Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kevaughn Allen Iverson (Shot Volume-wise)

Started by The Hogfather, November 27, 2015, 10:04:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

Quote from: Cure on November 29, 2015, 10:00:30 am
Shine in that offense? You mean shine on the fastbreak because they don't have many good halfcourt sets.

Allen will get developed under White.
Like Mick under Self?

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 29, 2015, 10:26:08 am
Like Mick under Self?

All of the CMA haters and bashers on Hogville agreed that with proper coaching and development under a real X's and O's coach who knows how to teach defense and can teach set plays in the half court, Mickleson would be a helluva college player, if not a sure fire NBA 1st rounder. All you heard from them was the constant bleat, CMA coach baaaad, baaaad.

Now, none of them will step up and own that stinking load of crap that they were selling about how it was CMA's fault that Mickelson didn't become a star but now that Self has done no better, it's all on Mickelson.

Loving the hypocrisy on Hogville.

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The Hogfather

The Hogfather

Quote from: Cure on November 29, 2015, 10:00:30 am
Shine in that offense? You mean shine on the fastbreak because they don't have many good halfcourt sets.

Allen will get developed under White.

Hawg Red thinks Allen could shine in our offense, not me.  I think he'd be average.  However, I can tell you one thing with certainty, he is a much better fit in an offense where he can get junk buckets because he can't do much else well.  Maybe if he was shooting more layups in transition, he could shoot better than 30%.

Swinesong1

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 29, 2015, 10:52:49 am
All of the CMA haters and bashers on Hogville agreed that with proper coaching and development under a real X's and O's coach who knows how to teach defense and can teach set plays in the half court, Mickleson would be a helluva college player, if not a sure fire NBA 1st rounder. All you heard from them was the constant bleat, CMA coach baaaad, baaaad.

Now, none of them will step up and own that stinking load of crap that they were selling about how it was CMA's fault that Mickelson didn't become a star but now that Self has done no better, it's all on Mickelson.

Loving the hypocrisy on Hogville.
what's really funny is he's gotten worse under Self.  So by their logic, Anderson is the better coach.  Yet, they say he can't coach.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 29, 2015, 11:05:58 am
what's really funny is he's gotten worse under Self.  So by their logic, Anderson is the better coach.  Yet, they say he can't coach.

He did look pretty bad in that game against Vandy. When Diallo gets there, Mickleson will be anchored to the bench. Gotta produce when you get the opportunity. After getting a whole year with KU trainers, assistants and Jedi Master Bill Self, he still plays like he did as a sophomore at Arkansas. Obvious they can't develop talent at KU.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 29, 2015, 11:00:21 am
Hawg Red thinks Allen could shine in our offense, not me.  I think he'd be average.  However, I can tell you one thing with certainty, he is a much better fit in an offense where he can get junk buckets because he can't do much else well.  Maybe if he was shooting more layups in transition, he could shoot better than 30%.

I'm glad he is not lighting it up at Florida because I don't root for kids that didn't want to play for us. However, I think he will end up pretty good, no matter the system. Maybe not All SEC good but decent at least. He would probably be a little further ahead though if he were playing with us. Could probably use some better coaching.  ;)

The Hogfather

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on November 29, 2015, 11:24:06 am
I'm glad he is not lighting it up at Florida because I don't root for kids that didn't want to play for us. However, I think he will end up pretty good, no matter the system. Maybe not All SEC good but decent at least. He would probably be a little further ahead though if he were playing with us. Could probably use some better coaching.  ;)

😀👍🏻 I like what you did there.  I think he'll be average overall.  I certainly hope so, since he plays for another SEC school.

root_hawg

During that 21-1 run, if he shot every time and made 1, we would have won.   8)

cmiller01

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 29, 2015, 11:05:58 am

I wouldn't say he got worse under Self.  His problem is that there are much more talented players on the team which limits his minutes.  His father was instrumental in the transfer and thought that Hunter would be a world beater somewhere else.

