Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muhammad Ali dies at age 74

Started by oldbear, June 03, 2016, 11:37:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:05:51 pm
It's draft dodging unless they are running for office and have my vote.  ;D

I would bet many of these guys screaming draft dodger voted both times with Chaney on the ticket. A man at the age to pick up a rifle used his family influence to get out of the draft. Once he was an old man he became a hawk. That is cowardice.

At least Ali stood in front of the cameras and protested - not hide behind family influence. But I digress.
You are dead on point. A trump voter comes on here and calls a hero like Ali a "draft dodger", the irony is so rich. Nevermind that it went all the way to the supreme court and he won. I know what Ali said to a lot of people who took the same tact as slimevol, he'd say "You are just mad that A BLACK MAN refused your draft".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:13:17 pm
And it ain't coming back. Not without rioting in the streets.
we'd burn down EVERY SINGLE NICE HOUSE
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 05, 2016, 08:15:10 pm
You are dead on point. A trump voter comes on here and calls a hero like Ali a "draft dodger", the irony is so rich. Nevermind that it went all the way to the supreme court and he won. I know what Ali said to a lot of people who took the same tact as slimevol, he'd say "You are just mad that A BLACK MAN refused your draft".

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:13:17 pm
And it ain't coming back. Not without rioting in the streets.
There was rioting in the streets by cowards during Vietnam. Nothing new. Unfortunately the brave in this nation have to carry the water for the cowards.
Then those same cowards will bash the very same brave men and women and the country that gives them the freedom to do so.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 05, 2016, 08:15:10 pm

Or he might say "You want me to be a nice negro, but I ant going to." The times were very bad back then and some want to hate on a man that most African Americans consider a Civil Rights leader. A man that gave them hope.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 05, 2016, 08:18:01 pm
There was rioting in the streets by cowards during Vietnam. Nothing new. Unfortunately the brave in this nation have to carry the water for the cowards.
Then those same cowards will bash the very same brave men and women and the country that gives them the freedom to do so.
hope we meet at a riot line someday.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:18:51 pm
Or he might say "You want me to be a nice negro, but I ant going to." The times were very bad back then and some want to hate on a man that most African Americans consider a Civil Rights leader. A man that gave them hope.
#truecolors

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 05, 2016, 08:18:01 pm

You need to shut up if your pointing the cowardice at me. I served my country and as I said above my brother is still suffering the consequences of Agent Orange.

Shall we talk about that toxic chemical our government dropped and took years before they did the right thing for our vets suffering from that exposure? Shall we talk about that?

Dont talk cowardice to me.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 05, 2016, 08:19:13 pm
hope we meet at a riot line someday.
People like me won't be in a riot line. People like me will be fighting so people like you have freedom to riot.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:22:15 pm
You need to shut up if your pointing the cowardice at me. I served my country and as I said above my brother is still suffering the consequences of Agent Orange.

Shall we talk about that toxic chemical our government dropped and took years before they did the right thing for our vets suffering from that exposure? Shall we talk about that?

he's not worth your emotions, screw him.
He's obvious at this point. I could almost do a whole psych analysis on him after this last week. Very attention hungry, obviously anti-minority, it's just not worth it.

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:22:15 pm

I didn't call you anything. And I too have served as has my father, grandfather and cousins, uncles etc.
Our country isn't perfect. But it's darned well the best one going.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 05, 2016, 08:23:44 pm
People like me won't be in a riot line. People like me will be fighting so people like you have freedom to riot.
sorry to disappoint you but my father already did nam, my grandfather's WWII and Korea, and I wasn't born until the last years of Nam, when the DRAFT ENDED, so you don't have to serve me, sport.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 05, 2016, 08:17:30 pm
Anybody hating on Ali at this point, AND ON THIS DAY of all things, is a racist. POINT BLANK.

educate myself.... how funny. You are about as ignorant of Black Studies as Trump himself.
LOL such an intellectually dishonest statement.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 05, 2016, 08:24:53 pm
he's not worth your emotions, screw him.
He's obvious at this point. I could almost do a whole psych analysis on him after this last week. Very attention hungry, obviously anti-minority, it's just not worth it.

