Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Was it a violation of SEC or NCAA rules for Danny Nutt to be where he was last night?

Started by 007 License To Squeal, November 04, 2007, 04:51:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 07:00:17 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on November 04, 2007, 06:58:00 pm
Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 06:56:44 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on November 04, 2007, 06:51:43 pm
Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 06:48:53 pm
Quote from: jamie72921 on November 04, 2007, 06:45:42 pm
Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 06:11:35 pm

My point is that just because someone is on the sidelines and congratulates a player or players after a play, there is NOTHING wrong with it. I'm more apt to believe the gentleman who was at the game and saw where Danny was standing, than someone who cant find anything else to gripe about because the team did good and won so he makes crap up off the top of his head.

Slive, the SEC commissioner clearly stated what Danny Nutt could and could not do in a public statement.

That being said, if DN was amongst players, he would be in clear violation of the commissioner's edict.

He can be ANYWHERE but the coaches box according to the SEC. If he was on the 25 yard line, he was NOT in violation.

Quotehttp://nwanews.com/blogs/slophouse/category/sec-football/page/2/

Update: Danny Nutt banned from coaches’ box by SEC
Comments: 1 - Date: September 25th, 2007 - Categories: SEC Football, Arkansas Football - Author: Rainer Sabin

The Southeastern Conference told Arkansas coach Houston Nutt on Tuesday his brother will not be allowed inside the coaches’ box or the team bench area during a game.

Danny Nutt, the Razorbacks’ former running backs coach, was spotted by television cameras wearing a headset during Arkansas’ 42-29 loss to Kentucky at Razorback Stadium on Saturday.

“He can be anywhere in the stadium where he cannot be deemed as a coach,” said Charles Bloom, the league’s associate commission for media relations.

Arkansas coach Houston Nutt confirmed Tuesday that he had been contacted by SEC commissioner Mike Slive and informed of the conference’s decision.

“He can go sidelines, press box, but he cannot be in a coaches’ box,” Houston Nutt said of his brother. “I wasn’t clear about it at all. I wanted to know. He said he would get back with me. He got back with me. We’re good.”

Bloom said Arkansas will not be penalized and that no schools have complained that Danny Nutt was in the coaches’ box.

Danny Nutt resigned from Arkansas’ coaching staff in July because of health reasons. He is still on the university’s payroll, however
HE SHOULD BE AT HOME, LIKE ALL OTHER SICK PEOPLE!!!!

Pulled out....

Plenty of sick people go out and do things daily. I've seen terminally ill cancer patients at ball games before just because they wanted to see their kid, grandkid, or friends kid play ball. What is wrong with that?
you're a nutt!  did those "terminally ill" patients still get a monthly check for over 125k from the state?  get a clue!!!!!

Pulled out....

Pay is not an issue here. You made comments about sick people being out and about doing things. YOU get a clue here. Point is many sick people go out and do things. I'm real sure if you fell sick tonight and was diagnosed with cancer or something else tomorrow morning, you would just sit around and wait to die. You wouldnt get on here, wouldnt go to any games or anything, youd just sit around and do nothing, wouldnt you?
Thats been argued before.. Give it up. They are heartless people. They care of nothing but themselves. Oh ya and they hate Nutt. But we knew all the above already. Nothing new there.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

PulledPork

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 07:06:10 pm
Quote from: Trav34 on November 04, 2007, 07:03:12 pm
Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 07:01:02 pm

My point is that just because someone is on the sidelines and congratulates a player or players after a play, there is NOTHING wrong with it. I'm more apt to believe the gentleman who was at the game and saw where Danny was standing, than someone who cant find anything else to gripe about because the team did good and won so he makes crap up off the top of his head.

Slive, the SEC commissioner clearly stated what Danny Nutt could and could not do in a public statement.

That being said, if DN was amongst players, he would be in clear violation of the commissioner's edict.

He can be ANYWHERE but the coaches box according to the SEC. If he was on the 25 yard line, he was NOT in violation.

Update: Danny Nutt banned from coaches' box by SEC
Comments: 1 - Date: September 25th, 2007 - Categories: SEC Football, Arkansas Football - Author: Rainer Sabin

The Southeastern Conference told Arkansas coach Houston Nutt on Tuesday his brother will not be allowed inside the coaches' box or the team bench area during a game.