Swinesong1

Quote from: cmiller01 on November 29, 2015, 03:14:43 pm
I wouldn't say he got worse under Self.  His problem is that there are much more talented players on the team which limits his minutes.  His father was instrumental in the transfer and thought that Hunter would be a world beater somewhere else.
KS was desperate for him to step up last year (especially after Alexander mess) and this year (while NCAA dragged it's feet on Diallo).  So spare me that!

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 28, 2015, 09:59:21 am
Not sure Allen is the type of "talent" we need to make us better.  He's a high volume shooter who can't make many.
Small sample size alert.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Karma on November 29, 2015, 04:54:02 pm
Small sample size alert.

I thought that was a given.  I'm not a guy who likes to wait until a player is done with his entire career prior to making an assessment.  I hate those people.

Hawg Red

November 29, 2015, 06:13:50 pm #63 Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 08:28:31 pm by Hawg Red
Quote from: The Hogfather on November 29, 2015, 05:35:26 pm
I thought that was a given.  I'm not a guy who likes to wait until a player is done with his entire career prior to making an assessment.  I hate those people.

The problem with what you just said, though, is that earlier you said that assessment "lined up" with what you thought about him coming out of high school. That is the problem here, IMO. Because that shows you were completely and wholly ignorant to him coming out of high school. So you are making a quick assessment (you can make one some time between the first 6 games and the final college game, you know) based on a few games and saying it matches up with something that never happened. Had you actually seen KeVaughn Allen play in high school, you know he wasn't a high-volume shooter or a chucker. You exposed yourself there. No one cares if you don't like the kid because he went to Florida and no one is asking you to wait until his college career is over to form an opinion, but you've formed an opinion based on a lie.

Cure

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 29, 2015, 10:26:08 am
Like Mick under Self?
Point taken, every player does not work out no matter how well you recruit, but there is no discrediting the development that Self does each year with his players, especially his bigs. You cannot say the same for MA.

I'm not sure how you can expect to get talented players to the Hill and win on a consistent basis if they can't see results. You can see the coaches around the country who don't get highly rated players, but continue to go deep in the tournament and that's coaching. It is also why the in-state players will go elsewhere, not his recruiting ability.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

jdunhog

Mickelson and Clarke should have stayed at Arkansas

Swinesong1

Quote from: Cure on November 29, 2015, 07:29:01 pm
Point taken, every player does not work out no matter how well you recruit, but there is no discrediting the development that Self does each year with his players, especially his bigs. You cannot say the same for MA.

I'm not sure how you can expect to get talented players to the Hill and win on a consistent basis if they can't see results. You can see the coaches around the country who don't get highly rated players, but continue to go deep in the tournament and that's coaching. It is also why the in-state players will go elsewhere, not his recruiting ability.
Just gonna toss this out there even tho I know it won't deter you from posting nonsense:  Off the top of my head, DeMarre Carroll, Phil Pressey,  Bobby Portis, Qualls, Coty Clarke, all are players who improved under Anderson.  Pressey regressed badly after Anderson left.  Mick has done worse at KS than at AR.  Why can't you and today's recruits see that?

Swinesong1

Quote from: Cure on November 29, 2015, 07:29:01 pm

There was also a very detailed piece written about how highly rated players have gotten progressively worse the longer Self "developed" them.  You might want to Google that too.

Cure

Quote from: Swinesong1 on November 29, 2015, 07:58:57 pm
Just gonna toss this out there even tho I know it won't deter you from posting nonsense:  Off the top of my head, DeMarre Carroll, Phil Pressey,  Bobby Portis, Qualls, Coty Clarke, all are players who improved under Anderson.  Pressey regressed badly after Anderson left.  Mick has done worse at KS than at AR.  Why can't you and today's recruits see that?
Qualls, Portis, Pressey all hit the camp circuits over the summer and worked hard individually at their games. Carroll transferred into Mizzou after 2 years. Only one of those players was a sure thing coming out of the program and he was the goods before he even touched campus.