I know. I just hate these guys who want to wave the flag of patriotism and totally ignore the history of our government. I have repeatedly stated we are the greatest country, but we also have our flaws. Ali was one of many Americans willing to suffer in order to get the government to do the right thing.

How quickly people forget about parents shipping flack vests to their kids in Iraq because we sent them there not adequately equipped. It took the media and these parents embarrassing politicians to get them to do the right thing.

But guys like ALLVOL don't get that.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 05, 2016, 08:25:15 pm
I didn't call you anything. And I too have served as has my father, grandfather and cousins, uncles etc.
Our country isn't perfect. But it's darned well the best one going.

Ignoring my other points? I.e. Blacks disproportionate deaths, Agent Orange, flack vests, etc...

Sometimes you have to stand up against your government to get them to do the right thing. It shouldn't have to be that way but it is.

ricepig

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:34:34 pm
Ignoring my other points? I.e. Blacks disproportionate deaths, Agent Orange, flack vests, etc...

Sometimes you have to stand up against your government to get them to do the right thing. It shouldn't have to be that way but it is.

You'd probably be surprised that "Agent Orange" was sprayed on our rice fields for years. All it was, was a mixture of 2-4D and 2-45T. We used it as a midseason clean up for escaped weeds, and this was way before GPS and not using flag men.

greenie

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2016, 08:40:21 pm
You'd probably be surprised that "Agent Orange" was sprayed on our rice fields for years. All it was, was a mixture of 2-4D and 2-45T. We used it as a midseason clean up for escaped weeds, and this was way before GPS and not using flag men.

Flagged for crop dusters a few times in my youth, and it would certainly stain your skin orange. 55 and no cancer yet!! Knock on wood.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2016, 08:40:21 pm

But Ricepig how many years did the vets have to fight for medical treatment? They sprayed it and the soldiers suffered. Why did soldiers survive the war only to come home and die of cancer from OA. And have the government say it wasn't their fault.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/conditions/

http://www.history.com/topics/vietnam-war/agent-orange

In tribute of Ali - sometimes you have to make a stand. Even if it is against your government / politicians.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:29:11 pm
I know. I just hate these guys who want to wave the flag of patriotism and totally ignore the history of our government. I have repeatedly stated we are the greatest country, but we also have our flaws. Ali was one of many Americans willing to suffer in order to get the government to do the right thing.

How quickly people forget about parents shipping flack vests to their kids in Iraq because we sent them there not adequately equipped. It took the media and these parents embarrassing politicians to get them to do the right thing.

But guys like ALLVOL don't get that.
He was a Hero, man. It's crazy how people will blame someone like Ali instead of the real monsters responsible for the tragedy that was Vietnam to begin with. People like slimevol don't even care about all those vietmanese lives, just like all those lives in Hiroshima (yes, SV, I know that's Japan). I haven't asked him but I know , for instance, that he HATED Obama going to Japan last week. That, to me , was an amazing act, yet I felt he should have been more understanding and apologetic. People like SV don't care about those 250,000 lives, because, PEARL HARBOR, nevermind the FACT that Pearl was a false flag (we knew it was coming. My grandfather was at Pearl. He had documents that had been de-classified that prove as much).

Ali was The Greatest, he was also a HUGE benefactor of Parkinson's research. He was a civil right's hero. He paid a huge price for his sacrifice and was ultimitely vindicated by the Supreme Court Of the USA> But to SV and them, "he was a bad person imo". Wow. I thought Christians weren't supposed to Judge.... lmao

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on June 05, 2016, 08:34:34 pm

I didn't ignore anything. I just don't get caught up in anecdotal examples. We're there mistakes made? Of course but they're called mistakes. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 05, 2016, 08:45:25 pm
I didn't ignore anything. I just don't get caught up in anecdotal examples. We're there mistakes made? Of course but they're called mistakes.
VIETNAM WAS A MISTAKE, the whole thing. SO WAS IRAQ, the whole thing. SO WAS AFGHANISTAN< the whole thing.

WilsonHog

Well, a couple of y'all might be well-served to PM me your mea culpa before you're placed on an extended involuntary vacation.