Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What I know about Hog Football Fans

Started by HeyHogs, November 20, 2017, 05:26:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Some things I have picked up about Hog fans over the last 45 Hog Football seasons.

1.  They think that the Hogs should win the National Title every year just like they did back in the day.
2.  They show up to games if the team is winning and not so much when they are losing.  (Says more about the fan than the players.)
3.  They are convinced that they can get Jon Gruden out of the booth and onto the field into a Hog visor.
4.  Some and I mean some are just plain stupid crazy!
5.  Most and I mean most love their team win or lose.
6.  In the middle we have fans that will not stand for anything other than a winning bowl season and usually want that bowl to mean something.
7.  Almost all are passionate and love Razorback football.

CBB is a decent man and I thank him for the years that he did well and wish he had done more the last two years.  I wish he never hired Anderson.  I will root for the man and I hope that he lands at a school where he can win the National Championship that he promised me.  I enjoyed getting to know this man and I am sure that the next coach may win more  or he may not. 

I do know that as a Hog football fan that we will all be back here in a few years because their is absolutely one truth about Hog Football Fans.

8.  Hog football fans do not have any patience.

Go ahead Mod, stick it in the trash before someone asks you to.

jgphillips3

You just described the fan base of every school in America that has ever enjoyed any success. 

ronmahony

Yeah I have been hearing Tennessee is figuring on Gruden, guess they beat us to it. Durn it, I thought for sure we had him. Guess we will win the N.C. without him next year.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 20, 2017, 05:26:33 pm
Some things I have picked up about Hog fans over the last 45 Hog Football seasons.

1.  They think that the Hogs should win the National Title every year just like they did back in the day.
2.  They show up to games if the team is winning and not so much when they are losing.  (Says more about the fan than the players.)
3.  They are convinced that they can get Jon Gruden out of the booth and onto the field into a Hog visor.
6.  In the middle we have fans that will not stand for anything other than a winning bowl season and usually want that bowl to mean something.

CBB is a decent man and I thank him for the years that he did well and wish he had done more the last two years.  I wish he never hired Anderson.  I will root for the man and I hope that he lands at a school where he can win the National Championship that he promised me.  I enjoyed getting to know this man and I am sure that the next coach may win more  or he may not. 

I do know that as a Hog football fan that we will all be back here in a few years because their is absolutely one truth about Hog Football Fans.

i'm sorry son but i simply can't go full on Indiana or purdue fan with you.

you don't pay someone 4mm dollars a year to be a nice guy.

his biggest mistake was taking a job he wasn't ready for. happens all the time, it's called the peter principal.

HogPharmer

Quote from: ronmahony on November 20, 2017, 05:47:22 pm
Yeah I have been hearing Tennessee is figuring on Gruden, guess they beat us to it. Durn it, I thought for sure we had him. Guess we will win the N.C. without him next year.

Now that was just plain stupid crazy!!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hoghearted

Yeah, we are so impatient, it's only been a five year tenure....*rolls eyes*
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Rayzback

I've been walking the streets at night, just trying to get it right. Its hard to see with so many around. You know I don't like being stuck in the crowd.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

cj_sez

1) No, but we do expect to be competitive in conference and never to have to worry about OOC games.
2) We moved to Colorado, but still get to a couple of games a year, and give the tickets to our nephews still there when we aren't there.
   We donate despite expectations.
3) Gruden? Hardly, but Bielema is a far cry from SEC material.
4) Not stupid or crazy....but keeping a failure for a coach would be evidence of both.
5) Loving the Razorbacks comes easy, but that doesn't have to include coaches.
6) A decent bowl game with a successful outcome is something every fan should have the expectation of seeing.
7) Glad you share the passion.

As far as Bielema goes, I do not wish him a National Championship for that would mean displacing the wish of the same for the HOGS (note that is a wish, not a demand). Hog fans have patience, but 5 years of dismal results and a decline in quality is enough. A lack of a showing of adaptability is enough. Sure, we may be back in the same boat in the future, but at least with a replacement we have a hope of achieving and avoiding that possibility.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: ronmahony on November 20, 2017, 05:47:22 pm

I'm told three or four times a day that TN is hiring Gruden.   That's all they talk about. 

TexasHog

Quote from: hoghearted on November 20, 2017, 05:55:03 pm
Yeah, we are so impatient, it's only been a five year tenure....*rolls eyes*

This^

HogRyder

Hey if his oline was mediocre this year, he be the coach next year and be playing in a bowl this year. 

