Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Yurachek make a big splash?

Started by checkraiser88, March 16, 2018, 11:32:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 12:17:13 am
Mike in 7 seasons only has 1 more NCAAT game win than did Pel in 4.  I really could not care less about regular season results if the seasons keep ending the 1st weekend of the NCAAT. Do you think anyone cares that VA won more ACC games than anyone in history? Does anyone care that AZ won the Pac12?
EXACTLY

rude1

Quote from: 12247 on March 17, 2018, 01:21:43 am
Mike Anderson is like the Parents who have a rule book for the children thick as the family Bible but none of it is enforced.  Our players play if they want to and don't if they don't want to.  We have better talent than showed up today.  Our coach won't tear some ass up.  Even our best teams played if they chose to and didn't if they didn't feel like it.  Humans will be humans and one of the reasons coaches are necessary is to motivate, demand and get results or else.  And the else should not be pretty.  Mike will simply not do that and the results we have are the results we can expect.  Nothing will change.
This is what happens when you basically spend 7 years whiffing on talented players during recruiting, then you are forced behind the 8 ball to put your fate in a couple of Jucos, which is always a hit or miss proposition. They did enough to keep him employed, but basically he had no control over them because he recruits so poorly he had no one to replace them with no matter the effort they gave.

Razorpigg

Quote from: sooie dog on March 17, 2018, 11:14:52 am
Great season? You wouldn't know a great season if it slapped you in the face. What was so great about it?

Did I say they had a great season? I said that is the only thing Yuracheck was gonna tell him. All you goobers even acting like theres a chance something is done with Coach MA are only looking foolish for screaming it.

Pork Twain

Quote from: The Boar War on March 17, 2018, 04:13:23 am
Yesterday was bad (there's no doubt).  But if you want to equate the Heath and Pel eras with Anderson's tenure it's simply because you've forgotten how bad they really were.
Oh I have not forgotten, but I must have forgotten the at least one deep run at the NCAA that Houston has taken us on in the last seven years.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wooderson

Quote from: The Boar War on March 17, 2018, 04:18:46 am
After the football coaching search I have zero faith in anyone up there making a coaching hire.

Do y'all not see this.  We just hired a less than mediocre football coach.  What makes you think we can get a great basketball coach?  Now if you can pull an established coach, like a B Donovan, then you make the change.  If you are out searching for the next might be then you pass.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

razorback1829

This was the single most idiotic, unrealistic, and clueless thread on here. Only a moron would touch CMA right now.. praise the Lord y'all really have zero to do with the athletic program, cause we would be a laughingstock.

steveaustin69

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 26, 2018, 08:14:38 am
This was the single most idiotic, unrealistic, and clueless thread on here. Only a moron would touch CMA right now.. praise the Lord y'all really have zero to do with the athletic program, cause we would be a laughingstock.

You ok?

hogsanity

Quote from: Wooderson on March 26, 2018, 06:25:32 am
  If you are out searching for the next might be then you pass.

Every great coach was once " the next might be " every great coach was once an up and comer.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wooderson on March 26, 2018, 06:25:32 am
Do y'all not see this.  We just hired a less than mediocre football coach.  What makes you think we can get a great basketball coach?  Now if you can pull an established coach, like a B Donovan, then you make the change.  If you are out searching for the next might be then you pass.
You two can't be this dim...can you?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2018, 01:05:40 pm
Every great coach was once " the next might be " every great coach was once an up and comer.

Not every school hires an up and comer though. Kansas hasn't in decades. They have hired Big name head coaches or top assistants from other basketball royalty.

Kentucky hasn't hired an up and comer in forever.

You throw a non stop childish tantrum about our current results not being up to standards then turn right around and want to hire candidates from the same pool that mid majors pull from.

We are either big time or we are not. Which is it?

