Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to bring him home

Started by TebowHater, December 16, 2017, 02:59:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoarnSupremacy

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: HogCzar1 on December 16, 2017, 07:34:45 pm
You are wrong. What is so hard about understanding this? It's not hard.

You have donors who would feel forced because of business reasons to no longer donate only to the UA. You can call BS all you want. I know the donor personally. And, I'm not giving out the name.

That's short sighted sh&t right there   I guess the money talks

Snout team

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 16, 2017, 07:47:02 pm
Hire this guy he is Today's DC  Chavis is yesterday's DC!

Woah there cowboy.  NOBODY said DC.  Maybe DL or linebackers but not DC of an SEC team. 
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Been wanting an UA/ASU game for several years at WMS, first game of the season for both teams.  Split the revenue, alternate the Home team status.  Tell Little Rock that the first time every seat is not sold will be the last game played there by UA.  Fix up the outhouse stadium as you can but if folks don't show, we are out of there.

Remember that ASU has the same location problems with recruiting as we do.  It seems they are a good recent example of how to take chicken feathers and turn it into chicken salad.  Doing more with less.  Good chance if we would put our egos on the shelf, we could maybe ask them how the hell they are doing it. 

redeye

I've been in favor of playing ASU in LR for 40 years.  Arkansas is in the SEC and ASU is in the Sunbelt, so I don't see why money or recruits should be an issue.  When/if it ever happens, my guess is that everyone will wonder why we waited so long.

ur

BJ Edmonds that had the int in the first Q is Bobby Joe's son. Lived in fay during elementary school.

j-mann

i live here  its a bad idea to play them   

1 their AD has been very clear  he will only do home and home   he will not do a LR game   

2 it will only help them   the town of jonesboro  is 50/50   which i find funny   

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: 12247 on December 16, 2017, 08:01:26 pm
Been wanting an UA/ASU game for several years at WMS, first game of the season for both teams.  Split the revenue, alternate the Home team status.  Tell Little Rock that the first time every seat is not sold will be the last game played there by UA.  Fix up the outhouse stadium as you can but if folks don't show, we are out of there.

Remember that ASU has the same location problems with recruiting as we do.  It seems they are a good recent example of how to take chicken feathers and turn it into chicken salad.  Doing more with less.  Good chance if we would put our egos on the shelf, we could maybe ask them how the hell they are doing it.

I think its a win win.  I am hog fan.  Name in concrete 70 feet in front of ole main.  Live in NE Ark.  Its time to play ASU one game a year in WMS

ricepig

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 08:15:55 pm
I think its a win win.  I am hog fan.  Name in concrete 70 feet in front of ole main.  Live in NE Ark.  Its time to play ASU one game a year in WMS

Class of 39'?

factchecker

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 08:15:55 pm

What is "ole main"?

Do you mean Old Main?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 08:23:36 pm
What is "ole main"?

Do you mean Old Main?

Maybe he graduated from Ole Main high school in NLR?

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2017, 08:27:09 pm
Maybe he graduated from Ole Main high school in NLR?

It looked so foreign to me I thought it might have been a Spanish translation:

Ole' Main!

Or maybe he is an Ole Miss fan.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

East Clintwood

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 16, 2017, 05:50:32 pm
A good D is NOT based solely on sacks. Their total Defensive ranking according to the NCAA is #56. Not bad but not the best either. At least it was much better than the Hogs was this year. Actually might not be a bad hire but I would rather go after someone a little bigger.If that does't work then he might be a good fallback option.

You lookin' for someone  Bert's or Anderson's size?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

greenie

I want no part of the A-State argument. But I am intrigued by Early, and think finding a role for him would be good...likely not D.C., but maybe DL or LBs. Besides, if he had anything to do with raising Dre Greenlaw, he must know something about building young men.

BoarnSupremacy

BS and MS from UA.  What about you?

ricepig

Quote from: East Clintwood on December 16, 2017, 08:30:47 pm
You lookin' for someone  Bert's or Anderson's size?

What else can we do with those 4X coaches clothing?

BoarnSupremacy

What is "ole main"?

Do you mean Old Main?

Maybe it is Old Main    If You want to get pickey

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 08:30:11 pm
It looked so foreign to me I thought it might have been a Spanish translation:

Ole' Main!

