Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING NEWS: DANIEL STEGALL COMMITTS TO MIAMI

Started by BadDogGHSDogPound, January 22, 2006, 05:51:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Galleywinter

Happy for a local kid. He wont get much playing time in Miami, but will be on teams in the BCS most years. Being a kick holder on a championship team aint all bad, and hell. Its Miami. He can be there Dowell Loggins. Did I spell that right.

Galleywinter

gwddog

back 2 back 2 back

whatsshakinbacon

did somebody wake up palooza or what?  Welcome aboard brother!

Bacon out...

taintlint

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 22, 2006, 07:38:45 pm
Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on January 22, 2006, 06:28:33 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on January 22, 2006, 06:03:26 pm
I am so happy for him, and the fact that HDN has no ability to judge talent.......... unless he made an offer to him I never heard about........ NO, that didn't happen......

SMITE THIS!

good grief man, can you be more of a loser? with his list of schools being arkansas state, navy, and tulsa EVERYBODY on this board (yourself included) would say, "yea, he's a good athlete but isn't good enough to be an SEC QB." so now that miami jumps in people like you start saying that HDN has no ability to judge talent hahahahah give me a freakin' break
I hope we are smart enough to have went after more then just M.M.  Like the young man from Greenwood.  He is a Great ( rough around the edges, compaired to M.M ) but a Great QB.

FIRE HDN!! (  this is 1 of the many back in dec 05. )

YOU are a STUPID FRICKER!  I have many post on here about him. GO to my post up and go back to the ones in middle of Dec and see for yourself!

Why don't you post on things that you know about you wannabe miss knowitall!

Like how you SUCK!!!  or that you only read the post in BIG WORDS.....

or maybe how Your Mommy still gives you a bath! Post on the things that you know about and leave the things of mine alone!

And on the HDN judging talent...

D.mac only has 1 carry in the vandy game  ???    RoJo keeps the starting job over C.D because he hands off better ...  ??? 

You need to go post on a board that really stupid people get to post on....  wooo... something or other!

WOOO as in what your dog does when say come to daddy!

Dumb stupid fricker!

SMITE THIS!!

Hogapalooza, with the merit of your last post totally to the side, are you 12? I do not think I have heard such a terrible attempt to verbally slander someone since......well..........maybe the 2nd grade. That really was horrible. Not "horrible" in the sense that you had the verbal agility to man handle someone with lots of accurate aggression but "horrible" in the sense that it almost sounded like a 12 year old boy in SpiderMan tightie whities just snagged your keyboard and started slinging out playground insults. Fine, your pants get tight for ASU's old 2nd string/Miami's new scout team QB. Congrats. Guess what? He is not coming here so who cares? If you choose to slander me, do a better job than you did to the poor soul above.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on January 22, 2006, 08:00:20 pm
did somebody wake up palooza or what?  Welcome aboard brother!

Bacon out...
He just had to straighten out some youngsters!!

ArrDee

I am an Arkansas fan but let me tell you some of you people need to grab a reality grip.

Daniel will go to Miami and he has a chance to become a very successful Quarterback. We will never know if he could've gotten the same hoopla MM got, that is stupid to try and relate the two together.

For all of you downing Daniel, check yourself, did you down Mustain when he decommitted? As Arkansas fans we all need to sit back and realize we are throwing hopes, dreams, and aspirations of football glory on one kid's shoulders when he hasn't thrown 1 D-1 Collegeiate level pass.

I will laugh if MM fails and Stegalls excels and I will be back here to tell of you how stupid you looked when you downed Daniel.

Go Hogs/Canes!

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on January 22, 2006, 08:03:24 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on January 22, 2006, 07:38:45 pm
Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on January 22, 2006, 06:28:33 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on January 22, 2006, 06:03:26 pm
I am so happy for him, and the fact that HDN has no ability to judge talent.......... unless he made an offer to him I never heard about........ NO, that didn't happen......