But for not for one more dang year will I watch a QB get drilled in the ground. 

I've seen some bad Arkansas teams but never have I've seen this bad an offensive line. Last year I thought I'd seen the worse oline in hog history but this year it's even worse.

And let's not even talk about defense. It's been bad before Bret got here, but it's not good and there are few bright spots on that side of the ball as well.

Danny Ford's last year the fans could at least say there were bright spots for the next year.

Garon111

:puke:

Davidr295

SooieGeneris

November 20, 2017, 07:38:10 pm #13 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 07:54:44 pm by SooieGeneris

Who are these fans who expect to win the NC every year? I don't know ANY unless you count the cretins at 'Bama and maybe some corndoggers..

I also don't personally know anyone who expects Jon Gruden to come here-unless he's scouting a player for his QB show on ESPN in the future.

As for the crazies, what fan base does not have those? Do you ever watch Gameday or talk to fans of other programs?

I had a Corndog fan last year trying to tell me that Cajun Ed was going to run Saban out of the SEC.

As for the other items, that goes for any program that has fans with any passion at all.

And patience? Most SEC level programs would have canned BB LAST YEAR. I AM losing patience with his canned blurb about "I get it, it's a microwave world."

That has to be the dumbest statement by an embattled coach I've heard in ears, especially a coach in year FIVE.

Expecting better than 4-8, 5-7 if most of the Mizzou players come down with the flu Friday, is not unreasonable or impatient.

If he, or anyone for that matter, had to wait 5 hours for a meal at a restaurant after ordering, would he stick around if the waitress said: "I get it, it's a microwave world, but the food is on it's way, maybe in 10 minutes, maybe another hour?"

NO, he would have been gone long before then and so would nearly everyone else!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

ronmahony

Quote from: East TN HAWG on November 20, 2017, 07:15:53 pm
I'm told three or four times a day that TN is hiring Gruden.   That's all they talk about. 

Yeah we all know how crazy that is. Everybody knows he has a soft spot for the Hogs.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Uncommon

1. False.  The expectation, at least for me, is to be in the top 25 every year.  This based on the fact we have a Top 25 Forbes value.  Your value should match your expectation.
2. The customer is always right.  If the product is not worth the demand, that is the fault of the product.  Not the consumer.
8. There has been enough patience.  Hog fans are correct to call for Bielema's head to roll.  Based on S&P ratings since 2005, this is the worst Arkansas Razorback football team by a wide margin.  I think it's not too far fetched to say the 2012 John L. Smith led Razorbacks could beat this team.

Vantage 8 dude

Got ya's beat 'cause I've been following the Hogs for as long as I was old enough to remember which would be better than 60 years. In any event, while we have our "crazies" as does any fan base, I think generally speaking most fans are fairly patient AS LONG AS THEY CAN SEE PROGRESS. Unfortunately in the case of CBB we obviously got off on a terrible foot his first season. The next couple seemed to be showing some improvement until around the Awbarn debacle last year. Whatever triggered that fiasco it was soon followed up by the inexplicable and inexcusable second half collapses at Mizzou and in the bowl game against VT. Unfortunately we never really got things going this season with a disappointing loss against TCU and yet ANOTHER possible victory given away against TAM. Add to that the woes against all our SEC brethren, barely squeaking out a victory against OM and almost becoming the laughing stock of the entire NCAA when we barely beat a BAD CC team. So........with all that in mind I honestly can't say that most fans have been all that impatient or unreasonable when it comes to Bret's lack of performance. I think after five (mostly) bad years and an overall losing record any consideration or patience with the man has been more than used up. It is time for a change, not question, no doubt, no arguments.

So in the end, and with all due respect, IMO much of what you say is total hog wash. A bad joke... :-[ :-[ :-X :puke: :puke:

Garon111

November 20, 2017, 08:33:59 pm #17 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:51:37 pm by Garon111

It's obvious by your posts over the last month you really believed JL and BB were safe.  I know your hurt now that everything you believe and preach has seemingly been proven incorrect.  I feel you... Instead of turning your anger toward fans, why not turn your anger toward the coaching staff that decided to go for it on 4th and two, blowing any chance of victory on Saturday?  It would certainly be more appropriate.

hawgball40

SPAL

I'm not convinced we can get gruden. It'll take a bill cowher to get us back to the level we can attract gruden. We missed that boat. Cowher is attainable at this point. We just have to have the bones of Sam Walton to write the check.