Or maybe he is an Ole Miss fan.

I expect you never went to UA. 

factchecker

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 08:37:44 pm
I expect you never went to UA.

I'm an alumnus.  My wife is an alumna.  My daughter is a current student.

Nice try - ole main.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BoarnSupremacy

What is "ole main"?

Do you mean Old Main?

Damn   your good    I meant Old Main

factchecker

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 08:41:38 pm
Damn   your good    I meant Old Main

It's a message board.

We're just messin with ya.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 08:40:28 pm
I'm an alumnus.  My wife is an alumna.  My daughter is a current student.

Nice try - ole main.

My thesis is in the library

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 08:42:32 pm
It's a message board.

We're just messin with ya.

You are waste of time   

East Clintwood

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2017, 08:33:16 pm
What else can we do with those 4X coaches clothing?

I think they passed 4X about 100 pounds ago.

East Clintwood

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 08:35:35 pm
Maybe it is Old Main    If You want to get pickey

I think it's obvious that he does.

BoarnSupremacy

BoarnSupremacy

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: East Clintwood on December 16, 2017, 08:45:58 pm

I think they passed 4X about 100 pounds ago.

I am not a tailor, but I have a good eye... Ive got them at about a 3 man tent size.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: East Clintwood on December 16, 2017, 08:47:17 pm

I think it's obvious that he does.

Bit of of a d**k isn't he  That's ok

PorkSoda

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 16, 2017, 05:01:36 pm
No one wants to split state loyalties... Right now everyone can be a razorback AND a red wolf to a certain extent. It's beyond stupid. It's suicide...
what if we played uca just to piss astate off
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HawgTide

Stay on target

Early is a good coach. We would be lucky to have him

Hawg Life

Quote from: TebowHater on December 16, 2017, 02:59:55 pm
No, not Gus. Brian Early.

https://twitter.com/brianearly2/status/941855127572541442

I have posted ad nauseum about the resume Brian Early has put together at AState. Here is the latest feather in his cap. DL he's coached for 4 years is about to break the all time FBS sack record.

I'd also like to bring Tommy Thigpen home.

jvanhorn

Quote from: HogNTX on December 16, 2017, 06:19:13 pm
This

Is a big load of dumb.  Big donors are businessmen.  If they have business interests in that part of the state they make donations already because--it is good business and making money and donating to people you do business with is smart and profitable.

ChitownHawg

AState's highest average attendance was in 2012. When they can fill their own dang stadium then come and talk to us. 

Their fans don't deserve to see this game.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Roy Bacon

Quote from: 12247 on December 16, 2017, 08:01:26 pm

Remember that ASU has the same location problems with recruiting as we do.  It seems they are a good recent example of how to take chicken feathers and turn it into chicken salad.  Doing more with less.
They are doing "more" if you want to call it that  AGAINST less . They in reality are not doing more . They play in the Sunbelt . Get it ?  Do you think that's the same as the SEC ? When is the last time they beat an SEC team ?  They celebrate playing someone like a Nebraska a decent game but still lost even when the Nebraska coach is on the hot seat and ends up getting fired .  When is the last time ASU beat a power 5 team ? 
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

Roy Bacon

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 16, 2017, 11:49:41 pm
what if we played uca just to piss astate off

ASU did and lost and haven't knocked on that door since .
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

HoggyCat

Go look at the competition they play in that pathetic conference.  Everyone worth a damn has left. All they have left is Troy (who beat them), and the 2 Louisiana schools. The rest are FCS & D2 move ups. And one of them beat them this year.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: HawgTide on December 17, 2017, 12:01:35 am
Stay on target

Early is a good coach. We would be lucky to have him

Jeffi is gone. Raise your expectations.

RedyorNot

I'm all for bringing Early on board as the Dline coach. He needs more cross pollination experience with other positions IMO before he'd be ready to be a DC in the SEC.

jackflash

TebowHater

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 17, 2017, 10:00:22 am
Go look at the competition they play in that pathetic conference.  Everyone worth a damn has left. All they have left is Troy (who beat them), and the 2 Louisiana schools. The rest are FCS & D2 move ups. And one of them beat them this year.

