Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hear the distant sound of a falling bomb!!

Started by 007 License To Squeal, August 10, 2007, 07:36:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

Anyone else hear it?  Estimated impact this afternoon.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

TuckFexas

They've all been duds so far, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Seebs

Nobody on the coaching staff was partying with Scott Spezio were they?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

online-with-swine

mike7156

In the military you are told that 10% of all bombs are duds. In the case of sports bombs I would say the reverse is true, about 10% are the real thing. All bombs don't make the waves that you might think they should. But enough small bombs will get the job done sooner or later. Lets just hope the Nuke drops in time to save the program much more pain.
True Heroes wear the uniform that serves this country proudly.

grayhawg

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: mike7156 on August 10, 2007, 07:46:46 am
In the military you are told that 10% of all bombs are duds. In the case of sports bombs I would say the reverse is true, about 10% are the real thing. All bombs don't make the waves that you might think they should. But enough small bombs will get the job done sooner or later. Lets just hope the Nuke drops in time to save the program much more pain.

True... a real bomb makes immediate damage when it hits.  In SPorts most bombs hit, but there is a delay in when the impact is fully felt, so there is time to undermine, spin, contact all the Goebbbels Media to cover up and dimenish the damage.

Things that would have had a coach fired 10 times over everywhere else in the Galaxy, never make more than a little ripple here in Ark, where 99.9% of the Media, and 100% of the TV and Radio people are just extentions of the Ark Propoganda arm and Nutt's personal friends.

doo-ran

wholehog92

You guys aren't talkin about another Fri presser are you? 8)
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

ballhog88

Clean out your ears, nothing going to happen.

razorsharphawg

Quote from: doo-ran on August 10, 2007, 07:50:04 am
Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 07:36:23 am
I hear it as well.

What exactly is going to happen this afternoon?  Do tell.  Last time everyone was saying this a whole bunch of nothing was the result. 

Conway Cool Daddy

The only bombs I'm hearing are the ones that have little rainbows floating around after they land.

;)

007 License To Squeal

fire_hog

Are the unreleased emails the bomb? Heard they were pretty vicious, and some of the previous apologists may not be happy about what's said.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

that_guy

Quote from: fire_hog on August 10, 2007, 08:02:03 am
Are the unreleased emails the bomb? Heard they were pretty vicious, and some of the previous apologists may not be happy about what's said.

What unreleased emails?  From who?  Help me...I'm an out of stater without a lot of info.

TR1

LSUFan

Quote from: MikeThrel on August 10, 2007, 08:18:32 am
That sound you hear is actually NotShavin breaking wind........

Be afraid, Be very afraid.

DukeOfPork

I've seen this movie before.

I almost GUARANTEE you that nothing big happens today.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: abraHAM_lincoln on August 10, 2007, 07:49:44 am
Quote from: mike7156 on August 10, 2007, 07:46:46 am

True... a real bomb makes immediate damage when it hits.  In SPorts most bombs hit, but there is a delay in when the impact is fully felt, so there is time to undermine, spin, contact all the Goebbbels Media to cover up and dimenish the damage.

More like a biological weapon I suppose.

pimphog

You people are crazy.........why in the heck would you want all this crap to come out right at the beginning of football season?  I agree something needs to be done but not until the end of the year.....i want to have a good football season.....i hope nothing happens today or you can kiss this season goodbye.......

Dirty

catfish07

"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: pimphog on August 10, 2007, 09:05:27 am
You people are crazy.........why in the heck would you want all this crap to come out right at the beginning of football season?  I agree something needs to be done but not until the end of the year.....i want to have a good football season.....i hope nothing happens today or you can kiss this season goodbye.......

The longer crap is covered up, the stinkier it becomes.  Clean house now!!

LSUFan

PimpleHog, relax, you can follow The Dale to his next program he chooses to destroy.

GBPackerFan

Agreed

UAfan

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 10, 2007, 09:08:14 am

I truly believe that anyone who wants the bomb to be dropped at this point has no interest in this teams success this season. JMHO.  Fire away.