Have you been to the practices on campus? Mickelson was a project to begin with, but you can name several players that have played under MA that regressed or didn't improve at all after making the jump to D-1. His stats aren't indicative of his improvement at KU, he'd get that just by going against better competition every day, but hey I'm sure he'd have much better stats getting up and down the floor in transition at Arkansas.

Why is that you refuse to see that his style of ball isn't anything close to the pro game and a big turn off recruiting wise? How many of his staff members have been getting looks from other programs? 
Team Economics

dsims2k3

Quote from: Cure on November 29, 2015, 08:54:25 pm
Qualls, Portis, Pressey all hit the camp circuits over the summer and worked hard individually at their games. Carroll transferred into Mizzou after 2 years. Only one of those players was a sure thing coming out of the program and he was the goods before he even touched campus.

Have you been to the practices on campus? Mickelson was a project to begin with, but you can name several players that have played under MA that regressed or didn't improve at all after making the jump to D-1. His stats aren't indicative of his improvement at KU, he'd get that just by going against better competition every day, but hey I'm sure he'd have much better stats getting up and down the floor in transition at Arkansas.

Why is that you refuse to see that his style of ball isn't anything close to the pro game and a big turn off recruiting wise? How many of his staff members have been getting looks from other programs?

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/heat-spurs-nba-finals-defense-turnovers-miami

MIAMI — When a team shoots poorly but commits only four turnovers, as the Spurs did in Game 1, it's survivable. But when San Antonio committed 17 turnovers against Miami in Game 2, another poor shooting performance meant death by the Heat transition machine.
The ball did not go in the basket for San Antonio on Sunday, and Miami rolled to a 103-84 win to tie the NBA Finals at one game apiece.
Up until the point Gregg Popovich found the nearest white towel and gave it a wave, the Spurs were having a strangely terrible night shooting the ball. They were 9-for-16 from beyond the arc, but a 15-for-45 performance from 2-point range through the first 40 minutes of the game absolutely killed any chance San Antonio had to recover from the 17 turnovers. Especially when Miami had just six of them.
Giving the ball away to the Heat, a team that struggled to score when the Spurs' defense was set, is typically the end of the line. When one of the most electrifying transition teams in the NBA gets opportunities to get out in the open court, momentum swings can be devastating. This team plays with an ignition switch no one else has, so the last thing San Antonio can afford to do is give it extra opportunities. It's like the Heat turned on a water faucet and broke off the handle, and the shots never stopped pouring down.
Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker combined to shoot 30.3 percent from the floor and committed nine of the team's turnovers. As Pop said, that's never good.
"Defense has something to do with it. Just missing shots has something to do with it. No matter how you slice it, it's 10-for-33 (shooting by the Big 3)," he said. "Missing shots and not shooting well and turning it over is a bad combination."
But San Antonio was very much in this game, despite the poor performance. Danny Green — who hit all six of his shot attempts, including five 3-pointers — drove baseline for a layup that put the Spurs up 62-61 with 3:50 to play in the third quarter. Then the floodgates opened. The Heat went on a 33-5 run over the next 7:58, fueled by six Spurs turnovers during that span.
In the blink of an eye, it was over, and that isn't a new phenomenon for Miami's opponents. It's happened regularly over the past three years.

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

intelligence

I watched Kevaugn Allen play last night for florida, and though his shot is bad he's already made an impact for the gators. He brings instant energy to the court and is a good passer.

In one sequence he drove baseline and tried to throw down a dunk, but was rejected at the rim. a second later, he was catching a pass on the wing and draining a 3. on the following trip, he drained another 3 pointer from the same spot. He's not a very good shooter, but his name was being called alot last night for hustle plays, setting up teammates and playing great defense. This myth that he is a terrible player is nonsense.

