Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Banquet Updates

Started by chiefhawg, April 13, 2015, 08:20:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefhawg

jry04

I think the banquet is over. No announcement=1 or both of them is gone.

Big Nasty 34

I want my money back....

EastMemphisHog

chiefhawg

Welp it's done.

See you around HV. I am going to have a glass of iced tea.

chiefhawg

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2015, 09:08:00 pm
No.... They have not declared. So they are staying.

dsgreen

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 13, 2015, 09:10:52 pm

They still have a couple weeks.  Until the 26th or so.

onebadrubi

The deadline to declare has not passed.

latrops

Quote from: dsgreen on April 13, 2015, 08:55:58 pm
He'd make a great tight end.

He has the body and athleticism for it.  Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, and Jimmy Graham were all college basketball players, though only Gates played basketball only.

jry04

They do not have to declare for almost 2 weeks. Most feel if they were both returning, they would announce tonight much like BJ Young did after his freshman year. If one or both are leaving, they will announce at a different time. We will have to wait and see, but I feel confident in saying at least 1 is gone, now.

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2015, 09:13:12 pm
They do not have to declare for almost 2 weeks. Most feel if they were both returning, they would announce tonight much like BJ Young did after his freshman year. If one or both are leaving, they will announce at a different time. We will have to wait and see, but I feel confident in saying at least 1 is gone, now.
I would agree. Damn

MB Hog

I just don't know.  Maybe they didn't want the basketball banquet to be about them... just about the team.  It would have certainly brought the house down for them to say they were staying, but maybe they didn't want to take the focus away from what they all accomplished together.

That may be a stretch, but I think it is a possibility.

chiefhawg

I know. Just a positive lament.

Not a good sign it would seem.

-Blu

Yep.  It would have been weird for 1 to announce and other didn't.  But, I agree no announcement almost confirms at least one is gone.  We also may have to speculate that both could be gone.

TexArkHogFan

There may not be a press conference.  You might keep up with their Twitter feed as you could hear it there first.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Danny J

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 13, 2015, 09:11:39 pm
The deadline to declare has not passed.
Correct.....however if they do declare they can't pull their names back out as that deadline has passed.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

I need a freakin Xanax now!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

jry04

Wally Hall said expect an announcement tomorrow. If true, he is gone.

Marshfieldhog

Hopefully both return, neither one does and it's probably NIT bound

FreshHog

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2015, 10:41:44 pm
Wally Hall said expect an announcement tomorrow. If true, he is gone.

Wally Hall is a joke.

People need to just relax and let these kids make their decisions. It doesnt impact any of us.

Wisco Pig

"Dudley E. Dawson @Dedsports  ·  1h 1 hour ago
It's clear from talking to Coach Anderson that neither player has made an absolute  final decision. They don't have to until April 26."

jry04

Quote from: FreshHog on April 13, 2015, 10:51:24 pm
Wally Hall is a joke.

People need to just relax and let these kids make their decisions. It doesnt impact any of us.
I definitely agree he is a joke.

What we do on Hogville does not impact them. Also, their decisions do impact us. It is their decision, but as a season ticket holder, I have an interest in what they decide. If Bobby goes pro I will be a fan of whatever team he joins. However, as a ticket holder, I cannot help but think about how fun next season could be with those 2.

FreshHog

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2015, 10:58:26 pm
I definitely agree he is a joke.

What we do on Hogville does not impact them. Also, their decisions do impact us. It is their decision, but as a season ticket holder, I have an interest in what they decide. If Bobby goes pro I will be a fan of whatever team he joins. However, as a ticket holder, I cannot help but think about how fun next season could be with those 2.

I didnt say it wouldn't be great if they stayed.. It would be awesome... but at the end of the day it has no impact. It doesnt change your day to day life in any way... Will your tuesdays/thursdays/saturdays possibly be filled with more joy when we win? Sure... but it doesnt have any actual impact on us.

Just saying, no body but their families know anything about the situation, just sit back and relax and let these boys live their lives.

The Hogfather

Quote from: FreshHog on April 13, 2015, 11:01:38 pm
I didnt say it wouldn't be great if they stayed.. It would be awesome... but at the end of the day it has no impact. It doesnt change your day to day life in any way... Will your tuesdays/thursdays/saturdays possibly be filled with more joy when we win? Sure... but it doesnt have any actual impact on us.

Just saying, no body but their families know anything about the situation, just sit back and relax and let these boys live their lives.

Thanks, Dad.  I'll be home before midnight.

jry04

Quote from: FreshHog on April 13, 2015, 11:01:38 pm

Why get on a message board if you are not ok with fans being fans?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jry04 on April 13, 2015, 09:08:00 pm
That's how I see it too. I think it's likely they agreed to wait until after the banquet for one or both of them to drop the bomb.

To their credit, one thing that's been implied throughout this is that they want to come back and be Hogs. That may not be what's best for them and may not be what they ultimately decide, but it's what is driving them to consider this very seriously. They love being Razorbacks.

A guess as an outsider: Qualls is 50/50 to return is Portis is probably 20% to return.