SMITE THIS!

good grief man, can you be more of a loser? with his list of schools being arkansas state, navy, and tulsa EVERYBODY on this board (yourself included) would say, "yea, he's a good athlete but isn't good enough to be an SEC QB." so now that miami jumps in people like you start saying that HDN has no ability to judge talent hahahahah give me a freakin' break
I hope we are smart enough to have went after more then just M.M. Like the young man from Greenwood. He is a Great ( rough around the edges, compaired to M.M ) but a Great QB.

FIRE HDN!! ( this is 1 of the many back in dec 05. )

YOU are a STUPID FRICKER! I have many post on here about him. GO to my post up and go back to the ones in middle of Dec and see for yourself!

Why don't you post on things that you know about you wannabe miss knowitall!

Like how you SUCK!!! or that you only read the post in BIG WORDS.....

or maybe how Your Mommy still gives you a bath! Post on the things that you know about and leave the things of mine alone!

And on the HDN judging talent...

D.mac only has 1 carry in the vandy game ??? RoJo keeps the starting job over C.D because he hands off better ... ???

You need to go post on a board that really stupid people get to post on.... wooo... something or other!

WOOO as in what your dog does when say come to daddy!

Dumb stupid fricker!

SMITE THIS!!

Hogapalooza, with the merit of your last post totally to the side, are you 12? I do not think I have heard such a terrible attempt to verbally slander someone since......well..........maybe the 2nd grade. That really was horrible. Not "horrible" in the sense that you had the verbal agility to man handle someone with lots of accurate aggression but "horrible" in the sense that it almost sounded like a 12 year old boy in SpiderMan tightie whities just snagged your keyboard and started slinging out playground insults. Fine, your pants get tight for ASU's old 2nd string/Miami's new scout team QB. Congrats. Guess what? He is not coming here so who cares? If you choose to slander me, do a better job than you did to the poor soul above.

Thrilbilly, "he has to straighten out some youngsters"!?!? Did you read the same post I did? I am guessing that the age group on this thread is either below 14 or above 45. If you fit in either group then you probably get easily excited by really lame attempts at being witty and are easily aroused by your ability (or inability) to use "cool" and "hip" insults.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: taintlint on January 22, 2006, 06:50:24 pm
WHO GIVES A CRAP?!!?!?!?!?!?!!? No one wanted this kid until Miami snagged him. None of you were stroking him while he was an ASU commitment and had we offered him, most of you would be making fun of the fact that his other choices were ASU, Oral Roberts, Texas El Paso, and Pulaski Tech. Many of you are pathetic. Pick a damn stance and stay there. Either it's ok to go after kids who have offers from only crappy schools or it's not. I'm going to go and vomit now that I have realized the time I have wasted on this board.

I couldnt agree more.

WichitaStateRazorback

whatsshakinbacon

palooza's no idiot - you may not always agree with him....but he's no idiot.

Bacon out...

HawgLover08

HAHA, this is great. I am a huge Indian hater in Jonesboro, surrounded by Indian fanatics and Hog haters.

WichitaStateRazorback

The way he(hogapaloza) presented his argument was the most ignorant way I have ever seen someone try to prove a point.

Thrilbilly

I thought the post was funny. You can't bash a guy when a post is this entertaining. I loved the Miss Wannabe.......

pbjones81

January 22, 2006, 08:22:08 pm #64 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:25:58 pm by pbjones81
All I want to know is WHY is this thread 2 pages long?  who cares that an ASU commit changed his mind to go to UM?  Its completely redundant to us because he was never in the picture at UA anyway.  nothing against stegall (Im sure he's a decent player), Miami, or ASU, but i just dont see how this news should even matter to us hog fans.  can we just stop the personal jabs, and lock this thread?

