Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 questions from NC game....

Started by Grizzlyfan, January 09, 2018, 10:40:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Did the Alabama guy who went after the coach on the sideline really go back in the game?

What happened with the guy that passed out(?) on the Alabama sideline?

IMABIELEMA

For a while there it looked like Saban had lost the team. Still think Saban lacks teaching discipline.

RME

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on January 09, 2018, 10:45:18 am
For a while there it looked like Saban had lost the team. Still think Saban lacks teaching discipline.

Lol. I'll take a couple sideline skirmishes if it gets me 5 national championships in 11 years under one guy.

pigz

He was the one that made the arm tackle on the kickoff i think, so I would say yes he played again.
You guys have a good time frig dancing

LRHawg

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on January 09, 2018, 10:45:18 am

He has a burning desire to win, which rubs off on his players. The guy got upset and threw hands because he was fired up. Should he have sat on the bench? probably. Does anyone care? Not really. Winners win.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: pigz on January 09, 2018, 10:48:08 am
He was the one that made the arm tackle on the kickoff i think, so I would say yes he played again.
I thought it was him that made the tackle, but I wasn't paying close enough attention.

If a guy went after a coach would you guys play him again?  Would he be on the team the next day?

PS, I don't buy the "that's not who I am" excuse.  If that's what you do during a stressor, that's exactly who you are.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Not smart on his part but he later destroyed the Georgia RB on that special teams play.  It's impossible to argue with Saban as he's the best coach in college football. The player sounded contrite on the interview so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure the hogs would bench him but our defense is severely lacking in that intensity. We need some mean players out there.

hogsanity

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 09, 2018, 11:03:42 am
Not smart on his part but he later destroyed the Georgia RB on that special teams play.  It's impossible to argue with Saban as he's the best coach in college football. The player sounded contrite on the interview so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure the hogs would bench him but our defense is severely lacking in that intensity. We need some mean players out there.

If the Hogs ever signed a LB with that size strength and speed, I'd build him a special seat on the sidelines with a mini-fridge and a personal concierge. He is a soph, 6'4" 254.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

steveaustin69

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 09, 2018, 10:47:06 am
Lol. I'll take a couple sideline skirmishes if it gets me 5 national championships in 11 years under one guy.

I'll volunteer to be the sideline frustration punching bag for NC games if it means 5 in 11 years

oldman1015

Announcer said the QB's entire family moved for Hawaii to Bama. Wonder what kind of jobs try got?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

LRHawg

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 09, 2018, 11:11:52 am
Announcer said the QB's entire family moved for Hawaii to Bama. Wonder what kind of jobs try got?

The best boosters can find for them.

hogsanity

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2018, 11:17:38 am
The best boosters can find for them.

Ah, most posters here would not have taken the kid anyway, he is too religious for them. He mention God last night, and within 10 seconds someone here had dubbed him Hawaiian Tebow.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LRHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 11:19:53 am
Ah, most posters here would not have taken the kid anyway, he is too religious for them. He mention God last night, and within 10 seconds someone here had dubbed him Hawaiian Tebow.

One odd thing, when Tua(sp?) was interviewed right after the game, he said "My parent's aren't going to like this, but first of all, I have to give all credit to my lord and savior Jesus Christ." he then went on to speak well of his team. Anyways, I just found that odd. My wife asked what was up with his parents, I said maybe they're atheist?

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 11:09:04 am
If the Hogs ever signed a LB with that size strength and speed, I'd build him a special seat on the sidelines with a mini-fridge and a personal concierge. He is a soph, 6'4" 254.

Get to work old man

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/roster/jamario-bell/
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2018, 11:22:19 am
One odd thing, when Tua(sp?) was interviewed right after the game, he said "My parent's aren't going to like this, but first of all, I have to give all credit to my lord and savior Jesus Christ." he then went on to speak well of his team. Anyways, I just found that odd. My wife asked what was up with his parents, I said maybe they're atheist?

Really? That's what you come up with? How about not thanking Mom and Dad first

LRHawg

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on January 09, 2018, 11:30:49 am
Really? That's what you come up with? How about not thanking Mom and Dad first

Why would your parents care if you thanked God first? If they're religious, then they'd be proud you thanked God first, if they're not, then well, that ties back to my guess.

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2018, 11:33:52 am
Why would your parents care if you thanked God first? If they're religious, then they'd be proud you thanked God first, if they're not, then well, that ties back to my guess.

Maybe he was kidding

hogsanity

I thought he said " so my parents don't get mad....." but either way it was odd. I just chalked it up to a 18 yr old, who just got thrown into the NC game at half time and then hit a 40+ yard pass to win it being just a bit excited.

hawginbigd1

I took it as parents are going to be mad that I did not immediately or first Thank God for his blessings.

