Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alandise Harris future?

Started by MB Hog, April 03, 2015, 03:34:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MB Hog

Anyone know whether Alandise Harris played football in high school?  I figure he can play some basketball overseas, but he really seems like one of those guys who could be a terrific tight end in the NFL, similar to Antonio Gates moving from basketball to football after college.

jackflash

If he sticks to basketball it will have to be overseas I think

PonderinHog

I read somewhere on Hogville that Alandise Harris said he doesn't care for football.  It must be true...

Hawg Red

There will be somewhere on the global that will pay him to play basketball. Not sure how much they'll pay him, but there will be a spot somewhere.

MB Hog

Yeah, I don't doubt he can play pro basketball somewhere.  It's just every time I see him on the court, I can't help but wonder what kind of tight end he could be in the NFL.  He has the size, speed, and athleticism.  Quick feet and good hands for his size.

He may not have any interest in football, but I bet he could get a tryout with some pro teams to get a feel for his potential.

chiefhawg

Alandise is into dog breeding. He spoke of it during his time on the Mike Anderson show at Sassy's. He seems really detailed about the process.

jgphillips3

Quote from: chiefhawg on April 03, 2015, 04:17:27 pm
Alandise is into dog breeding. He spoke of it during his time on the Mike Anderson show at Sassy's. He seems really detailed about the process.

Well, that is a lot better than Jason Henry's breeding program.

chiefhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on April 03, 2015, 04:32:55 pm
Don't want to touch that. But Alandise has some beautiful well cared for, well bred dogs.
alandise harris @alandiseharris  ·  Mar 30
Ceasar and I playing around @alandiseharris stud!!
https://instagram.com/p/04KfEEzEEz/

Dr. Starcs

Slow clapping for you sir.

MB Hog

Just saw on chiefhawg's update from the basketball banquet that Alandise Harris is in Dallas training for the NFL draft.  I knew I was on to something!   :)

jmingram911

I went to both middle and high school with alandise and can confirm that he did not ever play football at either

MB Hog

Quote from: jmingram911 on April 13, 2015, 09:14:43 pm
I went to both middle and high school with alandise and can confirm that he did not ever play football at either
Thanks.  It will be interesting to see what comes of his NFL try.  He certainly has the physical tools.

JoeyCapital

That, my friends, is what rapier-sharp wit looks like.

Well played, counselor.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Nipsey Mussle

I've been clamoring for him to try football for a long time. He's a great athlete and his height would actually be a positive in the nfl, as opposed to being a tweener in basketball.

MB Hog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 13, 2015, 11:28:10 pm
I've been clamoring for him to try football for a long time. He's a great athlete and his height would actually be a positive in the nfl, as opposed to being a tweener in basketball.
Yes.  And as thick as he is, that makes his quickness even more impressive.  To be able to play solid defense in our pressing style and to be able to block as many shots as he has at his tweener height, I imagine he will have some NFL teams excited to bring him in for a tryout.

BudweiserHog

Quote from: MB Hog on April 03, 2015, 03:34:15 pm
Anyone know whether Alandise Harris played football in high school?  I figure he can play some basketball overseas, but he really seems like one of those guys who could be a terrific tight end in the NFL, similar to Antonio Gates moving from basketball to football after college.
He did not play in HS. Hopefully it works out for him

redleg

According to Hawgs247, Harris wasn't at the Razorback basketball awards banquet, because he was in Dallas training for a go at a pro football career.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Awards-from-Arkansas-basketball-awards-banquet-36774136
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.