TheSportsGuy

hogapalooza lost my vote. 

it looks like they are signing him as an insurance policy with another commit leaning towards signing with penn state instead.  he will have to wait at least two years because of wright.  in that time, one or two 5-star quarterbacks wil robably sign there because it is miami (hope not).  i hope he can go and compete, but am afraid he will end up a career backup.  if he went to ark. state, he could start and get a lot more notoriety because he would probably be a start there.  i hope for the best for him, but it sounds like another "will hunt" situation to me.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: TheSportsGuy on January 22, 2006, 08:22:24 pm

it looks like they are signing him as an insurance policy with another commit leaning towards signing with penn state instead. he will have to wait at least two years because of wright. in that time, one or two 5-star quarterbacks wil robably sign there because it is miami (hope not). i hope he can go and compete, but am afraid he will end up a career backup. if he went to ark. state, he could start and get a lot more notoriety because he would probably be a start there. i hope for the best for him, but it sounds like another "will hunt" situation to me.

On the bench(beach) at Miami or playing at Jonesboro....Damn that would be a tough choice,,,NOT

taintlint

Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 22, 2006, 08:22:05 pm
I thought the post was funny. You can't bash a guy when a post is this entertaining. I loved the Miss Wannabe.......

I think that is where the problem lays. "Miss Wannabe" is funny to you. "Miss Wannabe"!?!? Ok.......is poo poo head and stinky butt funny to you also? His whole post looked like it should be written in crayon and then you jump in and laugh at his pointless ramblings splattered with 2nd grade level insults. Come on.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: taintlint on January 22, 2006, 08:28:16 pm
Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 22, 2006, 08:22:05 pm

I think that is where the problem lays. "Miss Wannabe" is funny to you. "Miss Wannabe"!?!? Ok.......is poo poo head and stinky butt funny to you also? His whole post looked like it should be written in crayon and then you jump in and laugh at his pointless ramblings splattered with 2nd grade level insults. Come on.

Dude, if this is all you got to rage about you must lead a charmed life elsewhere.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 22, 2006, 08:25:37 pm

it looks like they are signing him as an insurance policy with another commit leaning towards signing with penn state instead. he will have to wait at least two years because of wright. in that time, one or two 5-star quarterbacks wil robably sign there because it is miami (hope not). i hope he can go and compete, but am afraid he will end up a career backup. if he went to ark. state, he could start and get a lot more notoriety because he would probably be a start there. i hope for the best for him, but it sounds like another "will hunt" situation to me.

On the bench(beach) at Miami or playing at Jonesboro....Damn that would be a tough choice,,,NOT
I'd rather play then ride the pine anyday..no matter what school it is.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: BigNasty56187 on January 22, 2006, 08:32:58 pm
Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 22, 2006, 08:25:37 pm

I'd rather play then ride the pine anyday..no matter what school it is.

Your are really right. The kid must have some confidence in himself if he considered the competition he will have at Miami.

pfrg999

hell He may do great... i hope he leads then to the No. 2 ranking right behind US.... CONGRATS
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Athog

It is so ironic that now people are blaming Nutt for getting Mustain and not Daniel. Obviously there was not enough room for both. Who would you rather have??? I know who I would rather have.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: Athog on January 22, 2006, 08:45:54 pm
It is so ironic that now people are blaming Nutt for getting Mustain and not Daniel. Obviously there was not enough room for both. Who would you rather have??? I know who I would rather have.
I don't think anyone wants to trade Mustain for Stegall.

(notOM)Rebel123

The Parade Magazine National Player of the year or Stegall?....I'll take MM but hope Stegall succeeds wherever he goes.
People were bashing Nutt for possibly losing MM...now, they are on him for not recruiting Stegall? What a joke!
Where's the outcry over Stegall "de-committing" to an "in-state" school?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Sonofahog

Quote from: Rebel123 on January 22, 2006, 08:52:48 pm

Where's the outcry over Stegall "de-committing" to an "in-state" school?

An in-state school that NO ONE cares about.  That is where the outcry is.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

clemensrules01

yeah seriously no one cares about arkansas state.

