Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CCM Uses Drone at Practice

Started by GoHogzzGo, March 05, 2018, 10:29:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogzzGo

Really encouraged by the constant forward thinking here. Not everything makes a big difference, but the little things add up. Apparently been doing it a while too.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Bolt/Arkansas-Razorbacks-head-coach-Chad-Morris-uses-a-drone-to-capture-practice-film-115858848
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Pig in the Pokey

they've been doing it since clemson. BB prefrred a gimmicky VR setup that didnt have the software to be really useful. The Fat One wasnt a smart guy tbh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

NEA_HogFan

I'm pretty sure we have used drones before. Petrino maybe?

Pig in the Pokey

maybe. i think his last spring practices they were there for sure with drones.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawgboy64

I think Bret would have the drones bring him drinks and referred to them as "Beer Force 1".....
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

GoHogzzGo

Well I guess I was behind the times. I'm out from under the Bielema rock now  ;)
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

hamhocks

Quote from: Hawgboy64 on March 05, 2018, 11:10:27 am
I think Bret would have the drones bring him drinks and referred to them as "Beer Force 1".....
:  I don't care who you are,  that was funny.

liljo

:) :D ;D
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Who would turn that down? :)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Arkansas WR

I bet the players enjoy watching the drone footage. I own a drone, and its always cool to get a nice camera shot. Ill just fly mine onto the practice field and see if they notice.

FANONTHEHILL

This is something NWA high schools were doing the last couple of years as well.  Great vantage points for film review.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on March 05, 2018, 10:57:53 am
I'm pretty sure we have used drones before. Petrino maybe?

Didn't we have drones circling Powerhouse a couple coaching searches ago?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I gotta get one of those.. "Alexa... Beer me up babe!"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hawgboy64

Maybe they can use drones to deliver beers in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium during the games. I would love to see one get hacked and dive bomb Saban or Gus.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

Pig in the Pokey

LOL

twistitup

I like the use of drone technology.

CCM seems ahead of the curve in many ways.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkSoda

Quote from: twistitup on March 06, 2018, 08:04:27 am
I like the use of drone technology.

CCM seems ahead of the curve in many ways.
just think of the concession applications
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkSoda on March 06, 2018, 05:58:49 pm
just think of the concession applications

Possibilities - endless
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

870hogfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 05, 2018, 10:52:02 am
they've been doing it since clemson. BB prefrred a gimmicky VR setup that didnt have the software to be really useful. The Fat One wasnt a smart guy tbh.

Internet tough guy

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 05, 2018, 10:52:02 am
Could you elaborate more on the gimmicky setup, want to make sure we update all the coaches at the below 10 schools and also get a note out to the cowboys organization.

"The current STriVR client list includes Stanford, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Dartmouth and Vanderbilt, as well as the Dallas Cowboys"

AND

"STriVR isn't the only start-up in the early stages of a virtual reality system. EON Sports counts Kansas, Ole Miss, Syracuse and UCLA as FBS-level clients."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/28725797