TxHogger

ain't none of that. it's the sound of my 401K hittin' rock bottom.

ConwayHog

Quote from: UAfan on August 10, 2007, 09:16:12 am

I truly believe that anyone who wants the bomb to be dropped at this point has no interest in this teams success this season. JMHO.  Fire away.

I guess some folks are willing to sacrifice short-term gains for long-term results ???

LSUFan

PigWig

The mysterious Friday Press Conference. Players meeting at 3:00, presser at 4:00 in which Nutt resigns?

I'm sorry but I went down this road way to many times in Jan, feb, and March and it always turns out the same. At the end of the day, Nutt will still be here and I will need to start hitting the bottle again.

ConwayHog

Quote from: LSUFan on August 10, 2007, 09:18:02 am
Quote from: TxHogger on August 10, 2007, 09:16:18 am
LOL tru dat

Man, no joke.  Things dropping like crazy.

351hog

Are these the same bombs that had you start a thread a few months back telling everyone that Nutt was done a few months ago.  Your "predicted" date came and went, and so will this one. 

redbarn

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a press conference  about Nutt getting a vote of confidence and another extension the way things work on the hill.......................
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

aristotle

4 sure. If you have an interactive 401K, move those stock positions into bonds ( or bond funds ) and weather the storm. The European Central Bank had to put a record amount of cash into the market yesterday and global stocks are getting hammered.

Hogchick

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 09:18:34 am
Quote from: LSUFan on August 10, 2007, 09:18:02 am
LOL tru dat

Man, no joke.  Things dropping like crazy.

We can all thank the real estate market for that....

UAfan

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 09:17:58 am

I guess some folks are willing to sacrifice short-term gains for long-term results ???

So risk this year's season, commits, and Heisman candidate?  With something that can be done a lot easier in January.  Give me a break.

HogasaurusRex

PLEASE LORD. LET IT BE!

Time for a Nutt cutting! ;D

Hoggie1952

Quote from: PigWig on August 10, 2007, 09:18:28 am
The mysterious Friday Press Conference. Players meeting at 3:00, presser at 4:00 in which Nutt resigns?

I'm sorry but I went down this road way to many times in Jan, feb, and March and it always turns out the same. At the end of the day, Nutt will still be here and I will need to start hitting the bottle again.

Now thats what I'm talking bout

hogsanity

I would worry much more about Monk's MRI results being a bomb than anything else.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

UAfan

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2007, 09:36:34 am
I would worry much more about Monk's MRI results being a bomb than anything else.
agreed.

slopinhogs

i hope not, i have heard them before and none of them were duds . i don't ever want to hear them again. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

OTTER

Doesn't this belong in the rumors and BS forums?  I am ready for Nutt to go but not bad enough to flush this season down the toliet!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

UAfan

Quote from: opineonswine on August 10, 2007, 09:45:06 am
It's a "confirmed" rumor.  There will be some breaking news later today.  (not a firing or resignation though).
Can you let us in on what it may be?

aristotle

What are we looking at here? What is the nature of this breaking news?

Can anyone shed any light whatsoever, or are we going to go through the same old song and dance?

wholehog92

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 10, 2007, 09:47:25 am
Quote from: opineonswine on August 10, 2007, 09:45:06 am
It's a "confirmed" rumor.  There will be some breaking news later today.  (not a firing or resignation though).

An apology would be a good start.

That would be known as a stealth bomb around here if you're talking from the Hill.  You can't hear it, see it, or even notice it.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hogsanity on August 10, 2007, 09:36:34 am

Man, I hope it's minor.  We can't lose him for any length of time.

HOGWILD_F4I

*yaaaaaaawn*

Nothing to see here folks.. move along..

Only falling bomb that is a fact, is Wall Street and the Dow Jones taking a huge tumble for a few days straight now.. other than that.. another boring Friday

GBPackerFan

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 10, 2007, 09:17:58 am

That is ridiculous.  We have a possible Heisman winner on our team.  But, yeah, lets sacrifice that a few weeks before the season starts.