Mike Tencleve

I find it funny that some of you people will do what you can to take a cheap shot at HDN. If Daniel Stegall does well in Miami great, and i would love for him to do just that. Lets not cut down HDN for Miami in the recruiting world taking a big chance. This kid is a TWO star player. I know Houston messed up because before Miami jumped in on him the Big time programs like Arkansas State, Navy and Tulsa were on him hard. Give me a  break. Wow i guess we didn't want the qb that we got and wanted Stegall instead. That is funny.

ballhog™

January 22, 2006, 09:07:55 pm #78 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 10:07:36 pm by ballhog
It seems the connection came from Miami's new qb coach.  He was at Lous. Monroe, that also recruited Stegall.  It looks like the coach was brought in the install a spread offense which Stegall ran in high school.  I was just suprised that when it looked like Mustain might not comitt, he wasn't considered as a back up plan, instead of the kid from Alabama.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Rzrbckr

Quote from: cowhead on January 22, 2006, 06:25:07 pm
Good enough for Miami, but not good enough for HDN. Said on the hurricane site that he can also play receiver and has real good moves. We are over here foaming at mouth over all these kids that we no nothing about and here we had a great athlete right here in our back yard. He must be from the wrong side of the tracks I guess!! Good Luck Daniel!!!!!!!!
Arkansas was recruiting him.     NR    Daniel Stegall
(Greenwood HS)
Greenwood, AR   6-2/180/4.55  Air Force, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Navy, Arkansas, Texas A&M 

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: ballhog on January 22, 2006, 09:15:08 pm
Arkansas was NOT recruiting him.

You are correct...according to Rivals.  Stegall has shown interest in Arkansas, but there was not a scholarship offer on our behalf.

Bacon out...

Oliverhogman

I heard that Arkansas called him a few weeks ago and asked if he had seriously committed to anyone yet.

His problem with Arkansas was that he made it clear that he was going to play football AND baseball where ever he went.

Heard that he tried out with the Chicago Whitesox a while back.  Have not heard how that went though.

Highway Hog Sign

For what it's worth, Stegall isn't even listed on Arkansas's post season Top 15.  Miami fans seem pessimistic about it and I'm not surprised.  He's a good player but if you haven't seen him play, hearing that your perennial Top-10 program just got the commitment from a 2 start QB from Arkansas, (who wasn't even recruited by the UofA), would be a little disapointing.

Still, good luck to him and Miami.  I'm sure Coach Roberts is pretty upset about this one.   :razorback:
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

CorningHog

It is okay to miss on some players every now and again, but I will admit that this guy impressed me when I saw him play Wynne in the '04 AAAA Champ game.

We will just have to trust Gus as knowing more about the situation and maybe there is more to the story than we will ever know.

The crapshots on HDN is uncalled for.  Had he signed with ASU and gone on to the NFL for a long career like some other small schools we may have heard something 5 or more years from now.  NOW, since he may sign with Miami, FL, and the former coach of ULM who knew about him, gets him at Miami, mainly because their QB signees or recruits are defecting and people want to complain about HDN and his recruiting.

We obviously did our evaluations prior to the season starting.  This kid was right in NW Arkansas.  He has been around for a few years and it is surely realistic to believe that Gus Malzahn did not feel it was necessary to sign two QB's this year.  Had Daniel been so good in Gus' eyes that it was necessary to sign two for the sake of improving the QB situation at Arkansas in the long run, it would have been done.

Let's trust Gus and HDN and others on Arkansas' staff and wait to see how things turn out.  We have Mitch Mustain the #1 rated QB in the COUNTRY for crying out loud.

Complain, complain, complain....over and over and over....it is so old.

By the way, CONGRATS to Daniel Stegall.  I for one think you will be a very good QB at Miami or wherever you end up!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

whatsshakinbacon

At one point we were all talking about a possible transfer from a smaller Missouri school at QB.  What happened to him and could his coming to Arkansas be playing a role in our non-interest in Stegall?

Bacon out...

whatsshakinbacon

follow-up

His name is Nathan Emert from Missouri Southern (State?) University.  In November/December he was suddenly extremely important because of the MM wavering.

Bacon out...

Ugly Uncle

Taint...you are wrong.