He also doesn't have SEC talent himself to work with. The point is how you do relatively - do you outperform your peers at the same level. Well, yes they have. And in this case, we actually have a mutual opponent, and yep - he outperformed us, too. Oh and let's not talk about the NFL talent we have had during the same time frame that he has grossly outperformed us.

Here is a post from midseason about how he was doing:
Quote from: TebowHater on November 10, 2017, 10:56:31 pm
Well against the same talent (Coastal Carolina) they had 3 sacks (we had 1) and 7 TFLs (we had 4). They gave up 17 points we gave up 38.

Next, we have had far better absolute talent than they have had over this time frame. 3 NFL starters + 5 star recruit in Agim + more. It is all relative. He has just taken CUSA level talent and made them the best in their league. 5 All-Conference DL in 3 years to our 1 (Flowers, second team in 2014).

Quote from: TebowHater on November 10, 2017, 09:51:20 pm
His team produced 36 more sacks (69 vs. 105) and 72 more TFLs (209 vs. 281) than our team during the 2014-2016 frame, a frame that spanned Flowers (1 year), Philon (1 year), Deatrich Wise (3 years). Two of these players start concurrently for the Patriots DLine. That is an impressive feat to outperform that talent by that much. http://www.patriots.com/schedule-and-stats/depth-chart

Edit: This is not to mention his current season, for which he is said semifinalist as above! They already (4 more games + bowl!) have more sacks this year (26) then we have had in any of the past four seasons. We have 12 sacks this year to their 26. They have 59 TFLs to our 34.

I am all for letting Chad Morris bring in his chosen Guys, whomever he chooses.  I expect this upgrade in HC and staff to show up on the field the first game of the very first year and I want this coach to have control.  Our bar for winning in Hog land has been set about ankle high.  If CM cannot come out swinging and produce a team that looks the part of a team meaning, playing with energy, seeming to know at least something about scheme, direction, exactly what is expected, appear conditioned, etc..  And I am not talking about just the players, the coaches too.

Anyway, give this man his chance, watch his progress and DO NOT reward him with a stupid assed increase in pay and a equally stupid assed buyout.  Let CM earn his compensation the old fashion way by earning it.  If he can't beat the previous staff's numbers, can his rear.  But give him whatever he wants to be productive short of a professional bagman.

HoggyCat

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 06:44:38 pm
For some reason A-state has made better hires.   Good decisions from the top

Better AD.

ricepig

HoggyCat

Quote from: TebowHater on December 17, 2017, 10:12:35 am
He also doesn't have SEC talent himself to work with. The point is how you do relatively - do you outperform your peers at the same level. Well, yes they have. And in this case, we actually have a mutual opponent, and yep - he outperformed us, too. Oh and let's not talk about the NFL talent we have had during the same time frame that he has grossly outperformed us.

Here is a post from midseason about how he was doing:

What does SEC talent have to do with him competing in a crappy conference?? 

And we had TWO common opponents this season.... and we won the "margin of victory" dance against NMSU.

And anyone with half a brain (that wasn't brainwashed by Jeffi anyway) knows the CC game would've been a whole lot different if bert didn't know he was fired.

If 75% of the SEC left leaving only us, Vandy and Mizzou and were replaced with the lowest ranked conference teams, would we be considered "outperformers" by the outside world?  No.  We'd be an overrated team in a crappy conference.

pigatron

Quote from: TebowHater on December 16, 2017, 02:59:55 pm
No, not Gus. Brian Early.

https://twitter.com/brianearly2/status/941855127572541442

I have posted ad nauseum about the resume Brian Early has put together at AState. Here is the latest feather in his cap. DL he's coached for 4 years is about to break the all time FBS sack record.
What about HDN? He can be running game coordinator?

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 16, 2017, 03:18:52 pm
Naw, that game was made for WMS and might heal some of the damage done by Long, while keeping SEC games in RRS.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

southarkhog06

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on December 16, 2017, 08:48:42 pm
Me and son and granddaughter are alumni
Ah yes, one of my favorite parts of Hogville... the good ole Alumni superiority complex.

roothawg

The nothing to gain thing with A state is retarded. there is nothing to gain playing any other sunbelt team if there is nothing playing A state. The we won't play this team thing is worse than stupid, just because your god FB said so doesn't make it a good call. May of had a little merit in the 1950's but not now. Go Hogs