Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jim Chaney and Samantha Pittman

Started by Captain Morgan, January 09, 2018, 01:21:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

Seems like this couple got conservative with a lead. The same things they did at Arkansas. Blowing big leads with their 3 and outs. 😂😂😂😂

SquidBilly

The pucker factor was definitely strong with the Georgia team last night.  After Fromm threw that pick it's like Chaney lost complete confidence in him.  Gotta give Bama credit though too.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Fear makes many teams lose. It's a disease...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 09, 2018, 04:06:52 am
Fear makes many teams lose. It's a disease...

Alabama's defense makes many teams lose.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Yep, our 4-8 record puts us in a perfect spot to make fun of a team in the championship game.

jbigs77

I thought the refs kept the game close. Some bad calls and some no calls. Should not have even went to ot. In the end AL depth won it. Personally, I could care less who won. Funny thought Auburn beat both of them. If I was Gussy, id have a sick feeling in my tummy.

HawgTrough

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 09, 2018, 09:20:55 am
I thought the refs kept the game close. Some bad calls and some no calls. Should not have even went to ot. In the end AL depth won it. Personally, I could care less who won. Funny thought Auburn beat both of them. If I was Gussy, id have a sick feeling in my tummy.
even funnier that Central Florida beat Auburn, who beat both of them
WPS

hoglady

Got to give the Bama freshman QB credit for coming in and playing an unbelievable half of football.
Changed the energy for the entire Bama team. The Bama D got some life and stepped it up in the second half.

I thought there was too much Chubb and not enough Mitchel in the second half / but the Bama D seemed to be stopping just about everything Georgia tried.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RME

Quote from: Karma on January 09, 2018, 08:20:02 am
Yep, our 4-8 record puts us in a perfect spot to make fun of a team in the championship game.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hoglady on January 09, 2018, 09:25:57 am
Got to give the Bama freshman QB credit for coming in and playing an unbelievable half of football.
Changed the energy for the entire Bama team.

An awesome move by the coaching staff and a move that ended up bringing the Tide another national championship. Just great to see some really good coaching and adjustments by BAMA.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Chaney and Pittman made it to the championship game. If we had the season they just had, I would be feeling like we actually won the championship by just being there. Just like Tenner, I would feel like a champion of life. Haha.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Atlhogfan1

Nope.  UGa answered Bama's first TD with an 80 yard TD pass.  They didn't get conservative.  Bama took away their strength. 

Bama's halftime adjustment was take away the run even if it meant extra help.  Fromm missed a couple of crucial throws.  The one where he hit the helmet leading to an int when Michel would have had the first down in Bama territory and the 3rd down throw to the flat late in the 4th. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Poker_hog

Exactly.  Pittman would have been 100x better than Brets bff. Whats ole Kurt Anderson doing these days anyway?  Uber driver? 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

jbigs77

Quote from: HawgTrough on January 09, 2018, 09:25:56 am
even funnier that Central Florida beat Auburn, who beat both of them
I think the first bad year he has, he will get fired. And by bad I mean 7 wins. If he would have come to Arkansas, he would have gotten 6 to 8 years of good money. And if he would have adv. 7 wins here a lot more years. IF he adv. 7 wins here for 15 years they would put a statue of him outside the stadium. I'm glad he didn't come.

Grizzlyfan

Their coaches are idiots and their 29-2 QB couldn't see the field at Arkansas.  We are an odd lot over here, aren't we?

Hoggish1

Yep.

As much as I hate what Pittmn did to us, I gotta think CBB was responsible for that couple leaving.  I guess he wasn't strong enough to impose his will.  They are now reunited but with the strong recruiting base UGA has there should be good times ahead for the pair...

There is something creepy about UGA's coaching staff.  Haven't quite figured it out yet...

Hog Fan...DOH!

Aw yes, the ole "they got beat cuz they choked let's insult the coach" thread. 

