Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's going to take a lot

Started by Snout team, January 08, 2018, 10:30:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

what was mentioned last night, the qb is from Hawaii, his parents relocate to bama, when he goes to school.

we need to have more jobs available for parents of great players.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 08, 2018, 10:30:07 pm
To get any where close to the type team we are watching play tonight.

Fulltiltboogie
Hammerdown
Jimmiesandjoes
XsandOs

These are definitely the best two teams in the nation right now.

Coach Morris has his work cut out
Hopefully everyone realizes this. No one should expect miracles, especially ones delivered overnight. However, with solid recruiting and player development, smart and effective coaching and perhaps a little good karma thrown in for good measure, we can begin putting the pieces in to build a solid, SEC-level (and tough) program that even the "big boys" have legitimate concerns about facing.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hog10S on January 09, 2018, 10:15:26 am
Why you will never get it.  It's not like I want to win the lottery or win $1,000,000.  It is more than want.  Drive and desire are more than want.  You can want a lot which sitting on your couch, won't make it happen. You have to be in the fight.  You have to be confident and not nervous. You have to have a plan.  You need a clear hear, and you have to dig deeper to go harder, longer, than the other guy.  You've seem how our defense has seemed to quit once they get down in a game.  That is NOT showing the desire and drive needed. It's about weathering the adversity that will pop up and staying confident, waiting for the other person to make a mistake.  Make no mistake, if a lesser player hangs around long enough and shows confidence and is not quitting or backing down, they better play will sometimes blink.

If the better player never blinks and digs deep and doesn't lose confidence, they will win more times than not and probably 8-10, but, that is why you ALWAYS have a shot.  Every week.  Otherwise, lets just recruit and then not play the games.  Let's just pull the recruiting/player ratings and see who has the higher rated players each week and award them the game and save the cost of injuries and travel, etc. 

I'm just tired of everyone acting like a team of 22 starting players is just so much better than the other team that they shouldn't bother player, the lesser team can never win.  That is what the defense is thinking that quits when down in a big game and not confident they can win.  I would rather sit those players. I have played on national ranked teams and I know that the difference between the best player and one that isn't considered a "great" is not very much in reality. It has more to do with what is happening in your head than you would think and once you realize it and capitalize upon it, you wish you had learned it or realized it so much sooner.

We will have a hard time, because we have to drive in confidence that has been lost the last couple of years, especially on defense.  However, it is one week at a time and one game at a time, and any team can win any game at our level.  How about we quit telling the players they have no chance and actually be a positive voice for them and give them the chance to feel good about themselves and to show us whether they have the goods to win a big game or not, versus telling them they just can't, as they aren't talented enough?

And I have an ocean front property outside of Cabot.

hogsanity

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 10:54:17 am

Do you really think every D1 athlete is equal? Brooks Ellis was a D1 athlete and no doubt worked his ass off and had a desire to be the best. He was also the worst SEC linebacker I have ever seen play the game.  Your complete dismissal of how much athleticism plays a part in winning or not is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on hogville

The " effort, work, desire, want to mantra " is new salve for many Hog fans to put on the wounds now. They have realized that the program is never going to get nearly enough athletes like the big boys get to be able to CONSISTENTLY hang with them, so now it is " we just have to players that want it more, desire it more, willing to put in more work, etc ".
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Been10Hog on January 09, 2018, 10:52:47 am
This is CRAP!! We can have better players, but it's the Arkansas women's fault. they need to breed better Arkansas boys. the high school coaches need to do a better job of polishing the diamonds in the rough and letting CCM know about them early. That's all!! 8)
Well the most athletic women I know are lesbians. So you may be on to something.

steveaustin69

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on January 09, 2018, 11:06:04 am

Hawaii is the new frontier off recruiting. Heard it here first.

Gotta find the next Mariota or Tagovilonia

Something in the water down there for sure

RME

Polynesia (Hawaii, Samoa, et al.) could be an untapped source.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/05/21/how-can-tiny-samoa-dominate-the-nfl/#7805f0f7bfbb

hogsanity

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 09, 2018, 11:10:19 am
Polynesia (Hawaii, Samoa, et al )could be an untapped source.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2015/05/21/how-can-tiny-samoa-dominate-the-nfl/#7805f0f7bfbb

People have been getting really good linemen and lbs from those areas for a while.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

AirWarren

This is not new news.