Truth is he just didn't want to be a Razorback, like Mike Irwin stated.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: dsims2k3 on December 02, 2015, 02:58:42 pm

MIAMI — When a team shoots poorly but commits only four turnovers, as the Spurs did in Game 1, it's survivable. But when San Antonio committed 17 turnovers against Miami in Game 2, another poor shooting performance meant death by the Heat transition machine.
The ball did not go in the basket for San Antonio on Sunday, and Miami rolled to a 103-84 win to tie the NBA Finals at one game apiece.
Up until the point Gregg Popovich found the nearest white towel and gave it a wave, the Spurs were having a strangely terrible night shooting the ball. They were 9-for-16 from beyond the arc, but a 15-for-45 performance from 2-point range through the first 40 minutes of the game absolutely killed any chance San Antonio had to recover from the 17 turnovers. Especially when Miami had just six of them.
Giving the ball away to the Heat, a team that struggled to score when the Spurs' defense was set, is typically the end of the line. When one of the most electrifying transition teams in the NBA gets opportunities to get out in the open court, momentum swings can be devastating. This team plays with an ignition switch no one else has, so the last thing San Antonio can afford to do is give it extra opportunities. It's like the Heat turned on a water faucet and broke off the handle, and the shots never stopped pouring down.
Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker combined to shoot 30.3 percent from the floor and committed nine of the team's turnovers. As Pop said, that's never good.
"Defense has something to do with it. Just missing shots has something to do with it. No matter how you slice it, it's 10-for-33 (shooting by the Big 3)," he said. "Missing shots and not shooting well and turning it over is a bad combination."
But San Antonio was very much in this game, despite the poor performance. Danny Green — who hit all six of his shot attempts, including five 3-pointers — drove baseline for a layup that put the Spurs up 62-61 with 3:50 to play in the third quarter. Then the floodgates opened. The Heat went on a 33-5 run over the next 7:58, fueled by six Spurs turnovers during that span.
In the blink of an eye, it was over, and that isn't a new phenomenon for Miami's opponents. It's happened regularly over the past three years.

Golden State gets up and down pretty quick too. The style works, just needs the horses.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: intelligence on December 02, 2015, 04:37:46 pm
This myth that he is a terrible player is nonsense.

Don't see anyone (well, maybe one) saying he is a terrible player. He may end up being decent at Florida but who cares. Quincy Lewis ended up being decent at Minnesota (I think that is where he went, I lose track of them when they go elsewhere) but I couldn't tell you anything at all about the type of player he was in college because I didn't watch a single game, nor did I care to. If I did watch Florida, it would be because they are an SEC opponent and I watch all of them. KeVaughn would have to be playing like a lottery pick for me to tune in just to see what he is doing right now.

The Hogfather

December 02, 2015, 07:00:59 pm #73 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:41:44 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: intelligence on December 02, 2015, 04:37:46 pm
I watched Kevaugn Allen play last night for florida, and though his shot is bad he's already made an impact for the gators. He brings instant energy to the court and is a good passer.

In one sequence he drove baseline and tried to throw down a dunk, but was rejected at the rim. a second later, he was catching a pass on the wing and draining a 3. on the following trip, he drained another 3 pointer from the same spot. He's not a very good shooter, but his name was being called alot last night for hustle plays, setting up teammates and playing great defense. This myth that he is a terrible player is nonsense.

I assume this is the only game you've seen of him this year.  He has been terrible prior to this game.  He is not going to be a terrible player.  He will just be an average player overall.  He is not particularly tall or long, not overly athletic, and is obviously not a great shooter.  He isn't as good as his rating.  Period.

MountieDawg

He is playing more than 20 minutes a game and he is 6-1. Most everyone wanted him to be a hog, he is starting slow but no need to call him a failure. This place is full of hate and far from common sense.
SEC!

The Hogfather

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 03, 2015, 06:57:15 am
He is playing more than 20 minutes a game and he is 6-1. Most everyone wanted him to be a hog, he is starting slow but no need to call him a failure. This place is full of hate and far from common sense.

He is certainly not 6-1.  His team is 6-1 in spite of his poor shooting.  Nobody called him a failure, drama queen.  He had been terrible in the first 6 games.  He just had his best game yet.  I don't think he'll be terrible.  He'll just end up being an average SEC player who shoots more than his skill warrants.

