Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does seem like Bama

Started by gmarv54, January 09, 2018, 11:46:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gmarv54

Corkscrew Johnson

It was absurd to watch.  I cannot imagine if that had been Arkansas going against Bama for the NC and had those same ref blunders...I would have probably broken my hand against a wall. 

Pig in the Pokey

obviously rigged game was rigged af
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Poker_hog

Alabama privilege is real.

It works for unc and Kentucky in basketball
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hogsanity

lets see , so far today on Hogville, Bama has been accused of steroid use, paying players, getting preferential treatment from the refs, having the game outright rigged. Has anyone accused them of actually having a really good team full of really good players, you know, the most obvious reason they won. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rljjr

Can somebody explain, other than privilege, why #48 threw a punch, connected with it, was flagged for unsportsmanlike, yet was not ejected? 

And how hard are you allowed to shove the head of the QB after a tackle? Curious how we can get away with that. Do they measure with a torque wrench, or just how hard is the right amount of pressure?

Also, if there was offsides on Georgia there had to have been motion first, since two linemen moved before the ball was snapped. By the way, the Dawg defender was not in the neutral zone.

I won't ask about what constitutes DPI or holding against Bama Debs. I do know that we had a young bull get called for far, far less.

Just wondering out loud.

hogsanity

Quote from: rljjr on January 09, 2018, 12:09:52 pm
Can somebody explain, other than privilege, why #48 threw a punch, connected with it, was flagged for unsportsmanlike, yet was not ejected? 

And how hard are you allowed to shove the head of the QB after a tackle? Curious how we can get away with that. Do they measure with a torque wrench, or just how hard is the right amount of pressure?

Also, if there was offsides on Georgia there had to have been motion first, since two linemen moved before the ball was snapped. By the way, the Dawg defender was not in the neutral zone.

I won't ask about what constitutes DPI or holding against Bama Debs. I do know that we had a young bull get called for far, far less.

Just wondering out loud.

Was it a closed fist or an open hand shot to the face mask by #48. I only saw a view from behind the GA player? Closed fist is supposed to be automatic ejection.

As far as pushing on players to get up, that is really a judgement call by officials. Hands on players while getting up is common, not so common for it to be the helmet, but even that happens alot.

Why would there HAVE to have been have been motion 1st if there was offsides by GA? Even so, if there was a false start ( which there was ) that would have killed the play too so still no blocked punt.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

netteltonhog

The wrong call of the neutral zone infraction cost Georgia the game. Announcers said it was a non reviewable play. How convenient for Bama.

hogsanity

Quote from: netteltonhog on January 09, 2018, 12:17:36 pm
The wrong call of the neutral zone infraction cost Georgia the game. Announcers said it was a non reviewable play. How convenient for Bama.

most plays are not reviewable. I think the only penalty that is reviewable is targeting.

Poker_hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:05:28 pm
lets see , so far today on Hogville, Bama has been accused of steroid use, paying players, getting preferential treatment from the refs, having the game outright rigged. Has anyone accused them of actually having a really good team full of really good players, you know, the most obvious reason they won. 

Wait, you think Bama is totally clean on recruiting?  And you don't think any of those freak athletes are on roids?

I don't think the game is outright rigged but the perceived better player gets the benifit of the doubt.  Jordan used to get it al the time.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HighcountryHog

Over 150 total plays for the game, and people are reducing the game to just a couple plays.  Ridiculous.
no bumps, no fat chicks

311Hog

oh they are a really good team full of really good players, but they did benefit from the majority of the calls that is clear.

When you have a 5 star player on the 3rd string it is just unfair.  No other team is changing QB's at half time of the NC game with a TF LT, TF WR almost entirely new LB corp it is just mind boggling how much talent is stockpiled there.

IronHog

Their secondary stinks but gets away with massive PI or holding on nearly every play
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hogsanity

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 09, 2018, 12:19:23 pm
Wait, you think Bama is totally clean on recruiting?  And you don't think any of those freak athletes are on roids?

I don't think the game is outright rigged but the perceived better player gets the benifit of the doubt.  Jordan used to get it al the time.

With all the rules, and with boosters, either sanctioned or rogue, I doubt ANYONE is totally clean on recruiting. As for steroids, one the thing the NCAA & conferences have done very well is clean up the ped use in college football.

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 12:24:41 pm

Their secondary stinks but gets away with massive PI or holding on nearly every play

I know why some people believe in aliens, some of you are so green with envy that it is easy to mistake you for little green martian men.

BassinHawg

So did the Georgia receiver step out of bounds or not on the long TD pass??? Looked like he touched the white to me.

Both sided got calls against them and for them last night.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

311Hog

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 09, 2018, 12:30:10 pm
So did the Georgia receiver step out of bounds or not on the long TD pass??? Looked like he touched the white to me.

Both sided got calls against them and for them last night.

if you are talking his left foot no he didnt. but he did touch a player that was out of bounds i am not sure but i thought that makes you out of bounds.

also no one said ALL the calls went for bama just most of them and the most important ones at that.

