Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff vs El Dorado 10-19-12

Started by the_kosher_pig, October 22, 2012, 10:49:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

the_kosher_pig

http://youtu.be/OgYm4uC4Wio

Malibu327 and I attended the game last Friday.  We didn't record until the second half.  A few notes:
The QB at El Dorado is a Reed.  I'm assuming he's related to the previous QB Taylor Reed who recently joined the Razorbacks.  He's VERY quick at releasing the ball and was very solid at throwing the ball across the hashes.  Doesn't look very tall but seems to handle the offense very well.  Not sure his measurables or what class he's in. 

The running back at El Do was very fast but small.  He hit the hole hard and had solid speed.  Not quite sure he's a SEC caliber player but you'll probably hear from him at a North Texas/La Tech/ULM style school. 

On defense the CB's were very tall and lanky.  They did a decent job at containing the VERY big receivers from PB.  Two players stood on defense but I'm not sure we saved their highlights......#41 the middle line backer and #47 the defensive end.  Both have great speed.  41 was a very big player.  I personally think he has potential at the SEC level.  He always seemed to be around the ball and was great sideline to sideline.  47 was also around the ball and had a lot of speed.  I wasn't sure why he wasn't at the LB spot.  He was also a pretty good fullback.  He wasn't as tall as 41. 

On the PB side all I can say is "wow"  The QB was hit or miss, but when he was on "hit" it was amazing.  He was extremely strong and agile.  He hit deep passes about 50% of the time.  When he was off it was bad.  He was athletic enough to be made into a WR or safety at the next level IMO. 

#5 on offense was a small, extremely strong RB.  He hit the hole extremely fast.  Was hard to bring down one on one. 

The receivers (mostly #16) had amazing hands and were very big.  Most looked 6'+.  They had no problem reaching out in the middle of the field in traffic. 

On defense the entire team was FAST.  #22 and #23 were very good CB's.  I believe #22 would make a great addition to the Razorbacks. 

A few are my opinion.  But here is one FACT.  #15 for Pine Bluff is an amazing kicker and point blank beast at punting.  He will be D1.  There is no way around this.  He shanked one during the game that was a low snap.......it still went 35+ yards with no return.  The rest were inside the 5 and over 40 yards.  I don't believe El Do had a single punt return yard. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Hogginout

I listen to this game via the radio and those guy thought highly of a lot of those kids on the field. It was nice to see PB back on the upper level of the football landscape....
Hogs 4 Life

downsouthhawg72

The team to beat this year is the Camden Fairview Cardinals. They already whooped El Dorado this year & is steam rolling everybody they play. The way they are playing this year know 1 will come close to beating them.

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=JSTANLEY&t=c&s=football&p=scores
DownSouthHawg

the_kosher_pig

I can't believed most polls have PA ahead of Fairview.  My family is from that area so I'm a big Fairview/Bearden/Harmony Grove fan. :)

Pine Bluff is the most complete team I've seen in a while.  The fact that NLR beat them so handily says a lot to me about their program.  PB has quite a bit of talent. 

SwinerBock

Yes, the QB at El Dorado is the younger brother of Taylor Reed, as well as the coach's son.  I believe he is a senior this year, but I may be mistaken on that.

SwinerBock

On a side note, one of the freshman RB at La Tech (Dixon) is from Strong here in south Arkansas.  He helped Strong to the 2A title in Arkansas last year.  He is lighting it up at Tech right now.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: SwinerBock on October 23, 2012, 02:56:43 pm
On a side note, one of the freshman RB at La Tech (Dixon) is from Strong here in south Arkansas.  He helped Strong to the 2A title in Arkansas last year.  He is lighting it up at Tech right now.
I saw him play a few times.  Bearden actually held him in the game I watched.  I believe Junction City did too.  Surprised me.  He was an absolute beast and Strong had a very large team.  By the time playoffs rolled around no one could stop him.  I don't see how rushing for 400 yards in a state championship doesn't at least get an offer to walk on in your home state..........

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 23, 2012, 03:03:43 pm
I saw him play a few times.  Bearden actually held him in the game I watched.  I believe Junction City did too.  Surprised me.  He was an absolute beast and Strong had a very large team.  By the time playoffs rolled around no one could stop him.  I don't see how rushing for 400 yards in a state championship doesn't at least get an offer to walk on in your home state..........
Why would he walk on when he can go to college for free at a respected D1 program?
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on October 23, 2012, 03:45:38 pm
Why would he walk on when he can go to college for free at a respected D1 program?
I think you missed the point.  He didn't even get a walk on offer.  How can someone who can lead the nation at the D1 level not at least be considered walk on level?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 23, 2012, 03:52:21 pm
I think you missed the point.  He didn't even get a walk on offer.  How can someone who can lead the nation at the D1 level not at least be considered walk on level?
How do you know
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

OnTheHillHogFan

ricepig

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on October 23, 2012, 06:42:56 pm
Where does that tell you he didn't get an offer to walk on?