MountieDawg

Drama Queens are those who consistently bash 17 and 18 year old kids because they didn't pick the school you would have if you could throw a football or shoot a basketball yourself.  You are on Kevaughn just like Malik, Archie and others that didn't pick the Razorbacks. Kids choosing teams that have recently won national championships in football and recently been to Elite 8's, Final Fours and won NC's in the past 10 years makes sense.  20 years ago when you grew up in Arkansas and you could just read the local paper or Democrat and only see the local news covering the hogs it was the easy decision, now the internet has removed the state borderlines and you can hear just as much or more about Kentucky, Florida, Alabama, Ohio State and others in the Top 25.
Kids see those teams and those kids in the national public eye and they want the same thing.  They have no idea who THE HOGFATHER is and  they don't make their decisions on making sure you are happy.
SEC!

TomBigBeeHog

Unless he becomes an All-American, I won't have more than a passing interest in what he is doing. Not spiteful, I just lose interest in a kids career when he leaves and goes somewhere else unless they trash us on the way to where they are going, no hard feelings. Malik was a little different but still, I was over that within 6 hours.

As to KeVaughn's shot volume, I am surprised that he has struggled to put the ball in the hole somewhat. I saw him play at the Rumble on the Ridge in his junior season. He showed a nice stroke on the 3 then. I was hoping he would be a Hog and I asked him was he thinking about coming here. He didn't say much. You can tell he is shy. He said he was thinking about playing for the Hogs but probably was just saying it to be nice. I was really hoping to get him because I liked how he finished at the rim and he could score all over the court. Maybe he will get it going, maybe not.

The Hogfather

December 03, 2015, 02:07:58 pm #78 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:32:53 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: MountieDawg on December 03, 2015, 08:59:29 am
Drama Queens are those who consistently bash 17 and 18 year old kids because they didn't pick the school you would have if you could throw a football or shoot a basketball yourself.  You are on Kevaughn just like Malik, Archie and others that didn't pick the Razorbacks. Kids choosing teams that have recently won national championships in football and recently been to Elite 8's, Final Fours and won NC's in the past 10 years makes sense.  20 years ago when you grew up in Arkansas and you could just read the local paper or Democrat and only see the local news covering the hogs it was the easy decision, now the internet has removed the state borderlines and you can hear just as much or more about Kentucky, Florida, Alabama, Ohio State and others in the Top 25.
Kids see those teams and those kids in the national public eye and they want the same thing.  They have no idea who THE HOGFATHER is and  they don't make their decisions on making sure you are happy.

Malik and Goodwin are different, ESPECIALLY Monk.  You won't see me saying Goodwin and especially Monk aren't good or are just average.   You won't see me calling them overrated.  Just Allen.  Allen is nowhere close to Goodwin or Monk in regards to skill level, athleticism, size, length, shooting ability, etc., and he went to play for Michael White, who has never coached a team to an NCAA tournament appearance.

You have probably seen me saying that Kentucky does nothing for them in regards to getting to the NBA and in some cases, it can hurt their draft stock by going there.

MountieDawg

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 03, 2015, 02:07:58 pm
Malik and Goodwin are different, ESPECIALLY Monk.  You won't see me saying Goodwin and especially Monk aren't good or are just average.   You won't see me calling overrated.  Just Allen.  Allen is nowhere close to Goodwin or Monk in regards to skill level, athleticism, size, length, shooting ability, etc., and he went to play for Michael White, who has never coached a team to an NCAA tournament appearance.

You have probably seen me saying that Kentucky does nothing for them in regards to getting to the NBA and in some cases, it can hurt their draft stock by going there.

Understandable.... 
SEC!

