Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on 2011 class- **Weir now enrolled**

Started by JackJohnson, July 05, 2011, 11:09:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VenturaHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 08, 2011, 06:04:36 pm
It is no coincidence that Dean and Sims ended up being the ones left out. Both had marginal senior seasons. Sims had the knee injury and a position change. Dean got big. To succeed without being able to sign a string of blue-chippers, Petrino has to make every offer count.

Five players were midterm-eligible. That left 25 slots for fall. They only added Atiga and Stringer because they knew only 23 were going to make it from February.

I say "left 25 slots." Petrino and staff managed the roster slack very firmly this year. Gone after spring: Berna, Calender, Camara, Feldt, Moss, Oxner, Ray, maybe more than we know yet.

Don't know how they know to recruit to 21, unless some kids are do-or-die this season. Don't believe they have more than 16 seniors on scholarship (excluding Broderick Green).

Aren't they both Academically Ineligible?

HoginClinton

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 07, 2011, 09:47:14 pm
If I get the late signee thingy correctly, these guys can sign with another school as long as they haven't set foot on UA's campus as a student (ie, enrolled). That gives you a moment's pause with Atiga.

JUCO guys are a dice roll for sure. I'd add Marvin Jackson as a pretty solid contributor. Not sure we EVER had a lineman work out as a JUCO transfer, though. *shudder* I have Skye Peterson flashbacks...
Gene Perry?

COCHISE

The Stringer commitment just became huge!

Mike_e

Did you guys notice the wind whipping around when Weir was playing QB on his videos?  This kid may get a shot at QB and stick.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

fearless_leader

Leon had one nice year but didn't show much his first year here.  Crim was, I thought, out of place at CB, and was a much better FS than he was a CB.

But you're right, those two ultimately paid off.  That said, we NEED these JC's for 2011 to really show up and make a big impact.  I don't know much about Stringer, but I know he's probably on the 2-deep from day one with these issues with Oden.