Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Is a 13 Point Dog to Missouri

Started by NaturalStateReb, November 20, 2017, 08:25:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jcbville

cjack

Two score underdogs to Mississippi State and Missouri at home.  #Uncommon
Woooo Pig Soooie!

The Hawg Marshal

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: hogz11 on November 20, 2017, 08:27:23 am
And I'd expect Missouri to cover that easily.....

Strongly considering taking the over and making some money, and I never bet on sports.

Großer Kriegschwein

If we play cover zero against Missouri, they will score fiddy points in the first half.
This is my non-signature signature.

jgphillips3

I'm seeing this as a 52-35 affair so that sounds about right to open.  Yes, it is sad and pathetic that we have sunk to this, but for Vegas, sounds about right to get money moving.

Michael D Huff AIA

Only 13 point dogs?  Vegas is being nice to us. 

We get beat 17-20 easily.

KCRazorbackfan

I hate to say it, but Barry Odom and company will do their best to lay an ass whipping on Bielema for his last game.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

Ex-Trumpet

Hard game to call.

MSU's offense is completely different than Mizzou, as is their defense.

Like just about every game this year, Hogs could win or get blown out.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 20, 2017, 09:11:07 am
Hard game to call.

Hogs could win or get blown out.
           No                        Yes
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hogwild

double digit dog at home to both State and Mizzou, we have hit rock bottom

HF#1

This is what rock bottom feels like. I never thought this program would sink lower than when John L was head coach. But here we are.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

S.A.D.C

That seems way too low...  Would expect closer to 17 or even 20.  Hell, maybe 40. 
They have the best QB in the conference, 45+ points in each of their last 5 games.  Not sure how we score more than 21 points... Our offense in a train wreck on the way to a dumpster fire. 

sowmonella

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 20, 2017, 09:11:07 am
Hard game to call.

Mizzou is like Ole Miss with a slightly better running game.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Grag T

I predict a surprisingly close game; a loss, but close.  Not sure why, just one o dem feelin's.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 20, 2017, 08:25:52 am
Unbelievable.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/college-football-betting-odds-sec-week-13-games-offshore-odds-2
Not really. Uh...have you seen this Arkansas team play ??? :o Seriously, I agree that being AT HOME against an improving, but certainly not great, Missouri team we should be favored. However, let's also be realistic............. :-[ :'( :puke:

moses_007

Unreal.  Missouri was all but dead three weeks ago, but has won what, three in a row, and if they beat Arkansas they will finish the regular season 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC.  They are leading the SEC in both passing and total offense.  They will pass us silly.

HogBreath

Quote from: HF#1 on November 20, 2017, 09:30:35 am
This is what rock bottom feels like. I never thought this program would sink lower than when John L was head coach. But here we are.
Ah yes, looking back at Coach John L Smith and the good ole days.  How could we have known that it'd take beloved Coach B five years to win as many SEC games as Coach Smith did in that one glorious season.

Smile.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Etowah

It's going to be a good  Christmas present.
Bet the Hogs and make some easy money.

Not only do we cover...we win.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 10:04:51 am
Unreal.  Missouri was all but dead three weeks ago, but has won what, three in a row, and if they beat Arkansas they will finish the regular season 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC.  They are leading the SEC in both passing and total offense.  They will pass us silly.

They have won 5 in a row.  3 conference games, preceded by 2 non-conference games.

Right now, I'd say they are the second best team in the East (which admittedly isn't saying much).
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TNRazorbacker

Not nearly enough. They are going to run us off the field.

ChicoHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 10:04:51 am
Agree that they have risen from the dead.  Kudos to them but look who they have played in those 5 games. Idaho, UConn, vandy Tenner and UF.  All bad teams. the East only has 2 good teams, UGA and SCarolina.  UK is decent.  Not saying that we will win but I would temper my Mizzou hype. 

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 20, 2017, 12:21:53 pm
Agree that they have risen from the dead.  Kudos to them but look who they have played in those 5 games. Idaho, UConn, vandy Tenner and UF.  All bad teams. the East only has 2 good teams, UGA and SCarolina.  UK is decent.  Not saying that we will win but I would temper my Mizzou hype.

Right now, Missouri is better than Kentucky and probably South Carolina too.  UGA is very good. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Donny2665

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 20, 2017, 08:56:32 am
I'm seeing this as a 52-35 affair so that sounds about right to open.  Yes, it is sad and pathetic that we have sunk to this, but for Vegas, sounds about right to get money moving.

35 points?? With this Offense? I hope you're right!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

HotlantaHog

It could be close, but I think if I were betting (and I am not) I would take Mizzou and the points.

The Pocahontas Porker

Take the Hogs an the points  . They will cover this easily . They might lose but this is a game Ithat will make you money , take the Hogs an the spread
The Pitt Boss ,  The Muss Bus , The DVH Wagon . Coach Diefel , Coach Taylor , Coach Wieber an Coach McMakin life is great on the hill .

elksnort

We should line up and run the damn wishbone at them.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 20, 2017, 08:56:32 am

Ha, this offense won't score 35 without some mizzou help like Ms st gave us

jgphillips3

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2017, 08:47:23 am
Ha, this offense won't score 35 without some mizzou help like Ms st gave us

Normally, I would agree with you.  I just think we are going to let it all hang out and it will be one of those 'offensive' games.

Pecos Hog

That spread doesn't surprise me.    They score so fast it messes you up.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 21, 2017, 08:56:21 am
Normally, I would agree with you.  I just think we are going to let it all hang out and it will be one of those 'offensive' games.

No in between for sure.  We either sling it around, see play calling unlike we've seen, see decision making unlike we've seen with this staff and we go and play with them.  Or this team gives up and can't wait to get off the field out of the showers and on too thanksgiving and partying the off season. 

Keep in mind with betting, this line opened around 11 and has been bet up to 13, it will be heavily bet again closer to game time most likely, It's funny how lopsided bet games end up, they usually don't go the way of the wagers.