HogBreath

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 28, 2015, 09:33:24 pm
I think he'd make this team worse.  He doesn't realize his ability.
Apparently neither did Billy Donovan, or Mike Anderson.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 03, 2015, 02:07:58 pm
Malik and Goodwin are different, ESPECIALLY Monk.  You won't see me saying Goodwin and especially Monk aren't good or are just average.   You won't see me calling them overrated.  Just Allen.  Allen is nowhere close to Goodwin or Monk in regards to skill level, athleticism, size, length, shooting ability, etc., and he went to play for Michael White, who has never coached a team to an NCAA tournament appearance.

Allen wasn't rated by the recruiting services as highly as Goodwin or Monk.  Madden was rated higher than Allen. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 02, 2015, 07:00:59 pm
I assume this is the only game you've seen of him this year.  He has been terrible prior to this game.  He is not going to be a terrible player.  He will just be an average player overall.  He is not particularly tall or long, not overly athletic, and is obviously not a great shooter.  He isn't as good as his rating.  Period.
After 7 games you can tell that a highly rated player will be average in his career. Tell me how Jimmy Whitt winds up based on his start.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Karma on December 04, 2015, 05:09:10 pm
After 7 games you can tell that a highly rated player will be average in his career. Tell me how Jimmy Whitt winds up based on his start.

Better than Allen.

Cure

Quote from: dsims2k3 on December 02, 2015, 02:58:42 pm

I liked that Miami Heat team, their defense when locked in was a thing of beauty, but the strength of that defense was used against them by San Antonio and thus dethroning them. Arkansas isn't Miami with a dominant perimeter defender and they are winning off halfcourt defense, they're intent is to press to cause problems. A coached team will beat a press handily.
Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on December 02, 2015, 04:57:54 pm
Golden State gets up and down pretty quick too. The style works, just needs the horses.
The problem with the system isn't the pace, it's the lacking of improving basketball IQ. It is why Arkansas shudders any time they see a zone defense.

Playing for more possessions isn't the problem, the problem comes when the game is slowed down into a halfcourt game and players like Kevaugh who can break down a defense off the dribble get their teammates good looks.

The offense is as basic as you can get and it still isn't executed that well. Hard screens, energy off the ball, and shot selection.
Team Economics

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 8m8 minutes ago

Mike White, on shot selection, "we've subbed for shot selection at times, but there's a fine line with that."

White on Ke Vaughn Allen, said he's feeling better after being banged up last week, "one of these games he's going to fill it up."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

The Hogfather

Quote from: jbcarol on December 17, 2015, 12:39:51 pm
Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 8m8 minutes ago

Mike White, on shot selection, "we've subbed for shot selection at times, but there's a fine line with that."

White on Ke Vaughn Allen, said he's feeling better after being banged up last week, "one of these games he's going to fill it up."

Well, gosh, they play at least 31 games.  One out of 31+ ain't bad, I guess.

At his shooting %, he's going to have to shoot it 100 times to "fill it up".

hawginbigd1

Quote from: cmiller01 on November 29, 2015, 03:14:43 pm
IMO mick and his father are the problem, he appears no stronger, agile, or athletic than he was for us day 1. They were spoiled and don't have the desire to work to be better! A cat with his size and touch should be a lottery pick, but you have to have the work ethic to match!

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 29, 2015, 06:13:50 pm
The problem with what you just said, though, is that earlier you said that assessment "lined up" with what you thought about him coming out of high school. That is the problem here, IMO. Because that shows you were completely and wholly ignorant to him coming out of high school. So you are making a quick assessment (you can make one some time between the first 6 games and the final college game, you know) based on a few games and saying it matches up with something that never happened. Had you actually seen KeVaughn Allen play in high school, you know he wasn't a high-volume shooter or a chucker. You exposed yourself there. No one cares if you don't like the kid because he went to Florida and no one is asking you to wait until his college career is over to form an opinion, but you've formed an opinion based on a lie.
Characterize high volume? Not that this is high volume but if you are shooting more shots than you have points, i'm not impressed. So with Kevaugh, I'm not impressed, high school was and should have been different. But in AAU he was a high volume, shoot more than he scores type of player.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops Dec 17

After back-to-back losses to ranked teams, adjustments on way for Gator offense - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20151217/ARTICLES/151219738 ...

