Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cuonzo Martin

Started by BannerMountainMan, January 13, 2018, 07:14:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

Why didn't he set up a good play to finish out the game? They had to shoot a horrible shot that almost went in
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

3kgthog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 13, 2018, 07:14:46 pm
Why didn't he set us a good play to finish out the game? They had to shoot a horrible shot that almost went in

I know what you're trying to do and it's childish. Nothing is gonna make your boy a good coach.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 13, 2018, 07:16:53 pm
I know what you're trying to do and it's childish. Nothing is gonna make your boy a good coach.
maybe I'm trying to ask a question? Why didn't he?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorpimp

Why didn't he set up a good play to finish out the game? They had to shoot a horrible shot that almost went in

Equal to worse coach than MA but much much much better recruiter

BigoBoys

Kevin

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 13, 2018, 07:18:03 pm
maybe I'm trying to ask a question? Why didn't he?

he has the same problem the hogs have, no good answer at point guard. so his bad pg panicked went to the corner.
should have just put the ball in the hands of the guy who had 27.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2018, 07:19:38 pm
he has the same problem the hogs have, no good answer at point guard. so his bad pg panicked went to the corner.
thank you!!! That's all I was asking!

cardsNhogs

Brought his team into BWA coming off a road win at south carolina and had a last second shot that would have won it

Wild Bill Hog

Probably learned it all from Anderson is my guess.

010HogFan

If you noticed, they had a screener up top that got into a big collision with 2 of our players and it threw off their entire rhythm, could have been called for a foul but it wasn't, it was every man for himself at that point

upperdeck_hawg

In his first year with his best player injured. Gave our 7 year guy with 6 seniors all they wanted.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

pigroots

Quote from: Kevin on January 13, 2018, 07:19:38 pm
Quote from: razorpimp on January 13, 2018, 07:18:42 pm
this

greenEGnHAWGS

Didn't he pull that stud recruit cuz he hired his dad or something?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Kevin

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 13, 2018, 07:59:03 pm
Didn’t he pull that stud recruit cuz he hired his dad or something?

yes, the stud is injured  played like 5 minutes of first game
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

la20688

Hogs played pretty good D that last possession.

BannerMountainMan

yeah I'm sorry MA didn't have any open assistant spots

rzrbackramsfan

He got Michael porter Jr, who is injured AND his brother Jontay Porter who is a freshman was actually rated hire than Gafford.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on January 13, 2018, 07:39:00 pm
In his first year with his best player injured. Gave our 7 year guy with 6 seniors all they wanted.

Well it may not get any better for him.  Martin doesn't exactly have a history of ascension, Mike on the other hand does. 

bkjbearcat

Yes. Some HC do whatever it takes to get elite talent. Others just act shocked when they go to KY or Miss St.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogmolar

Bigger question is what was our play call up 2 with 40 seconds left with a chance to put the game away?

oldbooniehog

Cuonzo got fired at Tennessee, right?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: oldbooniehog on January 13, 2018, 09:49:53 pm
Cuonzo got fired at Tennessee, right?

No he left on his own accord.  Everyone wanted him fired and then he goes on a run and makes the tourney and then the sweet 16, then everyone wanted him to stay, and he left for cal.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 13, 2018, 09:53:51 pm
No he left on his own accord.  Everyone wanted him fired and then he goes on a run and makes the tourney and then the sweet 16, then everyone wanted him to stay, and he left for cal.

If you replace Sweet 16 to, Almost beating North Carolina. You could be describing MA to a T.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hogz87

Pretty much this.  He recruited well at Cal and recruited extremely well in his first year at Mizzou.  I'd (probably) learn to live with an Xs and Os, in-game coach of MA's caliber (which is pretty average) if he recruited at Cuonzo Martin's level.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogmolar on January 13, 2018, 08:40:59 pm
Bigger question is what was our play call up 2 with 40 seconds left with a chance to put the game away?

Macon was supposed to drive the lane just like Miss St.

It will be interesting to see what happens in these situations moving forward. Macon has been asked to go to the hole because he is a good finisher and free throw hooter but he is in love with the 3 in these situations.

This can't be helping MA's trust.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 13, 2018, 07:21:25 pm
Probably learned it all from Anderson is my guess.

And that is what you are doing, guessing. Martin actually learned from and attributes his style of play to Gene Keady. I'm sure you've never heard of Gene Keady.....so, he was an Arkansas assistant that recruited Sid, Boot and Delph and coached for Eddie for several years before moving on to a head job after our Final 4. Then, went on to Purdue where he won 500+ games and went to 17 NCAA tournaments, Martin played for him and then coached under him and Matt Painter before moving on to Missouri St. No connection to CMA at all.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.