BOAR_N2BWILD

The officials were very biased last night. One of the many reasons that I do not like Alabama
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

BassinHawg

Quote from: 311Hog on January 09, 2018, 12:31:31 pm
if you are talking his left foot no he didnt. but he did touch a player that was out of bounds i am not sure but i thought that makes you out of bounds.

also no one said ALL the calls went for bama just most of them and the most important ones at that.

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on January 09, 2018, 12:31:31 pm

Being touched by a player out of bounds does not make a player in bounds out of bounds, but a player out of bounds touching a lose ball makes the ball out of bounds and kills the play.

311Hog

Quote from: BassinHawg on January 09, 2018, 12:33:28 pm

on the coaches broadcast on ESN they have a shot going down the line you can see the heal of his foot is right up against the white but not in it. (btw no idea how the player managed to do it)

Thanks Sanity for the clarification it was debated on the coaches broadcast what the rule was Coach Gundy i think said he wasn't sure on that rule.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:26:58 pm
I know why some people believe in aliens, some of you are so green with envy that it is easy to mistake you for little green martian men.

Bama is Tebowisk with their ref bias

liljo

Is Alabama a great football team? Yes, of course they are.

Does Alabama have and develop great players? Yes, of course they do.

Is Alabama the luckiest team in College Football? Show me a luckier one.

Does Alabama get way more than its share of breaks with the refs? Oh, but of course they do. Don't believe me? Watch this:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/8/16866514/georgia-alabama-referees-missed-calls-national-championship-facemask
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

hogsanity

Quote from: liljo on January 09, 2018, 12:38:05 pm

Is Alabama the luckiest team in College Football? Show me a luckier one.

Auburn 2013.

LZH

Quote from: HighcountryHog on January 09, 2018, 12:21:00 pm
Over 150 total plays for the game, and people are reducing the game to just a couple plays.  Ridiculous.

Three point games are won or lost over a handful of plays.

hogsanity

Face mask calls get missed all the time. On that play last night look where he is, there are only 2 refs that are watching that part of the field, the runner has his back to one, and is screened from the other one by the QB.

lumphog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:13:51 pm
Was it a closed fist or an open hand shot to the face mask by #48. I only saw a view from behind the GA player? Closed fist is supposed to be automatic ejection.

As far as pushing on players to get up, that is really a judgement call by officials. Hands on players while getting up is common, not so common for it to be the helmet, but even that happens alot.

Why would there HAVE to have been have been motion 1st if there was offsides by GA? Even so, if there was a false start ( which there was ) that would have killed the play too so still no blocked punt.
Sanity ???

phadedhawg

I hate Alabama too much to be objective in this matter so I refrain from comment. 

I believe on the long TD play by Georgia, the WR just happened to land on the yard marker which was white, making that decision difficult.  His entire foot was on white at that instant.  It appeared to me that he was out of bounds by about an inch.  I saw several calls that I disagreed with in the game both ways.  If I am correct in that the TD run play was out of bounds, thats 7 points off Georgia at that point.  I believe BAMA could be called on defense nearly every pass play.  They are on the WR at nearly all times in a way designed to ruin his chances of making a play and often illegal, every play.  I do fully agree that BAMA appeared to get away with what most teams who have a player ejected for and that tap on the helmet after the tackle was usually grounds for 15 yards in my opinion.

Just believing the horse hockey about all the reasons given by Hogville about why BAMA won really makes me hope you are correct.  You see, if buying, drugging, cheating, and all that other stuff claimed on here is rampant then we still got a chance to be very good. 

Truth is, Saban does his job and runs on the edge.  Most coaches are not above it but just too lazy and stupid to learn how to do it.  Really makes Hogville mad.  Someday folks on here will realize that well over 80 percent of all coaches are not worth their pay.  When coaches bust their asses like a sharecopper with 8 kids to feed, you know, 7 days weekly and as long daily as it takes, much like Saban does, then they will earn their pay and won't need agents or working for an ignorant AD to be successful, money wise.  Smart may be one of those coaches with the will to go work. 

liljo

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:40:08 pm
Auburn 2013.
touché

But I'm talking about a decade of luck. You're talking about a play.

Auburn's luck ran out that year, also. 'Bama's most certainly Did Not. I believe they were rightly selected to the playoffs over Ohio State, but a case could sure be made against them even getting to participate this year.

'Bama got LOTS of breaks last night.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

311Hog

Saban is the GOAT to me.   That guy is crazy crazy good.  I mean he is what now 6 NC 5 at bama he is 12-0 vs his own assistants.  No one i mean NO ONE is putting the back up QB into the game at half time except for Saban unless the starter is hurt in the NC game.

