Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A General Recruiting Observation.......

Started by Hogtied85, January 05, 2017, 06:27:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtied85

This is not directed at Arkansas but just general a observation. If you know you play a tough conference schedule meaning SEC,ACC,BIG12 etc. common sense should tell you that I need to go out and get the best recruits. We can't afford to be out recruited year in and year out. There is no way I would let a top recruits in the country get away without me having a conversation first. I may not even have a chance but at least a coversation took place. If you know the best team in the country has skilled 6'4 and about post players why are you recruiting below that. It's about balance. You can't afford to continue to bring in players that you have to develop fully. You need some stars (ready to go) that the other recruits can develop under. But also at the same time take your superstars and develop them further that is why Geno and Pat have been successful.

logic

Quote from: Hogtired10 on January 05, 2017, 06:27:52 pm
There is no way I would let a top recruits in the country get away without me having a conversation first. I may not even have a chance but at least a conversation took place.
You cannot have a conversation if they won't even answer the door, let alone listen. Our recruiting is very good considering that Fayetteville has little that appeals to young athletes.

psycHOGlogist

January 30, 2017, 03:07:35 pm #2 Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 04:15:18 pm by psycHOGlogist
Quote from: logic on January 30, 2017, 01:21:52 pm
You cannot have a conversation if they won't even answer the door, let alone listen. Our recruiting is very good considering that Fayetteville has little that appeals to young athletes.

That is nonsense. Do you think Starkville has a lot that appeals to young athletes? And yet Vic Schaefer has been knocking it out of the park there for the past four years. See also: Knoxville, TN; Columbia, SC; Waco, TX; College Station, TX; Norman, OK; Corvallis, OR; South Bend, IN; Storrs, CT; and on and on.

Bonehead

No kid on our roster except for Wilson kid had major offer's so how do you expect to compete in the SEC

hogman64

didn't Jackson have major offers?   is there somewhere to  see the players signed for next year and their backgrounds?

Bonehead

Jackson had was ranked 17th on ESPN I'm talking about Jimmy recruits you can't have 2 star players in a 5 star conference we ran off several players we shouldn't even be in this position I attend several Northwest Arkansas highschool games these kids aren't highly recruited we tried to sign Junior College All-American and they don't pan out we have two of them on the roster

Bonehead

flippinhogmana

Quote from: hogman64 on January 30, 2017, 05:40:33 pm
didn't Jackson have major offers?   is there somewhere to  see the players signed for next year and their backgrounds?

Yes, as I recall JJ was even higher rated than Wilson.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Bonehead

4 top 25 classes last for years players leaving what do that say

Bonehead

Attendant is no better than when Tom Collen was coach if vic Shafer did itMississippi State there's no reason that can't be done at University of Arkansas will there be more transfers at the end of the year is the question

psycHOGlogist

I basically agree with your point, but it's not quite 100% accurate.

Grayce Spangler had an offer from Kansas State.
Macy Weaver had an offer from, and was committed to, Wisconsin.
Mason had an offer from Indiana.

However, the fundamental point you're making about the quality of our recruiting is completely accurate.