Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warriors tie Bulls for most wins.

Started by ghostzapper, April 10, 2016, 08:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostzapper

April 10, 2016, 08:39:09 pm Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:36:17 pm by ghostzapper
End San Antonio's home undefeated streak and break a losing streak there dating back to 1997.  Oh, and Steph hit a three quarter of the floor length shot but it didn't count.

ricepig

TomasPistola

Spurs could have won that game. Missed way too many makable shots.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Dr. Starcs

Pop doesn't care.

Duncan didnt even play.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 10, 2016, 09:38:38 pm
Pop doesn't care.

Duncan didnt even play.

Neither did Diaw. And you're right. I don't think Pop is too concerned.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: ghostzapper on April 10, 2016, 08:39:09 pm
End San Antonio's home undefeated streak and break a losing streak there dating back to 1997.  Oh, and Steph hit a three quarter of the floor length shot but it didn't count.
Im confused

PP

ghostzapper

HiggiePiggy

The question is can they finish it off with a ring though? I don't believe they do it.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ghostzapper

If that happened, they would be the first team to win more than 69 games in a year and not win the title. 

HiggiePiggy

Only 2 teams have won 69 or more games in history.  Technically 3 teams, but 2 of them were Chicago Bulls with Michael Jordan. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JayBell

They're such an awesome team to watch.  They play team basketball at a level we have not seen in the NBA since the 80's.  But they do it in a way we've never seen before.  They'll pass up open layups for contested 3-pointers.  It's insane, and so fun to watch.

I threw my arms up and clapped last night when Steph hit his third straight 3 in the first quarter.  They're so likable too.  I hope they can finish it off with a ring.

Dr. Starcs

Eh, the Spurs of 2014 played ball at a crazy level too, especially during the dismantling of the heat. Even this year, but were overshadowed by the insane success of g-state.

311Hog

crazy that people still try and down play how good the Warriors are.  Curry hit 400 3's FOUR HUNDRED and still shot 45%, that is 124 more than his previous record.  That stat alone is insane to quantify even if he did nothing but jack up shots all day which he doesn't and he sat out what 19 4th quarters ? he could seriously give 500 3's a run.

To me if they win it all this year, someone should recreate that thread from last year asking if that was one of the greatest seasons in NBA history because this year's season might be the new gold standard.  What makes it so much better to me is how likeable this warrior team is to a man, and how deserving the franchise/fans seem to be.

HiggiePiggy

Well now that the season is over.  That was a very poor performance by Curry. They were in the series despite his lack of play except for 2 game.  Unanimous mvp? Nope. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 19, 2016, 09:48:45 pm
Well now that the season is over.  That was a very poor performance by Curry. They were in the series despite his lack of play except for 2 game.  Unanimous mvp? Nope.

He acknowledged as much in the post game interview. Very classy and humble assessment of his own performance. Hope he bounces back with a better performance in the finals next year, if they can make it out of the West.
Hogs up! Covid down!

HiggiePiggy

Yeah it's really Cleveland vs warriors, Spurs, or thunder next year. The east sucks and I don't see any team in the east stepping up and giving Cleveland a challenge. It's been that way for awhile now. 6 or 7 NBA finals in a row for Lebron James now. So I am going to say number 7 or 8 in a row because the east sucks.