Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou game... Lock will destroy our DB’s.

Started by BR, November 18, 2017, 08:30:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Mizzou will score 50 on us... They are on a 5 game winning steak, now they are bowl eligible... Destroying Vandy tonight 35-0 in 2nd Qtr.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Martygit

I'm afraid you're right - I'm also afraid that no matter what happens, it won't make any difference as to anything that happens with our football program - we're done  :puke:
RIP OTR, REV

ShadowTheHedgehog

Yeah but you guys also said that MS would destroy us.

BR

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 18, 2017, 08:36:52 pm
I think Missouri will be a little more motivated than State was today..

The Hawg Marshal

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: farmhawg on November 18, 2017, 08:38:39 pm
Stick your head back up your azz. We won't win next week.

I did not say we would. But you guys have been forecasting that we will lose by 60 and then bitching and moaning when we lose by 7.

We are bad this season, CBB sux and needs to go. But the kids are still playing hard and may give Mizzou a run.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 08:39:17 pm

I think our kids may give them a run for the money. A group of our players seems to have taken it upon themselves to give it 100%. It has shown in some of the last game in spite of the inept game calling.

BR

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 18, 2017, 08:42:37 pm
I think our kids may give them a run for the money. A group of our players seems to have taken it upon themselves to give it 100%. It has shown in some of the last game in spite of the inept game calling.
your opinion

Rayzback

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 08:39:17 pm

They don't call it the Border War for nothing. Oh wait, yes they do.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

jgphillips3

We are going to get blown out unless Cole plays and we win the turnover battle by at least three with a couple of gift scores.  If the turnover battle is even or just 1 different, we have almost no chance at all.

swineology

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 08:30:42 pm
Mizzou will score 50 on us... They are on a 5 game winning steak, now they are bowl eligible... Destroying Vandy tonight 35-0 in 2nd Qtr.

Stupid Trophy is Stupid

Tolliver will get torched, Kam is solid

Martygit

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 18, 2017, 08:44:54 pm
We are going to get blown out unless Cole plays and we win the turnover battle by at least three with a couple of gift scores.  If the turnover battle is even or just 1 different, we have almost no chance at all.

We were predicted to be blown out today - and, obviously that didn't happen - those that gave the points and bet on MS lost their ass - I'm guessing that the prediction will be the same for next week against Mizzou and, since the boys gave everything they had today and since there's really nothing to play for (bowl game now being out of the question) that prediction may be right - we'll probably lose but it doesn't make any difference anyway - I hope we win just so those seniors can say they won their last game, but I doubt it
RIP OTR, REV

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 08:44:24 pm
your opinion

That's all it really is man, opinions.

and I get it, Mizzou is a really bad fit for us defensively.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Rayzback on November 18, 2017, 08:44:35 pm
They don't call it the Border War for nothing. Oh wait, yes they do.

They don't call it the Border War at all. They call it The Borderline Rivalry sponsored by Shelter Insurance.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Might as well rush 8 every play and play three deep. What? We gonna lose if we do that?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 18, 2017, 08:53:06 pm
They don't call it the Border War at all. They call it The Borderline Rivalry sponsored by Shelter Insurance.

Battle line rivalry. And it's dumb.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Rayzback

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 18, 2017, 08:53:06 pm

Partial credit for knowing it has a name :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

jgphillips3

Quote from: MartinGit on November 18, 2017, 08:51:42 pm
We were predicted to be blown out today - and, obviously that didn't happen - those that gave the points and bet on MS lost their ass - I'm guessing that the prediction will be the same for next week against Mizzou and, since the boys gave everything they had today and since there's really nothing to play for (bowl game now being out of the question) that prediction may be right - we'll probably lose but it doesn't make any difference anyway - I hope we win just so those seniors can say they won their last game, but I doubt it

True.  No one would have though MSU would sleepwalk through three quarters and we would get three gift scores today.  However, nobody has slowed Mizzou lately and I don't see us doing it.  We might score against them though.  Straight up, I expect they will beat us by three scores.  Turnover battle is the only way I see to change that. 

elksnort

Our only chance is to control the clock. Run the ball.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

We had -6 yds rushing in the first half. ....and scored 14 point s on gifts.  We sux.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: elksnort on November 18, 2017, 09:14:37 pm
Our only chance is to control the clock. Run the ball.
Every team in the SEC knows they can play cover zero vs the Hogs.  Won't b that easy.

kiddhog

i predict we will be in   the game at halftime ... and then some how we will lose the game in the 2nd half... just going out on a limb here ...???

hogsanity

our db's will be chasing their receivers all day, never looking back for the ball, and not getting any help from the safeties. I predict at least 4 passing td's for mizzu and at least 4 pi calls on the hogs.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

havok

Our D-Coord will rush 3 and let Lock have all day to pick and choose where he wants to go with the ball.

hogsanity

Quote from: havok on November 18, 2017, 09:50:14 pm
Our D-Coord will rush 3 and let Lock have all day to pick and choose where he wants to go with the ball.

or he could run cover zero all day and rush 5 or 6 and just pray Lock does not find one of the 3 guys that will be open every single play.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogimus Prime

hogsanity

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on November 18, 2017, 09:56:15 pm
And people want David Bazzel as AD

because clay travis ranked our fans too low on his list.

SooieGeneris

They are hot, we are not. That meth-addled LB of theirs, Weasel or whatever his name is will mouth off all week, and our players will say something to the effect that "we'll show him on game day", then play like zombies.

