Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good game Hogs.just got beat by a better team today

Started by forrest city joe, November 24, 2017, 04:44:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Proud of the effort today.this was a 6 point game with 3.32 remaining. so Hogs pit up a good fight even after Macon got hurt.that's the big thing coming out of this game.can not afford anyone getting hurt at the G spot.better hope Macon is not out a long time. otherwise pretty much what i expected.we hung around most of the game,but UNC would win.this was a good game for our guys to play.Gafford looked good afain.GO HOGS.

Dr. Starcs

Call me unrealistic, but it's not a good game when you get beat by 19.

010HogFan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 24, 2017, 04:46:05 pm

Did you even watch the game? It was a 6-12 pt game for most of the game. It was competitive.

BannerMountainMan

we were down 6 with 3 minutes until the refs made 4 straight questionable calls man, what an idiot 😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Pinto

I wouldn't classify it as a good game either. Offense was a pain to watch, Dan can't stay on the floor, and someone who looks like he is from Cabot, Arkansas had a career day on us.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 04:47:57 pm
we were down 6 with 3 minutes until the refs made 4 straight questionable calls man, what an idiot 😂

Nc more than covered that 4 point margin. You think cma is fine with this loss?  We had 26 points at halftime.

userpick

I'm excited about this season, but it never felt like we had a chance in the second half.

Mr. Porkleone

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Team looked unprepared. Typical Anderson team

FCJ..We were never in game. We didn't hang around.  UNC blew us out period.

forrest city joe

That 19 point lose was closer than that.UNC was the better team and deserve to win.but we put up a good fight most of this game even when we lost Macon. we played with them most of this game.we have a hell of a team this year folks.

010HogFan

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 24, 2017, 04:56:08 pm

Hahahahaha

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Pinto on November 24, 2017, 04:50:33 pm
I wouldn't classify it as a good game either. Offense was a pain to watch, Dan can't stay on the floor, and someone who looks like he is from Cabot, Arkansas had a career day on us.
Lmao I can't lie I was pissed about the game Maye had but he is very skilled.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on November 24, 2017, 04:56:08 pm

Wrong wrong and wrong again.UNC proved they were just better.but we were with in 6 points with 3.32 left in that game.so yes were were in it late.

Pinto

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on November 24, 2017, 04:59:00 pm
Lmao I can't lie I was pissed about the game Maye had but he is very skilled.

Some of those shots he made were BS though. But yes, he can play and is a very hard worker. I can't wait for the day when we get us someone like that

forrest city joe

Some times you have to admit the other team is just better right now.and UNC was just better. no shame in that.UNC is always one of the best programs in the country. i like the way our team hung in there today.GO HOGS.

010HogFan

Quote from: Pinto on November 24, 2017, 05:03:22 pm
Some of those shots he made were BS though. But yes, he can play and is a very hard worker. I can't wait for the day when we get us someone like that

Blue collar guy right there. Kind of reminded me of a little better version of Coty Clarke if I had to compare him to a former Hog

AflacHawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 05:13:56 pm
Some times you have to admit the other team is just better right now.and UNC was just better. no shame in that.UNC is always one of the best programs in the country. i like the way our team hung in there today.GO HOGS.

AND sometimes you just have to admit that Mike Anderson CAN NOT COACH. He may be able to recruit good players, he may relate to the players he has on his team but against "real coaches" he will get his ass beat 8 times out of 10.

elksnort

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 04:44:52 pm
Proud of the effort today.this was a 6 point game with 3.32 remaining. so Hogs pit up a good fight even after Macon got hurt.that's the big thing coming out of this game.can not afford anyone getting hurt at the G spot.better hope Macon is not out a long time. otherwise pretty much what i expected.we hung around most of the game,but UNC would win.this was a good game for our guys to play.Gafford looked good afain.GO HOGS.

Yep. Its a long season and they are still off to a really good start.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rude1

We still have a good team, but once again we see how far off we are from being an elite team, not even in the same zip code. Back to the drawing board..................

