Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Accurate Assessment?

Started by hogblitz, October 05, 2017, 09:31:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Basically saying a win here is the difference in winning 6/7 games or not. And does it matter? I would agree that if we are going to win 6 games South Carolina is a must win.

Does it matter? I would say yes it probably does on a small scale at least.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Ex-Trumpet

"Do you care if Arkansas beats South Carolina?

Clearly, fans want a win. That's a given."

That's as far as I got in the article and anything after that I'm sure is just drivel.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hogwild

Quote from: hogblitz on October 05, 2017, 09:31:33 am
Arkansas, if it beats the Gamecocks on Saturday in Columbia, is still staring a 7-5 record straight in the face.

I disagree with that, if we lose to USCe, I don't see how we get to 7 wins.  2-3 (0-2) with half dozen SEC games left.  Assuming we lose to Bama/Auburn, we would have to run the table to reach seven wins.

snoblind

Quote from: Ward on October 05, 2017, 09:35:19 am
why do you think the author of this has posed a good question?

are you Eric Bolen?

Thanks for pointing out the author.  No reason to read.

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 05, 2017, 09:43:33 am
"Do you care if Arkansas beats South Carolina?

Clearly, fans want a win. That's a given."

That's as far as I got in the article and anything after that I'm sure is just drivel.

If it's from Bolin, that's all it is, drivel......

hawgon

All he says is that IF we win, then we still finish at 7-5 most likely.  And if we finish at 7-5 does that change the way you feel about Bert in a positive way?  So, does it matter or not?  Are you excited and feel that we have the right coach and staff if they deliver another 7-5 season?

If you want a change, I'm not sure how to feel.  I'm pretty sure that having felt a taste of the heat and realizing that he is in over his head, Bert might be looking for a way out.  A 7-5 season might make him attractive enough to some other school to give him a way.  On the other hand, while a record worse than that would make his eventual ouster at Arkansas inevitable, it might not give him any other options but to dig in like a tick and ride it out.

Ironhawg

Who is Eric Bolen?  He sure seems negative about the Hogs.

jst01

I care. The only hope I have left for this season is if the Hogs REALLY start clicking this weekend. If things come together in the right way the best case scenario would be to go 6-2 to finish the year and win a bowl game. Maybe this will be like the 2015 Tennessee game that was unexpected and helped the team go on a good run.

DoctorSusscrofa

I always want a win, no matter what other issues are on the table.  If we win at SC, we stand a decent chance of being able to beat Ole Miss, Missouri, and maybe LSU or Miss St. We still would be serious underdogs to Bama and Auburn, but a win at SC gives us a path to 7 wins and maybe even 8 if Ole Miss, Miss St, and LSU really are as down as their bad games indicate. A loss at SC probably means we cave in. Such a loss almost certainly means we'd be 2-5 after 7 games and 3-6 after 9.  This game matters we need a good win or at least a sorry win.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

hogblitz

Quote from: Ward on October 05, 2017, 10:21:37 am
I think it's pretty obvious he's the OP pumping his articles on here
Your kidding, right? 

As nearly everyone believes, BAMA and Auburn are good, A&M decent and the rest of us in the west not so good.  Should we improve just a little, it really helps.  Some of the other LESSOR teams will improve too.  SC is a must win if this team intends to show any mettle. 

I never turn down a win, no matter.  But winning the SC game doesn't make me believe that Bret is the man.  There shouldn't be a doubt about us beating a pitiful team like SC is being billed.  The fact that there is considerable doubt speaks volumes about our program.  However, I have posted many times, our position within the SEC is far more dependent on how bad the other SEC teams are that we play in any given year than it is on how good we can be.  Our CAN BE is nearly nothing right now and for the past 25 years, ON AVERAGE, its been pitiful.

I cannot root for a loss even if it meant BB being replaced.  And very few of us believe Bret is going anywhere if the Hogs lose to SC and several others in the SEC this year. 

Someone mentioned Bret going someplace else.  That ship has sailed.  I doubt Bret could get a P5 job under about any circumstance and the others cannot afford him.  He looks like an announcer job at best.  Think they would expect him to at least shave and just look awake.

hogcard1964

I admit it's getting harder to watch this mess.  I just have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that we're going to lose yet another one we should win.