I guarantee you that Arkansas would have made him a preferred walk-on, you can't blame the kid for taking the full ride. He also turned down an offer from ASU because he wanted to be closer to home.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on October 23, 2012, 06:59:23 pm
I guarantee you that Arkansas would have made him a preferred walk-on, you can't blame the kid for taking the full ride. He also turned down an offer from ASU because he wanted to be closer to home.
I agree.

1highhog

I sure wish Pine Bluff could build the consistant ways they had in the 80's, they were some kind of teams down there filled with D-1 talent, we need that on the hill.  Hope it's getting back to that again.

the_kosher_pig

From talking with the people last week they haven't had a single person from the Hogs come down this year.  I don't know why you wouldn't at least make one trip to see a Pine Bluff area game or Little Rock area game each week. 

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 25, 2012, 08:30:37 am
From talking with the people last week they haven't had a single person from the Hogs come down this year.  I don't know why you wouldn't at least make one trip to see a Pine Bluff area game or Little Rock area game each week. 

Because they don't have any D-I talent on their roster, and the coaches have seen a lot of PA's games in LR. Go watch some football in Texas or FL and then watch PB and EL Do, it's not the same.

the_kosher_pig

I did.  I also watched West Monroe/Ouachita every year in Louisiana.  I also catch the Olive Branch or South Panola games. 

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 25, 2012, 11:40:33 am
I did.  I also watched West Monroe/Ouachita every year in Louisiana.  I also catch the Olive Branch or South Panola games. 

And??  PB doesn't have the talent that those teams do, if they did, D-I coaches would be recruiting them. Don't you think Arkansas would rather try to get a player out of OB than Monroe or OB?

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: ricepig on October 25, 2012, 12:15:18 pm
And??  PB doesn't have the talent that those teams do, if they did, D-I coaches would be recruiting them. Don't you think Arkansas would rather try to get a player out of OB than Monroe or OB?
And?  Outside of over all team there are better athletes here.  It doesn't magically change you to a better athlete being across an invisible line.  If they are good in Monroe why aren't they good in Pine Bluff?  You didn't watch the video did you?

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 25, 2012, 03:14:18 pm
And?  Outside of over all team there are better athletes here.  It doesn't magically change you to a better athlete being across an invisible line.  If they are good in Monroe why aren't they good in Pine Bluff?  You didn't watch the video did you?

Nope, but I've watched PB and El Do and I didn't see much that appeared to be D-i, although Jackson has an offer. I was told that he was battling an injury, could be why he wasn't overly impressive that night.

malibu327

Quote from: ricepig on October 25, 2012, 11:27:57 am
Because they don't have any D-I talent on their roster, and the coaches have seen a lot of PA's games in LR. Go watch some football in Texas or FL and then watch PB and EL Do, it's not the same.
How can anyone be sure there isnt any D-1 level talent on either roster without someone coming and checking them out?

ricepig

Quote from: malibu327 on October 25, 2012, 04:08:25 pm
How can anyone be sure there isnt any D-1 level talent on either roster without someone coming and checking them out?

It's called tape, do you think they fly to TX and just look up in the paper on what games to attend?

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: ricepig on October 25, 2012, 04:20:08 pm
It's called tape, do you think they fly to TX and just look up in the paper on what games to attend?
With the amount of talent that's come out Pine Bluff I'd send someone to watch a game in Jefferson County every week.  What's worse, wasting a 3 hour drive or missing out on a SEC recruit in your own state?

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 26, 2012, 08:35:13 am
With the amount of talent that's come out Pine Bluff I'd send someone to watch a game in Jefferson County every week.  What's worse, wasting a 3 hour drive or missing out on a SEC recruit in your own state?

Please list all of this talent that is/was eligible and signed with a D-I school.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: ricepig on October 26, 2012, 12:08:58 pm
Please list all of this talent that is/was eligible and signed with a D-I school.
Jesse Gandy and  Ferbia Allen at Ole Miss  in the past two or so years.   ??? That's without even looking it up.

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 26, 2012, 12:12:30 pm
Jesse Gandy and  Ferbia Allen at Ole Miss  in the past two or so years.   ??? That's without even looking it up.

Isn't Gandy at UCA now?  And weren't they recruited by Nutt? I rest my case, now.

the_kosher_pig

Rest your case.  It's not like Nutt recruited well.  I mean he only had McFadden, McCluster, Hillis, Jones x2, Anderson, DJ Williams, Andres, Petrus, Burlsworth, etc go pro.  Not like he could judge talent or anything.

IronHog

Quote from: ricepig on October 25, 2012, 11:27:57 am

Stop confusing good HS football TEAMS with good HS football PLAYERS.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 26, 2012, 08:35:13 am

Most of the talent in PB doesn't play organized sports.

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 26, 2012, 02:10:17 pm
Rest your case.  It's not like Nutt recruited well.  I mean he only had McFadden, McCluster, Hillis, Jones x2, Anderson, DJ Williams, Andres, Petrus, Burlsworth, etc go pro.  Not like he could judge talent or anything.

