Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check Your Rearview Mirror

Started by Porked Tongue, November 09, 2017, 08:37:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

If they didn't like you at first, the end will eventually be orchestrated by those most "powerful" of men.

If you are winning they will lay low in the bushes but once you start to lose they will give you a professional enema. 

But as they do their dirty work, they will also be self-serving in their desire to keep it quiet.

Going to be a newsworthy 4 weeks.

Oklahawg

Petulant children grow up to be petulant adults.

Curious how screwed up the "going forward" transition might be. Could be fantastic and simple - if orchestrated properly.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Scott7703

So you've finally come around porked! Will there be a homecoming at the end of the rainbow?

RazorHawg16

25th is 16 days away. That is the day after the Mizzou game and the day I expect BB to be out. What else is newsworthy for the two weeks after?

SPAL

Anytime I hear someone lying in wait in the bushes, I think of the time pork rind James hid in the bushes with his razr flip phone and harassed nutt and filmed it.

Hogville has had some moments.

Großer Kriegschwein

They'll have everything together by season's end. The end of Bret will be well scripted.
This is my non-signature signature.

WilsonHog

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 08:37:47 pm
If they didn't like you at first, the end will eventually be orchestrated by those most "powerful" of men.

If you are winning they will lay low in the bushes but once you start to lose they will give you a professional enema. 

But as they do their dirty work, they will also be self-serving in their desire to keep it quiet.

I'm not following.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 09, 2017, 09:08:42 pm
I'm not following.

Ignored boosters didn't like the Bielema hire. He won some games so they couldn't complain, but now his losing is epic and they have a forum in some members of the BoTs.

They have found an audience.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 08:37:47 pm

When did they ever win...either one of them?  Unless 8-5 is enough to scare off the power brokers, I don't know when it happened.

Long and Bielema have no one to blame but themselves.  If you're going to step into the batter's box at this level you better not strike out very many times.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 09, 2017, 09:01:19 pm
They'll have everything together by season's end. The end of Bret will be well scripted.
But who will write that script?

WilsonHog

November 09, 2017, 09:20:34 pm #11 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:54:13 pm by WilsonHog
Long came in with a mandate to scrub the Broyles Complex clean of the "GOBN." In the process, he swept out most everyone who with a Razorback connection. Rubbed folks the wrong way.

Long's cleansing is coming back to haunt him.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 09, 2017, 09:20:30 pm
But who will write that script?

Good question.

Wont be Steinmetz. He doesn't care much about football and will probably bend to the wisdom of the BoTs.

I'd say it will be written by Long. When a shot is put across the bow. He'll turn. If not, the next one will be a direct hit on him. Long isnt bigger than Razorback football.

Steinmetz is an academic. Probably looks at football as an annoyance to his primary job as an educator.

Rudy Baylor

November 09, 2017, 09:28:02 pm #13 Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:43:53 am by Rudy Baylor
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 09, 2017, 09:00:17 pm
Anytime I hear someone lying in wait in the bushes, I think of the time pork rind James hid in the bushes with his razr flip phone and harassed nutt and filmed it.

Hogville has had some moments.