There were more than just me saying we should go for Stegall during the Mitch saga.  We were vastly out numbered...but there were a few of us.  I even postted that I had talked to one of his coaches and said that Daniel was getting some late interest from some bigger schools.  He told me that had Stegall had the kind of talent around him that Mitch did, his numbers would have been out of this world.  That coach went on to say that he wasn't saying Stegall was as good as MM, but that he was better than most people thought.  That coach told me that he was "shocked" that Arkansas had shown no interest in him during the time that Mitch de-committed.  He believed that he was certainly better than the other kid we were recruiting at the time (one from Georgia or Alabama, I don't remember where).  I even posted just a couple of days ago that ASU got the steal of the century with him.

So, there were a few singing his praises.  Not everyone on here is a hypocrite.

I hope Daniel has GREAT success at Miami.
Retired Radio Host

ballhog™

HatfieldHog

How on earth is Miami recruiting a QB that has no recruiting ranking?  You go from all 3rd tier schools to the "U"?  This is crazy.   

This may be the strangest thing that I've ever seen in Ark. Recruiting.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

pbjones81

Quote from: HatfieldHog on January 22, 2006, 10:30:30 pm
How on earth is Miami recruiting a QB that has no recruiting ranking?  You go from all 3rd tier schools to the "U"?  This is crazy.   

This may be the strangest thing that I've ever seen in Ark. Recruiting.

See ya

yeah I know Im still waiting for everyone to say "Ah just kidding, we're just fcking with you all"

mikeirwin

Quote from: ballhog on January 22, 2006, 10:19:10 pm
i guess this thread is about to get moved.
I'm not going to move it yet because it is important when any local kid gets a offer to a school like Miami. However, those of you who are tying to turn this thread into a childish argument are going to get to sit in time out for a while if the bickering doesn't stop.

Thrilbilly

January 22, 2006, 11:50:34 pm #92 Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 11:53:48 pm by Thrilbilly
Quote from: ConwayHog on January 22, 2006, 11:06:18 pm
Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 22, 2006, 06:32:28 pm
What is wrong with signing two quarterbacks?

Who in their right mind is going to come hear with Mitch Mustain signed? Add to that Casey Dick started last year and has three years of eligibility. Some of you folks would gripe about anything. We don't need another QB. We need some more WR, DE, LB, and some lineman. Save the scholarship.

Dude you must be getting sleepy. This was in responce to the post above it that said we were not interested in Stegall because we could only sign one QB. I was not griping about anything I was just responding to the one QB thing. With Mort staying amd MM commited we do not need another at this time. So leave me out of your rants.

I thought that some schools did recruit more than one QB in a year. I guess you and others proved that wrong....ONLY ONE PER TEAM,,,lol

Coachjy

This doesn't make much sense. I mean congrats to Stegall but hope he enjoys riding the pine. He is a good 4A quarterback, but not Div I material. I watched him numerous games and he is a good athlete and would have been ok at a Div II school. He is not good at throwing the deep ball. Most of Greenwood's offense was him throwing short passes and letting his receivers making him look good.

10thPlanet

Smugged by the Hogs, happens to in State kids all the time, and signs with a D-1 team.Congrats, Daniel. Say hi to the Beach Babes for me!

Ugly Uncle

I hope Stegall gets his shot.  He is a great kid.  Would love to see Mitch and Daniel matched up in a BCS bowl someday.
Retired Radio Host

PorcineSublime

Congrats to Daniel. He deserves a shot in Miami. But even if he doesn't get it we all know how cool it would be to go to the U. Although the FB team has given them a bloody nose, they are one heck of an academic university. They have very stringent admission requirements for the general population.(nonathletes). Good luck to Daniel and stay away from South Beach. ;)
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

HaWg 10

"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

HogFather

Quote from: bosshawg38 on January 22, 2006, 06:18:37 pm
What does it matter to us? We're getting Mustain.

He can play any skill position on the field, not just quarterback.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: HawgLover08 on January 22, 2006, 08:18:28 pm
HAHA, this is great. I am a huge Indian hater in Jonesboro, surrounded by Indian fanatics and Hog haters.
Your mother must be very proud.... if you ever leave the Star Trek marathon in her basement that is.