Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite fly in Resteraunts

Started by bvillepig, October 11, 2011, 08:41:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bvillepig

Mine is Lamberts at (KSIK) Home of the throwed rolls.

Have not tried Gastons. I ama little spooked on that one.

Any other good suggestion ?

Flying Razorback

Great thread!  +1

I'm a big fan of the food at Chennault in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

2 more that are in this region:

Hutchinson, Kansas - KHUT - a great restaurant buffet on the field.
Ponca City, OK - KPNC - best Mexican restaurant in the region

theFlyingHog

I haven't been to many. The little '50s diner at Norman, OK is pretty good for a burger. I like the southern home cookin at Pine Bluff. I always go to extremes to get to Pensacola for a big steak from McGuire's!

Flying Razorback

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 12, 2011, 06:25:46 pm
I haven't been to many. The little '50s diner at Norman, OK is pretty good for a burger. I like the southern home cookin at Pine Bluff. I always go to extremes to get to Pensacola for a big steak from McGuire's!

McGuire's is great.  I was in flight school there for 9 months and ate their as often as I could afford a big meal. 

I'm going to have to go back there again sometime soon.

theFlyingHog

I made my fiancee take me there for my bday. I paid for dinner and a weekend at the beach, she let me do her on the balcony. I'll take it. hahaha

gotyacovered

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 12, 2011, 06:54:34 pm
I made my fiancee take me there for my bday. I paid for dinner and a weekend at the beach, she let me do her on the balcony. I'll take it. hahaha

sounds like a slam dunk of a weekend.
You are what you tolerate.

bvillepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 12, 2011, 06:54:34 pm
Cant believe no has asked for pictures.

I read this to my wife mainly because I have a birthday coming up. Sounds like a great idea !!!  Not sure she's bought in.

I guess that's the the diff in fiance and being married your whole life.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: bvillepig on October 13, 2011, 04:28:22 pm
Cant believe no has asked for pictures.

I read this to my wife mainly because I have a birthday coming up. Sounds like a great idea !!!  Not sure she's bought in.

I guess that's the the diff in fiance and being married your whole life.
No pics available. I broke up with her in May. I did have some interesting video....  ;)
The balcony wasn't out of the norm, really. We lived just outside Biloxi so the beach was common..a pier close to one of our bars too. Tell your wife you only live once and it's good for both of you and a good memory to have

bvillepig

I truly am sorry for the bad joke . It is a common thing to ask for pictures on another pilot forum I belong to. Then someone will beat them to it by posting stupid stuff.

Good luck to you.

theFlyingHog

Oh don't worry about it. Her 3 kids were cramping my style. She was a real bitch too. Haha

Dochog90

My family and I like flying to Patti's 1880's Settlement on Kentucky Lake.  You fly into Kentucky Dam State Park airport (M34) and call the restaurant.  They send a shuttle over to pick you up.  The food is great and it's a nice trip, less than an hour from NE Arkansas in my 182.  You might need to call ahead for reservations on weekends.   Their website has the menu and details.
Just be careful, with the 2 inch pork chops and desserts you might have to recalculate your weight & balance for the trip home!

gotyacovered

Quote from: Dochog90 on February 19, 2012, 11:41:50 pm
My family and I like flying to Patti's 1880's Settlement on Kentucky Lake.  You fly into Kentucky Dam State Park airport (M34) and call the restaurant.  They send a shuttle over to pick you up.  The food is great and it's a nice trip, less than an hour from NE Arkansas in my 182.  You might need to call ahead for reservations on weekends.   Their website has the menu and details.
Just be careful, with the 2 inch pork chops and desserts you might have to recalculate your weight & balance for the trip home!

sounds like my type of place. welcome to the board...
You are what you tolerate.

bvillepig

February 20, 2012, 11:49:45 am #13 Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:51:44 am by bvillepig
Will be going to PAtti's in the next couple weeks.  I have had that one on the list for a while and have not made it but my two hanger buddies have. They say it is great.

Welcome to the board Doc.

GusMcRae

February 22, 2012, 03:36:19 pm #14 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:40:51 am by gotyacovered
I have not flown in to eat anywhere yet, but have had a couple of recommendations.

Cedar Mills (3T0) that is on Lake Texhoma.  Friend said that it is about a 1/2 mile walk from the little grass airport over to the marina where they keep some nice sail boats and a restaurant.

Fredericksburg (T82) is supposed to have a nice little retro diner, as well as lodging. 
It ain't dieing I'm talking about Woodrow,,,, It's living!

Being a pilot isn't all seat-of-the-pants flying and glory. It's self- discipline, practice, study, analysis and preparation. It's precision. If you can't keep the gauges where you want them with everything free and easy, how can you keep them there when everything goes wrong?