Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 03:09:06 pm

Bo Mattingley...

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, November 15, 2017, 04:17:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Sounds like he's about to cry. Like his best pledge buddy just got blackballed.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Kevin

just said hdn should be up there in some capacity
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razorhead94

Bo is sad because he knows he's about to lose all of his connections to keep producing reality shows.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Donny2665

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 15, 2017, 04:17:34 pm
Sounds like he's about to cry. Like his best pledge buddy just got blackballed.
I noticed that. He sounds like a guy who thought he had the inside scoop until he found out he didn't have the inside scoop. 
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

rogersvillemohog

He was a little testy yesterday too. I think he needs to go see his doctor, get some happy meds, maybe take a couple days off.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Perennial 8-4 Team

I tell ya what folks, I'm just tired of all these non-Arkansans coming down here thinking they can run our programs.

We got carpetbaggers in the Athletic Department, we got a carpetbaggin liberal from Ohio running the University, we got a carpetbaggin, useless Head Football Coach, and we got a carpetbagger running the primary sports radio station in the state.

You see these types of problems with Arkansas alum DVH and the baseball team? Heck no.  Do you see problems with Mike Anderson and the basketball team?  Heck no.  Because they're all Hog.

GET RID OF ALL THE FOREIGNERS!!!

Tusks

He needs his T levels checked.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

1highhog

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2017, 04:18:34 pm

I don't understand why anyone can listen to that little weasel, HDN my arse!

Tony Perkis

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

Uncommon

Well I think it wouldn't be much of a program if Bo didn't take devil's advocate role on his show and provide some controversy or difference of opinion.  If he just went with the torch and pitchfork crowd all the time, it'd just be a circle jerk on the radio.

jcbville

Quote from: Perennial 8-4 Team on November 15, 2017, 04:26:28 pm
I tell ya what folks, I'm just tired of all these non-Arkansans coming down here thinking they can run our programs.

We got carpetbaggers in the Athletic Department, we got a carpetbaggin liberal from Ohio running the University, we got a carpetbaggin, useless Head Football Coach, and we got a carpetbagger running the primary sports radio station in the state.

You see these types of problems with Arkansas alum DVH and the baseball team? Heck no.  Do you see problems with Mike Anderson and the basketball team?  Heck no.  Because they're all Hog.

Did you take your medicine today?

CareBear

Quote from: Uncommon on November 15, 2017, 04:28:55 pm
Well I think it wouldn't be much of a program if Bo didn't take devil's advocate role on his show and provide some controversy or difference of opinion.  If he just went with the torch and pitchfork crowd all the time, it'd just be a circle jerk on the radio.
Bo is a lap dog of whomever is in power. He's rude to callers who have pointed out the obvious things wrong with Bert & Jeffy. Jeff Long actually isn't a man of integrity. He treated long time UofA employees like dog sh*t, ostracized ex-players, knew about Bobby's affair then used it to fire him, used that firing to pump himself up as Mr integrity. That's called a effing weasel in my circles. Fake smiles & crocodile tears!

Tusks

Quote from: Little Lady Back on November 15, 2017, 04:28:45 pm
This made me lol!!

I'm here all the time and don't forget to tip your waitress.

Tusks

Quote from: CareBear on November 15, 2017, 04:35:37 pm
Bo is a lap dog of whomever is in power. He's rude to callers who have pointed out the obvious things wrong with Bert & Jeffy. Jeff Long actually isn't a man of integrity. He treated long time UofA employees like dog sh*t, ostracized ex-players, knew about Bobby's affair then used it to fire him, used that firing to pump himself up as Mr integrity. That's called a effing weasel in my circles. Fake smiles & crocodile tears!

dilly dilly!

FutureMan

My...god...  What really makes me sad, is there are people out there like you that truly have this xenophobic outlook on life.  It's truly a shame.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Uncommon

Which makes the program interesting and gets people riled up like yourself to call in.  It's good for his business. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: FutureMan on November 15, 2017, 04:39:05 pm
My...god...  What really makes me sad, is there are people out there like you that truly have this xenophobic outlook on life.  It's truly a shame.

Whats also a shame is people that think that HDN anywhere near this program are also out there, thats a shame!