QuoteMike White was pleased with his team's resolve last Saturday in taking No. 1 Michigan State down to the wire before losing a close game. But White's goal this week has been to get UF's offense back on track heading into a critical matchup Saturday against Oklahoma State at the Orange Bowl Classic in Sunrise.

In dropping back-to-back road games at No. 15 Miami and No. 1 Michigan State, the Gators averaged just 53.5 points, shooting 35.9 percent from the floor (41-114) and 16.7 percent from 3-point range (5-30).

White said some of Florida's scoring struggles in its 58-52 loss at Michigan State had to do with playing on the road in front of a raucous crowd. But in reviewing the film, White also felt the Gators were stagnant during some first-half stretches.

"Some of it is us, as well," White said. "We've got to move our bodies a little bit better. We've got to move the ball a little bit better. We've got to get more paint touches. Whether that's throwing inside to the post or penetrating to pitch to get those types of looks, as opposed to one-two-pass and 3-point attempts. That will be our focus here over the next few days."

FREE THROWS: White said freshman guard KeVaughn Allen, who dealt with some knee tendinitis and groin issues last week, is feeling better after some time off this week. "If that ball goes in for him a little bit, he'll feel really good," White said. "He's really capable and he's gonna have a game sometime here soon where he fills it up and he's dealing with the freshman-itis that every other freshman here in the country just about, other than a few of them, are dealing with. It's all a part of the process." ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 8h8 hours ago

Florida outlasts Oklahoma State in OB Classic- via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20151219/ARTICLES/151219661 ...

SUNRISE — With better ball movement, some intensity on defense and some big shots finally falling from the perimeter, Florida picked up a needed win against a power-five conference opponent on Saturday night.

Senior forward Dorian Finney-Smith led five Florida scorers in double figures with 16 points, lifting the Gators to a 72-70 win over Oklahoma State at the Orange Bowl Classic in Sunrise.

"We really shared the basketball well," Florida coach Mike White said. "Executed pretty well. Took pretty good shots. I just thought overall by far and away it was our best offensive performance when you take into account it was against a quality program defensively."

Devin Robinson added 13 points for Florida (7-3), as the Gators snapped a two-game losing streak. Chris Chiozza and KeVaughn Allen (3-3 2pt, 1-3 3pt, 2-2 FT) had 11 points apiece, while center John Egbunu had 10 points despite going 2 of 9 from the free-throw line.

The Gators went 12 of 26 from the charity stripe...

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 16h16 hours ago

White talks Hill-Chiozza playing together, rotation - http://brockway.blogs.gatorsports.com/13316/white-talks-hill-chiozza-playing-together-rotation/ ... (via #sociablesite) http://brockway.blogs.gatorsports.com/13316/white-talks-hill-chiozza-playing-together-rotation/ ...

QuoteGiven that point guards Chris Chiozza and Kasey Hill both have played at a high level over the last two games, Florida coach Mike White was asked if the two could play together more frequently moving forward.

If Kasey continues to play really well and Chris continues to play consistent, we'll play those guys more and more together," White said. "But KeVaughn Allen and Brandone Francis-Ramirez, I'm sure would have something to say, regarding that. because KeVaughn is coming off his best game and Brandone had his best practice in about a month. Those are good problems to have.

"At certain times of the year, maybe we can play three guards, maybe we can play three little guys and not be as good on the offensive glass but be a better ball-handling or better shooting team if those guys are in a rhythm making shots. I'm open for whatever, just whatever helps us win that particular game."

Allen is coming off one of his better games of the season against Oklahoma State, finishing with 11 points, 2 steals and 2 rebounds.

- Allen just gave his second interview of the season on Monday. The soft-spoken, 6-foot-2 freshman guard from North Little Rock, Ark., remains shy, but has let his game do the talking on-and-off this season. Coming off his third double-figure scoring game of the season against Oklahoma State (11 points),  Allen is averaging 6.7 points on the season.