The Hawg Marshal

Porkchop#1

Quote from: 12247 on October 05, 2017, 08:34:22 pm
As nearly everyone believes, BAMA and Auburn are good, A&M decent and the rest of us in the west not so good.  Should we improve just a little, it really helps.  Some of the other LESSOR teams will improve too.  SC is a must win if this team intends to show any mettle. 
I kinda felt like we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against the Ags.  That was a game we should have won.

hassettsportsman

My hope is that we win the turnover margin..and convert the turnovers and we return to authentic Hog uniforms...that's a winning formula!

clew

#allwinsmatter

I know some of you are #allgamesmatter but let's leave the politics out of this.
Pure as the dawn

Inhogswetrust

October 06, 2017, 06:03:16 pm #18 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:58:28 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2017, 09:50:31 am
If it's from Bolin, that's all it is, drivel......

Eric Bolen should lose any media credentials he has.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boardon Hamsay

Eric Bolin is the new Robert Shields.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 06, 2017, 08:35:25 pm
Eric Bolin is the new Robert Shields.
You mean someone is actually trying to live down to that basement dwelling level ??? ::) Now THAT'S alarming.

hoghiker

Winning on the road in the SEC isn't easy. If we win today it means something. I'm a little miffed at the attitude that we should win today but even if we do it doesn't mean anything. It would be a win.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: hoghiker on October 07, 2017, 11:37:56 am
Winning on the road in the SEC isn't easy. If we win today it means something. I'm a little miffed at the attitude that we should win today but even if we do it doesn't mean anything. It would be a win.
Hogville after the win today:

All Gas, No Brakes!

LZH

Someone's career is on the line today. Glad it is not mine....as if.

KlubhouseKonnected

Eff Bolin and his half arsed "think piece"

That dorkless hump could not write his way out of a piss soaked paper bag
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

October 07, 2017, 11:56:23 am #25 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:26:57 pm by KlubhouseKonnected
Quote from: hawgon on October 05, 2017, 09:55:56 am
All he says is that IF we win, then we still finish at 7-5 most likely.  And if we finish at 7-5 does that change the way you feel about Bert in a positive way?  So, does it matter or not?  Are you excited and feel that we have the right coach and staff if they deliver another 7-5 season?

If you want a change, I'm not sure how to feel.  I'm pretty sure that having felt a taste of the heat and realizing that he is in over his head, Bert might be looking for a way out.  A 7-5 season might make him attractive enough to some other school to give him a way.  On the other hand, while a record worse than that would make his eventual ouster at Arkansas inevitable, it might not give him any other options but to dig in like a tick and ride it out.

Stopped reading when you typed "Bert" and just assumed you are too stupid to write anything humorous so there is no hope for you to write anything of value

hoghiker

Quote from: Ward on October 07, 2017, 11:45:33 am
are you by chance the West Point grad with the Che Guevera t-shirt?
[/quote
Trosky. Nice of you to notice.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 07, 2017, 11:56:23 am
Stopped reading when you typed "Bert" and just assumed you are too stupid to. W humorous so there is no hope for you to write anything of value
Yep, if there's one true key to determine what the true attitude of a particular poster is  to detect this particular name. I've never noted anyone who has anything positive to say about the man ever using this particular misspelling.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 07, 2017, 12:07:18 pm
Yep, if there's one true key to determine what the true attitude of a particular poster is  to detect this particular name. I've never noted anyone who has anything positive to say about the man ever using this particular misspelling.

It's not even that really. If you have a negative take, ok, but if you think calling him "Bert" is amusing then you are a child and I don't need to read your little tantrums and petulant mewlings.

mckinneyhog5

Stopped reading when you typed "Bert" and just assumed you are too stupid to. W humorous so there is no hope for you to write anything of value
I also stop reading any post that contains "Bert" in it.  In fact I now glance over post first and specifically look for that so I don't waste my time.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

MissippHog

lasthog

hawgon

Stopped reading when you typed "Bert" and just assumed you are too stupid to write anything humorous so there is no hope for you to write anything of value

Bert is fat.

hawgon

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 07, 2017, 01:15:27 pm
I also stop reading any post that contains "Bert" in it.  In fact I now glance over post first and specifically look for that so I don't waste my time.

Bert is really fat.

KlubhouseKonnected

hawgon

KlubhouseKonnected