Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis to the NBA

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, April 14, 2015, 12:16:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HSVhogfan2

Congrats to Portis! Even though he told a couple of coaches before the SEC Tourny he was staying, it never made sense to me for him to stay. I am glad he took the emotion out of it and made a good business decision.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

40MINSOFHELL

Now we got guard play and no inside game.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on April 14, 2015, 12:49:08 pm
so who scores inside now? I don't see Moses being that guy.

Hes irreplaceable.  will take a group to step up their game to replace the production.

Quote from: Breems on April 14, 2015, 12:47:37 pm
Never have I been more sad to see a player leave.

Portis brought this program back from the grave. He gave us an awesome season. Congrats and best wishes in the NBA.

Qualls is gone too. We might as well wait on the sun to rise.
Why so convinced about Qualls? I'm holding out hope there.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: -Blu on April 14, 2015, 12:51:43 pm
Maybe Kapita, if fully healthy, scouts are really high on him.  My assumption is we'll bring another recruit in.  Hoping for a top JUCO that can make an immediate impact, I would hope the staff had a plan if he left.

We need a graduate transfer so that guy can play immediately and it opens up another scholarship in 2016 for recruiting

40MINSOFHELL

If Qualls leaves then I'm going to be sick.

WhatsitHOGabout

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on April 14, 2015, 12:45:07 pm
Congrats portis!!! But we're an NIT team now

LOL!!  Yep you're right no one else on the team can score.

Kevin

thanks for the 2 years, and i hope for big success in your future, Mr Portis.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DeltaBoy

Best of Luck and thanks for the Memories.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogball33

Thepigdoctor

Good luck Bobby, it was a pleasure watching you grow and be such a wonderful Razorback, you'll go down as one of the best to wear the uni.

In related news, I feel like a fat girl on prom night.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on April 14, 2015, 12:59:52 pm
If Qualls leaves then I'm going to be sick.

Might better go get some Dramamine.  ;)
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

HappyHogFan

Who could blame the guy?

Next!!

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 14, 2015, 01:27:52 pm
Who could blame the guy?

Next!!
That's the problem, who is next?

TheRazorbackGuy

MAL3

40MINSOFHELL

HappyHogFan

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 01:31:11 pm
Rebuilding is next.

Do we have a 6'10" SEC POTY who disappears in the post season on campus? No, but we have a damn fine team and players leave every year.

Would you rather be in a position where none of Mike's players ever had to decide whether they were going to leave early for the NBA?

Mick Hogger

Thank you Bobby!   Go Hogs!
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 14, 2015, 01:36:45 pm
Do we have a 6'10" SEC POTY who disappears in the post season on campus? No, but we have a damn fine team and players leave every year.

Would you rather be in a position where none of Mike's players ever had to decide whether they were going to leave early for the NBA?

Uncalled for.

Nosboar Accubond

Damn... All I can say is as soon as he is drafted I will immediately become a fan of that team. Thank you Bobby for everything you've given us Hog fans these past two years. You're irreplaceable and will be missed! Wish you all the best in the NBA!

WPS

HappyHogFan

TRUHOG718

Thanks for everything Bobby P. You put us back on the map and gave us 90's feeling again. Good luck to you.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 14, 2015, 01:36:45 pm

I have no problem w rebuilding. I'm kinda ready to see some new players on campus. Nothing negative to Mike. All of Pels recruits are gone now even though we only had one on campus and we got a 1st round NBA draft pick will only help recruiting. Being in rebuilding mode one year doesnt mean the sky is falling.

fsmhogfan

Good luck Bobby! Glad you were a Hog! I think that long term this will be good for the program. Having guys mature and get to the league looks good to future recruits! We will have to have players like Kingsley and Thompson step up. Hopefully Kapita can come in and contribute right away so we can continue to move forward.

We will have a tougher time next year if we lose Qualls. That would leave a huge hole in leadership and returning scoring.Also, he still has some things to work on (like ball handling) to make himself more ready for the jump, whereas Portis' game is ready. He just needs to keep getting stronger.

Hawg Red

Draft Express has Bobby going #18 to the Houston. Perfect scenario for me as a Rocket fan. I think Portis goes in 16-23 range.

Pigsfeat

Wishing a great NBA career for you Mr. Portis! Thanks for the love, sweat and blood you have given for the Hogs!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

HappyHogFan

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 01:42:08 pm

I have no problem w rebuilding. I'm kinda ready to see some new players on campus. Nothing negative to Mike. All of Pels recruits are gone now even though we only had one on campus and we got a 1st round NBA draft pick will only help recruiting. Being in rebuilding mode one year doesnt mean the sky is falling.

We're talking about ONE guy here, and we proved we could win without him playing super this year, these guys are going overboard. Everything will be fine.

Like I said, the alternative is never losing guys to the NBA.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 01:43:32 pm
Draft Express has Bobby going #18 to the Houston. Perfect scenario for me as a Rocket fan. I think Portis goes in 16-23 range.