Rome26

Quote from: hogsanity on March 26, 2018, 01:05:40 pm

Every bad coach was also once an up and comer and it's way more of them than great coaches.

liljo

Quote from: Rome26 on March 27, 2018, 02:02:28 am
Every bad coach was also once an up and comer and it's way more of them than great coaches.

Well, if they were all great, great would be average.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Wooderson

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 26, 2018, 10:48:11 pm
You two can't be this dim...can you?

Dim in what way?  Instead of insults how about you post something of substance?
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rhames on March 17, 2018, 08:05:29 am

Having high expectations doesn't give you the right to talk trash to someone Twitter.

Unfortunately it does unless the owner of twitter says differently. It's that old constitutional free speech thing. Free speech is a right however it should in most situations be used in a respectful way.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pork Twain

Quote from: Wooderson on March 27, 2018, 07:00:47 am
Dim in what way?  Instead of insults how about you post something of substance?
It was just a question.  I think you might already answered it with previous posts though.

twistitup

HY prefers the cannonball - big splash
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

steveaustin69

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 27, 2018, 01:59:33 am
Not every school hires an up and comer though. Kansas hasn't in decades. They have hired Big name head coaches or top assistants from other basketball royalty.

You throw a non stop childish tantrum about our current results not being up to standards then turn right around and want to hire candidates from the same pool that mid majors pull from.

How did Self and Cal become big name head coaches?

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rhames

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 27, 2018, 07:32:43 am
Unfortunately it does unless the owner of twitter says differently. It's that old constitutional free speech thing. Free speech is a right however it should in most situations be used in a respectful way.

People who use Twitter to talk trash and say vulgar things to kids, or anyone for that matter, are trashy and need lives.

Could argue that the whole thing could cause mental harm so therefore it isn't a right.

Is bullying free speech? Harrassment?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Pork Twain

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2018, 08:48:19 am

People who use Twitter to talk trash and say vulgar things to kids, or anyone for that matter, are trashy and need lives.

Could argue that the whole thing could cause mental harm so therefore it isn't a right.

If they are doing those things, they can be reported and their accounts will go poof.  Nothing, to include speech, is actually free.  Especially not when you have to agree to terms of use and agree to follow policies.

I only got a Twitter account because of my kids but these adults that follow recruits and talk smack, are more than a little creepy.

liljo

I completely agree.

There have been many reports of kids having so much trouble with online harassment that they literally committed suicide. Yes, mental harm can certainly be caused, especially for those who are very well grounded to begin with (supportive family, for example).

When I was a kid, I was in a pretty unique situation that put a target to be bullied square on my chest. Wasn't anything I did, I was just born to parents who were teachers in the elementary school I attended. But, by the time I was in about the 3rd or 4th grade, I had learned to fight back. And I actually grew to really enjoy fighting back. But I had a major advantage. To "bully" back then, you had to do it in person. Now, I see people all the time "online" hurling insults at other posters. I have found that today's bullies are very brave--online. But in person-- the ones you see talking all the crap online-- I suspect that in person they are much milder with their language.

Like I keep saying. Come on out to WMS for the Spring Game. Let's put some faces to all these screen names. There are a lot of good folks on Hogville I would genuinely like to meet in person. Shake a few hands, talk a little football.

There are some others on here I would ALSO really like to meet, in person.

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Inhogswetrust

Harassment and free speech are not the same. I agree anyone saying things vulgar to kids is trashy. Saying it to an adult is different.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: liljo on March 28, 2018, 09:44:41 am
I completely agree.

There have been many reports of kids having so much trouble with online harassment that they literally committed suicide. Yes, mental harm can certainly be caused, especially for those who are very well grounded to begin with (supportive family, for example).

When I was a kid, I was in a pretty unique situation that put a target to be bullied square on my chest. Wasn't anything I did, I was just born to parents who were teachers in the elementary school I attended. But, by the time I was in about the 3rd or 4th grade, I had learned to fight back. And I actually grew to really enjoy fighting back. But I had a major advantage. To "bully" back then, you had to do it in person. Now, I see people all the time "online" hurling insults at other posters. I have found that today's bullies are very brave--online. But in person-- the ones you see talking all the crap online-- I suspect that in person they are much milder with their language.