TNhawgfan

I have been holding on to the rope so tight I've got blisters on my hands. But now that's changed. I hope I'm wrong but I fully believe they're both gone
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: TNhawgfan on April 14, 2015, 06:58:20 am
I have been holding on to the rope so tight I've got blisters on my hands. But now that's changed. I hope I'm wrong but I fully believe they're both gone
Then we'll be lucky to even make the NCAA next year.

gmarv

Quote from: hogfan14 on April 13, 2015, 08:57:22 pm
Thought he said he hated football lol
the worse day playing football is better than the best day of a real job.

TexArkHogFan

Or..........we could just believe what MA said that they are still weighing their options and haven't made their mind up yet.  They've got two more weeks.  Can Hogville wait that long or will it implode?
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

CDBHawg

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 14, 2015, 07:33:21 am
Or..........we could just believe what MA said that they are still weighing their options and haven't made their mind up yet.  They've got two more weeks.  Can Hogville wait that long or will it implode?

Has nothing to do with hogville.

The staff needs to know so they can recruit players they have every intention of signing. The longer they wait, the further we're behind, if they choose to leave.

code red

If it was good news for UofA...we would have heard it last night.  IMHO Portis would be smart to leave considering his lofty draft status.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Biggus Piggus

If they had good news, last night would have been the best time to deliver it.
[CENSORED]!

HoopS

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 14, 2015, 07:53:42 am
true. But if they were undecided, they'd have nothing to say last night.

bighog2255

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 14, 2015, 07:39:27 am
The staff needs to know so they can recruit players they have every intention of signing. The longer they wait, the further we're behind, if they choose to leave.

So MA needs an answer BEFORE their deadline from 2 guys who have poured their hearts and souls for this program for the last 2/3 years. Seems fair.

I would think MA knows better than anyone what they are likely to do. He is probably working on filling the 1 spot vacated by Babb transferring.

CDBHawg

Quote from: bighog2255 on April 14, 2015, 08:41:09 am
So MA needs an answer BEFORE their deadline from 2 guys who have poured their hearts and souls for this program for the last 2/3 years. Seems fair.

I would think MA knows better than anyone what they are likely to do. He is probably working on filling the 1 spot vacated by Babb transferring.

If he knows, then no big deal.

Rooka

That's what I am thinking. Taking a step back from all the speculation and looking at how long it has taken, it's obvious that this is something that they are giving alot of thought. They will make the right decision for themselves and that's exactly what they should do.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Rooka on April 14, 2015, 08:51:06 am
That's what I am thinking. Taking a step back from all the speculation and looking at how long it has taken, it's obvious that this is something that they are giving alot of thought. They will make the right decision for themselves and that's exactly what they should do.

Last night would have been a good time to deliver good news, but I think people are reading too much into the lack of any activity on this at the banquet.  Hogville created some internal hype about the banquet, and now we have a self-created paranoid letdown to deal with since nothing happened. 

Stepping back into the real world, it's possible they just didn't want to announce anything at the banquet.  Every scenario is still in play.  We still have posters with "sources" purporting to be in the know that every one of these scenarios is happening, although on the whole these people with sources more often are reporting that both are staying.  I find that hard to believe, but who knows.  The banquet doesn't mean anything one way or the other, I don't think.

Danny J

I agree......

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HoopS on April 14, 2015, 08:20:10 am
true. But if they were undecided, they'd have nothing to say last night.
[CENSORED]!

jry04

They people who have been claiming to have sources about Portis leaving have all said it would be announced today, with the banquet being out of the way. I would say no news today is good news, because it means what Anderson said may be true and not just coach speak.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: bighog2255 on April 14, 2015, 08:41:09 am

We have two commitments and two offers that I know of so that ought to tell you something.

bighog2255

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 14, 2015, 10:07:19 am
We have two commitments and two offers that I know of so that ought to tell you something.

Who are the two offers? And those "offers" might be conditional as well.

jry04

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 14, 2015, 10:07:19 am
Those two offers do not mean anything, though. We have 1 scholarship freed up with Babb, so having 1 other offer out could mean 1 is staying and 1 is going, or they could have told the recruits that they have an offer only if a scholarship frees up.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: jry04 on April 14, 2015, 10:14:11 am
Those two offers do not mean anything, though. We have 1 scholarship freed up with Babb, so having 1 other offer out could mean 1 is staying and 1 is going, or they could have told the recruits that they have an offer only if a scholarship frees up.

Tou are right, it may not mean anything other than the fact that MA is out recruiting.

Hawg Red

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 14, 2015, 10:21:39 am
According to Rivals, one is Troy Baxter, a 6'9" forward out of Florida and I can't remember the other one.  And, you are right, it may not mean anything other than the fact that MA is out recruiting.

Troy Baxter is a 2016 recruit.

TexArkHogFan

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2015, 10:22:41 am
Troy Baxter is a 2016 recruit.

Yeah, I just noticed that. 

jry04

Quote from: TexArkHogFan on April 14, 2015, 10:21:39 am
Tou are right, it may not mean anything other than the fact that MA is out recruiting.
He is 2016. We actually have 3 offers out. Melvin Frazier, and the 2 bigs who were offered in the last week or two. Although I am not sure anyone could confirm who has an hasn't officially been offered.

Hawg Red

Quote from: jry04 on April 14, 2015, 10:24:02 am
He is 2016. We actually have 3 offers out. Melvin Frazier, and the 2 bigs who were offered in the last week or two. Although I am not sure anyone could confirm who has an hasn't officially been offered.

Frazier, Alexander, and Dixson?