Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow this Auburn headline

Started by checkraiser88, November 16, 2017, 08:24:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

The author is an Auburn alumnus.

People think the Razorback media is full of homers - ya'll have no clue.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HoggyCat

Auburn-Vandy series..... 21-21-1. They're so full of themselves.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

hawgon

It always cracks me up that every national writer and writers who follow other schools always assumes that we lay in facilities.

Boardon Hamsay

Hate to break it to y'all but Arkansas football is a step down from Auburn football.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

factchecker

Quote from: hawgon on November 16, 2017, 08:29:32 pm
It always cracks me up that every national writer and writers who follow other schools always assumes that we lay in facilities.

until they come here and are shocked:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2016/12/14/why-im-impressed-after-touring-the-athletics-facilities-at-university-of-arkansas/#69b0d7791f08

People can dislike the AD or the coaches but we all should be proud of the facilities that our support has built.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The NewEra

That's a funny article.  It sounds like the writer is trying to shame Gus into staying.

I wonder why he thinks it would be less impressive if Gus were to beat both Auburn and Alabama as a Razorback coach than to stay where he is?

Atlhogfan1

AU is a cult like A&M without the weird rotc. 

It was so dumb for Arkansas people to leak this.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

duckman

If you wonder why Gus would possibly take the job here, look no further than this article.

The Hawg Marshal

I hate it, but I couldn't find a whole lot wrong with that article.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 08:25:55 pm
The author is an Auburn alumnus.

People think the Razorback media is full of homers - ya'll have no clue.

I listen to our fans crucify Arkansas media, and just shake my head. The internet is an amazing thing. You can actually hear sports shows and read articles in far away places like Alabama and Louisiana. And in those mysterious lands their media is worse in so many ways.

But I guess it's way more fun to roast Bo, and the like than actually form an educated opinion.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

ShadowTheHedgehog

Sounds a bit like an "oh chit moment" to me. Both the bama homers and tigger fans dint want another sec team with better coaches.
We will not be at Bsma level right ayay, maybe never - but remember when CBP (whom I don't want back) was here. Playing the hogs was not a gimme anymore. They don't want us to go back to that.

Iwastherein1969

we lag behind in facilities...damn, if so we sure aren't getting our money's worth on all the projects we've done since 2012...I find this hard to believe
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Martygit

"Accepting the Arkansas job would be a big step down for Malzahn. While the Razorbacks do have some historical success, they lag behind in almost every aspect compared to the Tigers, especially in recruiting and facilities. In the hierarchy of the SEC, Arkansas is in the lower half and competing for a national title seems like a pipe dream."
RIP OTR, REV

sickboy

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 16, 2017, 08:30:36 pm
Hate to break it to y'all but Arkansas football is a step down from Auburn football.

Yeah, I read the article and I was like, "well, yeah. we are a step down from Auburn." I mean. Let's call a spade a spade. The reason we're looking for a coach like Malzahn is because we want to be like Auburn. At least in the win-loss column.

factchecker

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 16, 2017, 08:35:57 pm
we lag behind in facilities...damn, if so we sure aren't getting our money's worth on all the projects we've done since 2012...I find this hard to believe

We don't lag behind at all.

Read the article I posted.

We have great facilities.

The capacity is lower than the big schools but we don't need 100k stadiums.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The Hawg Marshal

I think they would consider it a slap in the face if Gus left them for Arkansas. They hated Gus's guts after the LSU game , now they are mad that he might leave. You just watch if they lose to Bama he'll be back on their hate list.

Atlhogfan1

We win SEC in 2010 if AU had not bought Cam. 

