Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aaliyah Wilson to the Hogs - GREAT news!

Started by psycHOGlogist, November 18, 2015, 02:23:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

flippinhogmana

Aaliyah Wilson
GUARD
CLASS: 2016
SCOUTS GRADE

Muskogee, OK
HOMETOWN
Muskogee
HIGH SCHOOL
5-9
HEIGHT

WEIGHT
OVERALL RANK
POSITION RANK

STATUS
Signed (Hog Logo)
ALSO CONSIDERED
LSU Lady Tigers, Rutgers Scarlet Knights, Baylor Lady Bears, Kansas Jayhawks
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

BWS

jseinfeld50

Been watching his twitter page this am. I saw the Frost Area post and then he tweeted "KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. BE ARKANSAS"

The_Iceman

jseinfeld50

From her twitter page:

Jacob Unruh ‏@jacobunruh  5m minutes ago
Muskogee guard Aaliyah Wilson (@iown_therock) has signed with Arkansas, according to her father. #OKPreps

MoHog74

Great news.  The future just continues to look brighter and brighter for WBB at Arkansas.  CJD and his staff are to be commended.  WPS   :razorback:

flippinhogmana

Next years class isnt going to be very big....thirteen Scholarships is max, right?   Thats thirteen, we get one when MW graduates, the next year though, six including all our height (3 6-3 girls leave at once).  Its imperative we use MW's scholarship for a big girl.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

jseinfeld50

flippinhogmana

what? title nine was supposed to make things equal?  Oh well.  Then I dont understand why Stout wasnt given a scholarship when "She can help us win right away" according to JD.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 18, 2015, 02:48:06 pm
Next years class isnt going to be very big....thirteen Scholarships is max, right?   Thats thirteen, we get one when MW graduates, the next year though, six including all our height (3 6-3 girls leave at once).  Its imperative we use MW's scholarship for a big girl.

We will then have Yasmeen Ratliff, but ... you are SO right. We need more bigs.

BWS

With Wilson signing all of our scholarships are filled, assuming everyone from the current roster comes back. I think JD was waiting on Wilson's decision. If Wilson didn't choose Arkansas he probably would have gave that last scholarship to Stout.

flippinhogmana

Yeah, actually I had already done the math...somehow had a brain short....for a moment....this year's signing class does take in the unfilled spots, taking back Bailey's scholarship and accounts for MW's graduation and that is why he couldnt give Stout a scholarship....

flippinhogmana

Still it is a good day today, we can be concerned about tomorrow then.  Things always have a tendency to be different when we come to them anyway.

Justifiable Hogicide

Coach Dykes has been a 5* hire for Arkansas.

Scott7703

CJD is absolutely knocking it out of the park. This may go down as the best hire jeff long makes while at Arkansas.

MoHog74

Hogtied85

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 18, 2015, 04:52:25 pm
CJD is absolutely knocking it out of the park. This may go down as the best hire jeff long makes while at Arkansas.
[/quote

This is amazing just imagine a four guard line up with Monk, Danberry, Wilson, Cosper. Scary thought

Scott7703

This is amazing just imagine a four guard line up with Monk, Danberry, Wilson, Cosper. Scary thought

Yep, we will have more playmakers on this team next year than at any point I can remember. Our women's basketball team is in good folks and we are definitely going in the right direction.

nwahogfan1

We signed one super star at the right spot to compliment what we have coming back.  Add to the 4 good role players who get the time to get better and I can see great up sides for this team.   

RazorPiggie

Mike needs to ask Jimmy to give his assistants a seminar on recruiting.

Supermark101

Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 18, 2015, 03:09:01 pm
what? title nine was supposed to make things equal?  Oh well.  Then I dont understand why Stout wasnt given a scholarship when "She can help us win right away" according to JD.

85 Men's football scholarships, 0 women's football Scholarships....

flippinhogmana

women's volleyball team, zero men's team.  women's gymnastics, zero men's gymnastics, etc.  Your point is?

Supermark101

Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 19, 2015, 08:32:32 am
women's volleyball team, zero men's team.  women's gymnastics, zero men's gymnastics, etc.  Your point is?

I replied to a comment meant to belittle title nine. I was offended, so I made a smart ass remark.

Looking at a single sport for equality is silly. It has to even out somewhere.

Also a lot of schools have Men's volleyball and gymnastics. It just isn't financially viable for Arkansas.

flippinhogmana

well that's not exactly true, AD's across the country are cutting a lot of men's programs to cover the cost of title nine.  If we have a men's golf team anymore I don't know it. It may be that they do pitifully and just dont get any ink, too.  I am not a big fan of title nine, but that doesn't men that I am not a fan of women's athletics and women's equality.  Anyone who knows me, knows that.  That still doesn't explain why fifteen for one team and thirteen for another.

Supermark101

November 19, 2015, 09:50:51 am #25 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:36:17 pm by Supermark101
Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 19, 2015, 08:52:35 am
well that's not exactly true, AD's across the country are cutting a lot of men's programs to cover the cost of title nine.  If we have a men's golf team anymore I don't know it. It may be that they do pitifully and just dont get any ink, too.  I am not a big fan of title nine, but that doesn't men that I am not a fan of women's athletics and women's equality.  Anyone who knows me, knows that.  That still doesn't explain why fifteen for one team and thirteen for another.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-golf/

Took literally 5 seconds to find that. Finished 6th in the SEC and qualified for NCAA regionals last year.

Title nine isn't perfect, but this thread wouldn't be a thing without it.

flippinhogmana

November 19, 2015, 12:14:50 pm #26 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:26:04 pm by flippinhogmana

Rocket23

Quote from: Supermark101 on November 19, 2015, 09:50:51 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-golf/

Took literally 5 seconds to find that. Finished 6th in the SEC and qualified for NCAA regionals last year.

Title nine isn't perfect, but this thread wouldn't be a thing without it.
And that was a down year for men's golf.

SuperSid4Ever