Danny Nutt, the Razorbacks' former running backs coach, was spotted by television cameras wearing a headset during Arkansas' 42-29 loss to Kentucky at Razorback Stadium on Saturday.

"He can be anywhere in the stadium where he cannot be deemed as a coach," said Charles Bloom, the league's associate commission for media relations.

Arkansas coach Houston Nutt confirmed Tuesday that he had been contacted by SEC commissioner Mike Slive and informed of the conference's decision.

"He can go sidelines, press box, but he cannot be in a coaches' box," Houston Nutt said of his brother. "I wasn't clear about it at all. I wanted to know. He said he would get back with me. He got back with me. We're good."

Bloom said Arkansas will not be penalized and that no schools have complained that Danny Nutt was in the coaches' box.

Danny Nutt resigned from Arkansas' coaching staff in July because of health reasons. He is still on the university's payroll, however

Pulled out....

Plenty of sick people go out and do things daily. I've seen terminally ill cancer patients at ball games before just because they wanted to see their kid, grandkid, or friends kid play ball. What is wrong with that?
you're a nutt!  did those "terminally ill" patients still get a monthly check for over 125k from the state?  get a clue!!!!!

Pulled out....

Pay is not an issue here. You made comments about sick people being out and about doing things. YOU get a clue here. Point is many sick people go out and do things. I'm real sure if you fell sick tonight and was diagnosed with cancer or something else tomorrow morning, you would just sit around and wait to die. You wouldnt get on here, wouldnt go to any games or anything, youd just sit around and do nothing, wouldnt you?
dont you remember how sick danny is though?  It could be dangerous for him to be on the sideline jumping up and down, high fiving, fist pumping, and cheering.  He needs to be more careful.

Well, you also have people who are so ignorant that they think they are invincible and their health is no issue. If he gives himself a stroke by being on the sidelines jumping around, then that is on him. He is a grown man and made the decision to do that.
and you don't think that somehow, Hooty, would not try to collect on that?  or the University would not have some responsibility in it.  They obviously knew he was sick, they were paying him for it, so why would they allow someone in his condition to put them at risk?

Pulled out...

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: PulledPork on November 04, 2007, 07:04:55 pm

The Southeastern Conference told Arkansas coach Houston Nutt on Tuesday his brother will not be allowed inside the coaches' box or the team bench area during a game.

Danny Nutt, the Razorbacks' former running backs coach, was spotted by television cameras wearing a headset during Arkansas' 42-29 loss to Kentucky at Razorback Stadium on Saturday.

"He can be anywhere in the stadium where he cannot be deemed as a coach," said Charles Bloom, the league's associate commission for media relations.

Arkansas coach Houston Nutt confirmed Tuesday that he had been contacted by SEC commissioner Mike Slive and informed of the conference's decision.

"He can go sidelines, press box, but he cannot be in a coaches' box," Houston Nutt said of his brother. "I wasn't clear about it at all. I wanted to know. He said he would get back with me. He got back with me. We're good."

Bloom said Arkansas will not be penalized and that no schools have complained that Danny Nutt was in the coaches' box.

Danny Nutt resigned from Arkansas' coaching staff in July because of health reasons. He is still on the university's payroll, however

Pulled out....

Pulled out....

are you kidding me?  since when did someone making 175k and supposed to have a life threatening illness, be okay enough to go to ball games, stand on the sideline for 3hrs, yell and scream ( I would assume), not become "the issue"?  If I fell sick tonight, I would be sick until I wasn't.  I damn sure wouldn't have the gonads to show up to work on a weekly basis, stand for hours on end and still claim to be sick.  you are not that gullible are you?

Pulled out.....

You know what they say about assuming, in the end you'll make an ASS out of U and ME

Point is, like I said above, if he is really that sick, then he is ignorant and should not be jumping or whatever he is doing, IF he is indeed doing that. But the fact is no one is concerned with Danny's health, they are more worried about him committing a NCAA or SEC Violation.

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: PulledPork on November 04, 2007, 07:08:17 pm
Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 07:06:10 pm
Quote from: Trav34 on November 04, 2007, 07:03:12 pm

Pulled out....