The facility comment is probably because their stadium seats more.  AU people are strange and annoying.    Be happy you aren't around them.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Wooderson

Auburn has beaten us 4 of 5. Before that we were .500 with them. They are not as important as they think.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: sickboy on November 16, 2017, 08:37:31 pm
Yeah, I read the article and I was like, "well, yeah. we are a step down from Auburn." I mean. Let's call a spade a spade. The reason we're looking for a coach like Malzahn is because we want to be like Auburn. At least in the win-loss column.
Arkansas and AU are very close in the all-time series...They have had one superior year in the past 10 years, the year they acquired Cameron Newton. It's not that AU is this great program each year for they are not, the problem is that we made one bad firing and one bad hiring and the success vs failure for the UA has flipped. If memory serves, Petrino owned the Plainsmen.

dpetty121263

As much as it pains me there is much truth to this article, it would be a step down and career ender I suspect..

PORKULATOR

I've never been a Gustavo  supporter but right now I hope Bama Beats him by 60 so he comes back home
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

sickboy

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 16, 2017, 08:39:01 pm
I think they would consider it a slap in the face if Gus left them for Arkansas. They hated Gus's guts after the LSU game , now they are mad that he might leave. You just watch if they lose to Bama he'll be back on their hate list.

If I was Malzhan, I'd jump at an Arkansas offer. Not that I think Malzhan will turn Arkansas into a championship contender, but even if Malzhan wins a championship at Auburn this year, the second he doesn't win 10-11 games, they'll want to fire him. How long can that be tenable? One or two more years? If he stays, there's a chance he'll be jobless in two or three years with worse options after Auburn.

Now, if he comes to Arkansas now. He's guaranteed to be an SEC coach for, I'd guess, at least five years. Assuming nothing funky happens.

What would you want? 2-3 years of people wanting to fire you when you're producing pretty good SEC West seasons. Or 5 years where they'll let you do your thing even if you win 5-6 games for a few years until you produce 8-9 win season.

AugustaHog

Prestige and recent history sure.  Facilities..... Not quite.  It's a hell of a tougher sell than AU but then again we've not cheated aggressively like they have.  With the right bagman, even OM recruited well.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: dpetty121263 on November 16, 2017, 08:42:37 pm
As much as it pains me there is much truth to this article, it would be a step down and career ender I suspect..
Coaching at Arkansas is a career ender ?  Jack Crow, is that you ?

greenie

Roaringboar

Quote from: The NewEra on November 16, 2017, 08:32:20 pm
That's a funny article.  It sounds like the writer is trying to shame Gus into staying.

I wonder why he thinks it would be less impressive if Gus were to beat both Auburn and Alabama as a Razorback coach than to stay where he is?

Sounds to me like they might actually be a bit scared it's possible.....They've been bashing Gus for the last couple of seasons now, and now here he has them actually back in place to make a major push for the playoffs, and all it's taken is a whisper he might be considering leaving and they're freaking out.....there might be something to this the way Auburn fans are reacting.....then again it could be B.S........but the media sure seems to have a lot of sources saying this is a real possibility......I just can't see him passing up Auburn though.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Iwastherein1969

Can't wait for this guy's critique of AU's basketball program and it's facilities. I'm sure we lag behind there, also. And Baseball, that ish hole they call a ball park at AU can't even grow grass. The field is bald in spots, but again, AU's baseball park is better than Baum.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Just another, "But, but, but, but it Arkansas.!?" "Stay in your Lane boys", We can't make this look like we ran his off", "He's Fragile" monkey fighting  Old Schools SEC cock fight.

They just blinked first...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

AirForceHog

Well what do you suggest. Get rid of football?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Iwastherein1969

Sir, name one coach who left Arkansas and couldn't find a job. Just one will do. If you are going to spout this kok and bull, back it up. I'm not talking interim coaches either. Come on, man, I want to know who's career ended after being the head football coach at Arkansas. I don't think you can.

hawgon

Career ender? Well, I'm pretty sure that if he comes to Arkansas that Malzahn intends it to be his last job whether he is here for the next two years or the next twenty.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: duckman on November 16, 2017, 08:33:02 pm
If you wonder why Gus would possibly take the job here, look no further than this article.