Every heard of Troy Aumua Polamalu? Football players with Samoan decent are great football players. Just take a look at the PAC 10 rosters and some of the best PAC 10 teams fielded in the past 10-15 years.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Tusker4life on January 08, 2018, 10:51:54 pm
Our players don't look as big, lean and strong as Alabama, they are just tough.
And very, very, slow. Painfully slow. On both sides of the ball.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hog10S

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 10:57:25 am

And I have an ocean front property outside of Cabot.

I actually have played on a Razorback team when we were ranked in the Top 8 in the NCAA. I have played in pro events as well. Something you clearly have never and will never do.  You probably actually think that puddle of water you see in Cabot is an ocean. 

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 09, 2018, 11:13:31 am
And very, very, slow. Painfully slow. On both sides of the ball.

But dont worry, we gots us one on them thar spread ohfence coaches, that gonna fix everthing.

AirWarren

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on January 09, 2018, 11:15:35 am
Never heard of him.

And Hawaii wasn't a state until 2011 so cant be true. Truly untapped potential there

Given your avatar.....I will let this one slide.

Kudos, lol.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog10S on January 09, 2018, 11:15:48 am
I actually have played on a Razorback team when we were ranked in the Top 8 in the NCAA. I have played in pro events as well. Something you clearly have never and will never do.  You probably actually think that puddle of water you see in Cabot is an ocean. 

Good, then you know darn well that all d1 players are not equal to the point that simply wanting it more digging down deep desire is going to make up for the vast difference in physical abilities.

RME

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2018, 11:13:19 am
This is not new news.

Every heard of Troy Aumua Polamalu? Football players with Samoan decent are great football players. Just take a look at the PAC 10 rosters and some of the best PAC 10 teams fielded in the past 10-15 years.

Are these descendants decent or great?

AirWarren

Mjs84

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 08:54:09 am
doubt that is an issue if he truly believes that about UCF.

He doesn't have an employer

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 10:24:54 am
So every program that has athletes that are bigger and stronger than Hog athletes is using steroids?

No

But don't think some programs aren't better at it.

Bama players have a bad habit of getting smaller and slower in the NFL
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RME

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 11:25:09 am
No

But don't think some programs aren't better at it.

Bama players have a bad habit of getting smaller and slower in the NFL

Like who?

steveaustin69

Quote from: Hog10S on January 09, 2018, 11:15:48 am

Correct; I only played in the NBA.  Weird thing was I was always a very disciplined and confident player, but it simply didn't matter when I came up against superior athletes.  Why I only lasted on a few 10 day contracts. 

LRHawg

Quote from: Kevin on January 09, 2018, 10:55:20 am
what was mentioned last night, the qb is from Hawaii, his parents relocate to bama, when he goes to school.

we need to have more jobs available for parents of great players.

Well we tried that with the Monks. Then a disgruntled former player decided to steer his brother to the most corrupt program in College Basketball in the hopes of jumpstarting his agent career.

steveaustin69

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 09, 2018, 11:26:39 am
Like who?

Julio Jones only scored one touchdown this year.  Guy clearly got slower and shorter from his Bama days. Not a red zone threat

carolinahogger

Quote from: Hog10S on January 09, 2018, 09:22:01 am
It's not like we have to play these teams in a best of 5 or 7 match.  Just 1 game.

The problem with your theory is that we have to play "Just 1 game" with 7 or 8 good teams just to get to that final game.  It takes a lot more than 1 time playing to your full potential.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 10:54:17 am

Do you really think every D1 athlete is equal? Brooks Ellis was a D1 athlete and no doubt worked his ass off and had a desire to be the best. He was also the worst SEC linebacker I have ever seen play the game. Your complete dismissal of how much athleticism plays a part in winning or not is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on hogville

This is truly the quite possibly dumbest thing I have ever read on Hogville...................Then you haven't seen a lot of SEC linebackers..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

steveaustin69

Hog10S

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 11:26:48 am
Correct; I only played in the NBA.  Weird thing was I was always a very disciplined and confident player, but it simply didn't matter when I came up against superior athletes.  Why I only lasted on a few 10 day contracts. 
And now we, and your former coaches, know why you never lasted longer than a 10-day contract.  If you don't think you can win you should never step out on the court.   

