Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The WORLD LARGEST RAZORBACK IS IN IRAQ...CHECK OUT THE PICS!

Started by AR_dustoff, May 08, 2007, 01:18:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodiak

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 03:47:08 pm
I'm taking a closer look. It still looks weird to me with the one pic.

Some how the pic got flipped. The tail is pointing at the storage trailers in all the pics.
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Kodiak on May 09, 2007, 05:50:43 pm

Some how the pic got flipped. The tail is pointing at the storage trailers in all the pics.
Already been discussed.

Kodiak

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 09, 2007, 05:57:57 pm

Already been discussed.

Thank you Momma, what ever would I do?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Kodiak on May 09, 2007, 06:01:24 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 09, 2007, 05:57:57 pm

Already been discussed.

Thank you Momma, what ever would I do?
Read the thread before stirring something up that both people have already agreed on was false? Just one idea, though, I could have others. ;)

Hoggin on

I saw a post back a few, that said getting the paint was probably like a scene out of an episode of Mash, my reply to that would be you are correct sir.
There was another post that mentioned someones Brother in law Mr. Bradley, yes he was indeed one of the painters of the giant Hog and one fine U.S. Army medic. And I will tell him hello and show him these blogs.
It was a great feeling to pull this off, almost without a hitch (running out of paint on the first night) and having to find more.
We have taken up a collection for some more paint to finish the project and even raised enough to put some paint that may or may not be missing back. 8) If it were to be missing I mean.
Oh yes it is real, and I must say that there are a lot of proud Arkansas Razorbacks over here in Tallil Iraq and some that were not Razorback fans that just wanted to be part of this project. It was as one of the guys said "it was the first time that all of us were at one place hanging out and having fun doing something we wanted to do since we got here in Iraq"
You might just say that it did our spirits good to be able to accomplish what might be just a big ole HOG to some, but a sure enough Arkansas Razorback to those of us that know the difference.
Thanks for caring enough to keep it going. I think that everyone will be suprised by all of this in the morning.
I really hope the U of A likes it! How about it guys can we keep it?

Kodiak

I was on page 1 when I posted, and found out about the others later. So I will let the posting stay.
Oh yes I'm not interested in you other ideas.

HogHeaded™

Dude....you got a MEDIC SGT Mike Williamson in that unit...maybe in Al Kut?
Why sometimes Y ?

HamHands

SALUTE from a fellow soldier. I was in Balad. Godspeed and come home safe!
One day at a time.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hoggin on on May 09, 2007, 06:09:27 pm
I saw a post back a few, that said getting the paint was probably like a scene out of an episode of Mash, my reply to that would be you are correct sir.
There was another post that mentioned someones Brother in law Mr. Bradley, yes he was indeed one of the painters of the giant Hog and one fine U.S. Army medic. And I will tell him hello and show him these blogs.
It was a great feeling to pull this off, almost without a hitch (running out of paint on the first night) and having to find more.
We have taken up a collection for some more paint to finish the project and even raised enough to put some paint that may or may not be missing back. 8) If it were to be missing I mean.
Oh yes it is real, and I must say that there are a lot of proud Arkansas Razorbacks over here in Tallil Iraq and some that were not Razorback fans that just wanted to be part of this project. It was as one of the guys said "it was the first time that all of us were at one place hanging out and having fun doing something we wanted to do since we got here in Iraq"
You might just say that it did our spirits good to be able to accomplish what might be just a big ole HOG to some, but a sure enough Arkansas Razorback to those of us that know the difference.
Thanks for caring enough to keep it going. I think that everyone will be suprised by all of this in the morning.
I really hope the U of A likes it! How about it guys can we keep it?

You guys did great. I'm glad to see that your spirts got a boost but I have to tell ya, you guys gave all of us back home a a big lift. This really made my day.

Hope to see you guys this fall at a Hogville.net tailgate. I bet we could have a tailgate in your honor if you gave us a heads up on a game all you guys could attend. It will be our treat.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: AR_dustoff on May 08, 2007, 03:53:18 pm

Here is the pic you are questioning before I flipped it...

Exactly . . . if flipped "correctly" the Hog would be upside down, thus we would see it from the right side as the rest of the pics. Very astute pickup Tuck! Very nice work, Dustoff. Kudos to the guys! I've mailed these to everyone I know!

WPS!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

AR_dustoff

Thanks for the support guys.  We will let you know which games we will be back for!

I will relay the Kudos to the guys down in Tallil, they worked hard on this thing, and we are all proud of them for taking their own time to do it!!  Beth Hunt will be talking about SGT Pierce and Team Razorback on KATV Daybreak this morning...

jvillefirehog

Quote from: SnoopHogg on May 09, 2007, 03:26:35 pm
Hey... this is a great story and great pics.  My brother in law is over there and is indeed one of the guys who helped do the painting.  He had sent an email the other day telling us about it.  You guy rock!  Tell Mr. Bradley his bro in law from Conway said hi. 
Hey bro B   got your message!   Kiss the babies for me and I'll see ya soon!

JohnsonHog

That's freaking awesome.  Maybe when you guys get back we can hire you to do the same thing on top of Bud Walton arena  ;D

LJHOG

If you notice the snout is always facing in the direction of the metal frame for an uncompleted building and the frame is always on the top of the snout.  It's the same thing shot from different angles.
Good job on the pics and thanks for what you are doing over there.

