Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former Hog Great, Jake Bequette is headed to IBOLC

Started by FraggleHog, February 01, 2018, 03:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRazorbacker

Will never forget him absolutely crushing the S Carolina QB in the last home game of 2011. The last season we were worth a shrit. Great kid.

LogHog

snoblind

Knot2brite

I worked the HDN camp before Jake's senior year and he was in my group. He was one of the finest young men that I have ever had the chance to be around and his attitude and demeanor was more impressive than his talent. This does not surprise me in the least. Fine upstanding human being and I wish him all the good things in life.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

longtimeHogfan

Thank you Jake.  Pay attention to those guys with hash marks up to their elbows.  They'll help you complete your education.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Dillar Dog

Good for him.

Maybe he can make it to delta selection at some point.

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

As far as I can tell, he is still "training" in some way shape or form.

99toLife

Quote from: welchog on February 04, 2018, 03:29:20 pm
As all infantry officers go to ranger school, it'll be interesting to hear how much weight he loses during the nine weeks.   Heard many a ranger coming out looking like Auschwitz survivors.

Knowing a highly decorated  recently retired Green Beret since he was 2yrs old, I can tell you most do not look anything like Rambo...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: welchog on February 04, 2018, 03:29:20 pm
As all infantry officers go to ranger school, it'll be interesting to hear how much weight he loses during the nine weeks.   Heard many a ranger coming out looking like Auschwitz survivors.

Starts smelling like death at Dahlonega. Body starts eating muscle to fuel activity and it starts smelling like a morgue.

Quote from: 99toLife on December 26, 2018, 10:12:02 am
Knowing a highly decorated  recently retired Green Beret since he was 2yrs old, I can tell you most do not look anything like Rambo...

My office is packed full of Ranger School graduates (far higher than the normal ratio seen Army wide). Most look completely normal into their 40s and looked kinda underwhelming during their careers.

Regiment guys look a little more chiseled as a rule.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Squealers on December 12, 2018, 03:58:11 pm
Any updates on Jake's status?

No updates available.

Still training in some way shape or form.