HawgRed, what is Bobbys net worth of his rookie contract if taken in that part of the 1st round?

Hawg Red

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on April 14, 2015, 01:45:26 pm
HawgRed, what is Bobbys net worth of his rookie contract if taken in that dance of the 1st round?

At pick number 18, the total value of his rookie contract (all options picked up) would be around 8 million. Tyler Ennis was the 18th pick in 2014 and the total value of his contract was $7,653,667. Cap goes up each year and the rookie contracts go up slightly with it.

Boardon Hamsay

Smart choice, IMO, for Bobby. Good luck to him and WPS!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

HappyHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 01:49:26 pm
At pick number 18, the total value of his rookie contract (all options picked up) would be around 8 million. Tyler Ennis was the 18th pick in 2014 and the total value of his contract was $7,653,667. Cap goes up each year and the rookie contracts go up slightly with it.

Yeah $8M , you take that money. Easy choice.

gmarv

thanks and good luck bobby.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 01:49:26 pm

HawgRed, all the fans crying would take 8 mil to leave and not eat at the union on campus and live in Walton Hall. Its a no brainer for Bobby

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 14, 2015, 01:41:20 pm
Facts are uncalled for? That's odd.
In 5 post season games, BP averaged 15.2 points and had 10.4 rebounds.  I wish all of our players would disappear in this manner.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 14, 2015, 01:41:20 pm
Facts are uncalled for? That's odd.

Saying he disappeared is not a fact. He averaged a double double. Did he play at his best? Probably not, but he did not disappear. The way you talked about him, you completely dismissed everything he's done for the program, IMO.

RacinRazorback

Hate to see him go but you can't blame him. I am glad he was a Razorback, he was a huge part in getting the program back on track. Good luck! WPS!

PorkRinds

I'm hearing people say if Portis doesn't get an agent he has a chance to come back to college?  Can anyone fill me in on why this is not true?  I don't think it is, but I'm not up on the rules enough to know why.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2015, 02:08:21 pm
I'm hearing people say if Portis doesn't get an agent he has a chance to come back to college?  Can anyone fill me in on why this is not true?  I don't think it is, but I'm not up on the rules enough to know why.
He's projected in top 20, he isn't taking his name out
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

riccoar

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 14, 2015, 01:51:13 pm
Yeah $8M , you take that money. Easy choice.
He's taking $3M, if grabbed at 16.  Only those first two years are guaranteed money.  That $8M only comes into play if all options are picked up.  It really is a no brainer for him.  The only thing is if he falls late 20's to 30 first round you could have an argument that another year would have raised his stock and money.

Hawg Red

Because the NCAA deadline for players who have declared to withdraw and be eligible to play in the NCAA is today.

EDIT: Has not already passed. Is today.

riccoar

I think there is a pull back date, but not sure which date it is.

Hawg Red

Quote from: riccoar on April 14, 2015, 02:10:45 pm
He's taking $3M, if grabbed at 16.  Only those first two years are guaranteed money.  That $8M only comes into play if all options are picked up.  It really is a no brainer for him.  The only thing is if he falls late 20's to 30 first round you could have an argument that another year would have raised his stock and money.

That's what I stated when I posted the total value, that the 8 million included all options being picked up. And they usually are. Overwhelming majority of 1st round picks seen the full maturity of their rookie contract.

Hawg Red

Quote from: riccoar on April 14, 2015, 02:11:55 pm
I think there is a pull back date, but not sure which date it is.

It's today. He'd had to withdraw today, the same day he announced he's declaring.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 14, 2015, 12:52:41 pm
Hope he goes to a great team. Please not the Fakers.
Love BP but I don't think he is what we need.

rzrbackramsfan

Congratulations Bobby. Thanks for choosing Arkansas and representing the U of A!!! Can't wait to play as you in 2k!

hawgmasta

Congrats to bobby! I hope he goes as high as possible to help recruiting!

Sharky

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 14, 2015, 12:24:53 pm
The anti-Mike crowd just got some ammo. Lets see if some of them come out of hiding to project doom and gloom for the future.

That's not true. I'm not a huge CMA fan, but if he's a decent coach, he's putting lots of players in the NBA. There was never really any chance that Portis was staying. There just wasn't much point other than school glory, and while that's awesome, real people have real families and real dreams beyond college.

Razorback_Mack

Thanks for the 2 years bobby! Above the talent, I loved your effort. Great decision! Go develop your game and get paid while you're doing it!

Hawg Red

Quote from: Sharky on April 14, 2015, 02:43:04 pm
That's not true. I'm not a huge CMA fan, but if he's a decent coach, he's putting lots of players in the NBA. There was never really any chance that Portis was staying. There just wasn't much point other than school glory, and while that's awesome, real people have real families and real dreams beyond college.

Umm...

Demare Carroll, Phi Pressey and Bobby Portis isn't "lots." It's 3.