Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best plan for next year is to scrap EVERYTHING!

Started by 007 License To Squeal, October 27, 2012, 09:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

1. Jeff Long
2. JLS
3. Paul P
4. Paul H
5. Any uniform which isn't at least 95% Cardinal Red and/or White.

It's time to level the program and rebuild from the ground up.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Fayettechill14

Better keep Long long enough to make the next hire. Then go back to the 2001 unis or the 2006 big letter unis. Judge Long all you want if the hire doesn't pan out.

You're crazy if you think he's making it alone, though. The BOT is helping with their "contacts."

BartIV

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on October 27, 2012, 09:13:29 pm
Better keep Long long enough to make the next hire. Then go back to the 2001 unis or the 2006 big letter unis. Judge Long all you want if the hire doesn't pan out.

You're crazy if you think he's making it alone, though. The BOT is helping with their "contacts."

Let Long make the next hire? No way!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

BartIV

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 27, 2012, 09:16:15 pm
Let Long make the next hire? No way!
Make a quick hire on his way out. That will be a great hire.

hogcard1964

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 27, 2012, 09:11:29 pm
1. Jeff Long
2. JLS
3. Paul P
4. Paul H
5. Any uniform which isn't at least 95% Cardinal Red and/or White.

It's time to level the program and rebuild from the ground up.

Depends what type of coach they hire. Certainly they can't allow Long to have any input in the hiring process. I agree that all three former Big 10 coaches hwve to go.

Since the season is over, what harm would it cause to fire Long right now?

greasy_corner

The best thing that comes out of this mess may be a coach that embraces tradition.  Throw that uniform crap out the bus on the long ride back home. 

Recruits come to win and get to the league.  Those that come for fads...we don't need. 

rhog1

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 27, 2012, 09:20:39 pm
Depends what type of coach they hire. Certainly they can't allow Long to have any input in the hiring process. I agree that all three former Big 10 coaches hwve to go.

Since the season is over, what harm would it cause to fire Long right now?
And your cause for firing Long would be?

tophawg19

hiring jess dorrell without a background check. hiring jls , loss of revenue from bowl game and game day , both are worth millions. lying and deception to fans and media . gave impression the 20,000 was u of a money and didn't clear that up. failure to hire a coach for this season . butch davis was available at that time. phil fulmer was available and would have took a 1 year deal just to get back into it , and yes he said he would
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pork Twain

I agree with all but 1 and 5.

Did I really just see someone try to blame Long for hiring JD?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

rhog1

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 27, 2012, 10:49:53 pm
hiring jess dorrell without a background check. hiring jls , loss of revenue from bowl game and game day , both are worth millions. lying and deception to fans and media . gave impression the 20,000 was u of a money and didn't clear that up. failure to hire a coach for this season . butch davis was available at that time. phil fulmer was available and would have took a 1 year deal just to get back into it , and yes he said he would
Got a link on Phill last I had read was no less than two years.  The failure to hire a coach this season it was April why Limit our self's to Phill Fulmer I believe Butch was under NCAA investigation at the time.    The Jessica Dorrell Hiring why would he have questioned Bobby at the time? The rest of that none of that is fireable. 

hogchic

Everyone will be gone next year. Hopefully the new HC will get get complete control and all the resources to hire who he wants and pay them well. The sooner the season is over the sooner we can move on.

devildoghawg

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 27, 2012, 10:31:43 pm
The best thing that comes out of this mess may be a coach that embraces tradition.  Throw that uniform crap out the bus on the long ride back home. 

Recruits come to win and get to the league.  Those that come for fads...we don't need.

The athletes love the uniforms, you need to get off your horse and get with today's world.  This BS about "heehaw it isn't traditional" needs to look at our society today.  You have to move with today's world to compete.  I don't see what is wrong with the jerseys, people have been asking for black for years, and we actually get them and win a game wearing them and everyone rejoices,  Then we lose to Ole Miss wearing them and everyone acts like its the jerseys fault.  Get over it.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Pigstie

Quote from: devildoghawg on October 30, 2012, 09:52:54 am
The athletes love the uniforms, you need to get off your horse and get with today's world.  This BS about "heehaw it isn't traditional" needs to look at our society today.  You have to move with today's world to compete.  I don't see what is wrong with the jerseys, people have been asking for black for years, and we actually get them and win a game wearing them and everyone rejoices,  Then we lose to Ole Miss wearing them and everyone acts like its the jerseys fault.  Get over it.
Today's world?  You mean like LSU, USC, OU, FSU, Texas, UT, Michigan, Alabama, I could go on forever.  The traditional powers do not need uni variety to get recruits.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.