LZH

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 09, 2018, 12:06:31 pm
I took it as parents are going to be mad that I did not immediately or first Thank God for his blessings.

So did I.

Paul

amazingly composed during & after the game for a true freshman. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2018, 10:50:00 am
He has a burning desire to win, which rubs off on his players. The guy got upset and threw hands because he was fired up. Should he have sat on the bench? probably. Does anyone care? Not really. Winners win.
So based on your post you missed the part after getting a foolish 15 yard penalty to hurt his team, he then preceded to go after an assistant/GA shoving him on the sideline and had to be restrained by players?

Great athlete or not he wouldn't have went back on the field for that game anyway if I were the coach, and we would have some serious discussions back in Tuscaloosa about his future at Alabama.

RME

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 09, 2018, 12:11:52 pm
So based on your post you missed the part after getting a foolish 15 yard penalty to hurt his team, he then preceded to go after an assistant/GA shoving him on the sideline and had to be restrained by players?

Great athlete or not he wouldn't have went back on the field for that game anyway if I were the coach, and we would have some serious discussions back in Tuscaloosa about his future at Alabama.

Guy trying to tell a coach with 6 national championship rings how to run his team.

Love it.

Ball Hawg

I did as well because he had kind of already started the interview and then it was like he remembered what his parents have always taught him to put first and foremost.

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 09, 2018, 12:13:41 pm
Guy trying to tell a coach with 6 national championship rings how to run his team.

Love it.

Many of our fans would not have played the FR Qb either cause he is not from the south.

hawginbigd1

Love it.
Where did I say this is how Saban or another coach should handle it, I did not! Saban's a d-bag so.....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 09, 2018, 10:56:43 am
I thought it was him that made the tackle, but I wasn't paying close enough attention.

If a guy went after a coach would you guys play him again?  Would he be on the team the next day?

PS, I don't buy the "that's not who I am" excuse.  If that's what you do during a stressor, that's exactly who you are.

This. HOW one acts when stressed and things aren't going their way is more revealing than when things are hunky dory. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:15:17 pm
Many of our fans would not have played the FR Qb either cause he is not from the south.

Actually Hawaii is farther south than the south.............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 11:19:53 am

Do you honestly think any God cares who wins a football game or wants one player to play better than another. You realize there were probably just as many religious players on Georgia's team. When a team loses those teams players never say Glory to God.

311Hog

you know what is funny.

I watched the game on a different espn channel that had commentary from 6 coaches instead of broad casters.  Coach Gundy, Bobo, Sumlin etc.

And each one of them was truly surprised when Tua came out at half time, and when he went 3 and out they thought the starter Hurts was coming back and if not he had to be hurt

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 01:28:32 pm
Actually Hawaii is farther south than the south.............................

Strong victory.....

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 311Hog on January 09, 2018, 01:33:05 pm
you know what is funny.

I watched the game on a different espn channel that had commentary from 6 coaches instead of broad casters.  Coach Gundy, Bobo, Sumlin etc.

And each one of them was truly surprised when Tua came out at half time, and when he went 3 and out they thought the starter Hurts was coming back and if not he had to be hurt

I wonder why Saban was coaching in the game and they weren't...........................

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LRHawg on January 09, 2018, 10:50:00 am
He would have had to see the dentist this morning if he was on my team...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

311Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 01:35:25 pm
I wonder why Saban was coaching in the game and they weren't...........................

oh yeah definitely you could tell it was a call only a man with 5 NC rings could make.  The rest of them were just taken a back by it.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:15:17 pm

That's only for AD or HC I guess.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: 311Hog on January 09, 2018, 01:33:05 pm
you know what is funny.

I noticed right away that Bert and his destroyed seat cushion were not in the room..

Grizzlyfan

Love it.
I don't think you have to win a national championship, or be a coach for that matter, to have an opinion on whether a guy should be on your team after he goes after a coach on the sideline.  That didn't seem like anything you would have EVER seen from a Saban team.  And yet the kid is back on the field.

311Hog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 09, 2018, 01:46:58 pm
I noticed right away that Bert and his destroyed seat cushion were not in the room..

Haha yeah they had former interim Ole Miss coach but no bert.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 01:31:19 pm
Do you honestly think any God cares who wins a football game or wants one player to play better than another. You realize there were probably just as many religious players on Georgia's team. When a team loses those teams players never say Glory to God.

Actually some do, but the media doesn't immediately interview players and coaches from the losing team after a game.

