Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V ole miss

Started by flippinhogmana, December 29, 2017, 05:12:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Ole miss looks better than us just comparing rosters.  They have more height, but they dont use it much.  They have a 6-3 girl and a 6-5 girl that they use very little so far.

But two factors play in our favor.  One, Ole Miss has had a comparatively weaker schedule.  Two, we are playing at home.  They just had two tough losses to recover from that exposed their weaknesses, and they also had a recovery game to reestablish themselves.  It will be a cat fight I am sure, probably not decided until late.

I hope we dont get off to a slow start.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

game time is 2:00 pm Sunday, and it will be at the Bud, will also be televised on Espn/Sec Tv for those of you who have that link.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

Their bigs are big bodies but slow.  Williams and Thomas need to beat them up the floor.  I think we can run them out of the gym.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on December 29, 2017, 08:07:20 pm
Their bigs are big bodies but slow.  Williams and Thomas need to beat them up the floor.  I think we can run them out of the gym.

I hope you are right LBBF.  I know that is how MN has prepped them.  I hope they dont come out with jitters.  We will see in about thirty minutes.

flippinhogmana

I dont know yet (until tipoff) whether this is their actual starting lineup or not, but right now it shows that the Ole Miss starting lineup is actually smaller than ours, their tallest player being 5-10 forward Glover.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

as usual the opponent wins the tip
Ole Miss with a turnover
hogs do the same, then both miss a shot
nearly two minutes gone and no score as of yet, hogs turn it over (2nd) at 8:26

flippinhogmana

still no score after two minutes
cosper drives and gets the first two with a kiss off the glass, but the miesses respond, 2-2

flippinhogmana

zimmer drives and kisses it off the glass, hogs 4-2
cosper misses a three after another old miss empty trip
4-2 hogs at 5:53, ole misses has their 6-5 girl in now

flippinhogmana

offensive rebound for the rebels, will go to the line trailing, 4-4
hits the first, and (Rnb in) and the second 4-4

flippinhogmana

jalen masson with a three to push the hogs out 7-4
MM draws a foul on a drive and will shoot fouls (Mason with 3, cosper 2 and zimmer with two)
cosper with three boards so far, monk with one
mason shown with the only turnover but that is not accurate
teams in a media time out at the moment at the 4:45 mark of the first quarter

flippinhogmana

monk hits the first, and misses the second 8-4 hogs

flippinhogmana

rebels big girl gets the ball down low but shuffles her feet
thomas knocks it down from behind the free throw line (and now hits a three) she has five points, ole miss responses with a bucket, hogs 13-9 at 2:38, rebels turn it over again.

flippinhogmana

swinson with a three from the baseline 16-9 hogs

flippinhogmana

rebels with a lot of turnover
hogs with five and rebels with six
rebels knock down a three, mason responds, 19-12 hogs at under a minute now

flippinhogmana

rebels with a miss but an offensive rebound and a foul, hits the first (35 seconds left) and the second, 19-14 hogs
hogs play for the last shot, monk misses thomas rebounds, blocked and the quarter ends 19-14 hogs (high scoring quarter despite the turnovers for the hogs
scoring mason with six, thomas with five, swinson with three, zimmer two, cosper two, and monk with one
boards, cosper with three, swenson, monk, mason and thomas with one each\
turnovers, monk with two, mason, cosper, swenson with one each

flippinhogmana

hogs with the ball to open the second quarter
drive and miss by Rnb, williams with a block on the other end
they call a non existent foul, rebels miss the first, and the second, cosper with her fourth board
and miss the jump shot at the other end, still 19-14 rebels miss and williams picks up her second foul
rebels hit the first ft, and the second, 19-16 hogs at 8:57

flippinhogmana

mason picks up a kiss off the glass 21-16 hogs
rebels answer with a three, 21-19
monk is blocked out of bounds and then coper misses and williams with a clean block on the other end
cosper drives for a layup on the other end, 23-19
rebvels answers and a foul on williams, (her third) and the ft is good as well, hogs 23-22

flippinhogmana

Rnb answers with a three hogs 26-22, rebels miss and cosper has her fifth board
thomas is fouled on the other end heads to the line with a 26-22 lead
hits the first, and misses the second, 27-22 hogs at 6:25
rebels hit a three to pull with 2 again, monk hits a jumper on the other end 29-25

flippinhogmana

rebels run and miss swinson with the board
foul on taylor thomas after a hogs miss on the other end
29-25 hogs at 5:17
rebvels hit a thre
29-28 at the media timeout (4:46 to go in the half)

flippinhogmana

mason leading the way in scoring with 8 (3-5 from the field, 2-2 from 3)

flippinhogmana

it is only showing williams with one foul, but thats not right, I know she has at least two unless they gave the foul to someone else

flippinhogmana

rebels socre insid eto take the lead 30-29, hogs have come up empty last three times down the court
cosper long three miss, Rnb with the offensive board but williams misses inside
monk pushes it down for a layup to reclaim the lead 31-30 at #:05
rebels miss and hogs push it down, miss but williams with the drive and draws the foul on the put back, hits the first
and the second, 33-30 hogs

