Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

24 seconds left tied 21-21 and here's a pic of the crowd

Started by Drop the Mike, November 18, 2017, 03:23:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3kgthog

ricepig

Quote from: go hogues on November 18, 2017, 04:59:32 pm
One of the few drawbacks of the Texas student explosion.

I'm FOR the out of state tuition being waived but most of those kids didn't grow up rooting for or quite possibly, KNOWING about the Hogs. We have sucked for basically the entirety of these kids lives, not to mention many are only there because they couldn't get in to UT or A&M.

I think it's just the millennial attitude. I've had and have kids up there, they find excuses not to attend or stay past half.

cjack

Saying we don't have dedicated fans is a joke.  The crap product affects recruiting. Fans not showing up for the worst coach in our history does nothing to recruiting.  We are one of the most loyal, dedicated fan bases in the country.

Woooo Pig Soooie!

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TDHawgs

Maybe $6 tickets are too much.. gonna have to go down to $1 to get a bigger crowd.

code red

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on November 18, 2017, 03:28:02 pm
Weather had a lot do due with the crowd!
Well. Next week it will be 65 and sunny so we will see.  I doubt there was 32k there today.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

IMABIELEMA

code red

Quote from: Athog on November 18, 2017, 03:28:52 pm
It kills me when people brag about our lack of Attendance. I was there because I am a Razorback fan not for the Head Coach. However if I was a recruit I waould look close to see the dedication of the fan base.
How many recruits do you think sat through that wx?

bythelake

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 18, 2017, 03:23:38 pm
This is what will get you fired above all else.

And we were very proud and loud.  Proud to be at the game.

After the game we talked about all the bitching from people not attending games.

Believe it or not there are many of us.   

hog.goblin

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 18, 2017, 04:30:27 pm
wet? WET? not a drop of rain fell.

you are nothing but a troll.

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 18, 2017, 10:12:46 am
Which game will have a worse attended crowd?

(1) Today vs. Miss State, in the rain, 45 degree temps;
or
(2) Missouri, day after thanksgiving, beautiful weather?

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 18, 2017, 11:13:35 am
It's freakin' cold, windy, & rainy here. It was 69 and within an hour and a half, it was 49, with a 20+ mph wind, and misting. We are 4-6 with a lame duck coach. Give the fans a break.

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 18, 2017, 05:03:07 pm
My blanket, hind parts, sweatshirt, and jacket disagree.

rljjr

There was a ton of people in the South end zone concourse watching from there to avoid the wind. Not the rest of the 64 thousand, but quite a few!

rzrbkman

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 18, 2017, 03:33:39 pm
WOW, they never showed the crowd on tv I didn't realize it was that small.

You must have been watching a different game. CBS showed a lot of crowd shots.

Ex-Trumpet

The wind was blowing too hard for the rain to fall.  It blew sideways.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

East Clintwood

Quote from: baitshop on November 18, 2017, 04:12:22 pm
I continue to be disappointed in the lack of support from the student section....

Every game we lose 2 or 3 thousand after halftime. I have been to Hog games at every team in the West's home stadium and haven't seen anything like the consistent mass exodus of students that we have every week....

Other schools just must not have the good 2nd half parties as the UofA.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

TulsaHawg

There was a misty rain during much of the game. I was wishing I had remembered my poncho.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 18, 2017, 03:26:34 pm
Didn't we have a bunch of recruits on visits today??

There were 5 Juco recruits on Official Visits.

Oklahawg

Quote from: rljjr on November 18, 2017, 06:51:43 pm
There was a ton of people in the South end zone concourse watching from there to avoid the wind. Not the rest of the 64 thousand, but quite a few!

Sorry I missed it!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Martygit

Caveat: I haven't read all of the replies to the original post so if this is a repeat, forgive me (yeah, right.........)

