Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verizon Arena - SOLD OUT

Started by razorhead94, December 15, 2017, 11:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogboarder

I tried to find two tickets last week for me and my 7 year old. Lower bowl was for sale for $120-200.

Mr. Porkleone

Great game is sold out. But Verizon needs some major upgrades like scoreboard, tv capibilities for out of staters and better audio and better floor. That court is ugly.

masondh

Its not already set up for TV like Bud Walton is. Yes, it CAN be done but ESPN or someone would have to set up a truck and put a lot more effort than is required for your standard SECN game in Bud Walton. Essentially its minimal effort in BW so every game is at least streamed. It has to be worth it to stream a game at Verizon

alohawg

What's the best way to listen online?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

WooPig90

Anyone ever try scalping at verizon? Able to go last minute but dont have any tickets, just wondering how the scalping scene is

HamIAm

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 16, 2017, 01:43:44 pm
Anyone ever try scalping at verizon? Able to go last minute but dont have any tickets, just wondering how the scalping scene is
Illegal

WooPig90

Quote from: HamIAm on December 16, 2017, 01:46:57 pm
Illegal

Not sure thats stopped people from doing it plenty of times lol

HamIAm

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 16, 2017, 01:50:37 pm
Not sure thats stopped people from doing it plenty of times lol

I'm sure. There have also been a few arrested.

There have also been fake tickets sold to events at Verizon in the past.

Good luck, hope you make it.

60 Minutes of Hell

Quote from: hobhog on December 16, 2017, 10:23:28 am
Wish it were like the old days-TV blackout unless sold out or near it.

Same here. And no weeknight games before 7.
What a fool I used to be.

ricepig

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on December 16, 2017, 01:00:45 pm
Great game is sold out. But Verizon needs some major upgrades like scoreboard, tv capibilities for out of staters and better audio and better floor. That court is ugly.

It isn't Verizon's position to upgrade their facilities for TV, they want tickets sold. The SEC TV contract doesn't allow for CST to pick up the broadcast, like they can for baseball, and the UofA doesn't have a satellite truck, no need for on campus productions.

1highhog

Quote from: HamIAm on December 16, 2017, 01:46:57 pm
Illegal

Ohh, you can do it.  Just be careful about it, I've seen a couple of people get arrested here and there at different events, but I used to see the same thing happen when tickets were in demand at WMS when we played LSU there, that's been quite a while ago though.

1highhog

Quote from: ricepig on December 16, 2017, 01:58:40 pm
It isn't Verizon's position to upgrade their facilities for TV, they want tickets sold. The SEC TV contract doesn't allow for CST to pick up the broadcast, like they can for baseball, and the UofA doesn't have a satellite truck, no need for on campus productions.

Exactly.   Back during Nolans heyday, so many games weren't on tv like they are now, I remember getting the calendar down and my schedule and making sure and checking the few games that were on tv, now, most of the whole season is on tv.  This to has hurt the attendance figures across the country.

East Clintwood

Quote from: John Snow on December 15, 2017, 11:53:07 pm
No Tv for the  North Little Rock game but Jeff Long made sure to give  his buddy a crazy buyout contract for  Brett Beilama but can't spend $40,000 on equipment to film the game. Hopefully the new athletic director gets this fixed and spends the money to show games in North Little Rock next year.

Or do it old school by renting the equipment from a TV station.  Channel 7 used to have this kind of equipment (mobile trucks) when they did the games.  I doubt they do anymore but surely others do.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HotlantaHog

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 16, 2017, 01:43:44 pm
Try Stubhub -- you won't get taken.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Ugly Uncle

I think they got their money's worth.
Retired Radio Host

factchecker

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 16, 2017, 08:53:03 pm
I think they got their money's worth.

I'd have Razorback ticket reps in the lobby selling mini packages for the rest of the season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DC HOGFAN

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 08:51:45 pm
https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/942223335253045249

What's with that hoopty video/scoreboard? Looks like it came out of someone's high school gym. And no ribbon displays along the fascia between the lower and upper bowls? Place reminds me of Barton Coliseum with an upper bowl.

1highhog

Quote from: DC HOGFAN on December 16, 2017, 09:06:25 pm
What's with that hoopty video/scoreboard? Looks like it came out of someone's high school gym. And no ribbon displays along the fascia between the lower and upper bowls? Place reminds me of Barton Coliseum with an upper bowl.

Verizon is an awesome arena, it's not a dedicated basketball arena like Bud Walton is, but it has other advantages over Bud Walton Arena.  It's great for concerts and it hosts many there so why would they need a new scoreboard for that or ribbon boards?   It sounds like you're just trying to start some GAD which is stupid, the Razorbacks only play one game there each year and not one person can say it cost the University alot to play there, it takes 3 games at Bud Walton Arena to make the crowd that I was apart of tonight, the crowd in Fayetteville will get better and fast because this team is great fun to watch, I think the paltry 4,000 to 5,000 crowds are over finally, and besides, conference play starts soon and the crowd always gets alot bigger then.

factchecker

December 16, 2017, 09:58:10 pm #71 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 10:09:06 pm by factchecker
Quote from: 1highhog on December 16, 2017, 09:42:23 pm
it takes 3 games at Bud Walton Arena to make the crowd that I was apart of tonight

There was 17k in Bud Walton vs. Minnesota

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/939676843694796800

16,416 tonight

It was a good crowd but there is no reason to stir crap.

ADD:  I do agree that Verizon is a great venue for multiple events.  I've seen concerts there and I took my nephew to a WWE event there a couple years back.  Great arena!
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hoglady

What's with all the complaining about the scoreboard??
It told me how much time was left, the score and the fouls.
Do you really need anything else??
I watch the game not the scoreboard.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hobhog

Quote from: hoglady on December 16, 2017, 10:07:16 pm
What's with all the complaining about the scoreboard??
It told me how much time was left, the score and the fouls.
Do you really need anything else??
I watch the game not the scoreboard.