Bingo.

He literally used the argument "You have to beat Bama and going to Arkansas would be taking the easy road..."

Wait...we don't have to play Bama every year too...? Lol

What a sad article.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Ugly Uncle

Have you seen Auburn's stadium?  It is War Memorial with an upper deck.  I've been all through their place and it is a dump.  Nice campus.  Cool town.  Their facilities are old and bad.  Remember...their ONE elevator got stuck from the press box/coaches box to field level with OUR coaches inside. 

I was shocked.  Truly...War Memorial is in better shape.
Retired Radio Host

factchecker

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 16, 2017, 08:54:56 pm
Sir, name one coach who left Arkansas and couldn't find a job. Just one will do. If you are going to spout this kok and bull, back it up. I'm not talking interim coaches either. Come on, man, I want to know who's career ended after being the head football coach at Arkansas. I don't think you can.

Even hootie parlayed the Razorbacks into getting another SEC job.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hotdog hog

Quote from: MartinGit on November 16, 2017, 08:37:03 pm
"Accepting the Arkansas job would be a big step down for Malzahn. While the Razorbacks do have some historical success, they lag behind in almost every aspect compared to the Tigers, especially in recruiting and facilities. In the hierarchy of the SEC, Arkansas is in the lower half and competing for a national title seems like a pipe dream."
With the current state and Bret, this^^

LZH

I have only speculation, but moving Long out of the way only opens the door for Gus to come back home. Sounds like this could have been in the works for a while. Maybe he was the coach I kept hearing we already had in the bag all along.

If he were to beat Alabama and Georgia again, it would be hard to turn down a chance add one or two national championships. So we are kind of on the razors edge with this right now. I'm a Norvell 'take the chance' guy myself. But if Gus could recruit a defense here I would love to see him have a real shot at what he could do on the hill.

PossumFan

I'd be shocked if this guy has seen any of the Arkansas facilities except, MAYBE, the stadium, press box and post-game interview room.

HiggiePiggy

If he did come here he would have the type of qb that he likes!!!
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

East Clintwood

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 16, 2017, 08:54:56 pm

The current one will very likely be the first.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

lumphog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 16, 2017, 08:43:49 pm
I've never been a Gustavo  supporter but right now I hope Bama Beats him by 60 so he comes back home
I hope he beats the snot outa Bama and comes home.... THAT will speak volumes

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 16, 2017, 08:30:36 pm

Right now, it's true.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 16, 2017, 08:59:10 pm
Have you seen Auburn's stadium?  It is War Memorial with an upper deck.  I've been all through their place and it is a dump.  Nice campus.  Cool town.  Their facilities are old and bad.  Remember...their ONE elevator got stuck from the press box/coaches box to field level with OUR coaches inside. 

I was shocked.  Truly...War Memorial is in better shape.

In that elevator's defense, it had Jim Cheney on it.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

rtr

The guy who wrote that article is an Auburn jackwagon.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

IronHog

Auburn is a step down from  Bama and LSU....mid tier SEC west program just like Arkansas
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Have you seen Auburn's quarterbacks?

Outside of Cam Newton they are BAD.

Good coach can recruit more playmakers on offense to UA
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Hogindasticks

From Auburn's boards...

If I were him, after the abuse he's taken from our fans this year, I'd go where I was wanted and where I called home. I'd get out while it was of my own volition so it didn't look like I was yesterday's garbage and instead that it was a natural upward trajectory to my end goal of being coach of the flagship school of the state I grew up in.

And it serves us right, to be honest.

That's not to say after losing to LSU and to that point having only pulled off one miracle win per each of our main rivals over the course of four years with #1 & #2 UGA & Bama looming wasn't reason to have him on a short leash, but just sayin'.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 16, 2017, 09:05:21 pm
Bring Gus Bus 🚌home!

🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌..! Where did you get that..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.