Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News Starting to Break out of Florida

Started by WilsonHog, November 19, 2017, 06:51:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Looks like Chip Kelly is their man.

"As of Sunday, Chip Kelly has agreed to be the 27th head coach for the University of Florida football team. Welcome to #GatorNation Chip."

This is a tweet from the son of one of the members of the search committee.

Tony Perkis

Wow. Moved fast after the news out of UCLA.

Ironhawg

Wow!  I really expected him to take the UCLA job.

Oliver

Sucks if true.  Was really hoping he'd take the UCLA job

ChicoHog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 19, 2017, 06:51:01 pm
Looks like Chip Kelly is their man.

"As of Sunday, Chip Kelly has agreed to be the 27th head coach for the University of Florida football team. Welcome to #GatorNation Chip."

This is a tweet from the son of one of the members of the search committee.
Good news.  That just confirms my hatred of the Gators since I think Kelly is a complete jerk and over rated coach.  We'll see how he handles the pressure there when things go south. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

rhames

Winter is here

Who will be our Agon Targaryan??
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Wardhog85

Means Scott Frost needs to be our number 1 target now!

ChicoHog

Quote from: Wardhog85 on November 19, 2017, 07:02:56 pm
Good call!  NU will go hard after him. 

longpig

Meh, unless it's in Atlanta (lol) Kelly will be long gone from Gainesville before we play them again.
Don't be scared, be smart.

ipigsooie

There was a report that nebraska offered 42 mill for 7 years. He was asked about it and got pissed. I think thats real. 

ipigsooie

Quote from: Oliver on November 19, 2017, 06:53:24 pm
Sucks if true.  Was really hoping he'd take the UCLA job

Its good news for us. Thats one less team we have to worry about going after any of our targets. If they get the Kelly deal done ill be happy.

NuttinItUp

Kind of wish we had them on the 2018 schedule so Gus could whip Chip's ass.

Ironhawg

Want to really make the Huskers fans mad?  We pawn Bielema off on them and take Frost.

longpig

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 19, 2017, 07:09:30 pm
Good call!  NU will go hard after him.

That'd get the Huskers double pissed.  They already resent Arkansas for taking Van Horn.

jgphillips3

He's in the right State.  Plenty of speed down there.  If he actually develops a good defense, he could be perennial top ten again.  He may also flame out.  We'll see.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: longpig on November 19, 2017, 07:10:20 pm
Meh, unless it's in Atlanta (lol) Kelly will be long gone from Gainesville before we play them again.

He was a damn good college football coach with a roster made up of 75% 3 star kids.  He'll pull more 4 stars than 3 each year along with some 5 stars.  He's gonna take over the East man. 
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Broadway Rob on November 19, 2017, 07:15:45 pm
He was a damn good college football coach with a roster made up of 75% 3 star kids.  He'll pull more 4 stars than 3 each year along with some 5 stars.  He's gonna take over the East man.

I agree. The days are numbered for the new HC at Tennessee.

Also helps our West chances considering LSU has to play them every year.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Oliver

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 19, 2017, 07:12:00 pm
Its good news for us. Thats one less team we have to worry about going after any of our targets. If they get the Kelly deal done ill be happy.

There are no guarantees but I think Chip will do well at a place like Florida.  I really don't want that to happen.

I seriously doubt Florida had anybody on our "supposed" coaching list. 

jabberjawls

Quote from: longpig on November 19, 2017, 07:14:19 pm
That'd get the Huskers double pissed.  They already resent Arkansas for taking Van Horn.
Van Horn was only on loan.

I think Kelly returns Florida to being a power. Will be interesting if strength of conference returns to the east with Georgia and Florida.

AirWarren

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Oliver on November 19, 2017, 07:17:32 pm
There are no guarantees but I think Chip will do well at a place like Florida.  I really don't want that to happen.

I seriously doubt Florida had anybody on our "supposed" coaching list. 

Luckily they are in the East. Send all the good coaches over to the East side.

grayhawg

Be hard to get him, he's supposedly Nebraska bound

ChicoHog

I'll put my money on UGA.  Kelly will score points but also give them up and physical teams like UGA will run it down his throat.  Plus he'll do something stupid and get them on probation. 

zerose

The soothsayer of swine is happy Petrino didn't end up at Florida... Talk about a Juggernaut!!!