LZH

Quote from: Hog10S on January 09, 2018, 11:39:06 am
And now we, and your former coaches, know why you never lasted longer than a 10-day contract.  If you don't think you can win you should never step out on the court.   

Please

Mellon Collie

remember when we were gonna "out 'bama, 'bama"

one of the most absurd concepts ever brought forth by a fanbase.

Hog10S

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 09, 2018, 11:36:07 am
Factual statement
I wonder what he was rated coming out of high school and what you thought about him prior to UCF having a great season this year.  A tier II team, who, no doubt, before the recent band wagon, most would have thought had no chance against a power team like Auburn with all their 4 & 5 star superior athletes. 

I am just done with this thread now.  You guys will never, ever get the point and love to play the all "no chance for the Hogs" card.  Enjoy staying miserable with all the negativity.  I plan to support the hogs and give them a chance to show what they can do versus moan about every other team being superior.  There are only so many Michael Jordan's and Tiger Woods in the world, much less coming into college each year and you have 85 players on a team.  Not all suck.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hog10S on January 09, 2018, 11:44:41 am
I wonder what he was rated coming out of high school and what you thought about him prior to UCF having a great season this year.  A tier II team, who, no doubt, before the recent band wagon, most would have thought had no chance against a power team like Auburn with all their 4 & 5 star superior athletes. 

I am just done with this thread now.  You guys will never, ever get the point and love to play the all "no chance for the Hogs" card.  Enjoy staying miserable with all the negativity.  I plan to support the hogs and give them a chance to show what they can do versus moan about every other team being superior.  There are only so many Michael Jordan's and Tiger Woods in the world, much less coming into college each year and you have 85 players on a team.  Not all suck.

No one is saying the Hogs players suck, and a few go on to play in the nfl, problem is, there are not nearly enough of them.  You can want to all you can and sometimes the other guy is still better.

steveaustin69

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on January 09, 2018, 11:47:39 am
Here's a thought, lets gather up all the Hogville homers that have either never gone to college or still have athletic eligibility left. Get them to the hill as walk-ons(they are so dedicated they would pay just to be able to play). They can take comp 1(which will greatly impact the grammar that is seen on this forum) and a few other lower level classes to be able to qualify as eligible.

They may not be the greatest athletes in the world but they have more heart and will try harder because they love the hogs more than anyone in the world. We will go undefeated and bring the glory days back to the Hill!!!!

WPS

Fantastic idea. You should email CCM

RME

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 11:47:23 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/23769345

Well, yeah. A bigger selection pool means bigger chance some won't pan out.

From the very article you just posted:

"Any time you have a team that has a lot of success in college, and they're producing a lot of players for the NFL, there will be ebbs and flows of how good those players are. It wasn't that long ago, that was the talk with USC — overhyped, never lived up to expectations. You can't get caught up in that," NFL Network analyst and former league scout Daniel Jeremiah told USA TODAY Sports.

"To me, they just have such a volume of players that have come in, that you can pull out more guys from their group that haven't lived up to expectations just because of their sheer numbers."

Alabama has some great players and some whiffs in the NFL right now. Same as any other major college. Alabama just happens to put more players in the NFL than most teams, so sure there are gonna be some misses.

RME

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on January 09, 2018, 11:54:42 am
Little known secret I am about to share:

Below is the list of questions Bill Belichick asks while interviewing players at the combine. Secret to the Patriots success.

1)How hard do you try on a scale of 1-10?

C+

Paul

Quote from: Tusker4life on January 08, 2018, 10:51:54 pm
Our players don't look as big, lean and strong as Alabama, they are just tough.
or Georgia's

IronHog

Paul

arkansas proud77

I live and breath arkansas football. I am optimistic. 1 mcfadden type recruit and arkansas is back.  This coaching staff will recruit well.  I know there are some who have pom poms and mini skirts and stand outside bobby petrinos house.  The coach since 1983 who never stayed anywhere longer than 3 years.  This is a great staff.  I see great things in the works.

hogsanity

Quote from: arkansas proud77 on January 09, 2018, 12:13:39 pm
I live and breath arkansas football. I am optimistic. 1 mcfadden type recruit and arkansas is back.  This coaching staff will recruit well.  I know there are some who have pom poms and mini skirts and stand outside bobby petrinos house.  The coach since 1983 who never stayed anywhere longer than 3 years.  This is a great staff.  I see great things in the works.