Pulled out....

dont you remember how sick danny is though?  It could be dangerous for him to be on the sideline jumping up and down, high fiving, fist pumping, and cheering.  He needs to be more careful.

Well, you also have people who are so ignorant that they think they are invincible and their health is no issue. If he gives himself a stroke by being on the sidelines jumping around, then that is on him. He is a grown man and made the decision to do that.
and you don't think that somehow, Hooty, would not try to collect on that?  or the University would not have some responsibility in it.  They obviously knew he was sick, they were paying him for it, so why would they allow someone in his condition to put them at risk?

Pulled out...

Let me ask you this, and I'm not asking in a argument/debate type questioning, but because I honestly do not know.

What is Danny's current state in his health? What is the latest that they have released on him from his doctors?

Korvyn

Quote from: Trav34 on November 04, 2007, 06:57:56 pm
Quote from: Korvyn on November 04, 2007, 06:55:16 pm
So here i
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on November 04, 2007, 06:00:49 pm
Quote from: Pignoramus on November 04, 2007, 05:56:56 pm
He was playing by the rules.  No need to try and make something out of nothing.

Yeah, Dale wishes we all just trusted him, too.

The fact is someone says they SAW HIM among the players.  It is definitely worth looking into, especially if it could mean NCAA violations.  Whatever it takes.

Whatever it takes? to do what? Get Nutt Fired. That's great let the TEAM face scholarship sanctions, Forfeiture of the wins and who knows what else that will dismantle OUR team for years to come. I don't like HDN. I think he should have been fired after the 4 win season. However i as a Fan of the TEAM would hate to see the TEAM get penalized so heavily because the Coach is an idiot.
so you would rather win regardless than do it the right way with out breaking the rules.  I have pity on your soul son.

I never said that. I just think it's a shame that supposed fans of a team are out trying to get their team dismantled by the NCAA. Do you really think that the Death Penalty SMU got is worth HDN being gone. Lets see Nation power hosue to oh yeah Bottom Feeder that isn't even in contention on 90% of it's games. The NCAA is watching Danny Nutt. If there is a Violation then THEY wil know. They don't really need fans playing detective for them. Ya'll are really rediculous.
40 Minutes of PEL

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 07:09:12 pm
Point is, like I said above, if he is really that sick, then he is ignorant and should not be jumping or whatever he is doing, IF he is indeed doing that. But the fact is no one is concerned with Danny's health, they are more worried about him committing a NCAA or SEC Violation.

Those are two separate issues.  Normally, a state employee could not do what Danny is doing while collecting sick pay.....IMO.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

PulledPork

You know what they say about assuming, in the end you'll make an ASS out of U and ME

and if you will notice, who was it that brought up the sick leave issue in this thread...that's right, me.  So, I don't give a rats patooty if he brings on the NCAA investigation....what ever it takes!  But they damn sure better not blame the fans for his blatant irregard of the rules and his supposed "life threatening" illness.  He doens't have cancer, so that doesn't compare, he isn't a "Make A Wish" recipient, so that won't work.  He is a state employee collecting 140K in state funds for being sick.  But, apparently not sick enough, that he has to miss games, practices or high five interactions with fb players.  If he is not that sick, make the turd earn that money!

Pulled out...

Pig_Daddy_Cool

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 04, 2007, 07:12:35 pm

Those are two separate issues.  Normally, a state employee could not do what Danny is doing while collecting sick pay.....IMO.

In your opinion, or by State Law? Only one matters! ;)

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Korvyn on November 04, 2007, 07:12:01 pm

I never said that. I just think it's a shame that supposed fans of a team are out trying to get their team dismantled by the NCAA. Do you really think that the Death Penalty SMU got is worth HDN being gone. Lets see Nation power hosue to oh yeah Bottom Feeder that isn't even in contention on 90% of it's games. The NCAA is watching Danny Nutt. If there is a Violation then THEY wil know. They don't really need fans playing detective for them. Ya'll are really rediculous.

If there are sanctions, don't blame the fans.....the monkey is on the back of White, broyles, and the two Nutts.

