Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Sandifer (Basketball 2014)

Started by -Blu, October 07, 2013, 11:04:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Blu

247 sports just recently added him on our Scouting list.  Usually when they add someone on the list this there has been some sort of communication or interest shown. He's a 4 star kid that has recently De-committed from Missouri.  He's a 6'4 SG.  His highlight tapes look really good, really good athlete and slasher, can really get to the basket and create his own shot.

Anybody else heard anything on him?

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2014-Basketball/Targets

http://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Sandifer-22487

Razorod

Be interesting to see how it plays out and, if he commits, does he have the academic piece worked out. Good player.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The_Iceman

We sure could use a guard with that kind of size. Love his overall ball skills too.

But like the link points out, grades are the issue. If he'll commit to us, it's worth a shot.

Hawg Red

Always good to get a player once committed to Missouri, but grades are rumored to be a concern.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 08, 2013, 10:01:30 am
Always good to get a player once committed to Missouri, but grades are rumored to be a concern.

Its worth a shot. Just get him committed. If he doesn't make it, oh well.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 08, 2013, 10:06:32 am
Its worth a shot. Just get him committed. If he doesn't make it, oh well.

That could cost you player that actually will qualify, though.

Swinesong1

Hawg Red

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 08, 2013, 10:58:13 am
who?

Carlos Morris or another JUCO guard. Maybe another prep guard. A transfer. The 2013-2014 season hasn't started yet. Still plenty of time.

-Blu

I'm pretty sure we'll hear more on him as the season goes on.  If the rumors of his grades are indeed true, I don't really see our staff putting too much effort into him.  But if his grades aren't a concern, this is a kid I wouldn't mind seeing us put all our efforts into getting. We need a guard that can create his own shots and get to the basket.  I think Anton Beard will bring a little bit of that next year, but with Sandifer's size and athleticism I could really see him being a go to guy in the future for points.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 08, 2013, 11:01:10 am
Carlos Morris or another JUCO guard. Maybe another prep guard. A transfer. The 2013-2014 season hasn't started yet. Still plenty of time.

Yea I agree it's still really early for the 2014 recruiting class.  We've really filled all of our position needs, but it looks like our staff wants to fill that last spot with a hybrid guy that can play the 2 or 3 position.  We have plenty of time to fill that position, really no rush to take chances on guys that may not have grades.  There will always be late bloomers, and guys that emerge in JUCO, so if the rumors are true about Sandifer's grades, it may not be worth it.