Perennial 8-4 Team

Quote from: FutureMan on November 15, 2017, 04:39:05 pm

How is it xenophobic if we're all from the same country?  :P

CareBear

Quote from: Uncommon on November 15, 2017, 04:40:29 pm
Which makes the program interesting and gets people riled up like yourself to call in.  It's good for his business.
You are right. Bo can stir the pot with the best of them. He is a good radio guy, but I generally don't agree with 90% of what he preaches. Bart may be more maddening than Bo.
It's 5+ yrs of emotions coming out. It has felt like our program was hijacked & were strapped in with no way out. Long made his own bed. I'm not a "Damn Yankees" type of guy. I don't care where one is from. Being respectful in the way you treat people in a state that is known for having genuinely nice people is crucial. I live in Fayetteville. I'm 42 yrs old. I still wave at anyone that drives up the street regardless of whether I know them or not. I know in other parts of the country one can be looked at like you are crazy if one opens a door for someone at the gas station, waves at someone who they don't know, etc. I'm glad that we still value little things like that down here.

FutureMan

Quote from: Perennial 8-4 Team on November 15, 2017, 04:46:19 pm
How is it xenophobic if we're all from the same country?  :P

Xenophobic does not only mean fear of people from other countries, but I'm sure you already knew that...
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

Seebs

If you listen closely to the show, you can hear a lactation pump being used during dead air - I think Bo is leaking.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Uncommon

Quote from: CareBear on November 15, 2017, 04:50:53 pm
You are right. Bo can stir the pot with the best of them. He is a good radio guy, but I generally don't agree with 90% of what he preaches. Bart may be more maddening then Bo.
It's 5+ yrs of emotions coming out. It has felt like our program was hijacked & were strapped in with no way out. Long made his own bed. I'm not a "Damn Yankees" type of guy. I don't care where one is from. Being respectful in the way you treat people in a state that is known for having genuinely nice people is crucial. I live in Fayetteville. I'm 42 yrs old. I still wave at anyone that drives up the street regardless of whether I know them or not. I know in other parts of the country one can be looked at like you are crazy if one opens a door for someone at the gas station, waves at someone who they don't know, etc. I'm glad that we still value little things like that down here.
I will agree that if he has that type of demeanor outside of his work, then yes he is in the wrong.  I've never seen him out in public so I do not know how he interacts with others.  But radio is different and some do call in with just wildly ridiculous opinions that are treated with sarcasm and sass because it makes for great radio.

RebHog

I hate this mentality I don't give a flying duck where they come from as long as they produce. Some of you would rather fail with an "Arkansan" than win with a "Forner" give me a break. Oh yea and before you try to pull my "Arkansan" card born and raised here never left.

PorkRinds

What is it with either adding or subtracting a letter from everyone's name?

Uncommon

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 15, 2017, 04:57:39 pm
What is it with either adding or subtracting a letter from everyone's name?
lmao.  So true.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2017, 04:18:34 pm

IF true then he needs to go with Long..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rzrbk4life

I think he's disappointed there won't be anymore being bret bielema shows
Let's call those hogs!!!!

PorkRinds

If Gus or HDN has anything to do with this program it's gonna be straight up jihad at some point. We seriously don't want to go back down those roads.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 15, 2017, 04:59:09 pm
IF true then he needs to go with Long..........................

Well you do know that Jeff is the one guy on the hill that Bo could almost see eye to eye with right?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

TNRazorbacker

But hire the in staters and the toilets are never flushed, spit cups left everywhere, muddy boots on the carpet, everything is misspelled, etc., Pick your poison man.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Seebs on November 15, 2017, 04:55:04 pm
If you listen closely to the show, you can hear a lactation pump being used during dead air - I think Bo is leaking.

That's comedy gold right there.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Hou-Hog

IGNORANT

Ironhawg

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 15, 2017, 04:41:52 pm
Whats also a shame is people that think that HDN anywhere near this program are also out there, thats a shame!

Bingo!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 15, 2017, 05:03:14 pm
If Gus or HDN has anything to do with this program it's gonna be straight up jihad at some point. We seriously don't want to go back down those roads.
I would say you have a better chance of avoiding disaster if only one of them is around. Nutt as AD and Gus as HC would eventually produce a total meltdown. They tell everybody they're buddies now and that may be at least partially true but they each have a posse of supporters and those people hate each other. Explosion time.

