Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The sky is falling the sky is falling!!!

Started by WhatsitHOGabout, April 14, 2015, 01:20:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

choppedporkextrasauce

The sun will come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....

Go Hogs.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on April 15, 2015, 12:14:41 pm
It is just reality right now. This last season team, without Portis, would not have made the NCAAT. Maybe not have made the NIT. Right now, until we see who ends up on next years team, one has to assume the team will take a step back. You do not easily replace the conf player of the year.

Now, do two newcomers combine to replace his numbers? Maybe. Does Kingsley pick up some of the slack? He is just such a different player than BP, hard to see that, especially on offense.

Hogsanity, twelve games decided by 5 points or less. Fortune not to have injuries last year. Losing our offensive rebounder and guy who opened up space for shooters. The win total for this team could drop by 8-10 but if we get Monk and others then 2017 will make up for the rebuilding year in 2016

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 15, 2015, 12:49:39 pm
The sun will come out tomorrow

and shine its glare on the bare fact that BP is history. Time to face the music. Next up, the Moses and Trey show. Time for these guys to prove themselves. MA may have had a backup plan for awhile now. Wish I knew what he was thinking about how we fill these two slots.

If MA feels he can rely on Moses and Trey, I can see getting a guy who might play 5 to 8 minutes a game behind those two and then being ready to step into a starting role in his sophomore year or junior year.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

hogsanity

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 15, 2015, 12:56:19 pm
Hogsanity, twelve games decided by 5 points or less. Fortune not to have injuries last year. Losing our offensive rebounder and guy who opened up space for shooters. The win total for this team could drop by 8-10 but if we get Monk and others then 2017 will make up for the rebuilding year in 2016

Monk may not sign here. And, the rule may change by then and he bypasses college altogether. Or he goes to Europe for a year. But lets assume he comes. We are putting all our hopes into a certain one and done guy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawginbigd1

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on April 15, 2015, 01:19:07 pm
Monk may not sign here. And, the rule may change by then and he bypasses college altogether. Or he goes to Europe for a year. But lets assume he comes. We are putting all our hopes into a certain one and done guy.

Hogsanity, Qualls declared. Now it's a full rebuilding year in 2016.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 15, 2015, 03:02:25 pm
Ok how about now on that sky thing?

not falling, but there are a lot of low clouds around today.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: hogsanity on April 15, 2015, 03:07:14 pm
not falling, but there are a lot of low clouds around today.

I see a 8-12 games on the win total to drop. Next year depends on Monk.

72756Hog

Losing 80% of your starting lineup and a bench player is certainly not ideal.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: 72756Hog on April 15, 2015, 03:30:02 pm
Losing 80% of your starting lineup and a bench player is certainly not ideal.

I think Jeff Long will like the CBI this year bcuz this young team will get extra games and extra practices. 

Kevin

So, 4 more years till a ncaa tournament appearance?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogz87

Quote from: Kevin on April 15, 2015, 05:48:39 pm
So, 4 more years till a ncaa tournament appearance?
If we get Monk then I think we'll be back in the tournament in 2017.  If not, hen yeah, it may be a few more years.  Can't believe I actually thought there was a chance we'd get both, or at least one of Qualls or Portis back.  Instead, both leave.  We got our one year of almost making it back to the Sweet 16, then get a huge punch in the gut with three players leaving, and now it's back to mediocrity.

Welcome to the life of a Razorback fan.

Jeffcphog

Is one NCAA tourney appearance in 5, 6 0r 7 years acceptable?  That may be what our discussion will be in the future.  The trouble with one and done or two and done players is you better have the same coming in after they are gone.

cypert2

You're right, the sky's not falling. MA ought to get another NCAA tourney win in 2017.
Swinging on the two and the four.

Kevin

Quote from: cypert2 on April 15, 2015, 07:00:22 pm
You're right, the sky's not falling. MA ought to get another NCAA tourney win in 2017.

Hope the practice facility has recruited some great players by then
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Kevin on April 15, 2015, 07:14:29 pm
Hope the practice facility has recruited some great players by then

Indeed Kevin! We have to get stars and right now we have none

code red

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on April 14, 2015, 01:20:45 pm
>:(

Really!?

You guys on here crack me up!  Bobby Portis is one player, he is not the team.

We will be better next year.  We may not win as many games but we will be better come tournament time.

Relax..
Put your house on it...I will take that bet.  By the way...I wouldn't if I were you.  LOL.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: code red on April 15, 2015, 09:44:21 pm
Put your house on it...I will take that bet.  By the way...I wouldn't if I were you.  LOL.

There is no way this team is better next year. Your thinking as a fan ans not being realistic

code red

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on April 14, 2015, 01:23:25 pm
Are you serious? I have doubts we even make the tourney.
We won't make the tourney...we won't win 20 no way.  Look at the classes UF and Auburn are putting together.  Heck look at A&M....they are going to be loaded for bear next year....no pun intended.  Problem at UofA is that we needed a clear slate.  You can't really expect to draw a big time 1 and done recruit with our 2 best leaving and no support of any kind to draw interest.   Dang......just proves how great a job Mike is doing but this project is years upon years before we reap benefits.  Losing a in State recruit today just points it out.  Quite possibly....this is a football town with a basketball problem.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 15, 2015, 09:47:34 pm
There is no way this team is better next year. Your thinking as a fan ans not being realistic
Ahhhhh...yeah ummmmm....think that's what I said???? 

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: code red on April 15, 2015, 09:54:12 pm
Ahhhhh...yeah ummmmm....think that's what I said???? 

Sorry code red. I forgot to put I agree first ! 😉