Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John Stephen Jones has committed to the Razorbacks!

Started by DuckTalesLOL, February 04, 2018, 02:40:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

liljo

Welcome aboard and thanks for choosing Arkansas. Can't wait to watch you compete!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

HOGINTENNESSEE

TX HOG

Yes. This is great news. I bet he'll be a good recruiter for us while commited

RockyMtnHog

"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Flrazrback

Welcome to Fayetteville John.. Excited to have you aboard. The Legacy Continues !! WPS

Tortfeasor

Ready to see this kid compete. He has grit and a will to win that is hard to find.

redeye

February 04, 2018, 03:42:42 pm #10 Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:33:00 pm by redeye
Quote from: Tortfeasor on February 04, 2018, 03:32:38 pm
Ready to see this kid compete. He has grit and a will to win that is hard to find.

Read where he also has the 2nd most passing yards in Texas and the best pass/int ratio.

edit: I said that wrong.  He has the best pass/int ratio among the leaders of the most passing yard stat.  Grant Gunnell had the most yards and JSJ was right behind him.

jcharkansas

I see he is listed as a Pro style, I was thinking he was sort of a duel threat guy. Anyone know his 40 time off hand?

Granny fan

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 04, 2018, 03:44:13 pm
I see he is listed as a Pro style, I was thinking he was sort of a duel threat guy. Anyone know his 40 time off hand?

Per RD

Jones, 5-10 1/2, 185, 4.6 seconds in the 40 yard dash

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 04, 2018, 03:44:13 pm

Good Improv qb from what little film I've seen.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

bphi11ips

Would be excited about JSJ if his name was John Miller.  He's a player.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Atlhogfan1

Some qbs have "it".  He had "it" in HS.  Hope it carries over.  Good depth at qb for Morris to start with
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Smashmouth2004

He played against top notch Texas teams and won back to back state titles. He's a winner!

raz1965

Forgive me for asking, but is there a rule against a player buying lunch an helping out his teammates when needed? I mean I know this guy will not be hurting for spending change. Just a thought that came to mind, of course I don't want rules violated.

ricepig

Quote from: raz1965 on February 04, 2018, 04:56:45 pm
Forgive me for asking, but is there a rule against a player buying lunch an helping out his teammates when needed? I mean I know this guy will not be hurting for spending change. Just a thought that came to mind, of course I don't want rules violated.

He'll get by on the same stipend as the other guys.

UAGolfer1981

Great news!  This kid is a winner.  I was very impressed watching him in the Texas HS playoffs.

razCzar

While expected, I've been a little apprehensive.  Mind is put at ease.
Fantastic news!

texasdvm

This is a wonderful player whom makes everyone around him better. Just quality through and through and it is so wonderful that the Jones family has been part of our program.

aloha_kid

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2018, 03:38:54 pm
Yes

So the guy that has all the money in the world needs to burn a scholarship someone who doesn't have money could use? 

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

plumbhog

It would be like a slap in the face to not offer him a scholarship. Forget his name and give him the same opportunity and set of rules to live by that everyone else gets.
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

Wildhog

Good to have as a future booster, if nothing else.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

thebignasty

Quote from: plumbhog on February 04, 2018, 06:09:26 pm
It would be like a slap in the face to not offer him a scholarship. Forget his name and give him the same opportunity and set of rules to live by that everyone else gets.

lol, contradictory as darn

Cowtown Hog

I think I read that bob stoops boys are walk-ons for 2018 class, not because they were undeserving of scholarship status but because he wanted scholarships to be given to lesser economically advantaged players.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Cowtown Hog on February 04, 2018, 06:14:23 pm
I think I read that bob stoops boys are walk-ons for 2018 class, not because they were undeserving of scholarship status but because he wanted scholarships to be given to lesser economically advantaged players.

Well, they received zero P5 offers. So I think it's safe to say they weren't deserving of OU scholarships

oldhawg

Those "lesser economically advantaged" players that you refer to would have also received scholarship offers from other schools as prestigious as Oklahoma.  Don't kid yourself into thinking that Stoops was holding back scholarships to do kids a favor.  That extra scholarship or two would have gone to players who may otherwise have ended up at Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma State, or some other school in need of their talents.   

plumbhog

Quote from: thebignasty on February 04, 2018, 06:11:30 pm
lol, contradictory as darn
So you don't think he's earned a scholarship offer just like everyone else did?
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

ricepig

Quote from: aloha_kid on February 04, 2018, 05:55:42 pm
So the guy that has all the money in the world needs to burn a scholarship someone who doesn't have money could use? 

It isn't about money, it's about having earned it, he did.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Stoops son's are walkons because they don't have scholarship offers.

Cowtown Hog

I don't know what Stoops sons were offered (or not), but the story i saw just mentioned that he wouldn't allow them to be considered for scholarships because they didn't need the free education.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Cowtown Hog on February 04, 2018, 07:14:16 pm
I don't know what Stoops sons were offered (or not), but the story i saw just mentioned that he wouldn't allow them to be considered for scholarships because they didn't need the free education.

When did Jones get the scholarship offer?  Like this week or weeks ago?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HogNTX

Imagine 4-5 years from now if JSJ is moderately successful here and invited to the combine as a projected 7th round pick... who doesn't think that Blank or Snyder take him just to get at Jerry.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 07:18:24 pm
When did Jones get the scholarship offer?  Like this week or weeks ago?
Like 3 days after CCM was hired

Hog N Bama

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 04, 2018, 08:02:11 pm
Like 3 days after CCM was hired

I was thinking it was a while back, which I'm surprised he's taken so long to commit.

Pig in the Pokey

and i saw where oregon state coach resigned and refused the millions in buyout money. Guess Bert shoulda left that 12 million behind, too, by your logic.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

colbs

Quote from: aloha_kid on February 04, 2018, 05:55:42 pm
He earned it though so he deserves it.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 04, 2018, 08:16:27 pm
and i saw where oregon state coach resigned and refused the millions in buyout money. Guess Bert shoulda left that 12 million behind, too, by your logic.

what an idiot.

Hogs up! Covid down!

King Kong

Easy to say when nobody is offering one

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I'm just glad to see another QB Jones on the hill wearing #9..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hogtimes

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 04, 2018, 06:18:24 pm
Well, they received zero P5 offers. So I think it's safe to say they weren't deserving of OU scholarships

One received an offer from Iowa.   Not sure but maybe Northwestern also.  Plus they did receive offers  from Air Force and  some other pretty nice G5 schools.  However,they are likely too small to ever play much at any P5 school

Hogtimes

Quote from: King Kong on February 04, 2018, 08:47:15 pm
Easy to say when nobody is offering one

See my above post....they had several  offers to go free.

King Kong

Quote from: Hogtimes on February 04, 2018, 10:06:29 pm
See my above post....they had several  offers to go free.

I meant P5 offers since they committed to a P5 school.

I'll concede Drake having an Iowa offer