flippinhogmana

monk at the line off a drive, misses the first, and hits the second, 34-30 hogs, cosper misses on the other end
rebels turn if over and hogs have the ball with 1:47 to go, cosper drives and picks up a foul will go to the line
misses the first, and hits the second, 35-30 hogs with 1:28 to go

flippinhogmana

swinson with a block and cosper drives (for her seventh point) 37-30, but the rebels answer inside for a bucket, 37-32
monk misses inside
rebels play for the last shot but turn it over and hogs will play for the last shot
but the hogs dont get a shot off, hogs 37-32 at the half

flippinhogmana

williams is now leading in boards with six, cosper with five, monk, Rnb and mason with two
scoring - mason with eight, cosper with seven, monk and thomas with six, swenson with three, williams with two

flippinhogmana

hogs have cut down on their turnovers since the first quarter, now with six
rebels have 10

flippinhogmana

willams is still shown with just one foul so they must have given those other two fouls to zimmer and cosper or mason, Thomas has two fouls and Weaver has yet to play

flippinhogmana

williams, mason and swinson all have blocks for the hogs,
rebels have three blocks as well despite having a lot more size

flippinhogmana

second half just beginning, rebels with the ball
get the ball inside but knocked out of bounds
offensive foul on the rebels
mason hits a short jumper on the baseline on a feed from zimmer hogs 39-32
zimmer with a good hustle play
cosper a good feed to monk for the layup, hogs 41-32 at the 8:30 mark
rebels draw a foul but no shot43-32
williams with a block and then a long feed to cosper for a runout, hogs

flippinhogmana

I shorted williams one block, she now has three
with two minutes gone by, the hogs have expanded their half time lead to eleven
and the rebels take a time out
mason with ten, cosper with nine, and monk with eight
rebels with a turnover, havent scored in the second half
media time out at the moment (hogs took a time out to avoid a turnover)

hawgrunner

flippinhogmana

williams with a layup for her fourth point, (with seven boards) and the hogs lead 45-32
williams picks up a foul on the other end (bogus) and rebels go to the line, hits the first (subs come in for hogs) and the second, hogs 45-34
mason gets tied up on the sideline 6;58 to go in the half
thomas travels

flippinhogmana

monk stops and pops for the bucket for her tenth point, hogs 47-34
rebels reply inside, cosper hits a three to answer, 50-36

hawgrunner

double figures for a few ladies!

flippinhogmana

mason fouls on a drive (2nd) rebels go to the line, hit the first, and the second 50-38
monk gets tied up (rebels pressing) rebels ball
rebel foul on a drive inside, mason picks up her third foul, swinson to come in
5:11 to go
hits one 50-39
Rnb hits a tow on the other end 52-39
rebel hits inside, 52-41, csoper turns it over
4:12 to go  rebel drive inside and score, foul on swinson
rebels miss but get the offensive rebound and score, hogs 52-45

flippinhogmana

hogs are just not blocking out well right now and are turning it over
three minutes to go
cosper travels on a drive
cosper with another board off a rebel miss
monk is fouled on a drive heads to the line and hits the first and the second, hogs 54-45

flippinhogmana

cosper gets a block the other end, swinson misses a three on the other end, follows her misses, get the rebound and scores and is fouled, hits the ft, lead back to twelve, 57-45

flippinhogmana

cosper runs the board out, drives, scores and one to come, hits the ft, now has 15 points, hogs 60-45

hawgrunner

flippinhogmana

rebels answer with a three
swinson misses
rebels turn it over
cosper pass deflected and stolen
williams with another block
monk drives misses, swinson follows, hogs 62-48 in the last seconds of the quarter, rebels answer down low, 62-50 at the end of the quarter

flippinhogmana

cosper on her way to another double double (15 pts and nine boards)
monk with 12
mason 10
swenson 8
williams with 4 pts, 8 boards, and four blocks

flippinhogmana

SC just beat A&M by two, florida leading auburn

flippinhogmana

hogs turn it over to start the fourth
williams gets a foul (3rd) on the other end
rebels score on a jumper
62-52
hogs with a lot of hustle, misses offensive rebounds and finally ends with an offensive foul on DC
8:41 to go, williams picks up her fourth foul
taylah thomas and Rnb in
rebels miss the first ft, hits the second, 62-53 hogs

flippinhogmana

cosper misses
rebels score on a drive inside 62-55
hogs still hustling but they are not getting good officiating for one thing
Mn gets a T
rebels hit the first and the second, now a five point game and rebels with the ball
62-5

flippinhogmana

rebels back to the line, 62-58 and 59 after two
7:07 to go
hogs with a turnover on monk
under seven to go rebels with th eball and a chance to go ahead and they score to bring it down to a one point lead, 62-61

flippinhogmana

hogs yielding to some of the same as the ASU game, secondary pressure is speeding them up and they are forcing the ball rather than letting the game come to them, plus they are giving up way too many drives and offensive boards

flippinhogmana

6:33 to go when play resumes, hogs with the ball
mason back in
cosper hits a long contested three! hogs by four 65-61
rebels answer inside

flippinhogmana

65-63
Rnb scores inside on a drive 67-63
refs really helping the rebels
hits the first, and the second, 67-65
five minutes to go

flippinhogmana

devin misses
rebels score from the baseline tie game
williams is fouled inside
misses the first, hits the second 68-67 hogs
rebels travels with the ball