Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

look at memphis

Started by jmark, September 16, 2017, 03:02:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 17, 2017, 08:07:18 pm
You are assuming UCLA & Memphis are good....
You can watch any game on TV and then come on here claiming "Winning Coach & team" are better than "Other coach & team"...weak.

UCLA is not that bad of a team and they have a top notch qb - they are ranked for a reason.

Memphis put a good gameplan together and kicked some arse - very simple....hopefully we do the same next weekend
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 17, 2017, 08:22:16 pm
Fuente has actually built a program.  He did it at Memphis before he went to VT.  They were 5-31 in the 3 years prior to him arriving.  Norvell hasn't done that.  He has one 8-5 year with another coach's players.  Fuente wasn't left a shiz program, that's why he doesn't have to say he needs his own players.

Let's go get Fuente - I'm in

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 08:23:43 pm
Let's go get Fuente - I'm in

So...what will you want if the Hogs turn it around and reel off 7-8 wins?
Are you sure Fuente can be better than that?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

twistitup

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on September 17, 2017, 08:28:19 pm
So...what will you want if the Hogs turn it around and reel off 7-8 wins?
Are you sure Fuente can be better than that?

i'm sure CBB has been given plenty of time to turn the program around and things are not looking good. It's time to look ahead and start figuring things out.

A coaches past predicts his future and the past 4 years haven't been pretty. I will be in Dallas on Sat - let's see if the winning streak begins, I sure hope it does.

I've heard that Norvell will be targeted by A&M.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jmark on September 16, 2017, 03:02:51 pm
it's time to support the Hogs!

You mean Memphis, coached by future Arkansas head coach Mike Norvell?  Calling it now.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Karma on September 18, 2017, 08:56:18 am
I've heard that Norvell will be targeted by A&M.

I'm sure they'll talk, but I think Chad Morris at SMU will top their list.  Former Clemson OC, done a pretty good job at SMU thus far, A&M alum.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

DeltaBoy

Tiger High looked good and we have to recruit Memphis better.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

BigBrandonAllenFan

Maybe we should look more at the possibility of hiring the Memphis AD?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jmark on September 16, 2017, 03:15:04 pm
just like holding on mike anderson.  we should hold on to CBB

Haha, many would put them both on the same bus outta town!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jmark

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 18, 2017, 03:01:09 pm

anderson is a keeper.  i still support CBB.  as terrorist Barrett said "it'll set us back 10 years"
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 01:32:24 pm
If Memphis can beat UCLA we need to look real close at the Memphis coach when it's time to hire.
UCLA would BLOW our doors off at the moment and this guy puts a squad together at MEMPHIS that beats UCLA - I love it. I don't care if it's his recruits or not - he beat a high powered offense with his own high powered O
well you make a good point about his offense and I can tell you that he is recruiting players to MEM that havent normally come here.  Justin Fuentes got things started and when he bolted for VaTech, folks over here thought things might go south with the program but Norvell has maintained if not improved the recruiting in the short time he has been here.  MEM is a basketball school to be sure and he has the city excited about football. It was fun watching him and his team having fun in the locker room after the UCLA win.  I hope to see the Hogs that excited someday.

Personally, I think BB isnt going anywhere for a couple of years, but if he did, I would hope JLong would come over here and talk to Norvell.  He could be that lightening in a bottle that we have been looking for at Arkansas

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 17, 2017, 08:22:16 pm
Fuente has actually built a program.  He did it at Memphis before he went to VT.  They were 5-31 in the 3 years prior to him arriving.  Norvell hasn't done that.  He has one 8-5 year with another coach's players.  Fuente wasn't left a shiz program, that's why he doesn't have to say he needs his own players.
valid points, but IMHO, there is no way Fuentes would leave VaTech to come to the brutal SEC West to a school where it is apparently difficult as Hades to recruit top notch players.   Fuentes got his big time job.  VaTech has a great fan base and he doesnt have to play Bama and LSU and Auburn every freakin year.   He might very well be a better coach than Norvell, but he isnt coming to Arkansas. We might have gotten him when he was at MEM but now, Im afraid that ship has sailed.

The Boar War

September 18, 2017, 06:31:39 pm #64 Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:44:03 pm by The Boar War
I watched the Memphis/UCLA highlights.  Of course highlights don't tell the whole story.  So maybe someone can fill me in on why he faked a field goal to have a kicker throw a hail mary while leading by 3 late in the game?  I'm sure there was a good reason.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 18, 2017, 03:01:09 pm
I gotta say that Mike finally has started putting together some good recruiting classes and its taken 6 years but he might have something going now.   I was frustrated with him like a lot of fans were but he looks like he has turned the corner and is building something with some good recruiting.  He did get played by the Monk brothers and he did get screwed by Reggie Perry, but all in all he has been doing fine.

texas tush hog

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 17, 2017, 07:02:12 pm
TCU would beat UCLA (and Memphis) by 4 TDs.  Memphis coach is nothing special.  I'd definitely rather have Fuente (the one who built Memphis into a good program again) or Brohm.

Fuente is at his destination job.

ZERO

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 07:40:23 pm
now that is some bs

we lost to a weak TCU team - the season will tell the tale

The weak TCU team is 3-0/#16 right now.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: twistitup on September 17, 2017, 08:23:07 pm
UCLA is not that bad of a team and they have a top notch qb - they are ranked for a reason.

Memphis put a good gameplan together and kicked some arse - very simple....hopefully we do the same next weekend

They were ranked because they have a top qb returning because last year they sucked also.  They were 4-8. There was no reason for them to be ranked other than mora is on the hot seat and they beat a mediocre Texas A&M team.  They will probably go 6-6 maybe 7-5 and Mora will be fired at the end of the year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on September 18, 2017, 02:54:23 pm
Maybe we should look more at the possibility of hiring the Memphis AD?

He's doing a good job. He came from San Jose State. He did hire one good coach while there, Mike MacIntyre.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 18, 2017, 07:06:43 pm
He's doing a good job. He came from San Jose State. He did hire one good coach while there, Mike MacIntyre.

No doubt.  Some people just have a knack for making good hires.  He seems to have that knack.

twistitup

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 18, 2017, 06:46:14 pm
They were ranked because they have a top qb returning because last year they sucked also.  They were 4-8. There was no reason for them to be ranked other than mora is on the hot seat and they beat a mediocre Texas A&M team.  They will probably go 6-6 maybe 7-5 and Mora will be fired at the end of the year. 

Sounds familiar....

I'm not claiming UCLA is a great team, just that Memphis got it done against a ranked team. I don't care to argue about rankings - when we are ranked we never question rankings, it's when we aren't ranked that we call b.s. on other ranked teams

hehawg

Quote from: jmark on September 16, 2017, 03:12:47 pm
CBB is going to turn this around.  aTm going down.  the Hogs will have a good team when nobody predicts

Have you watched a game lately?
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

jmark

Quote from: hehawg on September 18, 2017, 08:32:32 pm
Have you watched a game lately?

we've passed up and not hired good head coaches.  we've screwed up and hired wrong head coaches.  I'm holding out that CBB can right the program.  we need to beat the teams we should beat.  if CBB can do that, i support him.  we could not find a better head coach than CBB with respect to all other areas (besides winning more) of the program.  i don't have to watch the game to know that.
Go Hogs!
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007