Like I keep saying. Come on out to WMS for the Spring Game. Let's put some faces to all these screen names. There are a lot of good folks on Hogville I would genuinely like to meet in person. Shake a few hands, talk a little football.

There are some others on here I would ALSO really like to meet, in person.

Kids comittted suicide before the internet and computers were ever invented. I agree though that it is wrong to say things or type things about individuals that are not yet mature enough to handle it. But that has been going on forever.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 27, 2018, 01:59:33 am

Bill Self at Kansas did not come from any basketball royalty as a head coach. He was at Illinois when KU hired him. The closest he came to royalty was as an assistant at both KU and then OSU. He was considered an up and comer when KU called him to come back as the head coach.

liljo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 28, 2018, 11:27:33 am
Kids comittted suicide before the internet and computers were ever invented. I agree though that it is wrong to say things or type things about individuals that are not yet mature enough to handle it. But that has been going on forever.

Well, yeah, of course they did. Bullying has been going on forever, and many kids just can't handle it. It's just FAR worse now, with cameras everywhere and the whole online thing. FAR worse. No comparison. Kids have always had sex in high school (or earlier) but it's a fairly recent phenomenon that pictures taken by ex-boyfriends now show up online under names that are impossible to sort out. And those type things spread through social media in seconds. That's just one example.

Back in the day, at least there was an actual CHANCE for a face-to-face meeting. There was an actual CHANCE to respond to a bully straight up, and more than one bully afterwards wasn't such a bully anymore. I like to think some of them learned some valuable lessons that may have even changed the course of their life for the better. When they looked at themselves in the mirror and saw their half-torn off ear, or their nose that always pointed east, it was a nice little reminder to be a little kinder.

One thing that remains. There is NO FORCE in the life of junior-senior high kids that is more powerful than peer-pressure. The need to "fit in" is as strong as ever, and the ability to "point out" is MUCH greater. Online Courage.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: liljo on March 28, 2018, 11:48:52 am
Well, yeah, of course they did. Bullying has been going on forever, and many kids just can't handle it. It's just FAR worse now, with cameras everywhere and the whole online thing. FAR worse. No comparison. Kids have always had sex in high school (or earlier) but it's a fairly recent phenomenon that pictures taken by ex-boyfriends now show up online under names that are impossible to sort out. And those type things spread through social media in seconds. That's just one example.

Back in the day, at least there was an actual CHANCE for a face-to-face meeting. There was an actual CHANCE to respond to a bully straight up, and more than one bully afterwards wasn't such a bully anymore. I like to think some of them learned some valuable lessons that may have even changed the course of their life for the better. When they looked at themselves in the mirror and saw their half-torn off ear, or their nose that always pointed east, it was a nice little reminder to be a little kinder.

One thing that remains. There is NO FORCE in the life of junior-senior high kids that is more powerful than peer-pressure. The need to "fit in" is as strong as ever, and the ability to "point out" is MUCH greater. Online Courage.

I'm not sure it's any worse now. We simply see it more now with cameras everywhere. If anything it isn't as tolerated now as before. Used to society, parents, even teachers and other students would simply want the kid to suck it up or don't take it and fight back. If not that then the parent would literally get onto the other kids parent.

mhuff

Quote from: WMHawgfan on March 17, 2018, 11:36:12 am
i will answer that question with a question. Do you stick with CMA knowing this is the ceiling? Or do you roll the dice and go after an up and comer who may or may not do much better?

You can bad mouth Heath but CMA hasn't done any better. He just coached the style of play everyone seems to have to have.

I know he isn't going anywhere but we will see after next season when that no losing season streak gets threatened.

Streak will not come close to being threatened