SouthSide Johnny

And let's forget the ot win last week being down 31-17 at half to OU.  People are fickle, nothing new there.
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

greenEGnHAWGS

Refs really seemed to try and keep Bama in the game. Between the offsides call when GA blocked the punt, and the blatant face mask that wasn't called on Fromm, and then the Bams player punching the back of Fromms helmet after he tackled him right in front of the ref that wasn't called. There was definitely some attempts at keeper my the game close.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Smokehouse

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 09, 2018, 09:38:45 am
Nope.  UGa answered Bama's first TD with an 80 yard TD pass.  They didn't get conservative.  Bama took away their strength. 

Bama's halftime adjustment was take away the run even if it meant extra help.  Fromm missed a couple of crucial throws.  The one where he hit the helmet leading to an int when Michel would have had the first down in Bama territory and the 3rd down throw to the flat late in the 4th. 

Michel was averaging something like 7.8 yards per carry and then didn't have a touch for the entire third quarter. On a crucial 4th quarter drive there were two rushes right up the middle on direct snaps to backs. It looked a lot like a Chaney called game to me; does some good things in the passing game but gets super conservative with a lead late and makes some really confusing decisions when he does try to establish the run.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hankweb

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 09, 2018, 09:56:43 am
Michel was averaging something like 7.8 yards per carry and then didn't have a touch for the entire third quarter. On a crucial 4th quarter drive there were two rushes right up the middle on direct snaps to backs. It looked a lot like a Chaney called game to me; does some good things in the passing game but gets super conservative with a lead late and makes some really confusing decisions when he does try to establish the run.

Exactly.
Why was Sony Michel not more involved down the stretch for Georgia? Starting the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, Georgia was clearly thinking about the clock and they started their drive with four consecutive running plays by Michel, accounting for 31 yards. Michel was replaced by Nick Chubb and it was mostly Swift and Chubb from there on.
Makes no sense.

porque

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 09, 2018, 09:51:17 am
Refs really seemed to try and keep Bama in the game. Between the offsides call when GA blocked the punt, and the blatant face mask that wasn't called on Fromm, and then the Bams player punching the back of Fromms helmet after he tackled him right in front of the ref that wasn't called. There was definitely some attempts at keeper my the game close.

Did the refs miss some calls? Yes.  They do it every game.  The only one I had an issue with was the face mask but I can understand the ref not seeing it.  Not only did the refs miss the offsides call on the blocked punt, they missed an illegal procedure penalty on the same play when the up back moved early.  If you want it called correctly, the illegal procedure call would have made it a dead ball foul, therefore the block would have never have happened.  They kick again.  As for the slap on the helmet, that would have been a ticky tack call.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 09, 2018, 04:02:29 am
The pucker factor was definitely strong with the Georgia team last night.  After Fromm threw that pick it's like Chaney lost complete confidence in him.  Gotta give Bama credit though too.

If Fromm doesnt miss horribly on a swing pass on 3rd down UGA wins.  Chaney can't throw the ball.  Both of those coaches have proven they are quality. Special kind of dense from OP to suggest they are not.

carolinahogger

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 10:25:18 am
If Fromm doesnt miss horribly on a swing pass on 3rd down UGA wins.  Chaney can't throw the ball.  Both of those coaches have proven they are quality. Special kind of dense from OP to suggest they are not.

That's right.  And a bit earlier, if the Alabama QB isn't allowed to roll off of a couple of tacklers deep in the backfield on a 3rd down then that may have been the difference too.  The game was very close, hinging upon a few big plays which tended to fall Alabama's way in the second half.

I'm never going to chant 'SEC, SEC" and I would rather neither of those teams win it all, but that was a fun game to watch.

010HogFan

Dumb thread. They got out while they could and I don't blame them any more. As a matter of fact, I don't blame any of our assistants like I used to because I think most of our problems go back to a common source, who is now gone.