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 05:02:18 pm
Wrong wrong and wrong again.UNC proved they were just better.but we were with in 6 points with 3.32 left in that game.so yes were were in it late.

Will we ever be better than top 20 teams?

Moral victory. Not sure even qualifies for that.

devildog

UNC played really good man defense and we did not have the plays to beat it. I kept waiting for double screens, back door cuts, and drive and dish plays. There was motion but the offense was not aggressive. Something to work on, I bet UConn plays man against us too.

JONAS

It is one freaking game.  We lost to the 9th ranked team in the nation.  I hate losing, but I never expected to go undefeated.  No team has went undefeated since 1976.   

razorback1829

Just looked tired after the first 10 minutes. We count on Gafford for energy and he was in the bench. We'll be ok. Got another great opportunity Sunday.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hobhog on November 24, 2017, 06:03:24 pm
Will we ever be better than top 20 teams?

Moral victory. Not sure even qualifies for that.
because we lose to the number 9 team means we will never be top 20 this year?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Monsterhog

It's one game people..   NC out played us period.   Lot's of basketball left.  I am proud and very enthusiastic about the rest of the season for our basketball team.   We are going to win well over 20 games this year and I am going to have a great time watching this team play..

forrest city joe

Quote from: AflacHawg on November 24, 2017, 05:20:59 pm
AND sometimes you just have to admit that Mike Anderson CAN NOT COACH. He may be able to recruit good players, he may relate to the players he has on his team but against "real coaches" he will get his ass beat 8 times out of 10.
You haters will never give up.but you may as well. if he wants to be.Mike Anderson is going to be coaching here a long time.so get use to it.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 04:47:57 pm

Yeah they got nervous and bailed out their AA point guard..Should have been our ball and a chance to get it to 3-4 points.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 05:55:28 pm
We still have a good team, but once again we see how far off we are from being an elite team, not even in the same zip code. Back to the drawing board..................

Why are you on here? Honestly you need to find something else to follow you aren't capable of anything remotely intelligent.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 05:55:28 pm
Over reaction. but why am i not shocked.we were in this game with 3.32 in the game.without Macon.But But Mike can't coach.Mike's coaching had nothing to do with this loss.UNC put better talent on the Floor,and was just better.I got news for you folks.Hogs are going to lose some more games this season. but they are going to have another outstanding season.GO HOGS.

hobhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 24, 2017, 06:30:54 pm
because we lose to the number 9 team means we will never be top 20 this year?

No idea. Haven't been relevant for so long I certainly can't expect it. We shall see.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 06:32:52 pm
You haters will never give up.but you may as well. if he wants to be.Mike Anderson is going to be coaching here a long time.so get use to it.
Damn right he is. He will be getting an extension and a raise shortly. Proud to have a man like Mike running the Razorback program.

Macon had no legs today. Won't be playing games on back to back days from here on out. But he never had any juice and it hurt his shot. And Gafford not be allowed to play or touch anyone really hurt today.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 24, 2017, 06:30:30 pm
Just looked tired after the first 10 minutes. We count on Gafford for energy and he was in the bench. We'll be ok. Got another great opportunity Sunday.

Very good post. You sir saw the same thing I did. Dead legs today and no Gafford. That's the difference and NC has a bench full of players. I do think we have some real talent in Jones and Hall that need to develop.

hobhog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 24, 2017, 06:39:47 pm
Damn right he is. He will be getting an extension and a raise shortly. Proud to have a man like Mike running the Razorback program.

Macon had no legs today. Won't be playing games on back to back days from here on out. But he never had any juice and it hurt his shot. And Gafford not be allowed to play or touch anyone really hurt today.

There will be a new AD in town. Just sayin. MAs record here is not stellar. Not sure why raise and extension warranted. Has to make a run in NCAA this year to be considered IMO.

johnfanman

I was at the game. We got smothered by the defense in the first half and by the time CJ caught on the second half the referees intervened and stopped any momentum that we had. When we got within six, the UNC fans were getting a bit nervous. However, the refs managed to stop that UNC was in puppy dogs and unicorn land again. Beard looked lost every time he had the ball and Gaffford, played awesome when he was in the game. However, that wasn't much time.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

Letsroll1200

I have not seen Macon commit to defending this season. He's very good on the offensive end of the floor but this team has to get oit in transition against solid defensive teams.

