Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guess y’all can follow Greg Marshall...

Started by Swinesong1, March 16, 2018, 05:26:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

for the rest of the tourney since he's your go to guy when putting down Anderson.  Oh wait...

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 16, 2018, 05:26:23 pm
for the rest of the tourney since he's your go to guy when putting down Anderson.  Oh wait...

I like defense.  Defense wins a lot of games especially in the NCAAT because they allow so much physical play.  Yes,  I would take Marshal or TT Coach or Butler Coach or Seton Hall coach.  Lots of good fundamental coaches who believe in sound defense, rebounding and a strong inside game.   I expect nothing to change but I would love for our new AD to make some recommendations to Mike.

Oliver

I'd take him every day of the week over Anderson. 

PygmalionEffect2

I think the theory is that Arkansas, with it's budget, winning tradition, huge fan base, and facilities, is an easier program to be successful at than a place like Wichita State that no one had ever heard of until Marshall got there.

Too complicated for you to follow?
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

mbgrulz

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 05:33:50 pm
I like defense.  Defense wins a lot of games especially in the NCAAT because they allow so much physical play.  Yes,  I would take Marshal or TT Coach or Butler Coach or Seton Hall coach.  Lots of good fundamental coaches who believe in sound defense, rebounding and a strong inside game.   I expect nothing to change but I would love for our new AD to make some recommendations to Mike.
They call it tighter in the NCAA tournament than the do all year.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Breems

At least Marshall's team competed in their game and he has accomplished something significant at WSU.

Weak sauce.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Oliver

Oliver

Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 05:42:44 pm
At least Marshall's team competed in their game and he has accomplished something significant at WSU.

Weak sauce.

Correct

Swinesong1

Quote from: Breems on March 16, 2018, 05:42:44 pm

Weak sauce.
Did he win his 1st rd game?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 16, 2018, 05:39:40 pm
Also Arkansas fans: https://twitter.com/Dan_G33/status/974768149076865025?s=19

He had a really good freshman season, but today was not his finest hour and that's about as nicely as one can say it..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Kevin

love the way some guys make them feel better, talking about another team that lost
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Oliver

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 16, 2018, 05:43:54 pm
Did he win his 1st rd game?

No but at least he got his team a 4 seed instead of a 7 seed

Kevin

marshall has won league titles, and has a final four. so much more success than anderson
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 05:47:34 pm

Weak conference

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

SooieGeneris

Marshall did not have a good day today either, but as someone else put it, at least his team competed and he does not have a big that is rated as a 1st round pick and I doubt if he had 3 SR guards.

You know, the ones who shot what seemed like a combined 8 of 337 shots today with as many TOs as assists when they weren't giving up wide open 3s...
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

pigroots

Which one has traditionally been more competitive? which one has the most resources? Until this year the SEC was a weak BB conference. I am not for firing CMA UNLESS he is unwilling to change his staff. His style will not succeed without great recruiting and we are very average at recruiting therefore we are a very average program. Changes have to be made! CMA is a good face for our program but we need someone who can reel in the big fish if we want to be a top 20 program

Oliver

Swinesong1

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 05:47:34 pm
Sooooooo....a better team with a better coach got bounced in the 1st rd too? 

Westcoasthog

Mike Anderson has to go - his contract has to be bought out as soon as possible.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 16, 2018, 05:39:40 pm
Also Arkansas fans: https://twitter.com/Dan_G33/status/974768149076865025?s=19

Sometimes it is embarrassing to be an Arkansas fan, what idiots take to twitter to criticize one of our best players and a guy who still could be a Razorback next year? These are the fools that make Arkansas a laughing stock.

Kevin

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 16, 2018, 05:51:27 pm

all his trophies & final four appearance say hello

Swinesong1

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 05:52:24 pm
all his trophies & final four appearance say hello
Cool!  He can go home and tell them hello in person.

Oliver

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 16, 2018, 05:51:27 pm

I'd take the coach that had better regular season success with the same postseason success.  Yes

Kevin

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 16, 2018, 05:53:19 pm

he can laugh at all you guys who think Anderson will ever achieve his success

Oliver

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 16, 2018, 05:53:19 pm

And Mike can say what's up to his one Elite 8 appearance.  Awesome

Kevin

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 05:54:21 pm
And Mike can say what’s up to his one Elite 8 appearance.  Awedome

and no trophies

Oliver

forrest city joe

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 05:33:50 pm
Now this is the kind of post i have no problem with.i hope Mike takes a hard look at every thing we do on defense.and get another big body in here that can rebound and score.Chaney is one.but he needs at lest one more.

hulk hog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 16, 2018, 05:49:16 pm
Weak conference
Guess that makes that 26 point loss to Houston look even worse.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

26.2Hog

This has nothing to do with MA.