Oh crap the mc8bTM reminds me that Tennessee is available... Ohh the humanity!
Peering inside the magic crystal 8-ball in the dark confines of a spider hole.

Dark Helmet Hog

It will be interesting to see how this works out.

There is no guarantee of him ever repeating the success he's had. Funny thing about changing jobs and disrupting a good thing. A lot of variables inside that successful formula.

SPAL

Yep. He will likely be in the SECCG in 3 years.

longpig

Sure he will, and move on after 3 or 4 years. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Oliver on November 19, 2017, 07:17:32 pm

Being at Florida means the Hogs are unlikely to see him before the Gators roll back on the schedule in 2022.  It would have been much worse if A&M were targeting him.

longpig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 19, 2017, 07:30:19 pm
It will be interesting to see how this works out.

There is no guarantee of him ever repeating the success he's had. Funny thing about changing jobs and disrupting a good thing. A lot of variables inside that successful formula.

To that point, Oregon fans and administrators weren't win addicts like what he'll endure at Florida. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Broadway Rob

Quote from: longpig on November 19, 2017, 07:40:00 pm
To that point, Oregon fans and administrators weren't win addicts like what he'll endure at Florida.

They didn't have to be.  Have you seen his record at Oregon? 
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I would hate to lose him but Tennessee should move on CBB now. They need to counter the Kelley hire at Florida.

grayhawg

Quote from: Broadway Rob on November 19, 2017, 07:41:34 pm
They didn't have to be.  Have you seen his record at Oregon? 
Different time,  place and different circumstances, did you see what he done with the Eagles and Forty Niners. He might start a dynasty and might fail miserably. I am just going to wait and see.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 19, 2017, 07:33:54 pm
Yep. He will likely be in the SECCG in 3 years.

3 years?   Heck they had a crap coach take them to back to back his first and second year.  Probably better do it faster than 3 years. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

husker71

will be interested to see Kellys staff     the defensive side will be the one to watch IMHO

HogPharmer

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 19, 2017, 07:50:07 pm
3 years?   Heck they had a crap coach take them to back to back his first and second year.  Probably better do it faster than 3 years.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Oliver

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 19, 2017, 07:20:50 pm
Luckily they are in the East. Send all the good coaches over to the East side.

East is better than the West sure.  But I'd rather send them to other conferences

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 19, 2017, 06:54:18 pm
Good news.  That just confirms my hatred of the Gators since I think Kelly is a complete jerk and over rated coach.  We'll see how he handles the pressure there when things go south.

I hate 'em too, but they just go a lot better than they've been since Meyer faked the heart attack and got outta town.

With that recruiting base and the defenses they've had, all they have needed was a running game and a QB.

It's hard to understand how a program like that in such a talent rich area could have been so bad at QB for so long.

He will find one, and they will run the ball. He never had the overall talent at Oregon like he's about to have and he won't be foolish enough to mouth off like BB coming in, but he will not bow down and kiss Saban's rings either.

The balance of power in the SEC could shift a bit, the East could definitely use a boost. Hope we don't have to play them soon..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: 12247 on November 19, 2017, 07:56:05 pm
Shadow, are you serious?

No, but maybe they will take him. Trying to find him a new job.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 07:14:39 pm
He's in the right State.  Plenty of speed down there.  If he actually develops a good defense, he could be perennial top ten again.  He may also flame out.  We'll see.
I figured cocaine would be plentiful in Florida not speed. WTH do I know though...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

texas tush hog

Quote from: grayhawg on November 19, 2017, 07:24:42 pm
Be hard to get him, he's supposedly Nebraska bound

Yep, going home, the Big 10 better get ready. Wisconsin especially.

jcbville

Good. Hope it is true. We need good coaches in the SEC to balance out the SEC and the Saban/Alabama quagmire it's in.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 19, 2017, 07:14:39 pm

If he snags Todd Grantham he will rule the east.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 19, 2017, 07:13:07 pm
Want to really make the Huskers fans mad?  We pawn Bielema off on them and take Frost.
Hahaha.  I hope that happens.

3kgthog

Perfect hire for their program, fans, and talent base. It's back to UGA and UF ruling the East.

hobhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 19, 2017, 06:54:18 pm

This. Ain't worried.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tony Perkis on November 19, 2017, 06:52:17 pm
Wow. Moved fast after the news out of UCLA.

Why? He been there and done that league...