Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

49 Plane formation flies over Chiefs game today..unreal.

Started by 99toLife, October 13, 2013, 04:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

I will try to snag some video, this was UNREAL folks...  May have set a world record? Guinness book of records was at the game for the fly by and to document the attempt to set the world record for loudest outdoor crowd ( Which the Chiefs set at 135.5 dbs).  Haven't heard if the flyby set the world record yet.

99toLife

99toLife

Just heard that the Guinness book of records rep that was on sight is in the process of certifying the formation, unofficially it's a world record as of now.  Either way is was 10 times more awesome than any military flyover I have seen.

99toLife

Flying Razorback

Pretty awesome.  I wonder what the exact description of the world record will be.  The only one that I could find in Guiness was for the largest "cargo aircraft" formation.  Unfortunately the military doesn't put in for any or there could be some real sweet numbers from the bomber raids on World War II.

I wonder how much time and practice was put in before the Chiefs/Raiders flyover.  What was the name of the group?
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

99toLife

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 14, 2013, 03:35:09 pm
Pretty awesome.  I wonder what the exact description of the world record will be.  The only one that I could find in Guiness was for the largest "cargo aircraft" formation.  Unfortunately the military doesn't put in for any or there could be some real sweet numbers from the bomber raids on World War II.

I wonder how much time and practice was put in before the Chiefs/Raiders flyover.  What was the name of the group?
I have no idea what the definition of formation is for the record. There were pilots from 19 states in the formation and I know they practiced all week in KC before the game because they flew over my house non stop for a week. It was an awesome sight.  The sound of 49 planes just sounds cool.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: 99toLife on October 15, 2013, 10:03:39 am
I have no idea what the definition of formation is for the record. There were pilots from 19 states in the formation and I know they practiced all week in KC before the game because they flew over my house non stop for a week. It was an awesome sight.  The sound of 49 planes just sounds cool.

That really is awesome.  With that much practice and coordination I hope they get recognized by Guinness.

99toLife

Quote from: FlyingRzrbkAF on October 15, 2013, 02:08:33 pm

That really is awesome.  With that much practice and coordination I hope they get recognized by Guinness.
Thanks , I was hoping an actual pilot looked at that and said .. DANG that takes a little practice with that many pilots that don't know each other. 

gotyacovered

that was awesome... i watched it on m phone ad the video was terrible... what kind of planes? sound on the video didnt do it justice...
You are what you tolerate.

99toLife

Quote from: gotyacovered on October 16, 2013, 09:26:32 am
that was awesome... i watched it on m phone ad the video was terrible... what kind of planes? sound on the video didnt do it justice...
Yeah, on a phone it's pretty weak. No idea what kind of planes but the sound in person was great, just hard to describe.

gotyacovered

Quote from: 99toLife on October 16, 2013, 09:33:35 am
  Yeah, on a phone it's pretty weak. No idea what kind of planes but the sound in person was great, just hard to describe.

i bet. i like just one plane flying over ;D 49 is hard to imagine.
You are what you tolerate.

Flying Razorback

john c

A guy I work with was at the game and sent me a photo he took.  I couldn't believe it.  The picture looked like the formation was perfect.  Really, really cool.