Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations to Texarkana American Legion Razorbacks!!

Started by goodguytex, August 17, 2016, 08:33:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

The Texarkana American Legion Team, the Razorbacks, won the American Legion world series last night, becoming the first team from Arkansas to win the American Legion World series.

Very proud of the hard work these kids put in. They represent Arkansas and the name Razorbacks proudly!

razorson

Yes, great job. Got behind early with errors but kept battling for 12 innings. Although I'm in ne ark  anytime an Arkansas team wins on a national stage no matter what sport or level I'm proud to be an Arkansasan :razorback:

hogsanity

they played pretty good baseball for the two games I saw.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorbackfan86

Anyone have video of that catch by the center fielder? One of the best plays I've seen. Off the bat thought it was for sure trouble. He ran it down and made an outstanding catch. Then to top it off, a few plays later in the same inning, he gunned down a runner at the plate to end the inning. Congrats to this team indeed.

hogsanity

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 18, 2016, 06:49:22 am
It was pretty Sh**** how they got the world series berth but congrats on the win.

care to explain for those of us who do not follow Legion Ball?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorbackfan86

Quote from: hogsanity on August 18, 2016, 08:25:38 am
care to explain for those of us who do not follow Legion Ball?

They advanced on some kind of tie breaker due to weather. Not exactly sure what the tie breaker was though.

hogsanity

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on August 18, 2016, 12:15:21 pm
They advanced on some kind of tie breaker due to weather. Not exactly sure what the tie breaker was though.

Yea, those type of things are pretty lousy sometimes, but needed in youth sports because they can't have people sitting around for 2 3 or more days waiting for the weather to clear up.

goodguytex

Quote from: hogsanity on August 18, 2016, 01:41:41 pm
Yea, those type of things are pretty lousy sometimes, but needed in youth sports because they can't have people sitting around for 2 3 or more days waiting for the weather to clear up.
That's true. Apparently Texarkana and Bryant were scheduled to play to decide who from Arkansas would go. And there was a threat of severe weather, which caused the league to panic, cancel the game, and award the tie breaker to Texarkana.

It was a league decision though. Texarkana nor Bryant had any control over the situation. I'm very proud for Texarkana though. They represented the Hogs very well.

goodguytex

And the tiebreaker was decided based on Texarkana beating Bryant last time they played each other 6-5.