Memphis Hog

I want to say thanks to all the HOGS in the desert as well as their troop mates. BE safe and know that some of us understand why you are there doing what you are doing.
:razorback:  :razorback: Woo Pig Sooie  :razorback:  :razorback:

ronnie.lambert

hey Josh. this is ronnie Lambert. good job posting that pic. hope to see you at home soon.

PigWig

Quote from: Memphis Hog on May 10, 2007, 12:33:08 pm
I want to say thanks to all the HOGS in the desert as well as their troop mates. BE safe and know that some of us understand why you are there doing what you are doing.
I second that, and I'll add for what its worth, you all have my utmost respect.

jforte

Those pics are very humbling...makes us proud to bleed razorback red...The University should be paying you or at least saying thanks.

Gods Speed to you guys and girls over there.  THANKYOU WITH ALL OUR HEARTS!!!!!

Lady Hawg Buff

This is absolutely wonderful!!!  Thank you so much for sharing this with us...God Bless our Soldiers!!!

Doyle Hograves

That's friggin AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for sharing that. Makes me proud to be an Arkansan. Absolutely amazing!!!
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

NuttinItUp

Any more pics? Those things were awesome. (I emailed them to a couple of my friends)

PilotFuller

Let me say thank you for all of your support back home to my guys here in Iraq.  I really enjoyed seeing all of the guys come together on this project.  We really needed a moral booster and this helped.  For those who want it, I have a very nice video shot of it as we are flying off.  It was taken with a near-HD camcorder so even though it is short, its a 20 meg file.  So if you want it email me at pilot.fuller@yahoo.com and I'll send it to you via sendthisfile.com.

Joe-T

I wished that we could get these photos into the Razorback dressing rooms....That would fire the team up before they take the field !!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Lanny

Al Bundy

bigyellowdog

hoginator

Wow.
God Bless America and Razorback troops everywhere...

BTW, these pics are now on
www.hogwired.com

I'm guessing thanks to Bill Smith...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

slopinhogs

keep your heads and butts down guys and be loaded and locked at all times. vietnam vet saying thanks and come home safe.thanks for flying that flag. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

the wife

Rocky Mountain Living

Thank you for all you do.  I think of yall often.  I am very thankful for my freedoms and my support for yall will never wane. 

PS.  Thanks Staff Sargeant Ledesma!  You are always in my thoughts and prayers.  I brag about you often!

TorsinAHog

Simply AMAZING JOB!  I always wanted them to put something like that on top of BWA and now we have an idea of how it would look.  Just amazing work.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Hoggin on

The High res. photo's are coming, but just remember it is not finished. We just ran a little short of paint, as you can imagine you just can't run down the street and buy it.
It is a work in progress and hopefully it will be complete in about a week or so.
If you look back a few post there is an e-mail address that will link you to some great High res. video we shot while flying over the HAS.

Ain't no fan like a Hog fan.

Hoggin on

This is the e-mail address. I think he will e-mail you the link if you request it. This is some fine flyin footage if I do say so myself.  pilot.fuller@yahoo.com .   

swoosh

silvertip

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 08, 2007, 03:52:32 pm
You guys don't have to take my word for it. My mind isn't processing what you guys are seeing. (I'm on a higher level of thinking.....yeah ;D)

Just look at all the reference points & you can see the Hawg is oriented with the builings the same way in every shot. How hard is that to process?

TuckFexas

Quote from: silvertip on May 13, 2007, 09:39:42 am
You guys don't have to take my word for it. My mind isn't processing what you guys are seeing. (I'm on a higher level of thinking.....yeah ;D)

Just look at all the reference points & you can see the Hawg is oriented with the builings the same way in every shot. How hard is that to process?

How hard is it to read the whole damn thread?
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

PulledPork

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 13, 2007, 10:37:19 am
Quote from: silvertip on May 13, 2007, 09:39:42 am

How hard is it to read the whole damn thread?
no shite!!  I have busted a few chops already for piling on late....good gawd!!

Pulled out...

Pigskin_Porker

God bless our troops over there and Wooooo Pig Sooie Forever!
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

Hawg_Heaven

Has anyone at the UA said anything about the Hog yet? Hopefully they don't pull some franchise bullcrap! They don't have the best PR guys up there!

Lanny

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on May 14, 2007, 05:15:29 am
Has anyone at the UA said anything about the Hog yet? Hopefully they don't pull some franchise bullcrap! They don't have the best PR guys up there!

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=884205

Al Bundy

nughaud

Flatfoot

My heart and soul are with you my brother.  Desert Storm vet and proud of it.  Thank you for your sacrifice and your service.

OOOSHAW!  Army
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

softballguy8

Quote from: PigWig on May 10, 2007, 04:27:55 pm
Quote from: Memphis Hog on May 10, 2007, 12:33:08 pm
I second that, and I'll add for what its worth, you all have my utmost respect.

This is one of the best posts ever on this site!!!! I whole-heartly agree.

God Speed soldier. Thank you for making us proud!
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

hawaiianhogster

I am so sad that we have to resort to fighting for our freedom. I don't understand why all people of the world can't get alone and not fight. Since the circumstance calls for our men and women to fight for our freedom as well as others on this planet it makes me Proud, very Proud to know we have the best, strongest, and bravest voluntary military in the world representing all Americans around the globe.

My family and I thank you for your sacrifice's. We will celebrate your victories upon your return. May GOD keep you and your families safe. GOD bless everyone of you.

jb11

You can tell it is the same.  Look around, the nose is always pointing toward the helicopters.  The picture is just flipped.