Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee Football Recruiting

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2016, 07:20:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 24, 2017, 10:29:48 am
So Butch has roughly half his class put together.  Kudos, Sergeant Carter.
Hey now JR... LOL be nice.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/839496273875058694

QuoteTennessee is looking to recapture its glory from the 1990s.

With longtime receivers coach Zach Azzanni out and Kevin Beard in, it appears that attrition could come in the form of 4-star 2019 receiver Kentrell Scurry — but it's not that simple.

Azzanni announced Monday night that he wasn't de-committing from Tennessee but would be "open up" his recruitment. Scurry has been committed to the Vols since July 26, just three months after Tennessee offered him.

In his words:
https://twitter.com/D1Scurry/status/838877136488398849

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 08, 2017, 12:20:59 pm
In his words:
https://twitter.com/D1Scurry/status/838877136488398849

So he is "still committed" but he is opening up his recruitment and definitely wants to visit other universities to explore his options.

Okay then...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 08, 2017, 01:06:41 pm
So he is "still committed" but he is opening up his recruitment and definitely wants to visit other universities to explore his options.

Okay then...
JR you know kids NEVER change their minds haha.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ALLVOL on March 12, 2017, 03:19:16 pm
JR you know kids NEVER change their minds haha.

If he's not completely certain, then I guess he doesn't have a 5 star heart.  Perhaps just a 4 star heart. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 13, 2017, 06:47:10 am
If he's not completely certain, then I guess he doesn't have a 5 star heart.  Perhaps just a 4 star heart. 
Who knows. But I'm glad Butch is giving people stuff to glomb onto

jbcarol

'18 Corryton Gibbs .8455-rated OG Ollie Lane gave a verbal to the Vols.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell 2m2 minutes ago

Tennessee recruiting: Adonis Otey commits to the Vols  https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-recruiting-adonis-otey-commits-vols

This '19 prospect is not yet rated

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/857940985204154368

QuoteThe "vibe," Jaylon Reed said, was the reason he chose to commit to Tennessee over Ole Miss, Mississippi State and the nearly 20 other Division I programs who offered him.

"When I got on campus the coaching staff knew me, the players knew me, everyone knew me by name," said Reed, a  senior cornerback for Olive Branch. "It felt like I was a priority. When you get that feeling like you're home even though you're outside of Mississippi you just gotta go with it."

It wasn't just the vibe that helped Reed make this decision. The academic experience into which he was given a sneak peek was another major factor in his commitment. He's focused on football but has dreams beyond it —

jbcarol

'18 4-star DT Brant Lawless (Nashville Christian) gave a verbal to Vols

jbcarol

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jbcarol on February 05, 2016, 07:20:44 am
SEC Network ‏@SECNetwork 20h20 hours ago

Rocky Top's 2016 class features the nation's #1 athlete and #1 JC DE: http://bit.ly/1SL8C9k 

They're probably doing some illegal things.........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ALLVOL

PorkRinds

Most of this is unlikely to matter until they get a better coach.

jbcarol

ALLVOL

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 22, 2017, 11:52:47 am
Blah Blah Blah, Blah Blah, Blah Blah Blah.

jbcarol

Tennessee picked up a legacy commitment from Farragut 3-star 6-6 211 TE Jacob Warren

QuoteWarren becomes the 11th commitment of the Vols' 2018 class, which rated as No. 9 in our nation and No. 2 in the SEC

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

ICYMI: '20 Ocala Vanguard WR Leonard Manuel gave a verbal to UT.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/878726190894338048

Quote4-star running back from Georgia could be a very good piece in the Vols' offense down the line. Dixon rates as the No. 6 all-purpose back in the class and the No. 307 prospect in the country.

Dixon becomes Tennessee's first commitment since Orange Carpet Day.

Tennessee could add another running back in the class with Anthony Grant Jr.

jbcarol

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 22, 2017, 11:52:47 am

well, for once you are absolutely correct, but I'd also add, "and until they get a better fan base"........

jbcarol

jbcarol

DLUXHOG

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account @BruceFeldmanCFB Jul 3

Greg Emerson, the nation's No. 5 DT recruit, just announced he's committing to #Tennessee staying in state.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan‏Verified account @RyanCallahan247 7h7 hours ago

Five-star OL, longtime #Tennessee #Vols commit @_mayc2 names finalists, sets visit plans

jbcarol

4-star Georgia target Alontae Taylor de-commits from Tennessee

QuoteButch Jones is out at Tennessee and now one of the program's top recruits has backed off his commitment to the program. Alontae Taylor told DawgNation on Sunday afternoon that he is no longer a part of that class.

"I am no longer committed to Tennessee," Taylor said.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell
2h2 hours ago

CB Tanner Ingle decommits from Tennessee following Butch Jones' firing

jbcarol

3h3 hours ago

Tennessee losses commitment from WR Shocky Jacques-Louis following Butch Jones' firing

jbcarol

SEC Country Vols‏Verified account @SECCountryVols
Nov 17

QB commit Adrian Martinez: 'If it goes the way I want it, I’ll be at Tennessee' http://sec.news/2mzSeRZ   #VFL

jbcarol

SEC Country Vols‏Verified account @SECCountryVols
8h8 hours ago

Tennessee football recruiting mailbag: Keeping Georgia commits, Cade Mays and coaching search http://sec.news/2mTIXEF   #VFL

QuoteHolding on to defensive backs Trey Dean and Jaycee Horn is paramount for the new coach.

It is a positive that neither have de-committed and a really good sign for the Vols. Tennessee athletic director John Currie has talked with both. Currie has done a good job  calming the nerves of the recruiting class from what I can gather.

Being able to hold on to either recruit will come down to who is hired. If Dean and Horn believe it is a good hire who can bring the Vols to the top of the SEC, then I believe they will stay.

Horn has better offers...

I detailed where Tennessee stands with de-commit Cade Mays ...

Mays and Tennessee aren't done by any means. He seems to really like Clemson, and Georgia made a great pitch to him. He's from Tennessee and was a commit for over two years. He knows many of the players and has too many connections to Knoxville to count.

All this is to say, if the Vols nail the coaching hire, then I believe Tennessee is right back in the middle of the hunt for Mays.

There won't be much time for convincing, though.

jbcarol

4h4 hours ago

Tennessee loses commitment from 4-star CB Jaycee Horn

jbcarol

Jesse Simonton‏ @JesseReSimonton
Dec 13

And on Wednesday, Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt...
* Received a commitment from 4-star wideout Alontae Taylor
* Visited several prospects, including 5-star Cade Mays, with Fulmer
* Poached LSU's G.M. and recruiting guru Austin Thomas

jbcarol

Jesse Simonton‏ @JesseReSimonton
7m7 minutes ago

Pruitt be closing ... Banks, Shrout, Wood-Anderson and Allen all on Rocky Top for the first time this weekend and all four signed with Tennessee today.

jbcarol

Tennessee announces signing of JUCO OL Jahmir Johnson

QuoteArizona Western product will provide immediate depth on the line. Tennessee had to play a walk-on offensive lineman this season because of injuries and attrition.

Johnson, who went to high school in Philadelphia, rates as a 3-star prospect and is ranked the No. 4 offensive tackle in junior college...

Vols have signed 17 prospects in the class. The goal is to get in the 23-25 range by February.