PulledPork

So here i

The fact is someone says they SAW HIM among the players.  It is definitely worth looking into, especially if it could mean NCAA violations.  Whatever it takes.

Whatever it takes? to do what? Get Nutt Fired. That's great let the TEAM face scholarship sanctions, Forfeiture of the wins and who knows what else that will dismantle OUR team for years to come. I don't like HDN. I think he should have been fired after the 4 win season. However i as a Fan of the TEAM would hate to see the TEAM get penalized so heavily because the Coach is an idiot.
so you would rather win regardless than do it the right way with out breaking the rules.  I have pity on your soul son.

yes you are, in a round about way....would you not report a fellow employee if you saw them bilking money into a private acct without anyone elses knowledge?  Just you and him that know.....

Pulled out...

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Pig_Daddy_Cool on November 04, 2007, 07:13:47 pm
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 04, 2007, 07:12:35 pm

In your opinion, or by State Law? Only one matters! ;)

I believe we will find out what the Arkansas AG's opinion is before this is over.

War Warthog

Resignation called, brutha!

Korvyn

Quote from: PulledPork on November 04, 2007, 07:15:04 pm
So here i

yes you are, in a round about way....would you not report a fellow employee if you saw them bilking money into a private acct without anyone elses knowledge?  Just you and him that know.....

Pulled out...

If that is the Backwards Reasoning that is being used. you Are NOT a Razorback fan because you Wish them Harm just to get rid of someone you dislike. Much like Reporting every Miniscule thing a co worker does to the Boss to get him Fired. We are fans not the rules committee. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.
40 Minutes of PEL

PulledPork

Quote from: Korvyn on November 04, 2007, 07:23:49 pm
So here i

Pulled out...

If that is the Backwards Reasoning that is being used. you Are NOT a Razorback fan because you Wish them Harm just to get rid of someone you dislike. Much like Reporting every Miniscule thing a co worker does to the Boss to get him Fired. We are fans not the rules committee. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.
we are talking about breaking NCAA rules!  I would certainly hope that our coach or any of his staff would not purposely do it, or if they did it by accident, self report.  If they are too arrogant to do either, then hell yeah, I am going to bring it to someone's attention.  True character is what you do when someone is not looking!

Pulled out....

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Korvyn on November 04, 2007, 07:23:49 pm
So here i

Pulled out...

I would LOVE for the U of A to get penalized someway because of Danny Nutt.  It's time those morons quit getting away with that b.s.

If you think this is over, you are crazy.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Korvyn

Ok Danny nutt has resigned his position as RB coach but is still on sick leave. I know that in itself is an argument with some of you but lets just say that he is still employed by the UofA. Technically as an employee he still has access to the fottball field given a sidline pass by the University. So as long as he isn't in the Coaching booths or the Coach's box on the feild he is just a FAN watching the game in the eyes of the NCAA. Even if he yells out run a double reverse to Fish it would be the same as you or I yelling the same thing from the front row of the stadium.
40 Minutes of PEL

wysiwyg01

The ones on this post that think Danny is an idiot and needs to be ran out of town are the true idiots. Danny does have a medical problem. By the number of post I see some of you guys having you have a much bigger problem. It is called not having a life. Danny is part of the program you guys only wish you were part of.You idiots enjoy watching DMac and Felix. Danny recruited those guys and many more. So to wish anyone ill is a horrible thing. Shame upon you all.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: wysiwyg01 on November 05, 2007, 11:07:55 pm
The ones on this post that think Danny is an idiot and needs to be ran out of town are the true idiots. Danny does have a medical problem. By the number of post I see some of you guys having you have a much bigger problem. It is called not having a life. Danny is part of the program you guys only wish you were part of.You idiots enjoy watching DMac and Felix. Danny recruited those guys and many more. So to wish anyone ill is a horrible thing. Shame upon you all.

Now THAT is funny.  If you are a Nuttzi, SURELY you see what a ridiculous statement that is.

Hand over Danny's computer and prove us all wrong, Nuttzi.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

wysiwyg01

I think you need a life. If you love the program as much as you love to condem it. Get a job in the Athletic Department and make some changes. FOI Danny's computer. 14,431 post. Truely see how weird that is. OCD.