Iwastherein1969

and we have a 'knock out' punch just above my post
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

TeufelHog

. . . didn't have a plan for Tua.  Didn't even see him coming.  Epic decision by Saban.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 08:02:19 am
Alabama's defense makes many teams lose.......................

Not last night.. That was a Hawaiian Punch..!
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 09, 2018, 01:11:45 pm
Not last night.. That was a Hawaiian Punch..!

You don't think some stops and plays by Bama's defense didn't matter. Unbelievable. Yes the QB played great but Bama's D did much better in the second half and OT than in the first half. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 09, 2018, 01:14:37 pm
You don't think some stops and plays by Bama's defense didn't matter. Unbelievable. Yes the QB played great but Bama's D did much better in the second half and OT than in the first half. 
Certainly they did their part, but they were not the difference in the game. Just because I give credit where it's due doesn't mean I'm saying their defense sucks. I'm just saying they were demoralized after UGA was scoring and their offense wasn't. The QB change took all of the pressure off of them and lifted everyone's play. It all comes down to Uncle Mo, and Saban decided he wasn't going down without trying something different. One other point; UGA should have been more run oriented in the second half.

PorkSoda

we beat LSU then they turned around and won the NC. 

NC's with a loss are not particularly uncommon
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogBreath

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 10:25:18 am
As I understand, they are quite a pair, those two.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hoglady

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 09, 2018, 01:08:12 pm
. . . didn’t have a plan for Tua.  Didn’t even see him coming.  Epic decision by Saban.

Yep.
I said when Tua came in - the Georgia defense is not prepared for this type of offense and QB play from Bama. Saban blindsided the Georgia coaches with that decision.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Poker_hog on January 09, 2018, 09:39:31 am
Exactly.  Pittman would have been 100x better than Brets bff. Whats ole Kurt Anderson doing these days anyway?  Uber driver?

Stocker at Whole Foods, Trump's food taster, Tom Brady's personal assistant, all possibilities..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 09, 2018, 01:08:12 pm
. . . didn't have a plan for Tua.  Didn't even see him coming.  Epic decision by Saban.

It's hard enough to prep for a game of this magnitude, no time to prep for the back up QB unless a team uses a 2 QB system. The kid only played mop up at the end of blowouts (like when they beat us).

Saban has never been one with a quick hook for QBs. 'Bama fans complained about Blake Sims constantly. Coker reminded me of Jethro Bodine or Lil' Abner. He was clumsy as a runner, but made up for it by being a scud missile passer. Blake Sims looked like Joe Montana throwing the ball compared to Hurts. Yet, Saban never pulled them that I can recall.

Harder still for UGA, was the righty-lefty dynamic. Like a baseball team that loads the lineup with left handed batters against a RH pitcher and the guy exits early, it's hard to hit the reset sometimes.

On offense, the blindside is now protected by the RT with a lefty. One prefers to throw to the right, the other to the left. After all that practice against a righty, everything is switched like Bizarro Jerry on Seinfeld.

That might be part of why #14 for UGA was having so many problems in coverage. On that last play, there were 4 WRs, 3 on the right, one on the left with one back. I had a feeling the throw would be left vs Cover 2 with such a crowd on the right and a lefty QB.

Parrish, #14, didn't jam the WR within 5 yards like he was supposed to. Even though the safety on that side was late due to staring in the backfield too long, if Parrish had rerouted the WR like he should have, the timing would have been thrown off and the safety would have gotten there probably.

Cutcliffe on Film Room on ESPN blamed both the corner for not rerouting, and the S for being slow to respond. He said UGA must not play much Cover 2 because you have to jam the WR at the line in Cover 2 or within 5 yards at least, so they should have been in a different defense.

Still, if Fromm had hit that wide open throw on 3rd down in regulation, it wouldn't have mattered.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

hoglady

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 09, 2018, 09:42:59 pm
It's hard enough to prep for a game of this magnitude, no time to prep for the back up QB unless a team uses a 2 QB system. The kid only played mop up at the end of blowouts (like when they beat us).