I agree God probably doesn't care who wins, but some players are thankful to him on the losing team for having the opportunity and coming away healthy, we just don't hear it.

SooieGeneris

On the infamous winning TD pass in OT, UGA fans and many others were skewering #14, Malkom Parrish, who gave up the first and last TDs for 'Bama. Bama targeted his man most of the 2nd half after the QB switch.

Parrish made a terrible play by failing to reroute the WR within 5 yards of the LOS. Yes, the safety was partly to blame also for staying in the middle of the field as long as he did. The young QB looked down the middle until right before he threw to his left, great job by him, but there was no receiver where he was looking.

David Cutcliffe faulted both players, the CB for not rerouting the WR and the safety for a lack of awareness. All the coaches agreed that there is no way a receiver should be open deep like that against Cover 2.

The freshman WR was the only one lined up on the left with 3 WRs to the right and one back in the backfield. What I think hurt UGA was the lack of practicing against a left handed QB. They spent all their prep time working against Hurts, a righty. Right handed QBs prefer throwing to the right. A lefty is going to prefer to throw to their left.

IMO, that was a big factor in the QB switch, making it all the more effective. Still, after an entire half of football, UGA should have been able to adjust. Another thing Cutcliffe said was it looked like UGA had not played a lot of cover 2 and thus, if that was the case, should not have been in that defense on the play..

GoHogs1091

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 09, 2018, 03:16:46 pm
On the infamous winning TD pass in OT, UGA fans and many others were skewering #14, Malkom Parrish, who gave up the first and last TDs for 'Bama. Bama targeted his man most of the 2nd half after the QB switch.

Parrish made a terrible play by failing to reroute the WR within 5 yards of the LOS. Yes, the safety was partly to blame also for staying in the middle of the field as long as he did. The young QB looked down the middle until right before he threw to his left, great job by him, but there was no receiver where he was looking.

David Cutcliffe faulted both players, the CB for not rerouting the WR and the safety for a lack of awareness. All the coaches agreed that there is no way a receiver should be open deep like that against Cover 2.

The freshman WR was the only one lined up on the left with 3 WRs to the right and one back in the backfield. What I think hurt UGA was the lack of practicing against a left handed QB. They spent all their prep time working against Hurts, a righty. Right handed QBs prefer throwing to the right. A lefty is going to prefer to throw to their left.

IMO, that was a big factor in the QB switch, making it all the more effective. Still, after an entire half of football, UGA should have been able to adjust. Another thing Cutcliffe said was it looked like UGA had not played a lot of cover 2 and thus, if that was the case, should not have been in that defense on the play..

Well in fairness to Parrish, I might be mistaken, but I believe he got called for a ticky-tack Pass Interference on a 3rd Down play earlier in the 2nd Half that allowed an Alabama drive to continue (I believe Alabama ended up scoring some points on that drive).

Parrish may have been skittish to try to reroute an Alabama WR after he barely touched one of the Alabama WRs and got called for the PI. 

ChicoHog

To me it looked like Parrish gave up on the play thinking he was getting deep help or that the ball was not coming his way.  Poor play on his part but also a great throw by Bama QB. 

theFlyingHog

Love it.
Your lack of comprehension is appalling. He simply said what he would do if he were the coach, not what Saban should do. No wonder I try to stay off this board. JFC

PharmacistHog

I enjoyed watching both qb's. Seem like great kids. Very impressive freshmen.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Rocket23

Quote from: Ball Hawg on January 09, 2018, 12:15:07 pm
I did as well because he had kind of already started the interview and then it was like he remembered what his parents have always taught him to put first and foremost.
. It was this...  he did not start off the interview thanking Jesus  Christ as his Lord and Savior and giving Him all the glory.    So he had to do it so his parents could not be mad at him.  That is also why he wore the cross eye black.  He is a very strong Christian.

RME

Quote from: theFlyingHog on January 09, 2018, 09:13:20 pm
Your lack of comprehension is appalling. He simply said what he would do if he were the coach, not what Saban should do. No wonder I try to stay off this board. JFC

Comprehended it just fine, amigo. Point was, Saban's got 6 rings, a Hogville poster doesn't. He can say what he'd do differently, sure. And if you wanna do something different than what a coach who's won 6 championships does, go ahead. There's a reason he has 6 rings.

Stay off the board, then. Literally no one cares.

DeltaBoy

The Kid played and helped his team win.
Prayers for the other kid glad to hear he is OK.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogginbama

That's what I and many others thought as well.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: oldman1015 on January 09, 2018, 11:11:52 am
Yes, that seems to be routine for Bama recruits. Wonder what cars they are driving since the move? 🧐