Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 10:47:53 pm

John Chavis Blitz Packages

Started by Randy Beaver, January 24, 2018, 09:15:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Beaver

Do any of you guys that have studied John Chavis know how much he blitzes on defense or anything about his blitz packages?  My wife and I were talking this morning, and we just don't feel that we have blitzed enough under Bielema to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.  We came to this epiphany last night honestly.  One of my passions is going to yard sales on Friday and Saturday mornings.  A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to find a Sega Genesis and a whole shoe box full of games for $25.00 at a yard sale in Pea Ridge.  One of the games that my wife and I like to play right before bed is Bill Walsh's College Football.  Through playing that, I've discovered how effective blitzing at the college level can be.  My wife cannot score with me.  I blitz every time.  Now I do mix it up well.  Double safety blitz, blitz only one safety, corner blitz, different blitzes with my linebackers.  Sometimes I just sell out and bring the house running a punt block defense on 1st down!!  That always catches Evelyn by surprise!! Not only do we have lots of fun playing this game, it has helped us to get better sleep too.  Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game.  Scares them so much that they leave our bed and hide under the couch in the living room.  I am glad because those two are bed hogs.  Anyway, hopefully Coach Chavis understands the benefits of blitzing.  I penned a letter to him this morning welcoming him to Fayetteville and explaining to him my thoughts on using and disguising blitz packages.  Wooo Pig Soooie!!

Hog_Swanson

I for one, would LOVE to read the letter you wrote to Chavis.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

cmphill87

Was this post serious, because I honestly can't tell....Chavis is known for blitzing, not to mention A&M lead the country in sacks last year. Pretty sure he doesn't need advice from a cat owning expert Sega player. I mean starting a thread like this is ludicrous. darn I took the bait... :puke:
-Chrisky

Grizzlyfan

I ain't gonna lie, this made me laugh.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: cmphill87 on January 24, 2018, 09:26:48 am
Was this post serious, because I honestly can't tell....Chavis is known for blitzing, not to mention A&M lead the country in sacks last year. Pretty sure he doesn't need advice from a cat owning expert Sega player. I mean starting a thread like this is ludicrous. darn I took the bait... :puke:
Hook line and sinker.

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 24, 2018, 09:15:20 am
Do any of you guys that have studied John Chavis know how much he blitzes on defense or anything about his blitz packages?  My wife and I were talking this morning, and we just don't feel that we have blitzed enough under Bielema to put pressure on opposing quarterbacks.  We came to this epiphany last night honestly.  One of my passions is going to yard sales on Friday and Saturday mornings.  A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to find a Sega Genesis and a whole shoe box full of games for $25.00 at a yard sale in Pea Ridge.  One of the games that my wife and I like to play right before bed is Bill Walsh's College Football.  Through playing that, I've discovered how effective blitzing at the college level can be.  My wife cannot score with me.  I blitz every time.  Now I do mix it up well.  Double safety blitz, blitz only one safety, corner blitz, different blitzes with my linebackers.  Sometimes I just sell out and bring the house running a punt block defense on 1st down!!  That always catches Evelyn by surprise!! Not only do we have lots of fun playing this game, it has helped us to get better sleep too.  Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game.  Scares them so much that they leave our bed and hide under the couch in the living room.  I am glad because those two are bed hogs.  Anyway, hopefully Coach Chavis understands the benefits of blitzing.  I penned a letter to him this morning welcoming him to Fayetteville and explaining to him my thoughts on using and disguising blitz packages.  Wooo Pig Soooie!!

You're an idiot, but this is an all-time post. Well done, Beav.

steveaustin69

Do you ever have anything to actually contribute or just made up stories?

Randy Beaver

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 24, 2018, 09:49:28 am
Do you ever have anything to actually contribute or just made up stories?

This is a question about Chavis and blitzing.  You are welcomed to join our weekly NCAA football discussion group during the football season.  There you will be able to see my true passion for American style collegiate football and just how much I can contribute.  If not, quit stalking me please.

RaisinHog

The Kid

My wife cannot score with me.  I blitz every time.

That's quite an admission.
Let's get the train back on the tracks.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Just one question Randy, are you playing rookie or pro mode?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

TexasRazorback

I remember when i played madden and NCAA and thought I could be a coach because of a video game. But this did give me a little bit of a chuckle

jbigs77

I enjoyed your post. Thank you +1

HogginUp

preachr

Our two cats, Pancake and Pawl McCatney, absolutely hate the sound effects on the game.

Best line in the best post of the year. I salute you!

HamIAm

I hear that Saban's true genius is that he runs endless simulations on Sega in preparation for upcoming games.

SemperHawg

Randy Beaver starting to become one of my favorite posters on Hogville.   I think Bo needs to do one of those YouTube series on him...   "Being Randy Beaver"

Hoggish1

Quote from: Randy Beaver on January 24, 2018, 09:51:27 am
This is a question about Chavis and blitzing.  You are welcomed to join our weekly NCAA football discussion group during the football season.  There you will be able to see my true passion for American style collegiate football and just how much I can contribute.  If not, quit stalking me please.

Someone stalking Beaver? lol

ArkansasI

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 24, 2018, 10:56:44 am
Randy Beaver starting to become one of my favorite posters on Hogville.   I think Bo needs to do one of those YouTube series on him...   "Being Randy Beaver"
This.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Coach is a registered poster now. just send yourself, er um him a PM...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hog_Swanson

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on January 24, 2018, 09:25:38 am
I for one, would LOVE to read the letter you wrote to Chavis.
Dear John,

If you've seen one, you've seen them all...