Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installment 2 of John Chavis in the Film Room (with Q Grovey)

Started by WizardofhOgZ, March 12, 2018, 09:13:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Here is the second installment of the Film Room with Coach Chavis and Quinn Grovey. 

By the way . . . before you start watching/listening, close your eyes and see if the Chief's voice, pace, cadence, and inflections don't remind you of another former Razorback coach . . . Nolan Richardson.  Now, they're not exactly the same.  But as I was watching the film (where Coach Chavis was not on camera) and listening, it hit me that it sounded like someone I'd heard before.  Didn't take long to connect the dots and remember just who that person was.

https://www.facebook.com/RazorbackFootballUA/videos/1111067369033265/

jgphillips3

Hoggish1

Tejano Jawg

Nice work Wiz! You should work in forensics. Man, this is close...I think you need to speed up the pitch of Chavis very slightly, he talks a bit lower. And he has just a hair more accent than Nolan. Nothing you can do about that.

Hearing this is almost comforting. Like a small bit of Nolan's spirit might find its way into our defense. Hey, doesn't hurt.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HappyFan

The Chief likes to pressure and with CCM it will be basketball on grass so..................

Dark Helmet Hog

It will be nice to see a pressure defense. I would rather get burnt bringing the house than picked apart playing back.

BillyHog53

I just saw Chief at La Hacienda in Fayetteville and told him how glad the fans are that he is here, seemed like a very nice guy

nwahogfan1

On the 2nd play the left OLB had to make a tackle in space so he must be athletic.

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bythelake

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on March 13, 2018, 06:24:02 pm
It will be nice to see a pressure defense. I would rather get burnt bringing the house than picked apart playing back.

Exactly, nothing worse than a slow death.

liljo

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on March 13, 2018, 06:24:02 pm
+1

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

WizardofhOgZ

March 20, 2018, 12:46:07 am #12 Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:43:49 pm by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: Tejano Jawg on March 13, 2018, 11:42:41 am
Nice work Wiz! You should work in forensics. Man, this is close...I think you need to speed up the pitch of Chavis very slightly, he talks a bit lower. And he has just a hair more accent than Nolan. Nothing you can do about that.

Hearing this is almost comforting. Like a small bit of Nolan's spirit might find its way into our defense. Hey, doesn't hurt.

He almost sounds like someone doing an imitation of Nolan - not exactly the same, but you can immediately recognize "who it is" if you listened to Nolan for years, as most of us did.

rljjr

DeltaBoy

Grovey did a great job with these two interviews.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.