Greg Marshall took over a Wichita State team that had been to the NCAAT only once in 19 years.

He's now taken them there for 7 consecutive years. 

In the last 7 years, he has finished in the top 25 five times. 

Wichita State is basically a mid-major school that pales in comparison to Arkansas in facilities, tradition, fans, and budget.

Kevin

the man has homage paid to him about never having a losing season, why do you think he is ever going to change what he does.  the man has made a great living out of being just above average.  he has lifers around him as assistants. the man is not going to change. he has a working formula

forrest city joe

Quote from: hulk hog on March 16, 2018, 06:12:06 pm
Guess that makes that 26 point loss to Houston look even worse.
Houston is  good.they beat Greg Marshall twice this year.

Oliver

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2018, 06:16:02 pm
Houston is  good.they beat Greg Marshall twice this year.

And would have beat us twice this year

raz1965

code red

Mike with 12 losses and 10 of the were no doubt blowouts.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 06:13:51 pm
the man has homage paid to him about never having a losing season, why do you think he is ever going to change what he does.  the man has made a great living out of being just above average.  he has lifers around him as assistants. the man is not going to change. he has a working formula
Stop just stop.the sky is not falling.23 wins and making it back to the dance is a good year. it's not the end of Arkansas basketball to lose to Butler.Villanova lost to them too.hogs did not play well and lost.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2018, 06:21:55 pm
Stop just stop.the sky is not falling.23 wins and making it back to the dance is a good year. it's not the end of Arkansas basketball to lose to Butler.Villanova lost to them too.hogs did not play well and lost.

how many trophies has the man walked off the floor with as a head coach?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 06:23:09 pm
You guys keep moving the bar.4 years ago you were crying about not making the Dance. now that he's doing that alomst every year, you are crying about that.he got the program making the Dance.and if a program makes it enough time.one of these years they are going to make a deep run.listen to you guys and Arkansas will become Pittsburgh.remember when Pitt kept getting knock out early in the NCAAT.they ran Jamie Dixon off.how is it working out for them?be careful what you wish for.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 16, 2018, 06:32:38 pm
You guys keep moving the bar.4 years ago you were crying about not making the Dance. now that he's doing that alomst every year, you are crying about that.he got the program making the Dance.and if a program makes it enough time.one of these years they are going to make a deep run.listen to you guys and Arkansas will become Pittsburgh.remember when Pitt kept getting knock out early in the NCAAT.they ran Jamie Dixon off.how is it working out for them?be careful what you wish for.

not moving the bar. just a simple question

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Kevin on March 16, 2018, 06:23:09 pm
Zilch

oldbooniehog

Like FCJ said in the past, it's NOT FAIR to compare Mike Anderson to Eddie Sutton or Nolan Richardson.

You should be GRATEFUL for Mike Anderson making it to the NCAA tournament 3 times in 7 years.

GRATEFUL!

I mean expecting to make the Sweet Sixteen?

C'mon.

Arkansas hasn't done that since 1996, or 22 years ago.

Just MAKING IT TO the NCAA Tournament should be reward enough, and a reason to give Mike a 15-year contract extension!

hulk hog

Quote from: Hog N Bama on March 16, 2018, 06:40:01 pm
Zilch
To be accurate he tied for first one year in the Sun Belt at UAB and he won the Big 12 Tournament at Missouri.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

AirWarren

Stay the course with consistent and stable program play.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Oliver on March 16, 2018, 05:34:27 pm
I’d take him every day of the week over Anderson. 

Well we could have had him, but the fans wanted Nolan light instead.  I also understand at one time we could have had Bill Self.  Not that I think Self would have been here long before moving on, but Marshall might have been another story. Anyonel that likes living in Wichita would certainly love living in Fayettevile.  Not to mention the Texas A&M girls basketball coach we ran off.   When you are Alabama, or Oklahoma or Kentucky you can make mistakes and overcome them.  When you are a Arkansas you can afford very few bad decisions without resulting consequences over a long period.

jvanhorn

I am still trying to figure out why Foley is the girl's basketball coach at UALR instead of at Fayetteville.  Not that I have anything against the current coach, but I just think it is odd he was never given a shot.

Wild Bill Hog