Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.22 Ammo Hoarding

Started by Boarslab, August 17, 2013, 08:38:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

It has not let up down here. My Wal Mart is fully stocked with every thing except 22 Long Rifles.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Thanks Scott I been swamped and not able to get to any of the big box stores.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

kodiakisland

Two trips to Cabelas this weekend:

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

OldCoot

Anyone had luck in Little Rock?  Everyone has been slim lately and I ain't paying for match grade.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: OldCoot on May 05, 2015, 07:49:00 am
Anyone had luck in Little Rock?  Everyone has been slim lately and I ain't paying for match grade.
I got two boxes of 500+ at Ft Thompson in February.

DeltaBoy

My Academy got plenty but I was broke from buying  Prom stuff and a new HVAC system.

OldCoot

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 06, 2015, 10:00:46 am
My Academy got plenty but I was broke from buying  Prom stuff and a new HVAC system.

I cant find brick anywhere right now.  I picked up a new mossberg 715 t and need plenty.

Grizzlyfan

Good to see supply and demand working itself out again.

DeltaBoy

The Supply seems to be getting better down here in DFW the Delta is a whole other matter outside of Macks.

95_alum

Cabela's had bricks of Federal & Thunderbolt this afternoon. They also had 50rnd CCI's.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 95_alum on May 08, 2015, 01:22:42 am
Cabela's had bricks of Federal & Thunderbolt this afternoon. They also had 50rnd CCI's.
Good !

LAHogfan123

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 06, 2015, 10:00:46 am

Let me know again if u ever need HVAC service Delta, I'll try to hook u up.

LAHogfan123

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 06, 2015, 01:52:56 pm
The Supply seems to be getting better down here in DFW the Delta is a whole other matter outside of Macks.

Whoops, forgot where you was living I guess Delta, I can't help you out down in that part of the Country.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on May 19, 2015, 03:36:21 pm
Let me know again if u ever need HVAC service Delta, I'll try to hook u up.

Thanks

DOGALUM

I got kicked off of a closed facebook page for having a negative opinion about the asshats trying to sell .22 ammo for outrageous prices.  (NWA guns and ammo exchange is the facebook page)    It's going on EVERY DAY!  It's stupid and......IMO......criminal.   (if not jail, these people at least need their asses thumped)
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Hogs run wild

still can't find any in the stores. only online for high prices
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DOGALUM on May 28, 2015, 12:18:13 pm
I got kicked off of a closed facebook page for having a negative opinion about the asshats trying to sell .22 ammo for outrageous prices.  (NWA guns and ammo exchange is the facebook page)    It's going on EVERY DAY!  It's stupid and......IMO......criminal.   (if not jail, these people at least need their asses thumped)

The Local Gun shop is the worse.

pseudorabies

I got lucky at Walmart this last Thursday.  I showed up right when a guy dropped off 4 tubs of the 1440 rounds of 22 ammo.  He left and they sent a girl over to the sporting goods counter and I told her I wanted to buy them all.  She didn't even hesitate to ring them up.  Ended up with 5760 rounds for $280.  Less than 5 cents a round. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pseudorabies on June 01, 2015, 09:56:05 am
I got lucky at Walmart this last Thursday.  I showed up right when a guy dropped off 4 tubs of the 1440 rounds of 22 ammo.  He left and they sent a girl over to the sporting goods counter and I told her I wanted to buy them all.  She didn't even hesitate to ring them up.  Ended up with 5760 rounds for $280.  Less than 5 cents a round. 

You won that Ammo Lottery My Friend.

OldCoot

That's why no one else can get ammo.

hogginbama

Just had a new gun shop open here in Indianapolis, Point Blank. For their "soft opening", they had pallets of Remington Thunderbolt, 500 count boxes for $29.99. I went the second weekend they were open and picked up 24 boxes for myself, son, son's FIL and 3 other buddies in Wisconsin. 2,000 rds each and we will blow through that this summer and in the fall squirrel season with ease. It was unlimited amount after the first weekend. I watched a 60+ year old lady cart out 6 cases (10 boxes per case) of the stuff. Asked the manager if that was the norm for the week and he said it was. They had a big gunshow in town and he said folks were coming in buying up cases and then trying to resell at the gun show for double/triple the price.

I am always bumping into shelves with 22 lr on it, so if any of you are in Indiana or close to Tuckerman, AR (my hometown) and don't mind waiting for me to visit again in the next couple of months...I don't mind hooking you up. They did have a ton of the winchester super X 100 count plastic sleeves for 9.99 that no one was touching.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

OldCoot

All of this hoarding and reselling is repugnant.

pseudorabies

Quote from: OldCoot on June 09, 2015, 09:36:32 am

Nothing wrong with people buying ammo for themselves or friends.

hogginbama

Quote from: OldCoot on June 09, 2015, 09:36:32 am

Not a hoarder here, shoot quite often with my boys. Gets kind of expensive tossing 270/30-30/308 rounds down range, so when we can get a good load of 22 to use for plinking we do. When family asks me to be on the lookout for it I try to pick some up for them. If you can't take care of family, who do you take care of?
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

OldCoot

The keyword here is RESELLING.