Saban has never been one with a quick hook for QBs. 'Bama fans complained about Blake Sims constantly. Coker reminded me of Jethro Bodine or Lil' Abner. He was clumsy as a runner, but made up for it by being a scud missile passer. Blake Sims looked like Joe Montana throwing the ball compared to Hurts. Yet, Saban never pulled them that I can recall.

Harder still for UGA, was the righty-lefty dynamic. Like a baseball team that loads the lineup with left handed batters against a RH pitcher and the guy exits early, it's hard to hit the reset sometimes.

On offense, the blindside is now protected by the RT with a lefty. One prefers to throw to the right, the other to the left. After all that practice against a righty, everything is switched like Bizarro Jerry on Seinfeld.

That might be part of why #14 for UGA was having so many problems in coverage. On that last play, there were 4 WRs, 3 on the right, one on the left with one back. I had a feeling the throw would be left vs Cover 2 with such a crowd on the right and a lefty QB.

Parrish, #14, didn't jam the WR within 5 yards like he was supposed to. Even though the safety on that side was late due to staring in the backfield too long, if Parrish had rerouted the WR like he should have, the timing would have been thrown off and the safety would have gotten there probably.

Cutcliffe on Film Room on ESPN blamed both the corner for not rerouting, and the S for being slow to respond. He said UGA must not play much Cover 2 because you have to jam the WR at the line in Cover 2 or within 5 yards at least, so they should have been in a different defense.

Still, if Fromm had hit that wide open throw on 3rd down in regulation, it wouldn't have mattered.

Really nice post.
I hadn't really given much thought to the lefty/ righty dynamic - I just knew Georgia looked ill prepared for Tua.

HoggyCat

I said "game over" when they ran the 'wild dog' to start a drive in the 4th qtr. One of the dumbest play calls ever.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoggyCat on January 10, 2018, 06:53:53 am
I said "game over" when they ran the 'wild dog' to start a drive in the 4th qtr. One of the dumbest play calls ever.

They scored a TD on a play like that. I guess it's dumb to score a TD.

HoggyCat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 10, 2018, 06:57:56 am
They scored a TD on a play like that. I guess it's dumb to score a TD.

They were inside their own 30. Bama's d had tightened down. They basically said "we're running it".

Yeah, it was dumb.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HognitiveDissonance

Pittman and Chaney had the last laugh. They played in the natl title game, and Bielema is unemployed.

Bielema fired Chaney. I thought he was good but Enos was a slight upgrade over him, so not a bad move by Bielema.
Pittman was Chaney's buddy, so he left because of how Chaney was let go.
They both end up at Georgia.

Saban proves once again he's the best. He recruits the best, he coaches the best, he strategizes the best.
He is terrific at making in-game adjustments. This year changing QBs at halftime to a guy that had hardly played was a masterful move. It worked out. Hurts can't throw that well.
In the game two years ago vs Clemson remember Saban called the onside kick at just the right time and caught Clemson completely offguard, easy recovery, and Bama scored again and seized control of the game.
And remember in our 24-20 loss to Bama in 2010, one of our best chances to beat them recently. Petrino and Ark was picking Bama's D apart in the first half, Mallett was on fire. Saban came out after halftime and it was clear to me sitting in the stands that day from the first second-half play that they had totally changed defensive strategy. Instead of playing their base defense, Saban decided they were getting beat that way and started taking risks and bringing extra pressure on Ryan Mallett. It worked; they picked Mallett twice in the second half by forcing some hurried throws, and came back from a 20-7 deficit to win 24-20.
Saban simply does whatever the situation calls for at the moment.

FANONTHEHILL

Lost the championship in OT.  Still has this.  Nothing but happy for Coach Pittman.  Great coach and great guy.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015