Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For everyone that keep bringing up how much BB makes

Started by hogsanity, November 10, 2017, 11:54:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoot72

Mullen makes 4.5 where he is -- it will take at least 5, probably more, to get him.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: hogsanity on November 10, 2017, 12:24:52 pm
Umm, unless I am mistaken, the only thing i have ever said about Nolan was that he got himself fired, and he should not have sued the school.

Well...son of a gun...I'm in full agreement.

mckinneyhog5

Norvell won't change our record here..but you guys keep begging for him as our next coach.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hogginbama

Quote from: SchrodingersHog on November 10, 2017, 01:25:21 pm
What we got was flank steak at filet mignon prices.

Have you looked at salaries across the conference? His pay ranks about 8 or 9 in the conference and that is where the team's performance level has been. Want top level coaching you have to be prepared to pay top dollar. We are paying a chuck eye steak price and getting results about equal to that. Can't compare his salary to that of the average burger flipper in Arkansas, you gotta compare it to the other folks in his chosen field.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

BigE_23

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 10:37:34 pm
Norvell won't change our record here..but you guys keep begging for him as our next coach.

Hogville in 2012: "James Franklin is nothing more than a rah rah coach that's all hype and no substance. We better not hire that clown."

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: BigE_23 on November 10, 2017, 10:51:21 pm
Hogville in 2012: "James Franklin is nothing more than a rah rah coach that's all hype and no substance. We better not hire that clown."
At least he had SEC experience and I had no problem with Franklin. Go ahead hire Norvell, people smarter won't do it. I've got a 16 old nephew that's been driving for two years..you wanna give him keys to a Ferrari?
Look at Herman at Texas making over 5 million and needs to win 2 out of next 3 to make a bowl game. He was the "hot" coach coming out of C-USA last year. I'm sure Norvell is different though...this is the SEC, big boy football, not C-USA.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

BigE_23

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 10:57:39 pm
At least he had SEC experience and I had no problem with Franklin. Go ahead hire Norvell, people smarter won't do it. I've got a 16 old nephew that's been driving for two years..you wanna give him keys to a Ferrari?
Look at Herman at Texas making over 5 million and needs to win 2 out of next 3 to make a bowl game. He was the "hot" coach coming out of C-USA last year. I'm sure Norvell is different though...this is the SEC, big boy football, not C-USA.

Ok.

We hired a guy with "big-boy" experience. How'd that work out?

Your assumption that Herman was going to turn around Texas in one season proves just how unqualified your opinion is on the matter. You wanna make a wager on where Texas is in 2 years?

Your theory works both ways. Urban Meyer coached in the Mac and Mountain West before coming to Florida. Gus was in the Sun Belt. Dan Mullen and Kirby Smart were both coordinators with no HC experience. Same with Jimbo Fisher and Dabo Sweeney. I could keep going, but maybe you get the idea...

I'm not 100% sold on Norvell as being "the guy" just yet...but I'm also not willing to overlook a resume simply because a fella hasn't coached in a power-5 conference. That's foolish.

mckinneyhog5

November 10, 2017, 11:36:26 pm #57 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:51:53 pm by mckinneyhog5
Quote from: BigE_23 on November 10, 2017, 11:14:00 pm
Ok.

We hired a guy with "big-boy" experience. How'd that work out?

Your assumption that Herman was going to turn around Texas in one season proves just how unqualified your opinion is on the matter. You wanna make a wager on where Texas is in 2 years?

Your theory works both ways. Urban Meyer coached in the Mac and Mountain West before coming to Florida. Gus was in the Sun Belt. Dan Mullen and Kirby Smart were both coordinators with no HC experience. Same with Jimbo Fisher and Dabo Sweeney. I could keep going, but maybe you get the idea...

I'm not 100% sold on Norvell as being "the guy" just yet...but I'm also not willing to overlook a resume simply because a fella hasn't coached in a power-5 conference. That's foolish.
Gus was OC at Auburn before HC. Kirby was DC at Alabama none of those guys were C-USA coordinators. Also, I'll take that bet on Herman at Texas. He won't get them above 8 wins before he's run out of town. Let these C-USA coaches go cut their teeth somewhere else. Also, I never said they had to be a head coach in a power 5 conference but if they hadn't I hope they have SEC experience like Gus or Kirby.

BigE_23

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 10, 2017, 11:36:26 pm
Gus was OC at Auburn before HC. Kirby was DC at Alabama none of those guys were C-USA coordinators. Also, I'll take that bet on Herman at Texas. He won't get them above 8 wins before he's run out of town. Let these C-USA coaches go cut their teeth somewhere else. Also, I never said they had to be a head coach in a power 5 conference but if they hadn't I hope they have SEC experience like Gus or Kirby.

Now you're just digging your heels in and being stubborn. Norvell has been an OC at two different P5 schools, so how's that different than Smart, Mullen, or Gus? Oh, because those guys were mighty SEC big-boy coordinators, right? Give me a break. If a guy can coach, he can coach. Period.

As for Herman - they'll win 8+ in year two, and 10+ in year three. He's a couple of plays away from sitting at 7 wins right now. You're letting your SEC bias cloud your judgement.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: BigE_23 on November 11, 2017, 12:15:18 am
Now you're just digging your heels in and being stubborn. Norvell has been an OC at two different P5 schools, so how's that different than Smart, Mullen, or Gus? Oh, because those guys were mighty SEC big-boy coordinators, right? Give me a break. If a guy can coach, he can coach. Period.

As for Herman - they'll win 8+ in year two, and 10+ in year three. He's a couple of plays away from sitting at 7 wins right now. You're letting your SEC bias cloud your judgement.
Well let's just search FBS schools or even High school then..Norvell will get ate up in the SEC. Luckily he won't be hired because the people making the decisions will hire a more qualified Coach. I'll ask just so I know what in the wold has Norvell done to reap so much praise and deserve 4 million a year and become HC of the hogs? He really hasn't turned Memphis around because they were good before he got there. So, what is it that makes him a must have?

Mike_e

Lowballing a coach or having more incentive clauses that a pup has fleas is like getting a ring out of a box of crackerjacks and then trying to find a woman that will take it as an engagement ring.

Sure you'll find one but are you really going to like what you get?

Stop worrying about the price and focus on the product.  If you can't pay for it you don't (generally) need it anyway.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

elksnort

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 10, 2017, 04:53:02 pm
Okay.......and your point is exactly what ??? I can promise you that every fan website, no matter what team, has it share of "whiners, those who constantly pontificate, followers and all kinds of other characters". It's the nature of the beast...duh! ::)
okay I'll give you the short version. I wonder if some of the people on here are as big of a pain in the ass in person as they are on the board?