Allen was asked if he's getting more adjusted to the speed of the college game, "It's been a big adjustment, but overall, I've been getting used to it," Allen said. "The speed of the game, just trying to put myself in situations." Allen also said he feels like he needs to be more assertive. "In college, it might not seem like you are open, but you really are," Allen said. "That's when you have to have confidence and just step up and just knock down shots, just know the separation that they give you, you've got to shoot it."

The Hogfather

Quote from: jbcarol on December 22, 2015, 08:53:49 am
"In college, it might not seem like you are open, but you really are," Allen said. "That's when you have to have confidence and just step up and just knock down shots, just know the separation that they give you, you've got to shoot it."

Or, in his case, not knock them down and keep shooting!

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops Dec 22

Despite blowout win over Jacksonville, Florida coach Mike White not pleased w/first-half effort - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20151222/ARTICLES/151229891 ...

QuoteMike White was worried this week about what he called "Christmas-itis", the tendency for players to look ahead to the holiday break and not take an overmatched opponent seriously.

After a lackluster defensive effort in the first half, Florida pulled away for an 89-65 win over Jacksonville before an announced crowd of 9,083 at the O'Connell Center.

Still, White found some fault in the 25-point win. Florida (8-3) led just 39-31 in the first half and 42-37 early in the second half before getting its game in first gear.

"I wasn't pleased with our physical and mental effort," White said. "Defensively, I thought the first half was our worst defensive half of the year. We did some things offensively."

Freshman guard KeVaughn Allen led four Florida scorers in double-figures with a career-high 15 points.

Allen, also, continued to show confidence offensively. The 6-foot-2 freshman guard from North Little Rock, Ark., went 5-of-10 from the floor, scoring 5 of 6 two-point baskets on drives to the hoop and mid-range jumpers.

Coming off an 11-point effort against Oklahoma State, Allen posted back-to-back double-figure games for the first time this season.

"He was tremendous in the open floor," White said. "I thought he made some good passes as well. He showed how athletic and explosive he is. Three assists to zero turnovers for a freshman guard, is a really good sign. Made good decisions."

Florida went with its fourth different starting lineup in four games. Egbunu returned to the starting lineup at center for Kevarrius Hayes, while Allen replaced struggling redshirt freshman Brandone Francis-Ramirez at shooting guard.

The Hogfather

Ok, give it to me.  😀  I still say he'll have more games closer to 1-17 than he does 10-18.  However, 30+ is impressive. 

choppedporkextrasauce

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 14h14 hours ago Sanford, FL

Allen's 32 points most by a Gator freshman since Matt Walsh scored 33 v. Miami on Dec. 21, 2002.

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 15h15 hours ago Sanford, FL

Florida 4-24 from 3, don't understand shooting a 3 there, even with Allen.

matt walsh ‏@mattyvincent44 7m7 minutes ago

@gatorhoops wow I'm shocked that number still holds up, I'm sure he will break it his year!

The Hogfather

Quote from: jbcarol on December 30, 2015, 10:32:32 am
matt walsh ‏@mattyvincent44 7m7 minutes ago

@gatorhoops wow I'm shocked that number still holds up, I'm sure he will break it his year!

If Allen breaks Walsh's record, I will never say an ill word about his ability ever again and will forever admit that I was wrong about Allen.  No chance he does that.  I say this was an anomaly.

As I said in my last post, he'll have many, many, many more 1-18 nights than he does 10-18.  He's a volume shooter who can score a bunch if his shot is on.  The problem is, his shot isn't on often enough.

jbcarol

23.8% from 3 during the non-conference schedule.

The Hogfather

December 30, 2015, 10:56:32 am #99 Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:15:51 pm by The Hogfather
Quote from: jbcarol on December 30, 2015, 10:52:11 am
23.8% from 3 during the non-conference schedule.

And, before last night (3-7), I believe it was right at 20% and his FG% at 36%.