I'm watching the A&M v Ole Miss game and there are a bunch of empty seats in that stadium too - yes, I know that Ole Miss is bad (kinda like we are) but I've also noticed in other games today that unless the home team is in the running for something, there are a lot of empty seats.  I think that college football doesn't have the interest to the public that it once had and the advent of television/online for virtually every game played, has resulted in significantly reduced attendance - if that's true, revenues are going to decline because people will stop buying tickets and contributing to programs - may be the beginning of the end of big time college football in terms of money funneling into it
RIP OTR, REV

BigDeal

well i have a couple of opinions about this picture. first one is it was my first game in almost 10 years and i can see ablob of myself in your picture in the corner on section 119. Thank you for that.  The other thing is there were more people at the game then i expected although it wasn't full. the last thing is the picture aint' fair because at that point it was taken miss state was about to score and everybody knew it

I thank you.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Quote from: The Pulse on November 18, 2017, 03:48:45 pm
whoever that lady was that was woooing out there...she shoulda strapped on a helmet. We would've won.

She was non stop, no matter what!

depressed_fan

Quote from: elksnort on November 18, 2017, 03:28:55 pm
CBB just needs more time. Wait till he gets all his players into the program.

If more fans would just come out and support the team and the coach we would have a lot better progrum.

Seebs

The crowd was not up to snuff because of some injuries.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

MissippHog

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Chalupa Batman

This is what will get him fired regardless of how the Mizzou game goes. I've been a CBB supporter until the second half of the TCU game. A change needs to be made. He's lost the fan base.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 03:33:36 pm
64,153, nice crowd considering the game time and the opponent.........
The opponent was/is a top 20 team. What do you mean, "considering the opponent"?

SmokinHog

Quote from: The Pulse on November 18, 2017, 03:48:45 pm
whoever that lady was that was woooing out there...she shoulda strapped on a helmet. We would've won.

Oh my God. You noticed it too? It was driving me insane..... literally the entire game. Sounded like a broken vacuum cleaner. I would have pushed her down the bleachers.

hogs7199

Quote from: Athog on November 18, 2017, 03:28:52 pm
It kills me when people brag about our lack of Attendance. I was there because I am a Razorback fan not for the Head Coach. However if I was a recruit I waould look close to see the dedication of the fan base.

No fan base would support the dumpster fire we have going now.  Me, my dad, and my four kid were there, but only because we had already paid for the tickets. We are a top 5 fanbase. Jeff Long killed that. Good thing he is gone and Bert is next.

micali

I was at the miss st game two years ago. It was freaking cold that night and the stadium was almost full. The weather had nothing to do with it.  Wait till next week.

Wooderson

I was at the game and in the first half the crowd was double what your picture showed.  At half it was a mass exodus.  I figure it was about 45-50k in the second quarter.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

ricepig

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 18, 2017, 11:19:34 pm
The opponent was/is a top 20 team. What do you mean, "considering the opponent"?
Swoosh......right over the top......

ricepig

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 19, 2017, 07:38:49 am
This - emphatically yes - is one (among many) reason(s) the recent additions make no sense in the current and near term marketplace. 

If they sell them, and the highest of the high dollar seats are sold, why is it a bad idea? Would you rather have someone seating in a $4000/yr seat, or a $300?

hoghiker

BB is gone. He tried. He failed. Not sure why there is so much condemnation of the man at this point. The players are the ones I feel really sorry for.

ricepig

Quote from: hoghiker on November 19, 2017, 07:56:22 am
BB is gone. He tried. He failed. Not sure why there is so much condemnation of the man at this point. The players are the ones I feel really sorry for.
One must continue to beat the dead horse for eternity, it's the message board mantra.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 03:33:36 pm
64,153, nice crowd considering the game time and the opponent.........

lol....bs

You know it

I know it

30,000 MAX

On another note....Did you high rollers run out of Hot Choc and Coffee too? At least if you guys run out they will let you sip off the Kahlua bottle
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Poop Hoggy Hogg

I'm FOR the out of state tuition being waived but most of those kids didn't grow up rooting for or quite possibly, KNOWING about the Hogs. We have sucked for basically the entirety of these kids lives, not to mention many are only there because they couldn't get in to UT or A&M.

Yuck, the truth hurts. Incoming freshmen were like 11 when JL Smith took our dumpster and sat it on fire. All memories these students have of the hogs are bad. If you are a student that grew up in Texas, you probably wouldn't even care about UA athletics, and is only at the games to socialize.