Great game and environment, but they never had correct players on scoreboard to track fouls and points. It was bad.

1highhog

Quote from: factchecker on December 16, 2017, 09:58:10 pm
There was 17k in Bud Walton vs. Minnesota

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/939676843694796800

16,416 tonight

It was a good crowd but there is no reason to stir crap.

ADD:  I do agree that Verizon is a great venue for multiple events.  I've seen concerts there and I took my nephew to a WWE event there a couple years back.  Great arena!

I know how many were at Minnesota, that was a huge game so it attracted a huge crowd.  But I'm talking the weeknight games against the teams like we played tonight, very small attendance at those.  I'm not stirring crap, I just want us to get back to how it used to be and it is getting there, but the only way to have the great weeknight crowds is to blackout some of these games on TV, I am all for that.

theFlyingHog

You can't black out games that the TV people have so much money in

HogFansReunited

I know some people don't like having games in Little Rock but I think Macon and all the rest of the central and southern Arkansas players deserve a chance to play a little closer to home.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

hobhog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on December 16, 2017, 10:30:56 pm
I know some people don't like having games in Little Rock but I think Macon and all the rest of the central and southern Arkansas players deserve a chance to play a little closer to home.

It's perfect for the Holidays......

WorfHog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on December 16, 2017, 10:30:56 pm

IF that was what is most important to them they could transfer to UALR. One game a year at Verizon is fine, but I wish they'd find a way to get it televised.

hoglady

Quote from: hobhog on December 16, 2017, 10:14:56 pm
Great game and environment, but they never had correct players on scoreboard to track fouls and points. It was bad.

I agree on that - but that is/was an operator error not a problem with the scoreboard itself.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

rtr

Quote from: WorfHog on December 16, 2017, 11:00:46 pm
IF that was what is most important to them they could transfer to UALR. One game a year at Verizon is fine, but I wish they'd find a way to get it televised.
Bite your tongue. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

razorhead94

Terrible post man.  Arkansas is more than just Fayetteville.  It's what makes this school great and unique  I'm a U of A alumn also.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

HotlantaHog

'
Wasn't there NCAA first and second round games in Little Rock a few years back? Pretty sure they were televised. So don't think there is any reason they couldn't be. They decided not to...

hobhog

Quote from: hoglady on December 16, 2017, 11:13:48 pm
I agree on that - but that is/was an operator error not a problem with the scoreboard itself.

No doubt. They seemed to be struggling at the table.

razorback1829

Quote from: hobhog on December 17, 2017, 07:57:29 am
No doubt. They seemed to be struggling at the table.

I would assume that pretty much all our games are slated to go though ESPN/SEC Network and they don't roll around the big trucks anymore unless for football really. We have a studio in Bud Walton, and LR was not equipped to have a game on that network. My summation of the issue anyways.

1highhog

Sure, go and tell Mike Anderson that dude.  Tell him that Macon and Gafford, Beard, Hall, Garland, need to transfer to UALR because you don't think they should have the benefit of playing in front of their families, their hometown folk.  I added Gafford, he's from Eldorado, but that's just a bit down the road from Little Rock compared to Fayetteville.   CMA would have you thrown off campus if you came to him with that obnoxious request.

ricepig

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 17, 2017, 07:49:02 am
'
Wasn't there NCAA first and second round games in Little Rock a few years back? Pretty sure they were televised. So don't think there is any reason they couldn't be. They decided not to...

They, being the TV networks, decided not to televise the game. The university can put games on the SEC Network because they spent $7m upgrading the facilities on campus to do so. They aren't going to spend money for one game for a facility they don't own.

shown006

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 15, 2017, 04:55:18 pm
I think that's maximum capacity with seating on the floor for concerts. The most I recall in there for basketball was around 15,000.

Here are the TOP 3 attended Hog games at Verizon:

17,021 Dec. 22, 2001 Lost to No. 6 Oklahoma State 85-76
16,416 Dec. 16, 2017 Beat Troy 88-63
16,144 Dec. 30, 1999* Beat Centenary 73-55
WPS!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on December 16, 2017, 09:49:56 am
I don't think the arena is the reason it isn't televised.

My only complaint with Verizon is that somebody needs to power wash all that ugly white sheet metal near the top of the structure....

Lol! No kidding. It looks like a giant metal shop building.

The crowd deserves props though.

hawkhawg

Great game and great crowd. The central Arkansas kids ,especially Macon, really seemed hype to play there.

WorfHog

Quote from: 1highhog on December 17, 2017, 10:14:30 am
Sure, go and tell Mike Anderson that dude.  Tell him that Macon and Gafford, Beard, Hall, Garland, need to transfer to UALR because you don't think they should have the benefit of playing in front of their families, their hometown folk.  I added Gafford, he's from Eldorado, but that's just a bit down the road from Little Rock compared to Fayetteville.   CMA would have you thrown off campus if you came to him with that obnoxious request.

You are not understanding me. Those guys didn't come to Arkansas to play in Little Rock.

They come to Fayetteville to play for the Arkansas Razorbacks and Mike Anderson. The game is Little Rock is a nice perk for them, but if they decided to cancel it next year I don't think we'd lose a single player.

DeltaBoy

Heck boys step back and Remember that the Hogs used to play in Pine Bluff too.
This B¡¢πhing about anything done in Little Rock is past Old!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoglady

Quote from: HotlantaHog on December 17, 2017, 07:49:02 am
'

Yes there was an NCAA regional and the SEC Women's Basketball Tourney has been there a number of times. Both have been televised.