RebHog

Quote from: woodrow hog call on November 15, 2017, 05:04:02 pm
Well you do know that Jeff is the one guy on the hill that Bo could almost see eye to eye with right?

I LOLed and cringed at the same time! I dont think Bo is a true arkansas fan(think he has even said so) he is doing a job that pays him and tries to be objective and professional. I listen every day on the way home and some of the callers are some real winners. I can see how it can be a grind to put up with some of these people every day. I do get the feeling he "talks down" to alot of callers which was confirmed by D. Ruskin one morning so he deserves some criticism but seriously sometimes I have to turn the radio on some callers cause I couldnt stand another second of it but he has to sit and endure it.

idochog

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 04:26:40 pm
He needs his T levels checked.

You sure it's not his estrogen levels? He's hormonal
I love Jesus!

oldhog63

Quote from: RebHog on November 15, 2017, 04:57:32 pm
I hate this mentality I don't give a flying duck where they come from as long as they produce. Some of you would rather fail with an "Arkansan" than win with a "Forner" give me a break. Oh yea and before you try to pull my "Arkansan" card born and raised here never left.
I agree with this but would add that I want a coach that once successful here stays here and doesn't see this as an intermediate step to something better, but as a final destination job.

RebHog

Quote from: oldhog63 on November 15, 2017, 05:25:30 pm
I agree with this but would add that I want a coach that once successful here stays here and doesn't see this as an intermediate step to something better, but as a final destination job.

Agreed and should have said if all things are equal would take an Arkansas guy in a heartbeat over someone else for this very reason.

Fan1958

Quote from: FutureMan on November 15, 2017, 04:53:46 pm
Xenophobic does not only mean fear of people from other countries, but I'm sure you already knew that...

Well, my handy dictionary defines "xenophobic" as "Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries."

Hmm.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

NYCRBACK

I agree with what you are saying!!! Time to bring back HDN to get it done!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 15, 2017, 05:17:40 pm
I would say you have a better chance of avoiding disaster if only one of them is around. Nutt as AD and Gus as HC would eventually produce a total meltdown. They tell everybody they're buddies now and that may be at least partially true but they each have a posse of supporters and those people hate each other. Explosion time.

Mike you gotta hope the people making the decisions are too smart to make that play.

Hogblog

Steelhawg

Quote from: Seebs on November 15, 2017, 04:55:04 pm
Quote from: Hogblog on November 15, 2017, 05:37:25 pm
NFW.....

Lmao!!!!!
"All things good or bad will come to an end. Except time."Roger Waters

Ray_Finkle

Gary, is that you?!

logic

I agree and he is very good at hiding his self promotion and the fact that it is all about what benefits Jeff Long instead of what benefits the UofA.  It took much to long, but eventually the powers were no longer fooled by his fakery.

Tusks

hootie needs to be supervised at all times when on campus.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: CareBear on November 15, 2017, 04:50:53 pm
You are right. Bo can stir the pot with the best of them. He is a good radio guy, but I generally don't agree with 90% of what he preaches. Bart may be more maddening than Bo.
I can tell that I have been in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, South and North Dakota, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Virginia, well you get the idea. And in all those places (if you get outside the mean streets of the big city) they wave and open doors, etc. Even had someone hold a door open for me in the evil empire of Los Angeles once. Good people and bad, all over this great land. Lets just get the best people in here and if they happen to be from here, even better.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

FutureMan

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 15, 2017, 05:29:59 pm
Well, my handy dictionary defines "xenophobic" as "Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries."

Hmm.

Different dictionaries say different things, so here's one for you:

From Merriam Webster:

Xenophobia:

:fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign

If you look back to the ancient Greek terms that underlie the word xenophobia, you'll discover that xenophobic individuals are literally "stranger fearing." Xenophobia, that elegant-sounding name for an aversion to persons unfamiliar, ultimately derives from two Greek terms: xenos, which can be translated as either "stranger" or "guest," and phobos, which means either "fear" or "flight." Phobos is the ultimate source of all English -phobia terms, but many of those were actually coined in English or New Latin using the combining form -phobia (which traces back to phobos). Xenophobia itself came to us by way of New Latin and first appeared in print in English in 1903.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/xenophobia
- E.E. Cummings

HogPharmer

Quote from: tusked on November 15, 2017, 06:43:54 pm
hootie needs to be supervised at all times when on campus.

Giggity
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.