Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News Starting to Break out of Florida

Started by WilsonHog, November 19, 2017, 06:51:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elkhog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 19, 2017, 06:51:01 pm
Looks like Chip Kelly is their man.

"As of Sunday, Chip Kelly has agreed to be the 27th head coach for the University of Florida football team. Welcome to #GatorNation Chip."

This is a tweet from the son of one of the members of the search committee.

Florida doesnt' mess around when it comes to their football program and obtaining winning coaches.
SEC just got tougher.
GO HOGS!!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 20, 2017, 10:40:11 am
"Nothing to gain by firing Bret two weeks ago."

When our coaching search is geared to one of two guys who are currently employed, there wasn't anything to be gained.

Dropkick

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 20, 2017, 10:40:11 am
"Nothing to gain by firing Bret two weeks ago."
Really not, we aren't gonna be in the mix for Kelly, Gruden, etc.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 19, 2017, 09:24:19 pm
Looks like there is NO deal between Florida and Kelly

https://twitter.com/RobbieAndreu/status/932444920018808832
https://twitter.com/RobbieAndreu/status/932445253629554689

Looks like Kelly is holding out on signing the Florida contract to see what UCLA offers.

Cali > Fla....not even close.

longpig

Quote from: jackflash on November 20, 2017, 11:23:07 am
at least their in the eastern conference

Yes there are, the eastern conference of the SEC division.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Tony Perkis

UCLA has reportedly reached out to Jeff Fisher, which is smart if 6-6 is your goal.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Mellon Collie on November 20, 2017, 11:53:34 am
Cali > Fla....not even close.

Cali better be bank loaded after paying a 12 million buyout and chips salary after a bidding war with uf.  Apparently the president of the university was one of those that flew to NH to meet with Chips reps. Florida is in full court press for chip and I hope they get him. I don't want them missing out on chip and frost and turning their eyes on Norvell.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 20, 2017, 11:58:31 am
Cali better be bank loaded after paying a 12 million buyout and chips salary after a bidding war with uf.  Apparently the president of the university was one of those that flew to NH to meet with Chips reps. Florida is in full court press for chip and I hope they get him. I don't want them missing out on chip and frost and turning their eyes on Norvell.

Presumably UCLA could pivot to Norvell if they missed out on Chip, too.

TrueBlue

Quote from: elkhog on November 20, 2017, 11:32:53 am
Florida doesnt' mess around when it comes to their football program and obtaining winning coaches.
SEC just got tougher.

Florida missed out on their chance when they (Florida AD and Admin) all flew up to New Hampshire and couldn't get the deal done. Better concentrate on Frost now if you are Florida.

ipigsooie

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 20, 2017, 12:00:55 pm
Presumably UCLA could pivot to Norvell if they missed out on Chip, too.

They'll want a West coast guy most likely. I don't see norvell choosing ucla unless he doesn't get another job in the south. I know he coaches at ASU but I still think he wants to be around this general area.

ipigsooie

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 20, 2017, 12:06:23 pm
They'll want a West coast guy most likely. I don't see norvell choosing ucla unless he doesn't get another job in the south. I know he coaches at ASU but I still think he wants to be around this general area.

Coached.  Sorry. Typo

online-with-swine

The big knock on UCLA has nothing to do with the school but everything to do with the cost to live there.  Difficult to attract and keep good assistants when they have to put so much of their salary towards a home to live in and then deal with the Cal taxes.  Florida is cheaper and has no state income tax.