DOGALUM

Quote from: pseudorabies on June 09, 2015, 01:08:57 pm
Nothing wrong with people buying ammo for themselves or friends.
unless you are selling to your family and friends at an obscene markup, I do t think he was talking about what you mentioned.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogginbama on June 10, 2015, 11:19:29 pm
Not a hoarder here, shoot quite often with my boys. Gets kind of expensive tossing 270/30-30/308 rounds down range, so when we can get a good load of 22 to use for plinking we do. When family asks me to be on the lookout for it I try to pick some up for them. If you can't take care of family, who do you take care of?
see above

95_alum

1,400 round buckets at Cabela's.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: 95_alum on July 17, 2015, 05:27:44 pm

1,400 round buckets at Cabela's.

1,400 rounds........$1,400    :)

Lol, I know it's not that bad, but the price increase on .22 ammo has certainly gone a little crazy....if you can get it at all.  I saw some Remington Golden bullets, .22LR at Cabela's about 3-4 weeks ago.  A brick of 500 was going for $50.00. They had a lot of it on the shelf. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

95_alum

LOL. Yes, price is going up. (BTW, $90 for the bucket.)
They had .22 Win Mags as well.

pigture perfect

The Pawn Shop on Main Street in Dardenelle had the 500 brick for $34 the other day. Had about 6 boxes left in the case. Take cash. He doesn't do plastic.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Read that the ammo shortage is pert near over !

95_alum

GolfNut57

So what is a reasonable price nowadays to pay for a 50ct box of 22's? Or the 100ct? 500ct?

I want to know if I'm getting shanked when I go looking.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy

50 should be under 5 bucks per a box , 100 count under 12 and a brick under 20.

GolfNut57

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 26, 2015, 01:40:42 pm
50 should be under 5 bucks per a box , 100 count under 12 and a brick under 20.

So why would anyone pay $12 for a 100ct when they could buy two 50cts for under $10?. A brick is 500ct. Correct?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: GolfNut57 on August 27, 2015, 01:30:21 am
So why would anyone pay $12 for a 100ct when they could buy two 50cts for under $10?. A brick is 500ct. Correct?

CCI Mini Mags are going for 12 bucks and I never seen them in a 50 count box

Quote from: 95_alum on August 26, 2015, 12:06:55 am
Link?

Read off an Posting off Facebook from Outdoor life.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 27, 2015, 08:34:41 am

Outdoor Life must not shop for Ammo in Texarkana. Damn near impossible.

bp

DeltaBoy

It should be better.

DeltaBoy

Well it looks like my Trade day and gun show hoarders are raiding my Wal mart pretty Hard.

kodiakisland

Cabelas in Rogers had many thousands of 22lr in stock.  Most of it was way more than I wanted to pay, but if you need it they have it.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

DeltaBoy

I looked again last week at Walmart but it was a no go.

rickm1976

Got lucky in Walmart in Alma Sunday.  Overheard a guy buying a 2-pack brick of Federals (1000 total).  I asked the clerk if he had any more, and he had one.  They were selling them for $49.  That's 3 times as much as I paid for 1 brick back before the shortage started, but I was down to 2 50-round boxes.  BTW, I overheard an old guy in Walmart the other day bragging to his friend that he's still making a killing selling the ones he buys at WM.  I know the problem is the idiots who buy from those guys, but he's still a greedy jerk who is keeping some kids from having fun at the range with their dads and grandpas.

DeltaBoy

Yep they are at every gun show and on our Trade Fair Radio show along with the local Wed and Sat Flea Markets.

95_alum

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 27, 2015, 08:34:41 am

Hope it gets better in 2016.
http://bearingarms.com/22lr-ammo-drought-end/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 95_alum on January 03, 2016, 08:50:20 pm
Hope it gets better in 2016.
http://bearingarms.com/22lr-ammo-drought-end/

Good I went by Walmart 3 times during Christmas break and they were OUT   Academy Sport only had Federal Match Ammo in stock.  I glad I been just shooting my air guns the past 3 years.

DeltaBoy

Still no 22 Ammo at Walmart.  I guess I am going to have to hit it before 6 am on Thursday my next break and see if I can get some that way . No way am I paying 7-10 a box or 50 + per a brick on Trade fair or at the Gun Show.

OldCoot

I have about 10 bricks saved up.  Still haven't fired my fancy .22 that looks like an AR-15.  Should be fun plinking though.  I wonder if it will be fairly accurate as a regular length .22.

kodiakisland

Quote from: OldCoot on January 26, 2016, 07:37:32 am
I have about 10 bricks saved up.  Still haven't fired my fancy .22 that looks like an AR-15.  Should be fun plinking though.  I wonder if it will be fairly accurate as a regular length .22.

Which one do you have?  My M&P 15-22 shoots well.  I did have to tweak the extractor though.  It would jam every three rounds or so when new, but after the fix it has gone through 1,000 rounds or so with no problem.

Razorback7281

Quote from: kodiakisland on January 26, 2016, 07:47:49 pm
Which one do you have?  My M&P 15-22 shoots well.  I did have to tweak the extractor though.  It would jam every three rounds or so when new, but after the fix it has gone through 1,000 rounds or so with no problem.
How much did you pay for yours?  I've been looking at those, Academy has them for $399.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.