He will make three tackles and the announcers will act like he's a hybrid of Dick Butkus and Lawrence Taylor and "he really backed up that bulletin board material he provided didn't he?" and Bert will stand there with that Butter Bean on acid look, like "what just happened?"

Or he'll stand there debating the rule book with an official as Drew Lock throws his arm out torching our DBs.. Just get this season over and let him go coach Shippensburg St or Mount St. Mary's..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

1 hog n eldo

Wonder if Cole Kelly or Storey plays. No way Austin Allen should play on a bad ankle and messed up shoulder. But I figure Bret will trot him out since it is senior day and get us murdered. The way I see it our only "slim" chance against misery is if Cole plays and we get the lucky bounces like we did today. Yea...... It ain't happening.

Arkansas Fan

Just another game to get some younger guys experience for our next coach.

EastexHawg

I suggest we punt on every play against Missouri.  Maybe half the time the ball will bounce off one of their players and we will recover, and the other half it will be downed on their two yard line and they will fumble it into their end zone.

Oh...and when we fumble maybe they will kick the ball 40 yards toward their goal line and instead of falling on it try to pick it up and run so they can go 97 yards for the TD and get on Sportscenter.

jkstock04

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 18, 2017, 10:04:36 pm
They are hot, we are not. That meth-addled LB of theirs, Weasel or whatever his name is will mouth off all week, and our players will say something to the effect that "we'll show him on game day", then play like zombies.

He will make three tackles and the announcers will act like he's a hybrid of Dick Butkus and Lawrence Taylor and "he really backed up that bulletin board material he provided didn't he?" and Bert will stand there with that Butter Bean on acid look, like "what just happened?"

Or he'll stand there debating the rule book with an official as Drew Lock throws his arm out torching our DBs.. Just get this season over and let him go coach Shippensburg St or Mount St. Mary's..
Pure gold sir!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawgphat

One more "game" and this excruciatingly embarrassing season will finally grind to a screeching halt and be laid to rest.

I always wish the Hogs well and pull for them; - - - but I don't even want to TALK about Razorback football again for a WHILE.

I'm completely and utterly bummed out, jaded, shell-shocked and listless now.  My interest in discussing Razorback football could very well enter hibernation until AT LEAST next spring, - - - - depending upon the identities of some very key components yet to be determined.

:(

mckinneyhog5

This..but these jackholes will never come back and admit they're wrong.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

leroyhawg

Quote from: BR on November 18, 2017, 08:30:42 pm
I think Kelley makes a comeback and we end up with a good old fashioned slugfest, I think the Missouri rivalry is developing better than we first thought, I know I was Butt hurt losing the LSU game, but with Les gone it's not as much fun.
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Calling All Hogs

I hate we never got to take advantage of the down years Mizzou had. They still beat Bielema all but one year.

BR

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 19, 2017, 06:22:22 am
I hate we never got to take advantage of the down years Mizzou had. They still beat Bielema all but one year.
Yep, they are on a 5 game winning steak, with a QB that has the Most TD passes in D1 this year...   They hate us, and will want to bury us on Sr. Day..  Plus our DB's can't stop a decent High School QB, without getting PI called on them.

Kevin

We just have to endure the man in the windbreaker just one more time
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BR

Mizzou has scored at least 45 points in five consecutive games.

Wants2Win

code red

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 06:35:58 am
Mizzou has scored at least 45 points in five consecutive games.
Vs defenses way better than ours.  They are fast.  They create space.....we are slow. 

DeltaBoy

Blood in the Water ,We are going to get Punked!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgon

Did Missouri play Alabama last game?  No?  Then we will get beat by five touchdowns.  They score 35 by half.

The Bert era ends with an excruciating whimper.  You're also going to see a buttload if injuries from players who have already mentally checked out and are just going through the motions.  I predict at least two knees in this game.

rljjr

The DBs are not terrible. Stop bashing players. If you want to pick on scheme and coaches go ahead.

BR

Quote from: rljjr on November 19, 2017, 07:58:49 am
The DBs are not terrible. Stop bashing players. If you want to pick on scheme and coaches go ahead.
The eye of the Beholder.......   

rljjr

Quote from: BR on November 19, 2017, 08:00:16 am
The eye of the Beholder.......   

I'm not saying we will win every matchup, but I believe it's more scheme and coaching than personnel. I'm a huge fan of KCurl and that guy has been all-world as far as Freshmen go. And you're right, it is in the eye of the beholder. I just choose to have some faith in the guys playing. They were lights out yesterday for the most part against a team that had the potential to do the same thing as you're saying Mizzori will do to us.

BR

Quote from: rljjr on November 19, 2017, 08:05:23 am
I'm not saying we will win every matchup, but I believe it's more scheme and coaching than personnel. I'm a huge fan of KCurl and that guy has been all-world as far as Freshmen go. And you're right, it is in the eye of the beholder. I just choose to have some faith in the guys playing. They were lights out yesterday for the most part against a team that had the potential to do the same thing as you're saying Mizzori will do to us.
That is why he cost us the A*M game...   They can't cover, they don't look for the ball.. If they make one play, they strut around and then get Burnt on the next play..

rljjr

Curl didn't cost us the Aggie game. Is that what you're saying? If not my apologies. No one player EVER costs us a game. Seriously, if you're blaming ONE player for losing a game you have serious issues.

elksnort

Quote from: rljjr on November 19, 2017, 07:58:49 am
Well, we do have one particular safety that should not have been signed.
Curl and Pulley might be a pretty good tandem next season.