When that happened every coach on the coaches NC espn broadcast were stunned.

jkstock04

Georgia got absolutely truck ****** in the 2nd half. That's how they lost the game. Poor qb play on their end and improved qb play on Bamas end. It wasn't the refs fault they blew a big lead.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MultipleScoreGasms

Bama did lose the NC to Clemson due to a "pick play" that was not called.  Just pointing that out.

liljo

Quote from: 311Hog on January 09, 2018, 01:02:12 pm
Saban is the GOAT to me.   That guy is crazy crazy good.  I mean he is what now 6 NC 5 at bama he is 12-0 vs his own assistants.  No one i mean NO ONE is putting the back up QB into the game at half time except for Saban unless the starter is hurt in the NC game.

When that happened every coach on the coaches NC espn broadcast were stunned.

On this post, you'll find no argument from me. Saban is, without a doubt, the best ever. He KNEW all along how good that kid was. TRUE FRESHMAN! That's just unbelievable!
Georgia, after preparing for Jalen Hurts this whole time, never could have seen that kid coming. But Saban did.

Still, with all that talent, great coaching, unbelievable athletes...it STILL took a lot of lucky bounces and breaks for 'Bama to win the NC. Almost always, the NC has to be not only the best team, but also the luckiest.

LZH

Quote from: 12247 on January 09, 2018, 12:59:00 pm
Just believing the horse hockey about all the reasons given by Hogville about why BAMA won really makes me hope you are correct.  You see, if buying, drugging, cheating, and all that other stuff claimed on here is rampant then we still got a chance to be very good. 

Truth is, Saban does his job and runs on the edge.  Most coaches are not above it but just too lazy and stupid to learn how to do it.  Really makes Hogville mad.  Someday folks on here will realize that well over 80 percent of all coaches are not worth their pay.  When coaches bust their asses like a sharecopper with 8 kids to feed, you know, 7 days weekly and as long daily as it takes, much like Saban does, then they will earn their pay and won't need agents or working for an ignorant AD to be successful, money wise.  Smart may be one of those coaches with the will to go work. 

Post of the day.

+1 and agree 100%.

liljo

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:42:18 pm
Face mask calls get missed all the time. On that play last night look where he is, there are only 2 refs that are watching that part of the field, the runner has his back to one, and is screened from the other one by the QB.

Did you watch each of the videos or just the one with the facemask, and with the official standing about 3 yards away, intently staring at the play?

There were several videos in that link I provided.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jkstock04 on January 09, 2018, 01:05:58 pm
Georgia got absolutely truck ****** in the 2nd half. That's how they lost the game. Poor qb play on their end and improved qb play on Bamas end. It wasn't the refs fault they blew a big lead.

While you're not wrong...the blocked punt that was wrongfully nullified sure would've helped...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Fan1958

Wrong.  Had the correct call been made (false start) the play would have been blown dead and Bama would have gotten a do over.  I agree the wrong call was made but the blocked punt was not going to stand one way or the other.

I despise the fact a false start kills the play.  Let it go and see what happens.  Much like the balk rule in high school baseball tends to penalize the offense, the false start rule in football often penalizes the defense.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:26:58 pm

Funny that you have to result to calling other's jealous when evidence was laid out before you. If you cannot see the holding, tugging and downright mugging that Bama's secondary get's away with play after play than you may have more of a man crush on Bama than these other guys are jealous...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

theFlyingHog

I guess you didn't watch the game....?

And you can clearly see the ref come in to mark the spot from a mere five yards away. Spin this one so he couldn't have seen it. I'm waiting

hogsanity

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 09, 2018, 01:40:47 pm
I guess you didn't watch the game....?

And you can clearly see the ref come in to mark the spot from a mere five yards away. Spin this one so he couldn't have seen it. I'm waiting

That stuff happens ALL THE TIME on a football field.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 02:12:20 pm

Just stop

That was a personal foul on a QB

gmarv54

I have grown to hate Bama and Saban to much to be objective.It is not like they need help or as the unbiased would have us believe lucky breaks on the missed calls they always seem to get

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 02:12:20 pm

how many times have we heard the phrase "trying to protect the QB"

It happens all the time in the line, not to the QB at the feet of a ref.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

hogginbama

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 09, 2018, 01:16:13 pm
While you're not wrong...the blocked punt that was wrongfully nullified sure would've helped...

It would have been nullified by a false start penalty that actually happened as well. If the officials got that call right, false start would have been called and no blocked punt.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

311Hog

Quote from: hogginbama on January 09, 2018, 02:30:53 pm
It would have been nullified by a false start penalty that actually happened as well. If the officials got that call right, false start would have been called and no blocked punt.

true but the 2nd punt would have been 5 yards back instead of 5 yards up.  Closer to the goal line maybe the guy tries to time it again and succeeds. either way the call totally went against GA when it should have been a huge or even a little break in GA's favor.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jm

The false start vs off sides is a huge deal. It would move the ball back 5 yards instead of forward 5 yards (a 10 yard swing in field position) and change the entire play call. Most coaches call something safe on 4th and short and do not set up a punt block attempt. It was a huge call in the game and obviously not a correct call.
To follow that immediately with the lack of a call on the face mask definitely changed the game