So we are just waiting o another generational player to be produced in AR, just one, that is all it will take. Good to know.

IronHog

Quote from: Paul on January 09, 2018, 12:08:09 pm
yes & so do genes

That's the same ole 3&4 stars Arkansas has every year playing Georgias 3-4-5's

Just in much better shape and coached well

HoggyCat

Quote from: Al Boarland on January 09, 2018, 06:02:42 am
"Look at what Clemson did!"

Speaking of......

Saban leaves.

Bama hires Dabo.

Morris to Clemson.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:16:43 pm
So we are just waiting o another generational player to be produced in AR, just one, that is all it will take. Good to know.

The kid from Warren is pretty good

In your head he's 5-3 125 like you but he's gonna be a difference maker whoever he goes

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 12:18:56 pm

That's the same ole 3&4 stars Arkansas has every year playing Georgias 3-4-5's

Just in much better shape and coached well

Yea, RM, Adams, Childs, Wright, Davis, Bequette, yea Hogs have players all over the field just like them all the time.

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on January 09, 2018, 12:20:36 pm

The kid from Warren is pretty good

In your head he's 5-3 125 like you but he's gonna be a difference maker whoever he goes

HE may be great, only time will tell. But the thought that just one guy is going to make all the difference is on the same level of delusional as is hiring a spread coach is going to fix everything.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 09, 2018, 12:20:53 pm
Yea, RM, Adams, Childs, Wright, Davis, Bequette, yea Hogs have players all over the field just like them all the time.

Got same or better players now

Except for RM.  He was goofy but 5* arm

Kneph13

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2018, 07:47:38 am
Lol.

Bama Ana Georgia have been doing this for years. Competing in the SEC.

We are, at out best ,mid level sec. No one sees us as a contender.

Fixed that for ya, but right now we are bottom of the barrel SEC.
There is no Political Correctness in war

IronHog

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on January 09, 2018, 12:27:14 pm
The best 5 star in state prospect ever, Darius Winston, made our defense top 10 single handedly, sir

He had 5* measurables only

Burks woulda started for Bama or Ga last night.  As a HS jr.

hawgon

The good news is that most years you don't need a team with that many athletes.  Saban has really skewed the way we look at things.  What he does over and over every year is just amazing.  Several coaches like Miles and Richt could put together the talent.  But they weren't as good at coaching.  Lots of guys are great coaches, but they can't get that much talent.  Some, like Spurrier can put both talent and coaching together for a nice run of a few years.  But Saban?  He has been doing this for pretty much a decade.  It is truly unprecedented.

All that said, OU nearly beat Georgia.  And I have no doubt that we can be absolutely as good as OU on offense.  And like most teams and unlike those two last night, OU has mere mortals in defense.  They weren't quite good enough, but it easily could have been Bama and OU playing last night.  That is the formula.  Our biggest hurdle right now is being in the same division as Saban.  But when he retires in a few, they won't be able to keep at him he same level and things will open up a little.

LZH

Quote from: arkansas proud77 on January 09, 2018, 12:13:39 pm

Ironically CM was at SMU for three years.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawgon on January 09, 2018, 12:31:11 pm
The good news is that most years you don't need a team with that many athletes.  Saban has really skewed the way we look at things.  What he does over and over every year is just amazing.  Several coaches like Miles and Richt could put together the talent.  But they weren't as good at coaching.  Lots of guys are great coaches, but they can't get that much talent.  Some, like Spurrier can put both talent and coaching together for a nice run of a few years.  But Saban?  He has been doing this for pretty much a decade.  It is truly unprecedented.

All that said, OU nearly beat Georgia.  And I have no doubt that we can be absolutely as good as OU on offense.  And like most teams and unlike those two last night, OU has mere mortals in defense.  They weren't quite good enough, but it easily could have been Bama and OU playing last night.  That is the formula.  Our biggest hurdle right now is being in the same division as Saban.  But when he retires in a few, they won't be able to keep at him he same level and things will open up a little.

10 times in 13 seasons the NC game has featured 2 teams in the top 10 in DEFENSIVE EFFICIENCY. Defense, even though most do not want to hear it or care about it, still matters ALOT when it comes to being more than a 7 or 8 win team.