No, he was lazy and seldom put any effort out. Burlsworth and Petrus walked on, why didn't Dixon. I know, because he was offered a scholarship to a nearby school that he wanted to attend. Name me all these players that are tearing it up at other schools?

the_kosher_pig

You entirely missed my first post.  These are low economic areas with no ties to a university.  They are perfectly happy going to UAPB because it's all they know.  Why would a school like Notre Dame randomly decide to visit Southern Arkansas?  If our own in state universities don't offer them how would they know to come here?  Not everyone uses rivals. 

IronHog

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on October 26, 2012, 03:28:20 pm
You entirely missed my first post.  These are low economic areas with no ties to a university.  They are perfectly happy going to UAPB because it's all they know.  Why would a school like Notre Dame randomly decide to visit Southern Arkansas?  If our own in state universities don't offer them how would they know to come here?  Not everyone uses rivals. 

Exactly.

The point isn't how many kids go out of state.... it is how many are on UCA, A State, and UAPB from Arkansas that could add real depth or even be impact players.

Arkansas won't sign players like Tyrell Johnson and Kyle Coleman.... that is just dumb.

Hogeration

Quote from: 1highhog on October 24, 2012, 06:49:35 am
I sure wish Pine Bluff could build the consistant ways they had in the 80's, they were some kind of teams down there filled with D-1 talent, we need that on the hill.  Hope it's getting back to that again.
The problem is, we never saw recruiters at the school.  I'm not sure if Glover wouldn't allow it or our reputation just scared coaches off.  We would see OK and Miami more than Hog coaches.  I really hope that has changed.  May have been the same for Warren all those years.  A lot of kids went to TN from there bc the Hogs didn't have a presence. 

The most I saw of the Hogs was one coach that came to talk to Tracy Caldwell and ask a few of us to walk on.  My soph year, OK would send a few guys.  The stories told from those recruiting trips were awesome.

Cure

U of A has been ignoring Pine Bluff for some time athletically, they are now making strides academically.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

tiber

LOL at you guys arguing over where this year's coaches are going to recruit. 

It's embarrassing enough the product these coaches are putting on the field... please don't let JLS in front of any prospective recruits.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: tiber on October 29, 2012, 01:14:23 pm
LOL at you guys arguing over where this year's coaches are going to recruit. 

It's embarrassing enough the product these coaches are putting on the field... please don't let JLS in front of any prospective recruits.
But the problem is EVERY U of A coach ignores the area.  I'm not even from Pine Bluff just a transplant but I've watched them play the past 15 years.  You've lost your mind if you don't think at least one kid EVERY YEAR can't at least be a solid 2 deep player.
Too many Hogville posters expect a 5 star on every sign.  They forget that in the SEC depth is what wins games.  Ignore the 2 deep and enjoy losing the 4th quarter week in and week out.

the_kosher_pig

Who's the last NWA player to make an impact somewhere other than QB?  I keep thinking about the big players lately to come through.  Dmac, Hillis, Gragg, Childs, Adams, Wright, Bequette, Franklin, Andrews, and Williams were all players not from NWA.  Easy to name them. 

Hogeration

I don't understand why no one is coming down to talk to the running back for PB right now.  He may be another Dennis Johnson in the making.

TouchdownRazrbcks

And the Conway RB and the Southside running back.. There are several that look really good..

the_kosher_pig

Duh, because athletes in Arkansas only come from NWA.  And there are only 2 of those at most per year.  We have to rely on random players from 5A schools in the Texas with offers to New Mexico and North Texas. 

DeltaBoy

The SE 3/4's of the state is ignored by UA when it comes to FB Players!  The Jackson Kid from Clarendon was looked at for Basketball only and he wanted to play FB and Basketball so he went to OBU.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ricepig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 08, 2012, 10:02:44 am
The SE 3/4's of the state is ignored by UA when it comes to FB Players!  The Jackson Kid from Clarendon was looked at for Basketball only and he wanted to play FB and Basketball so he went to OBU.

That's the biggest load of crap, they don't ignore anyone. If they fit their plans, they recruit them, and I'm from eastern Arkansas.

the_kosher_pig

I don't think you're paying attention if you're in Eastern Arkansas.  The U of A does nothing to get attention down here.  For most kids here the Hogs might as well be in another state.

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 08, 2012, 12:23:10 pm
I don't think you're paying attention if you're in Eastern Arkansas.  The U of A does nothing to get attention down here.  For most kids here the Hogs might as well be in another state.

Hell, I'm in Jonesboro, we 've had kids play up there, and I've seen Horton at ballgames every year. I'm sorry your 2A kid didn't get enough love, send them to camp. 

And the school has more Hog fans than woof fans.

the_kosher_pig

2A kid?  I'm talking about Pine Bluff.  The same Pine Bluff that has NATIONAL records still on the books. 

ricepig

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 08, 2012, 01:53:43 pm
2A kid?  I'm talking about Pine Bluff.  The same Pine Bluff that has NATIONAL records still on the books. 

The same one that used to have 70,000 pop and is on it's way to 45,000.  PB  has some kids that have been invited to games, it appears they are underclassmen.  Sign up to coach if you think you are a better talent evaluator.

the_kosher_pig

I would love to.  I've even offered my services to Ole Miss when they fired Nutt.  ???