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on November 19, 2017, 08:31:23 am
lol....bs

You know it

I know it

30,000 MAX

On another note....Did you high rollers run out of Hot Choc and Coffee too? At least if you guys run out they will let you sip off the Kahlua bottle

40,000  + or - 5000, and we mixed the Kahlua with the hot chocolate, it kept the chill off.

Hogwild

Quote from: ResIpsaLoquitur on November 18, 2017, 09:21:33 pm
Caveat: I haven't read all of the replies to the original post so if this is a repeat, forgive me (yeah, right.........)

I'm watching the A&M v Ole Miss game and there are a bunch of empty seats in that stadium too - yes, I know that Ole Miss is bad (kinda like we are) but I've also noticed in other games today that unless the home team is in the running for something, there are a lot of empty seats.  I think that college football doesn't have the interest to the public that it once had and the advent of television/online for virtually every game played, has resulted in significantly reduced attendance - if that's true, revenues are going to decline because people will stop buying tickets and contributing to programs - may be the beginning of the end of big time college football in terms of money funneling into it

I noticed a few empty stadiums also, have to give credit to Tennessee their stadium was full last night atleast for the first half.

elksnort

Notre Dame vs Navy appeared to be many empty seats. NBC kept their camera angle low.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 18, 2017, 03:23:38 pm
This is what will get you fired above all else.

No winner or loser this just tells you it is over.

In November 1976 I had an entire section of the WMS North End Zone to myself to watch JFB's last home game, a 7-30 loss to TTech.  At least the wind was to my back.  My only clear memory of that day was watching Broyles leave WMS for the last time as coach.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Wooderson on November 19, 2017, 07:40:10 am
I was at the game and in the first half the crowd was double what your picture showed.  At half it was a mass exodus.  I figure it was about 45-50k in the second quarter.
Wasn't it tied at the half? Why would people go to effort and take their time to show up at all, then leave with the game tied at half? Social time only regardless of the football? Nice attitude, NWA.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 05:06:11 pm
I think it's just the millennial attitude. I've had and have kids up there, they find excuses not to attend or stay past half.
Millennials are not old enough to buy tickets to Razorback games. If they are present, it is because an older fan bought them tickets and gave them away or sold them cheap.

longpig

Quote from: farmhawg on November 18, 2017, 04:13:40 pm
BS.

Not a program in the country would have had as many fans in attendance, considering the weather, losing season and low expectations of a competitive game.  That was a great turnout for the situation.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Wooderson

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 19, 2017, 11:20:45 am
Wasn't it tied at the half? Why would people go to effort and take their time to show up at all, then leave with the game tied at half? Social time only regardless of the football? Nice attitude, NWA.

It was a lot of people with young children and older fans. The WX was too much for those folks.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

IronHog

What do you call someone too dumb to be an Aggie?

Razorback

Flagship be rollin'
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

twistitup

November 19, 2017, 01:41:58 pm #96 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:07:14 pm by twistitup
Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2017, 08:41:36 am
40,000  + or - 5000, and we mixed the Kahlua with the hot chocolate, it kept the chill off.

40,000... At the game yesterday?

At what point? Were they all hiding somewhere?

No way....you must have had too many cocktails.

On another not, do you like sake? With your rice connections and all - I bet you guys drink it like water

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

LZH

hog.goblin

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 19, 2017, 11:20:45 am

I can't explain why other than they got warm and didn't want to come back out.  The south outdoor club was about half full, maybe a little less.  At the start of the 3rd quarter it was only 10% full and got worse.

hog.goblin

Quote from: twistitup on November 19, 2017, 01:41:58 pm
40,000... At the game yesterday?

At what point? Were they all hiding somewhere?

No way....you must have had too many cocktails.

On another not, do you like sake? With your rice connections and all - I bet you guys drink it like water

No.

I believe it.  I could easily believe 30,000 in the seats and 10,000 under cover.  There weren't any tables or chairs available in the outdoor club the entire first half.  After the half they all left.