It's one game and they are going to be alright. Bailey was a step slow and did not play with energy. If Im coach Anderson I'm please if they can grow from this. CJ Jones keep shooting that ball.

rude1

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 24, 2017, 06:37:42 pm
Why are you on here? Honestly you need to find something else to follow you aren't capable of anything remotely intelligent.
Kills me when someone makes a post like this but has NO observation on the team, but only has something to say about a poster who does have an observation.

rude1

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 06:37:56 pm
Over reaction. but why am i not shocked.we were in this game with 3.32 in the game.without Macon.But But Mike can't coach.Mike's coaching had nothing to do with this loss.UNC put better talent on the Floor,and was just better.I got news for you folks.Hogs are going to lose some more games this season. but they are going to have another outstanding season.GO HOGS.
I guess you missed that part where I said we have a good team. It is a good team, but it is far from being an elite team, nothing I said was incorrect.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on November 24, 2017, 06:56:57 pm
I guess you missed that part where I said we have a good team. It is a good team, but it is far from being an elite team, nothing I said was incorrect.

Is Arizona elite? They lost two in a row against unranked teams. We all know we're not elite.

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 24, 2017, 07:00:37 pm
Is Arizona elite? They lost two in a row against unranked teams. We all know we're not elite.
Obviously some of us don't.

Corkscrew Johnson

Gafford will be a completely different player in 3 months.  And this will be a completely different game.  Not having him play the 1st half basically set the margin for the game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

We looked gassed. We will need guys like jones and hall to step up.

hulk hog

So Mike is in year 7...not year 1, not year 3, not year 5.  Are ever we going to take the next step to show we can be a top 25 team? This is a 6 senior team.  Yes we were in the game but did you ever feel we could win?  26 at the half is very familiar. We were outscored 13-0 in the last 3:14.  In 7 seasons seriously in non-conference where is Mike's signature win? Michigan in year 2?
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

hawgball40

Quote from: hulk hog on November 24, 2017, 08:16:05 pm
So Mike is in year 7...not year 1, not year 3, not year 5.  Are ever we going to take the next step to show we can be a top 25 team? This is a 6 senior team.  Yes we were in the game but did you ever feel we could win?  26 at the half is very familiar. We were outscored 13-0 in the last 3:14.  In 7 seasons seriously in non-conference where is Mike's signature win? Michigan in year 2?
careful, your ignorance of the basketball program is showing.

TNhawgfan

I'm not worried about losing to UNC because they're going to be top 10 again this year. I am worried about our lack of depth. Looked to me that if our two stud senior guards both struggle some (or one or both get hurt or are in foul trouble), we won't beat quality opponents. Gafford is going to be good, but man, they were killing us down low...and there are some good bigs in the SEC this year
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

1highhog

Same here, not a good game.  Gafford had a bad day, he has got to learn a real quick how to stay in the game.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: devildog on November 24, 2017, 06:24:13 pm
UNC played really good man defense and we did not have the plays to beat it. I kept waiting for double screens, back door cuts, and drive and dish plays. There was motion but the offense was not aggressive. Something to work on, I bet UConn plays man against us too.
This squared.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

MountieDawg

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 24, 2017, 06:39:47 pm

In 6 years 2 trips to the Final 32 in the NCAAT, borderline erotic... raise and big buyout sounds smart... he is already paid like a Top 25 coach... 
SEC!

HotlantaHog

It is one game and a long season, and I am reasonably optimistic for the season ... still, I would be happier if the Hogs would occasionally win one of these big games....

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 24, 2017, 09:01:31 pm
It is one game and a long season, and I am reasonably optimistic for the season ... still, I would be happier if the Hogs would occasionally win one of these big games....

Do you consider Kentucky a big game?

Drop the Mike

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2017, 04:44:52 pm

Who got hurt at the g spot? I've always had a good time there